Uncle Iggy

sorabji.com: Dreamland: Uncle Iggy
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By Rhiannon on Thursday, March 23, 2000 - 10:04 am:

Last night, I dreamt that Iggy Pop was my uncle. The dream started with us at an airport, walking into the garage to pick up a car we had rented. In the dream we called the car a Trans Am, but it was actually a huge, really wide, black bus.

We got in the bus and started talking to each other. He spoke really slowly and in halting phrases, which I attributed to all those drugs he did over his lifetime. He was trying to tell me about a version of Pachelbel's Canon that he had heard sung with voices and no instruments.

We kept driving down this long straight highway. It was nighttime. Things began to get a little surreal, even for a dream, in that it was like we were in two places at once: in reality, and in a music video. A song that Iggy had recently written was playing on the stereo, and the windshield was like a movie screen. The song was kind of cheery/poppy, but it was still kind of warped, like an Iggy Pop song should be.

Suddenly, I was alone in the bus, driving it. I turned off the highway onto another very straight road....this one looked like a road in a suburban neighborhood. I kept driving down the road until I realized that Iggy was probably wondering where I was. There was no room to turn around my big old bus in this narrow street, so I just put the bus in reverse and floored the accelerator, making sure to keep the left-side wheels aligned with the curb.

I noticed that I was driving standing up. Then I felt around with my feet and noticed that there was no brake pedal, only 6 or 7 accelerator pedals. I was kind of worried, but kind of not. After all, this was a music video and nothing serious.

I could see in my rearview mirror that I was about to come up over a big hill, and I knew that the highway would be on the other side of the hill. I thought about how I could make it onto the highway driving in reverse, and I thought that probably wasn't a good idea, so I made this very jerky and quick 2-point turn on the narrow street and got the bus going forward the right way.

I flew over the hill. The bus was flying in the air. I could see a whole bunch of cops waiting for me on the highway. Their faces were painted like clowns, and they were holding each other back, like "let me at her!" but in a slapstick kind of way, like they weren't really mad or really struggling...they just wanted to put on a show of anger. I landed the bus pretty smoothly and tore off down the highway in the direction I had come, the same song still blaring on the stereo.

Fin.

By patrick on Thursday, March 23, 2000 - 12:44 pm:

whata bitch, i have that dream at least twice a week.......often, nate the inanimate fern is present too....fucker!

By semillama on Thursday, March 23, 2000 - 06:35 pm:

Iggy pop's mom and dad used to live 30 miles from me.

So?

Nothing, thought I would mention that.

By Rhiannon on Sunday, October 22, 2000 - 08:54 pm:

Last night I dreamt I was walking in some woods, and I came across a tree that had a long ladder leaning against it. There were bones dangling from the rungs of the ladder and branches of the tree. I knew that there had been a family of deer who lived in the woods but thought they were humans, and they had put the ladder against the tree and had tried to live up there. But they weren't humans, they were deer, and deer can't climb trees, and so they got stuck up there and died.

Then I found this other tree that I had climbed many times as a child and I had to climb it again for some reason (someone was chasing me, I think), only the tree was covered in ice and I knew I was a lot bigger now than I was when I used to climb it. I could remember where to put my hands and feet as I climbed, but I knew I was moments away from falling.

Then I had a dream about the map of Ireland.

By Tired on Monday, October 23, 2000 - 01:51 am:

Wow, that's incredible! Ireland?

By moonit on Monday, October 23, 2000 - 07:49 pm:

the map of Ireland?

Since i moved my dreamcatcher I keep having
    these freakin weird dreams.

Me and Brad Pitt were friends. His wife was
    away, and we were staying in this little alpine
    village. Anyway he was hungry, so we drove
    down to KFC, and I gave him $20 for some
    food. He was in shock, staring at me with the
    $20 in his hand. No female had ever given the
    man money to buy something for himself. (you
    know why hes Brad Pitt, hes got molah)

He hugged me and I woke up.

weird.

i dont even _like_ brad pitt

By Rhiannon on Tuesday, October 24, 2000 - 08:45 am:

Uh, what's the big deal? In the dream, the counties were filled with the most common last names in the area. My last name appeared in Co. Donegal. (I have no idea if that's true or not.)

That was it.

By Margret on Tuesday, October 24, 2000 - 12:54 pm:

County Donegal, eh?
    Hmm.
    When we go to Ireland I want to go to Connemora. I want to see some bad tempered ponies and a convent.

By Isolde on Tuesday, October 24, 2000 - 01:02 pm:

Are you planning to go soon?
    I stayed in Co. Kerry. I know I wrote about it somewhere. We were going to go to Donegal, but we ran out of money...oh well. It was a lot of fun, I really love Ireland. I dreamed about death last night, surprise surprise.

By Rhiannon on Tuesday, October 24, 2000 - 01:48 pm:

Last time I was there, I liked Co. Clare the best. However, we didn't get to see the famed cliffs (cliffs of More? what are they called?) because of the fog.

We wanted to go to Cos. Sligo and Donegal, and then visit family in Derry, but we didn't have time and our cousins were in England. Alas, we had to go to Scotland and Wales instead.

I liked Scotland so much. We went to Skye...I'm moving there some day, I know it.

By Rhiannon on Tuesday, October 24, 2000 - 01:52 pm:

Cliffs of Moher.

By Isolde on Tuesday, October 24, 2000 - 02:42 pm:

I want to go to Scotland very much.

By Cat on Tuesday, October 24, 2000 - 03:50 pm:

Ireland is one of my favourite places. But take a tip from me and don't plan any extensive bike riding trips. There's a reason it's so bloody green in Ireland...rain. And not nice pretty rain either.

I stayed at some lovely guesthouses. I have the details buried somewhere if you need them.

I'm also good for some amazing places in England, including the finest pub in the entire World.

By pez on Tuesday, October 24, 2000 - 03:55 pm:

scotland is beautiful. edinborough is much prettier, much free-er than london.

i played flute and piccolo in sterling castle, where mary stuart (mary queen of scots) spent most of her time (when she wasn't in france/england). i had a connection with that place. i knew things about it, and i hadn't read a tour book beforehand. i told some others about it, and my (at the time) boyfriend thought that i was mary in a past life. yeah right.

but still, being told to look up (i don't know what it was, i was alone) and seeing that gargoyle watching me, i was scared.

i'll have to go back and investigate.

By Isolde on Tuesday, October 24, 2000 - 04:20 pm:

Ireland is wonderful, I agree. Especially where I stayed, in a cottage owned by gay Englishmen! It was excellent! Very excellent. Anyhow, yes. Tell me about the best pub in the world, Cat.
    I want to go to Scotland, see what it's like there. It sounds like a wicked cool place.
    I'm eating hob nobs. Yum.

By Rhiannon on Tuesday, October 24, 2000 - 04:43 pm:

We went to Sterling Castle and Edinburgh. I loved both those places.

The Highlands are where it's at, though. We stayed in a place near Glencoe and on Loch Leven called Ballachulish. Tiny little place. Jaw-droppingly beautiful country. Huge green mountains with little waterfalls everywhere. It was enough to make you cry.

By Isolde on Tuesday, October 24, 2000 - 04:48 pm:

By Cat on Tuesday, October 24, 2000 - 04:58 pm:

The Lamb Inn, Upper Rissington in the Cotswolds. Beautiful stone pub, older than either of our countries. Guiness, nice people, comfy chairs, lovely view of the countryside...close to heaven.

But then I think the best places are always those where you're happiest. And for me that's not about the view, but the company.

By Isolde on Tuesday, October 24, 2000 - 05:53 pm:

Yes, it really is. People can be heavenly...sometimes. I was really happy in Ireland. That's probably one of the reasons I liked it so much...

By pez on Wednesday, October 25, 2000 - 12:48 am:

pictures of stirling castle

the chapel is where the band and orchestra played. i played on "autopilot" the whole time because i felt a presence...or rather it felt like i was living two lives at the same time...playing the flute and getting married when i had no choice in the matter.....

By Isolde on Wednesday, October 25, 2000 - 01:22 am:

That's a damn fine castle.

By pez on Wednesday, October 25, 2000 - 12:32 pm:

i took most of a roll there, but it just happened to be the roll that didn't turn out. sux.

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact