I had a dream last night

sorabji.com: Dreamland: I had a dream last night
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By N.b. on Friday, March 24, 2000 - 03:11 pm:

I had a dream last night, and Mark Thomas was in it, and that's all I'm going to say about it.

By patrick on Friday, March 24, 2000 - 05:22 pm:

that may be for the best

By Rhiannon on Tuesday, May 2, 2000 - 12:46 pm:

I have a question for you all:

Do you act like yourselves in your dreams, or do you act "out of character"?

By patrick on Tuesday, May 2, 2000 - 12:51 pm:

hmmmm.....it varies, i haven't remembered dreams for several weeks now

By semillama on Tuesday, May 2, 2000 - 01:12 pm:

I had a dream last night, in which I was in a castle. The people in the castle had a moat which was full of hot cooking oil and they rolled anything edible (fruit, shoes, rats, etc) in breadcrumbs and tossed them in the moat to fry. I tried to explain to them how they could make a profit off this activity by packaging the fried objects and selling them as TV dinners.

So, to answer your question, yes.

By J on Tuesday, May 2, 2000 - 01:37 pm:

I don,t remember my dreams anymore,but when I was a kid,I use to have the same dream over and over.I was on the playground for P.E. we were all running then I,d just take off flying,I loved that dream.My nightmares I remember though.I had a nightmare where I went to hell and it was all to vivid,I even wrote it down the next day after I had it.I hpope I don,t go to hell.

By Warner on Tuesday, May 2, 2000 - 02:02 pm:

I moved into my new place last night. I had the same disturbing dream over and over. It was an actual even about 3 years ago:

In a camp ground just outside of Venice Italy, I was laying on a blanket with a girl, on a grassy area in front of a rocky shoreline, at dusk. We were kissing and talking, and then we heard some weird noises. Sort of deep squeeking, really bad sounding. I leaned up on my elbows, and looked around and didn't see anything. We heard it agian, this time we say eyes in the rocks. Not one set of eyes, dozens. Dozens of sewer rats or somthing all cralwling out of the rocks, and making teritorial noises at us. I hate rats, and when I saw them, I jumped right up, grabbed the blanket and the girl and ran.

I just kept on dreaming that incident over and over.

I hate rats. Damn.

By MapleLeaf on Tuesday, May 2, 2000 - 02:31 pm:

You must be glad you moved out of that neighbourhood.

By Isolde on Tuesday, May 2, 2000 - 02:40 pm:

Sometimes I'm myself. Sometimes I'm not.

By Vue on Wednesday, May 3, 2000 - 05:13 am:

I'm me except sometimes I have super powers.

By N.b. on Wednesday, May 3, 2000 - 09:54 am:

j,. i flew too, but i never did it when people were around. well maybe my sister.

By J on Wednesday, May 3, 2000 - 01:43 pm:

Did you feel kind of jealous of her?

By Warner on Thursday, May 4, 2000 - 02:22 pm:

I dreamt of my Ex-Girlfriend last night... I wasn't in the dream though... Well I was, I was sort of trying to catch up to her, like the dream was following her, and I was behind the dream... Anyway, she was driving around in this bugundy minivan (She doesn't drive, have a mini van or live in Canada) and on top of her van was a rolled up persian rug. She was driving from store to store trying to sell the persian rug, Well, she wasn't her brother was going into the stores.

I remeber it was dark and rainy outside in my dream. Any Idea what the hell that means?

By Vue on Thursday, May 4, 2000 - 03:53 pm:

Your ex-gf might have had more valuable hidden assets than you were aware of during your relationship, and it's only after you broke up that you realized it. ??? possibly?

By Rhiannon on Thursday, May 4, 2000 - 04:35 pm:

I had a horrible dream last night.

I was in this home for orphans in Germany during WWII, and I was a pretty bad kid. We had this nurse who was really mean to us, and in one part of the dream, all of us were gathered in this dining room, and I was smoking a cigarette [see what I mean about not acting like myself? I don't smoke] and I flicked it at the nurse.

Anyway, the next thing I know, we're all "taking a trip to the country" and we have to get there by train. We end up in this nice inn-type place. At this point I ask our nurse: what have we been eating for the past few days? I didn't recognize the flavor.

Then she begins to speak in a logical-succession kind of format. I can't remember exactly how her argument went, but it was something like:
    a) you don't recognize the flavor
    b) the meat is unusually lean
    c) you kids are rather skinny
    d) some of you are missing
    e) why do you think that is?

When it hit me, I fell on my knees and doubled over and just screamed and screamed.

By Warner on Thursday, May 4, 2000 - 04:38 pm:

I don't think that's it. our breakup is sort of a long drawn out story I don't feel like writing right now, but if there was one thing I was always aware of, it would be her "assets" tangible and intangible. If anything, she was and probably still is unaware of all the great things about her self.

By Warner on Thursday, May 4, 2000 - 04:41 pm:

That's a pretty f****d dream rhiannon...

By Rhiannon on Thursday, May 4, 2000 - 08:22 pm:

Yep.

After that I had a dream that I was in Antarctica and Prince Charles and some other people were walking around exploring the place, and when Prince Charles came up to me I saw that he was so cold that his face was literally as white as snow. So I put my hands up to his face hoping to warm some color back into them.

I like my dreams. They're always entertaining.

By semillama on Thursday, May 4, 2000 - 09:15 pm:

Are the British Royalty entering the collective subconscious of sorabji.com?

By on Friday, May 5, 2000 - 11:59 am:

Rhiannon-you know now that you have lived another life, don't you?

By Rhiannon on Friday, May 5, 2000 - 06:24 pm:

Really? What other life have I led?

By Star on Saturday, May 6, 2000 - 10:13 pm:

I had a dream a while back, it was strange. I was locked in a room full of orang light. Soon after that, a person was coming into focus, like they had been far away at first, but this was impossible, because the room was only 2 feet x 2 feet. When it came into view, I saw that it was my friend, Michael, he had on a gown, that was white, but the strange thing is, he should not have on a gown, and he also never wears white. Anyway, I digress, he was projecting that orange light, and floating towards me as though he was coming from a top corner of the room. He came closer to me, until he was so close that he was in my face, he reached up with his boney hands, that are always as cold as ice, and touched my face, and told me that it was going to be okay, and that he was going to take me to the boat on the shore where I was supposed to meet my grandfather. This is also strange, because both of my grandfathers are dead. Then, he took my hand and led me out the door, I saw a mirror, and I saw that he had no feet, or that he was floating, I could not tell, and that I was wearing a torn wedding dress. It gets even more strange, but I would rather not tell you that part.

By No on Monday, May 8, 2000 - 04:13 am:

michael rowed the boat ashore, hallelujah.

By Rhiannon on Monday, May 8, 2000 - 12:51 pm:

Last night I dreamt that I walked on the beach and hurt my feet on the stones, and then Timothy Dalton appeared and gave me a foot massage.

Ew! Timothy Dalton grosses me out! And so do foot massages, for that matter.

Then the dream took me into the woods where a cow was loose and was trying to get me (a mad cow?), so I had to grab its head and hold its jaws shut so it wouldn't bite me. That is a recurrant image in my dreaming...mean barnyard animals (goats, cows, sheep) that I have to hold by the head to keep them from biting me. I wonder what that means.

By J on Monday, May 8, 2000 - 01:08 pm:

Stay away from farms and barnyards!!!

By semillama on Monday, May 8, 2000 - 01:29 pm:

Are you vegetarian, Rhiannon?

By Rhiannon on Monday, May 8, 2000 - 02:49 pm:

J: Will do.

Sem: Hell, no.

By Empire on Monday, May 8, 2000 - 08:37 pm:

Say no more Mon amore....I bring my lovin' right to your front door...oh rexy, your sooo sexy.

By Isolde on Tuesday, May 9, 2000 - 12:15 am:

I had a dream that I was walking along the Headlands my house looks over and that my neighbor shot me.

By semillama on Tuesday, May 9, 2000 - 04:52 pm:

Rhi: Then I think you are haunted by all the animals you ever ate.

the solution is to scare them off by very heartily devouring the next animal that comes across your plate.

By Rhiannon on Tuesday, May 9, 2000 - 05:33 pm:

No, I think the animals symbolize the Devil. the very first mean-animal-trying-to-bite-me dream I had, the animal was a goat and in the dream he was an incarnation of the Devil. I think all animals from then on are just forms of that goat.

By Gee on Wednesday, May 10, 2000 - 02:49 am:

when I dream about myself I always act like Me. sometimes I act like Me if I weren't shy. sometimes I'm actually In the dream, but I'm still just observing.

By Rhiannon on Monday, March 12, 2001 - 05:17 pm:

God damn, my dreams are strange. I wouldn't have remembered any of the ones I posted up here if I hadn't recorded them for posterity.

I'm trying to find my post about a dream I had about PW Long and sheep-shearing and the stillness he had when I talked to him and how he wanted me to run away with him but I woke up before I could get into his truck....I remember that dream very well. Not well enought, though -- I want to find that post. I know it's in the middle of a thread somewhere. Just can't find it.

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact