imagery

sorabji.com: Dreamland: imagery
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By Zephyr on Monday, June 26, 2000 - 12:20 am:

Earlier yesterday (im being technical) i had this totally strange vision in the middle of me trying to recover from yet another unending bout of manic-depression.

An astronaut or someone like one was in space, and in the vacuum of space, had a light bulb.

Then the space-farer drilled (or managed to put drill-type holes) in the glass bulb of the light bulb. After doing so, the character put some type of tape over the holes, and then everything went hazy, but I think that the bulb flashed into another scene, having been bored and taped, back on earth. It was put in a light socket, and the light turned on and from the bulb all the light and darkness became inverted.

Any clue to what this could possibly mean?

By J on Monday, June 26, 2000 - 02:58 am:

I take medication so I don't get that stinking thinking.

By Zephyr on Monday, June 26, 2000 - 08:56 am:

I'm on prozac. Yet I still get it.

By Bell_jar on Monday, June 26, 2000 - 09:52 am:

i'm almost officially off of my medicine. i was on paxil, but i've slowly decreased the dosage and in a week it will be no more.

i remember when i got on it, i had told the doctor that i wanted to try some herbal stuff first, but he looked at me and said, "that doesn't work with severe depression." i said i don't have severe depression. he kind of chuckled and handed me a perscription.

they also put me on an anti-psychotic medicine. i really didn't like it because i couldn't function after taking it. but then i took about 50 pills one night, so they took me off of it.

By Zephyr on Monday, June 26, 2000 - 12:46 pm:

I was on paxil first, but I was so incredibly tired all day long...I slept through every class and couldn't do anything. I was falling asleep at 8, and waking up at 7 and still being tired. I hated that stuff.

By J on Monday, June 26, 2000 - 12:53 pm:

Paxil made me dizzy.

By Tj on Monday, June 26, 2000 - 01:21 pm:

My doctor wants me to take paxil, i have not decided. Any suggestions? Besides my 12 gauge mossberg?

By agatha on Monday, June 26, 2000 - 02:57 pm:

paxil didn't work for my loved one. maybe he will comment further on his experience, if he gets motivated in that direction.

By Dr._Kevorkian on Monday, June 26, 2000 - 03:11 pm:

Go with the 12 gauge.

By patrick on Monday, June 26, 2000 - 03:34 pm:

a crazy freak i once knew gave me some paxil, you know, to take for fun......ugh........that shotgun seemed oh so appealing on that crap.......

i suppose it was similar to taking ritalin, when you don't need it, you get an opposite reaction.

so i was in the head of a clincally depressed individual for a day.

By Jay on Monday, June 26, 2000 - 03:52 pm:

i used to snort ritalin and be up for days. it was like doing coke without the edge.
    my girlfriend would steal it from the kids she was supposed to be supervising.
    she's probably going to hell for that.
    among other things.

By patrick on Monday, June 26, 2000 - 03:59 pm:

i'll see her there. whats she look like?

By Nate on Monday, June 26, 2000 - 04:12 pm:

you don't have bouts of manic-depression.

that doesn't even make sense.

dumbfuck.

By patrick on Monday, June 26, 2000 - 04:30 pm:

you talkin to me?

By Zephyr on Monday, June 26, 2000 - 04:48 pm:

Ok...thank you nate. I used that term loosely. I mean, I was on the downslide for a few days...(bitch)

Die.

I have a bottle of rit. in my house somewhere...I was going to be on that back in 5th grade but the day i started i went totally nuts. Hmm..this has possibilities!

Being human sucks. And what the hell did people with these sorts of problems do before such wonderful (my ass) medical developments as serotonin blockers (or whatever the hell the damn things do)? Did they just deal with it? Or did they actually go with the shotgun?

By Fetidbeaver on Monday, June 26, 2000 - 04:54 pm:

Patrick, what did you ever think of your little purple friend? You wouldn't believe my latest ______________.

By Bell_jar on Monday, June 26, 2000 - 05:33 pm:

the side effects of paxil suck, but umm... i think overall it did good things for me. it took the edge off of my emotions while i learned to deal with things. another cool thing is the "paxil cares" program. free paxil to anyone who makes under $20,000 a year.

i don't know what people did before being fucked up was so common and held in high regard.

By Cat on Monday, June 26, 2000 - 05:45 pm:

"It took the edge off" your emotions? Sheesh.

All this talk of pharmaceutical dependancies is depressing.

Wait! I'll run to the doc and get a prescription to fix it.

For fucks sake, stop looking in a bottle to fix your problems. When the bottle's finished, the problems won't have gone anywhere.

(Disclaimer: This post is in no way directed to people who have genuine mental health issues and need chemical treatment).

By patrick on Monday, June 26, 2000 - 05:49 pm:

yeah, that partt about Paxil beign free kinda creeps me. Ever seen Brain Candy?

yes beav...i did. thank you....one of those and a cocktail.....happy and HEAVY waffles!

By Zephyr on Monday, June 26, 2000 - 06:16 pm:

True...the drug is, I think, just a temporary fix, but I feel thatwithout it, I'd be a lot shittier. I guess some people need a crutch unitl they can heal a broken leg, and others are stronger and can deal, or they arent constantly being bombarded with crap...

By Cat on Monday, June 26, 2000 - 06:22 pm:

Yeah...OK...I'm just pissed off at the ready availability of anti-depressants...a close girlfriend has just spent the last six months in rehab trying to shake a habit that began when her husband died.

My point is...will the leg get any stronger if you don't throw away the crutches?

By patrick on Monday, June 26, 2000 - 06:44 pm:

throw em away??? crutches are expensive man!

By Fetidbeaver on Monday, June 26, 2000 - 07:43 pm:

Six months in rehab for an anti-depressant?
    That's a line of bullshit. She may have gotten into trouble with benzodiazpines. Or she maybe one of the many patients I've seen with a chemical dependency via alcohol or illicit drugs, then blame the Doc to save face with friends and family. There seem to be some people here talking over their heads...that's the problem with the internet....everybody is a doctor or a critic.

Patrick, Glad to be of service :o)

By Fetidbeaver on Monday, June 26, 2000 - 07:59 pm:

Also, if psychoactive drugs scare you then go read BLTC Research.
    htt://www.bltc.com/

By Fetidbeaver on Monday, June 26, 2000 - 08:00 pm:

By Cat on Monday, June 26, 2000 - 08:30 pm:

I'm prescribing an enema for you Fetid!

Her six month holiday hasn't been concurrent...more a month in, couple of weeks out, stomach pump, back in.

Anti-depressants haven't been her drug of choice for a long while. They were just the introductory special. Now she'd rather a nice pain killer, maybe with a chaser of sleeping pills followed by a bottle of vodka.

She'll admit herself that she can't blame it all on being prescribed anti-depressants to start with...but she did find it remarkably easy to get as many scripts as she wanted for whatever drugs she wanted...with a bit of lying and shopping around for sympathetic doctors.

I don't want to be a doctor or critic, can I be a fireman when I grow up?

By Isolde on Monday, June 26, 2000 - 09:58 pm:

I wish I'd grown up when they were prescribing acid to problem children.

By Nate on Monday, June 26, 2000 - 10:19 pm:

i didn't know anti-depressants had a happy effect.

jesus christ FB, i never knew. how the hell do i get on your mailing list.

i ate an 8th of mushrooms once instead of filling a prozac perscription. i've been prescribed that and zoloft and paxil. i never actually picked them up, though.

bi-polar is a bitch, but government mind control is worse.

thats right, folks. the goddamn democrats are using anti-depressants to track the weak. target them with their violence machines, HARP and shit. causing these schoolyard massacres so they can push their gun control and eventually erect their facist enterprise.

woo! i got through that without using the word "zionist". _____ would be proud.

anyway. i kind of like this zephyr person. it's like all the sudden we got a nice new crop.

By Jay on Monday, June 26, 2000 - 10:32 pm:

everyone just head on over to your nearest cow pasture for some herbal treatment.

By Fetidbeaver on Monday, June 26, 2000 - 11:55 pm:

My mailing list? hhhmmmm......send an email to drano@mailandnews.com
    p.s. if the box is full and rejects your email, try again in a day.

By Zephyr on Monday, June 26, 2000 - 11:56 pm:

Cat- The purpose of a crutch is to allow someone to not fall over or to reach a state where their leg can't be reparied...it serves, perhaps, as training wheels, and we need to get rid of them, when we're ready to go back to the "real world"...and I do plan to try to get over some of my "problems" while I'm on this, and maybe eliminate anything that causes me displeasure/pain/etc...then when those things are gone, or nearly, then, and only then will I get off the damn drugs. I skipped a day on prozac just once, and daaaaammmnnn...that was more than enough to convince me not to skip again!

fetidbeaver- Wow. Those BLTC chaps are a bit, shall we say, kooky?

Nate- Thanks. I quite enjoy this place (I used to lurk a bit, a couple of years ago, then I drifted away, then I returned a few months ago, lurking, and I started posting now)
    Did the shrooms work in place of the prozac? How did it affect you? Although that probably wouldn't be relevant to me...i've been labelled as having OCD, social anx. disorder, and depression resulting from the two previous and everything else. I dunno, if hallucinogens work better than the prozac, however, then it *might* be somehting worth trying.

Just for fun, i'm going to contemplate your conspiracy-esque viewpoint on the whole issue...

Jay- Um...what kinda herbs do you find in a cow pasture? That are good for you?

By Margret on Tuesday, June 27, 2000 - 12:06 am:

The guy who sells Cameron coffee was talking about snorting ritalin about two weeks ago. Until then, I'd never even considered it a possible recreational drug since everyone I knew who took it felt straightjacketed.
    I really like my cigarettes. It's the chemicals AND the ritual.

By Nate on Tuesday, June 27, 2000 - 09:52 am:

I was talking to A. last night about seratonin uptake inhibitors. Apparently the permenant side effect of these things are increased seratonin receptors in the brain. the brain compensates. unfortunately, once you have the extra receptors, they stick around even after your stop the drug.

pretty fucked up if you ask me.

yea, the shrooms worked great. for awhile. i did the 8th solo, faced my demons, peaked, showered, and then walked around san luis obispo with bare feet and freaky eyes.

but somewhere in there i realigned my life, for awhile.

of course, if you drink as much as i was, you end up depressed.

By Nate on Tuesday, June 27, 2000 - 09:54 am:

anyway, to make my point: i wouldn't perscribe hallucs for OCD or anxiety disorder or depression. i think it was me not my drogas.

i would perscribe hallucs for life though.

but i'm not a doctor.

By Kalliope on Tuesday, June 27, 2000 - 10:40 am:

I find it hilarious that anti-depressants have only become big in the past couple of years. It's a fuck up with society.

From what I can surmise, it's either that we really are getting more and more depressed, or that we're being convinced that we're not allowed to be depressed or emotional, and that constant balance is what makes us normal.

Well fuck that.

I have a friend who is dependent on anti-depress. because he's manic depressive. Thing is, he stops taking them once he gets better because he thinks, well he thinks he's better. Then he ends up in a slump worse off than if he'd never taken the stuff in the first place.

I hate it.

A little insanity is what makes the world more complex. Why can't we just accept it and let it happen.

By patypatboomboom on Tuesday, June 27, 2000 - 12:34 pm:

i have taken zoloft, buzpar, ritalin, and paxil in an attempt to acheive a recreational high. From what i understand about all, expcet ritalin, they affect your central nervous system, which to me is bad. I had strange twitches, neurons firing off when not necessary....on buzpars i had a particularly strange sensation that something in a 3rd, 4th or 5th dimension was hurling towards me and would zoom past my ears, eyes and skin....i could "hear", "see" and almost "feel" this "thing". It was never anythign i could show my friends though. Mild hallucinations. The twitches though, the headaches, the dry mouth.

I have taken these drugs and cofirmed i do not need them

Fuck, gimme a pain killer or sedative anyday but don't mess with my central nervous system....... my serotonin levels seem fine

However, ritalin on the other hand. Pulled a few all-nighters + a six hour drive one that shiyat. Chop chop, snort, snort .......equivilent to weak blow.

By J on Tuesday, June 27, 2000 - 01:32 pm:

My son,come to find out was selling his,when he was on ritalin,sold my cats tranquilizers too.

By patrick on Tuesday, June 27, 2000 - 02:04 pm:

smart boy, a little Bill Gates at work

By Bell_jar on Tuesday, June 27, 2000 - 03:58 pm:

special k... is that the tranquilizer? it's a date rape drug too. i knew a girl who worked for a vet. i guess she saw cats tripping all of the time.

By J on Tuesday, June 27, 2000 - 04:10 pm:

I just know my vet prescribed it for my cat when he almost gnawed his tail off,but come to think of it,my son used to help a vet too.

By patrick on Tuesday, June 27, 2000 - 04:55 pm:

special K is a heavy heavy tranquilizer. buddy who breed horses used to cop some for us in high school. Very heavy shit, lucid, surreal and could be considered a "date-rape" drug, but then again so can alcohol.

By K on Tuesday, June 27, 2000 - 05:15 pm:

so can cheap cologne and lack of sleep.

if you're one of those types of girls.

By Nate on Tuesday, June 27, 2000 - 05:28 pm:

which i am.

By Cat on Tuesday, June 27, 2000 - 06:22 pm:

Slut! No nice boy will ever want you.

(lucky you)

By Cat on Tuesday, June 27, 2000 - 07:31 pm:

Incidentally, on my side of the Rock, Special K is a really popular brekky cereal targetted at the female market. If you eat it you will have a sensational body and live happily ever after with the man of your dreams. Honest.

By Zephyr on Tuesday, June 27, 2000 - 08:44 pm:

My dad used to think I was on special k.
    And one of my friends got really messed up on it last night.

Actually, i just downed 2 paxils like 3 hours ago, so i've got 60mg of serotonin uptake inhibitors in me now...yum. (Appearantly, my perscription for paxil was filled and gotten by my mom before the psych took me off of it)

By Zephyr on Tuesday, June 27, 2000 - 08:45 pm:

I'm a nice boy...

By Isolde on Tuesday, June 27, 2000 - 08:51 pm:

My cats are tripping on life.

By Dougie on Tuesday, June 27, 2000 - 08:58 pm:

My cat just lays there.

By Isolde on Tuesday, June 27, 2000 - 09:12 pm:

They've mellowed out. One is on the bed squinting, and the other is hiding under the stairs.

By Jay on Wednesday, June 28, 2000 - 08:05 am:

I thought special K was a rapper, ala "whats your man got ta do wit me?".

By Nate on Wednesday, June 28, 2000 - 09:54 am:

all three of these are correct.

if you were a rapper, you'd be special ed.

By Czarina on Wednesday, June 28, 2000 - 10:23 am:

J,your son almost gnawed your cats tail off?Thank God I didn't see your cat while I was there.

By Jay on Wednesday, June 28, 2000 - 10:28 am:

you're a witty bitch nate. i think there's already a rapper by the name of special ed though.
    maybe we could form a new hip hop duo.
    Mc P-nes and DJ pubic hair

By Jay on Wednesday, June 28, 2000 - 10:29 am:

or maybe Mc weedwacker and DJ cut the lawn

By Nate on Wednesday, June 28, 2000 - 11:27 am:

howabout mc fuck you and dj you ass.

By Jay on Wednesday, June 28, 2000 - 10:00 pm:

mc bend over and dj ram it hard

By Fetidbeaver on Wednesday, June 28, 2000 - 10:23 pm:

Are you two setting up a date???

By Kalli on Wednesday, June 28, 2000 - 11:20 pm:

they're cute when they flirt aren't they?

By Cat on Thursday, June 29, 2000 - 12:40 am:

Gives me goosebumps.

By Gee on Thursday, June 29, 2000 - 02:17 am:

somebody needs to be slapped.

this is generally my reoccurring thought nowadays when I come here.

By Jay on Thursday, June 29, 2000 - 08:41 am:

mc pebble polish and Dj bust a nut

By Zephyr on Thursday, June 29, 2000 - 11:59 am:

How beautiful.

By J on Thursday, June 29, 2000 - 12:09 pm:

How about I.P. Freely? Czaarina,you didn't see my cat? Ryan is wierd but not that wierd,my cat almost gnawed his tail off,he is wierd.

By patrick on Thursday, June 29, 2000 - 12:11 pm:

just point em out gee, i will enjoy this

By Isolde on Thursday, June 29, 2000 - 06:22 pm:

My cat almost burned his tail off on a lit candle once. It smelled incredibly bad. And the hair on his tail fused together. He went around with a shaved tail for some time.

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact