amway-myway (eng-ger-cro)

sorabji.com: Dreamland: amway-myway (eng-ger-cro)
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By DiaMoNdBoY on Sunday, July 23, 2000 - 09:21 am:

ich bin begeistert von AMWAY
    was sagst du dazu?

By DiaMoNdBoY on Sunday, July 23, 2000 - 09:22 am:

odusevljen sam ae AMWAY-om!
    sto ti kazes na to?

By DiaMoNdBoY on Sunday, July 23, 2000 - 09:35 am:

I am inspired about AMWAY!
    What do you think about?

By semillama on Sunday, July 23, 2000 - 05:22 pm:

Amway is a tool of Satan. My friend got into it briefly and said it was like a fucking cult. It was so bad an experience, we had a big bonfire after he severed his ties and burned a whole shitpile of Amway crap. They encourage you to stop hanging out with your friends who aren't in Amway and other brainwashing crap like that.

pyramid schemes are nothing but bad news, just look at Albania (your neighbors, right D-boy?)

By on Sunday, July 23, 2000 - 10:13 pm:

hello, what?

is amway anything like amtrack?

did MMF destroy albania's economy?

By TBone on Monday, July 24, 2000 - 01:20 pm:

You know what else is bad? Vacuum sales. Same shit. I was (very briefly and unsuccessfully) a salesman for Electrolux.

By Mavis on Monday, July 24, 2000 - 01:46 pm:

fuck amway

By agatha on Monday, July 24, 2000 - 09:03 pm:

i almost bought an air filtration system and vacuum cleaner a few weeks ago. they sell the two units together for $1000. i had to call dave in the middle of the salesman's pitch and have him talk me down. the thing was amazing. the salesman was all mad at me after that.

By DiaMoNdBoY on Monday, July 24, 2000 - 09:40 pm:

come on everybody
    it's not so bad as you see it
    some people sale,
    some people have fun with it
    and some people have good living with
    I'm inspired about opportunity, to try something on your own
    somebody sales shoes, somebody sales loly pops
    but all this is 'cause one thing:
    MONNEY

By TBone on Tuesday, July 25, 2000 - 03:13 am:

Agatha, was it electrolux? Those guys are pure evil. Kirby too.

The memories are seriously painful. I also know way too much about vacuum cleaners and the stuff they pick up. I found some of the nastiest stuff I've ever seen in people's carpets and, even grosser, their matresses.

Thanks to Electrolux, I've vowed to have nothing but hardwood floors in my future home. I won't even own a fucking vacuum cleaner.

Argh. The people I worked with were awful. They seriously told vacuum jokes constantly...

By DiaMoNdBoY on Tuesday, July 25, 2000 - 09:43 am:

TBone,
    people are OK
    the way how does somebody do it is maybe, maybe not ok

By Mavis on Tuesday, July 25, 2000 - 02:30 pm:

yeah, i hate that vaccuum deal too.
    i love my hardwood floors and my sub-par cleaning products, and my dull butter knives.
    and my healthy disdain for pyramid schemes.

what was that telephone pyramid thing?
    excel?
    does anyone remember?

By Rene on Tuesday, July 25, 2000 - 06:38 pm:

I cannot understand your reaction
    Amway is a big chance for somebody who have dreams

By semillama on Tuesday, July 25, 2000 - 06:55 pm:

Amway turns you against your friends. It's a pipe dream. Stay away. Man, it is so wrong when your friend tries to con you into "watching the video" so you can buy products through them. Fuck them.

On another note, I own a Kirby. I talked the guy down to half price, and it's actually a pretty good buy, especially if you have allergies. T-Bone is fuckin-A right about the horrifying thins in your mattress. Not to mention your couch, chairs, rugs, etc. For someone who rents, I thought at first that I wouldn't really need a good vacuum, but I can see the advantage in leaving a clean floor when you move out so the landlord can't bitch about carpets.
    Plus, i envision that the vacuum may help me get an apt. if the owner first says no pets.

By J on Tuesday, July 25, 2000 - 10:18 pm:

You are so right Sem about your "friends" trying to push that video on you.When I use to workout,the trainer there knew I had that cleaning business and hounded me to death,I finally had to tell him to leave me alone,it was so rude of him.I hate that.

By Andy on Tuesday, July 25, 2000 - 10:33 pm:

I live allready 3 years from this great bizz , and nobody can tell me that something is wrong with it.
    it's simply great!!!
    try it , and than you'll find out more

By J on Wednesday, July 26, 2000 - 04:10 am:

Ha! You don't have to make people miserable to make a buck,even worse when you are at the gym and you are paying for your time there,and to be hounded,I tell you ,it made me so GD mad I couldn' t see straight.

By Mavis on Wednesday, July 26, 2000 - 11:47 am:

please, allow me to reiterate.

FUCK amway.

By Czarina on Wednesday, July 26, 2000 - 12:48 pm:

I'm with Mavis on this one.Don't fucking invite me over with the intention of torturing me with a lame plan of "get rich quick",by forcing me to watch a video,that I am not the least interested in.Guess what? Most of us have minds,and if we were interested,we wouldn't need subversive methods to entice us to view it.Thats just dandy, that they will deliver an already decorated Christmas tree right to your door,but guess what,I like to pick my own tree and decorations,and would find it disturbing to find a ready made/decorated tree on my doorstep[I would think my mother was behind it,and frankly would be forced to call Swine]Their tactics turn off alot of potential customers.I think this might be how that whole Nazi thing might have started.

By Dougie on Wednesday, July 26, 2000 - 01:05 pm:

I've never had any dealings with Amway. What do they sell besides pre-fabbed Xmas trees? Do they have a catalogue? Is it useful stuff sold by an annoying means, or is it crapola, sold by an annoying means?

By Mavis on Wednesday, July 26, 2000 - 01:12 pm:

they sell weird shit for cleaning your home.
    plus, seeds of evil.....
    ugh!

By Czarina on Wednesday, July 26, 2000 - 01:51 pm:

I think some of it could be used for sexual pleasure,with a little imagination.

By Mavis on Wednesday, July 26, 2000 - 02:07 pm:

oh, like not only fuck amway,
    but
    "fuck" amway?

hee hee hee

By patrick on Wednesday, July 26, 2000 - 02:15 pm:

never dealt with amway eitehr but i did get involved for a day or two with some cockamemey scheme about selling knock off perfume. If those guys approach you on the street, which is their perferred method, DO NOT let them spray you.

By Mavis on Wednesday, July 26, 2000 - 04:42 pm:

what happens if they spray you?
    is it acid?

By JusMiceElf on Wednesday, July 26, 2000 - 07:25 pm:

Nah....but Patrick was freakin normal before he got "the spray."

By patrick on Wednesday, July 26, 2000 - 07:41 pm:

i am NOT an animal.............!!!!!

By Mavis on Wednesday, July 26, 2000 - 07:52 pm:

the last time i let somebody spray me on the street, it was nothing but trouble from then on...

By semillama on Wednesday, July 26, 2000 - 08:28 pm:

I remember your cat giving a certain forestry major a "sample' of her "perfume".

By Mavis on Thursday, July 27, 2000 - 12:22 pm:

yay for naomi! good kitty!
    best smartest kitty! funniest best kitty trick ever!!

*fuck* that jerkass guy and the "his parent's money" he rode in on!!!!!!!

By Jay on Thursday, July 27, 2000 - 03:42 pm:

I had this dream last night about this old neighborhood i used to live in. except in the dream i was talking with courtney love and of course she was all famous and shit but used to live in the neighborhood and that was where she had met kurt cobain. kurt used to come over to my house and we'd hang out with some other people, just sitting around my living room, smoking cigs and playing guitars. one time he played a song for my answering machine and i still had the tape. Me and courtney were talking about the good old days and shit. she had this new tune she played for me. it was about rob zombie. "He's gods devil...rob zombie, rob zombie.... he's god's devil...rob zombie." it had this killer, very catchy guitar riff in it.
    anyway, in the dream i kept thinking, "did i know kurt cobain before he was famous?" and in real life i can't stand courtney love.

By Satan on Thursday, July 27, 2000 - 04:29 pm:

GIVE ME MY SEVERED HEAD BACK!!!!!!11

By Sasha on Thursday, July 27, 2000 - 07:51 pm:

why does some of you talk so much, when you don't know nothing about it
    ofcourse, loosers allways make bla-bla
    and the winner just do it

By Sabine on Thursday, July 27, 2000 - 07:56 pm:

you have right sasha

By Cat on Thursday, July 27, 2000 - 08:10 pm:

Love that line: "loosers allways make bla-bla"

Sasha and Sabine have the same IP and they agree with each other...isn't that so cosy and sweet?

Off to make more bla-bla...

By Mavis on Friday, July 28, 2000 - 11:57 am:

you go, cat!
    after all, "the winner just do it"!

By Satan on Friday, July 28, 2000 - 01:02 pm:

Amway was my idea

By Satan on Friday, July 28, 2000 - 01:03 pm:

Have you ever sat through someone presenting "THE PLAN" ?
    Hell is much nicer.

By DiaMoNdBoY on Monday, July 31, 2000 - 11:36 am:

satan,
    your idea is very good
    thanx
    if somebody wants to hear "THE PLAN", just tell me

By Satan on Monday, July 31, 2000 - 11:37 am:

Run, my friend run.

By Zagy on Friday, October 20, 2000 - 04:18 pm:

is there anybody who likes amway?

By J on Friday, October 20, 2000 - 06:41 pm:

nope

By agatha on Saturday, October 21, 2000 - 01:46 am:

amway people LOVE amway.

By Fuckamway on Thursday, December 21, 2000 - 08:37 pm:

amway suck my dick ....

By Trace on Friday, December 22, 2000 - 07:23 am:

Amyway is the anti-christ

By Zagy on Sunday, December 24, 2000 - 02:09 pm:

agatha, are you amway-women?

By Jop on Tuesday, January 20, 2004 - 08:33 pm:

i dont know much about amway but their vacuum cleaners work well

By DiaMoNdBoY on Saturday, July 31, 2004 - 06:46 pm:

does it still exist?
    Of Course WE EXSIST
    I'm BA-ACK :-)

By Mario on Thursday, January 27, 2005 - 07:22 pm:

well i attended to a stupid seminar on amway and i saw the subconscious hypnosis that was tryin to be made, it smells evil spirit hehe but they are not worse than things done to us subconsciously by nike , adidas, diesel etc or so, they are all same, human made:) earth is still, hell of apes. we are the ones who insist on not developing into real humans:))))) one day there wont be money but will we able to see, i am not sure

By semillama on Thursday, January 27, 2005 - 07:23 pm:

Truly, this is wisdom.

The earth indeed is a "hell of apes". I LIKE that.

By Dodi on Thursday, January 27, 2005 - 11:54 pm:

Well, I happen to use the Amway soap and love it!! Say what you will...don't really care.

By TBone on Friday, January 28, 2005 - 07:07 pm:

Speaking of evil schemes, my girl went to a bridal fair a few weeks ago and signed up for chances to win all kinds of exciting things. One company called her to tell her she was one of the selected people to win a "mini vacation" and a bunch of gift certificates. The company was Royal Prestige, and they make cookware. The only catch was that we had to go sit through a presentation for their cookware.

I knew that was a bad sign, so I googled Royal Prestige. Except for their own website, I couldn't find a single good word about these people. Apparently the mini vacation is just a hotel room, and we can only get it if we tell them 90 days in advance and also buy our plane tickets though them. I found information about suits they had lost due to not disclosing these things as well as not disclosing that people wouldn't actually get their cookware until they had been making payments for 6 months, that they only have 3 days after signing the contract to back out, and lots of other things. Their $50 gift certificates are meaningless because you can only buy their cookware in large packages that cost over $1000.

Their sales techniques include scaring you into thinking teflon will kill your pets, mutate your babies, and kill you before you're 50.

By wisper on Sunday, January 30, 2005 - 01:00 pm:

teflon actually is dangerous if it gets to high temperatures, but too high for a regular oven to get them to.
    But it will indeed give off fumes during normal use that will kill birds, what with their fragile lungs and all.
    So if you have birds- no teflon.

the Royal Prestige thing reminds me of a much more evil version of the whole timeshare bullshit you can go through in Florida. My parents took us to Florida twice in my life, and each time spent at least 2 days at the timeshare bullshit. I hated it at the time, but now I wish i could remember more of what they said.
    You go and sit in a room where they feed you shitty stale breakfast and try to sell you a timeshare condo. We saw some really nice condos. Then you talk your way out of it, and they give you free passes to Disney land or Universal or whatever.
    Good times.

By Dodi on Sunday, January 30, 2005 - 03:01 pm:

We have timeshares and I have to say, it's awesome!! I think you all need to get a grip and thank your parents for trying, trying to make all you unhappy, ungrateful kids happy.

I think you all just like to complain about everything, cause that's all you have, nothing more....so sad...

By eri on Sunday, January 30, 2005 - 03:19 pm:

She did say she had good times......wasn't really complaining. Definately not ungrateful kid though. That was way too harsh.

My uncle had a timeshare in Mexico. I went out there one summer. We all ended up catching foreign (meaning not found in this country) diseases. We had a great time until we got home. Well, except I got excluded from the night out at the nightclub because I couldn't pass for 18, when all the people who went were younger than me. (I was 14 at the time) My poor aunt was living on oxygen then, and she got a severe case of johndice (I know I spelled that one wrong) so we (in our demented minds) cracked jokes about removing her oxygen to see if yellow and blue really did make green........

By Gee on Monday, January 31, 2005 - 12:02 pm:

I went to a time share presentation with Ron, recently, because they promised us a free vacation and we thought it would be amusing.

I had a great time, almost throughout, lauging (quietly) at the presentations and partaking of the "light refreshments". Ron, who started out having fun, quickly became annoyed with the doubletalk and the bullshitting and ended up having a tantrum.

thus ended my good time.

afterwards I found out what huge scam artists they all were and I felt really bad that people had actually signed up for these things. then I thought, it wasn't so bad that Ron yelled and screamed and caused a rukus.

By Amyhassel on Thursday, June 29, 2006 - 05:36 pm:

Amway is the biggest bunch of bullshit. Thanks for the laughs, co-posters!

By Deja Skin on Saturday, July 1, 2006 - 12:20 pm:

Amway (A.K.A. Quickstar) is the biggest jip going. Why the fuck would I order an appliance from their catalouge that can easily be purchased for a hundred or more dollars less in my local department store? Also their cleaning products are inferior (except for their dish washing soap, BUT WHO THE FUCK WANT'S TO BLOW 20 BUCKS ON DISHWASHING SOAP!!??!!)

My ex's shister sister was one of these Amway guru types. She would try to recrut people to sell the products FOR her. They would get like a 5% cut while she sat on her lazy fat ass and watched the money roll in AND she would take all the credit for it. She was one of thoes "Diamond" club sales people.

The wretch even had an Amway related vanity plate for her car. Her and her associates gave me the creeps. I implore anyone not to get mixed up with these clowns.

By agatha on Saturday, July 1, 2006 - 05:49 pm:

Wow, I forgot about this thread. Look at all of the scary pyramid scheme people that joined in on the conversation, and look at how bad their grammar and spelling is!

Tbone, I never answered you. I think that the vacuum cleaner was an Electrolux, but I'm not for sure on that. The guy really seemed pretty nice. I was very close to purchasing that vacuum. Which reminds me, I still have yet to achieve vacuum satisfaction. We just bought a new one, and I already hate it.

Deja Skin, your writing style seems familiar. Who are you?

By Dougie on Saturday, July 1, 2006 - 08:40 pm:

By agatha on Saturday, July 1, 2006 - 08:48 pm:

Heh! No, that's not me. She's cute though. Although Cleo describes me to her friends as "kind of a hippie," I don't raise my hands and meditate in fields wearing flowing garb.

By Deja Skin on Sunday, July 2, 2006 - 03:15 am:

To Agatha... I dunno if we crossed paths before..... but I used to be pretty addicted to message forums years back. I had lots of angst then. These are my first posts in ages.

By agatha on Sunday, July 2, 2006 - 03:17 am:

Were you addicted to these message forums, specifically?

By Deja Skin on Sunday, July 2, 2006 - 03:25 am:

I actually got turned on to these particular forums by accident. As geeky as this sounds, I was searching on Google for anything related to Breezy Point & Gateway National Recreation Area Parks in Queens, N.Y. I came across this site. I took it from there.

By sarah on Sunday, July 2, 2006 - 12:46 pm:

god that just drives me crazy! i can't stand that these boards come up in search. AAAARRRRRGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

btw, does anyone care what the first post says?

it says, "i am enthusiastic about amway, what do you say?"

i didn't use an online translator. but maybe i'll check to see if i'm right.

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact