got a letter in the mail.

sorabji.com: Dreamland: got a letter in the mail.
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By pez on Thursday, May 10, 2001 - 04:42 pm:

it's strange. i was never a "good" student in highschool.

now i'm going to be inducted as a member of phi theta kappa in a week.

pinch me.

By Nate on Thursday, May 10, 2001 - 06:31 pm:

maybe you can get into the "who's who of college students" book, too.

By Kalli on Friday, May 11, 2001 - 01:20 am:

nate-

silence monkey.

congrats pez. :)

By Nate on Friday, May 11, 2001 - 01:34 am:

wtf is a silence monkey?

By Kalli on Friday, May 11, 2001 - 10:20 am:

you're so unhip.

By patrick on Friday, May 11, 2001 - 11:14 am:

is this phi theta kappa a sorority?

By Nate on Friday, May 11, 2001 - 11:48 am:

it's an honor society

By Hal on Friday, May 11, 2001 - 01:29 pm:

Yeah a really cool fucking one too...

As I remember they send you a t-shirt don't they?
    I think App is a member.

By Czarina on Friday, May 11, 2001 - 01:50 pm:

Pez,thats great.I'm proud of you.[just don't let em stick any marshmellows up your arse,its just not lady like]I'm alumni Beta Sigma Phi.[And prefer not to hear any comments from the peanut gallery]I enjoy my charity work.Lets all remember,charity begins at home.

By sarah on Friday, May 11, 2001 - 03:36 pm:

now there's an idea for a sorabji.com t-shirt.

on the front: sorabji.com

on the back: fuck you, you ass

white letters with a yellow border, on a black t-shirt.

or wait. didn't someone already think of that? oh well.

By Dougie on Friday, May 11, 2001 - 03:42 pm:

Sarah, I think you asked me a question the other day about whether I had gotten the mango butter and I was going to asnwer but got called away. Unfortunately, I didn't. Some mailman's probably gorging himself on it right now as I write.

By J on Friday, May 11, 2001 - 04:07 pm:

I hope Rhiannon gets my card.

By Hal on Friday, May 11, 2001 - 04:24 pm:

Sarah, I want one of those shirts...

By mistaswine on Friday, May 11, 2001 - 05:39 pm:

By cyst on Friday, May 11, 2001 - 06:09 pm:

you going to be here next week, swine? what's your e-mail address?

By Cat on Friday, May 11, 2001 - 06:27 pm:

Take note boys - post an article about seriously hard ass-fucking, and the gorgeous girls will come running.

You all could learn a lot from Swine.

By Hal on Friday, May 11, 2001 - 06:54 pm:

Yes take note people... Men are a tool to be used.

By Cat on Friday, May 11, 2001 - 08:10 pm:

Hand me that drill, will ya.

By pez on Saturday, May 12, 2001 - 01:33 am:

i probably won't be able to go to the induction ceremony though--two people have already requested the night off and it's less than a week 'til.

dangit.

the good thing is that i've already paid my application fee, so as soon as i get the forms i'll be a life member.

i won't be taking any classes this summer...i think i'm burnt out. i might stop altogether.

unless i find a major.

By blindswine on Saturday, May 12, 2001 - 08:01 am:

i dunno.

i was originally planning on the week of 6/24, but i might fly out on monday depending on how things go with my mom. my parents are out there right now for a funeral.

weird that you'd ask.

i'm not really gonna be sure what the fuck i'm gonna do until i get some sleep.

By sarah on Saturday, May 12, 2001 - 02:46 pm:

how's your mom's health? she okay?

By blindswine on Sunday, May 13, 2001 - 04:57 am:

she's as okay as she can be under her circumstances.

i worry about her a lot; she's the linchpin-- she carries most of the family weight.

we're very close and in many ways very much alike. so i know that sometimes she's hiding a weakness when she comes off as being too strong.

my parents paid a high price to make sure their children would be in a position to be successful in this country.
    seeing either of them in pain just tears me up inside.

By cyst on Monday, May 14, 2001 - 01:28 pm:

thank you for not misspelling "linchpin."

By Hal on Monday, May 14, 2001 - 03:39 pm:

And how do most people misspell a word like Linchpin?

By droopy on Monday, May 14, 2001 - 05:29 pm:

"lynchpin," most likely.

my mama was the lynchpin o' my family. if i misbehaved she threatened to hang me from a tree till i was dead. builds character.

By Hal on Tuesday, May 15, 2001 - 12:11 pm:

Nothing like a good lynching to brighten your day...

By semillama on Saturday, May 19, 2001 - 02:28 pm:

One of part time crew members is named David Lynch. No shit.
    I wonder how many people here are members of national honor societies.

I'm in Phi Kappa Phi, by the way. So's my dad.

By heather on Saturday, May 19, 2001 - 02:58 pm:

i was black-balled from the highschool national honor society

By sarah on Sunday, May 20, 2001 - 04:36 am:

that's really odd... so was i. i swear to god. and then my class president dropped out because of it.

why were you blackballed?

By agatha on Sunday, May 20, 2001 - 03:29 pm:

i was on a national honor society for two year colleges. whoop de doo.

By patrick on Monday, May 21, 2001 - 11:49 am:

geeze...i was never in any honor society, much less any Greek-named organization. I was a very good B student...I could have been a hard working A student if I applied myself, so they told me, so they ALLLLLL told me.

By Hal on Monday, May 21, 2001 - 01:15 pm:

Fuck "they".

By Hal on Monday, May 21, 2001 - 01:17 pm:

Fuck "they, and them".

By cyst on Monday, May 21, 2001 - 02:53 pm:

national honor society is fucked. they kick out pregnant students, regardless of their gpa or contributions to the community.

By Nate on Monday, May 21, 2001 - 03:50 pm:

there is no honor in pregnancy.

apparently.

By Hal on Monday, May 21, 2001 - 06:19 pm:

And you'd figure that someone who's pregnant AND keeping up the grades should get some extra special award or something... Thats some hard shit. I'm so glad I'm male sometimes.

By cyst on Monday, May 21, 2001 - 07:03 pm:

yes, honorable males who impregnate high school girls are allowed to remain in the society, of course.

By Nate on Monday, May 21, 2001 - 07:16 pm:

men can't get pregnant.

of course, we don't want to go there.

By agatha on Tuesday, May 22, 2001 - 01:08 am:

i was on that honor society with a one year old. is my little card invalid now?

By Hal on Tuesday, May 22, 2001 - 10:18 am:

Probably... They frown on our brightest and best impregnating each other and breeding.

They would rather promote that to the less intelligent. So if one of their "best and brightest" happens to get plugged then they just have to label them as "not good enough."

By cyst on Tuesday, May 22, 2001 - 12:49 pm:

it's the high school nhs that kicks out pregnant girls.

By Hal on Tuesday, May 22, 2001 - 01:43 pm:

Yeah well I haven't been away from Highschool for that long so thats all I know...

"wanna make somethin' of it?"

*diving for cover*

By Rhiannon on Tuesday, May 22, 2001 - 02:19 pm:

My high school kicked pregnant girls out. Nice way to ensure their lives will be ruined.

By cyst on Tuesday, May 22, 2001 - 03:05 pm:

well, most pregnant teens are probably better off getting abortions. that's probably not the best way for catholic schools to go about promoting abortion, but it could be effective.

By pez on Friday, May 25, 2001 - 06:02 pm:

my highschool had a program for student parents. amoung the participants was one student father.

nobody in the programs that were noted for excellence were ever involved.

By semillama on Saturday, May 26, 2001 - 03:05 pm:

My high school made pregnant teens get abortions and passed the savings onto the cafeteria.

"Tasteless Moment of the Day" (TM) is brought to you by McDonald's - We love to see you smile.

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact