Anecdotal evidence!

sorabji.com: Dreamland: Anecdotal evidence!
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By Spider on Tuesday, August 28, 2001 - 02:43 pm:

You know you've got it.

I've just heard that SSRIs (likey Prozac) can cause extremely vivid nightmares.

Have those of you who have taken SSRIs experienced this?

By droopy on Tuesday, August 28, 2001 - 03:10 pm:

mi vida verdadera es una pesadilla. no necesito sueños.

By Spider on Tuesday, August 28, 2001 - 03:21 pm:

Mi dispiace, languoroso. (Ma mi piace il tuo nome italiano -- è carino.) Coraggio!

By semillama on Tuesday, August 28, 2001 - 03:26 pm:

Avete confuso il babelfish, ragno.

By Spider on Tuesday, August 28, 2001 - 03:37 pm:

It's ragnA, piccinino. E babelfish è stupido.

Povero droopy. Voglio renderti felice.

By pez on Tuesday, August 28, 2001 - 03:40 pm:

pesci e ragni... immagino che il ragno desidererebbe confondere i pesci in modo da non ottiene mangiata.

By pez on Tuesday, August 28, 2001 - 03:43 pm:

che cosa è "renderti?"

By Spider on Tuesday, August 28, 2001 - 03:49 pm:

Renderti = render yourself

Hai ragione, Pez. Sei furba.

Ma sono una ragna! Sono femminile, veramente!

By Nate on Tuesday, August 28, 2001 - 03:55 pm:

i rendered myself this morning before i got out of bed. i cleaned up with a pair of yellow-cream colored boxers. they're about the same color as cumstains, anyway, so i thought it appropriate. i can't find my "towel", else i would have used that.

By pez on Tuesday, August 28, 2001 - 03:56 pm:

i pesci? devo ora andare.

sono stato troppo lungo in linea.

By Oswald Jr. on Tuesday, August 28, 2001 - 04:23 pm:

Quantum materiae materietur marmota monax si marmota monax materiam possit materiari?

By Spider on Tuesday, August 28, 2001 - 04:26 pm:

Excuse me. Renderti can also mean "make you," as in "I want to make you cheerful," as in "cheer you up."

By Nate on Tuesday, August 28, 2001 - 04:41 pm:

i made myself this morning. it cheered me up.

By droopy on Tuesday, August 28, 2001 - 05:13 pm:

no se preocupe de droopy. soy resistente como la cucaracha.

Soy poderoso como la cucaracha.

By Nate on Tuesday, August 28, 2001 - 05:26 pm:

la cucaracha es en fuego!

By droopy on Tuesday, August 28, 2001 - 05:34 pm:

¡oye!

¡la cucaracha es en la casa, ese!

By droopy on Tuesday, August 28, 2001 - 05:50 pm:

that should probably be esté, but what the hell. i'm not using babelfish.

By Nate on Tuesday, August 28, 2001 - 05:56 pm:

la cucaracha es en fuega! para mis cabeza! chinga te, la cucaracha! va mis lungas!

By Hal on Wednesday, August 29, 2001 - 12:49 pm:

Alright Fuck the damn spanish.... I'm to godamned lazy to translate all this shit...

In answer to your question about SSRI's no, I haven't had any horrible nightmares, I started taking celexa about a week and a half ago, haven't had any real problems. Well except they tell you that you can take it any time of day, and it doesn't matter just as long as you take it. ( consistantly anyway.)

I've found that if I take it at night, it cracks my ass out and I have the insane urge to do things, like work, and clean, and all this other shit that I'm always to lazy to do... Not that this is a bad thing, but damnit it cuts in on my slacking time.

By Nate on Wednesday, August 29, 2001 - 01:06 pm:

i get the same urges when i freebase meth!

By Nate on Wednesday, August 29, 2001 - 01:20 pm:

in fairly unrelated news:

Murder charges filed in collision of planes
    By Lori Aratani, Mercury News

In a rare move, Mendocino County prosecutors filed murder charges against a man suspected of starting a wildfire that resulted in the deaths of two firefighting tanker pilots whose planes collided as they battled the blaze.

Frank Brady, 50, of Redwood Valley, will be arraigned today on two counts of homicide, Mendocino County District Attorney Norman Vroman said. He also was charged with one count of attempted manufacture of methamphetamine. A second suspect, 43-year-old Richard Mortensen, was arrested on a variety of outstanding warrants for drug, theft and weapons charges, Vroman said.

---

"attempted manufacture of methamphetamine"

what a loser, frank brady. what a loser.

By Antigone on Wednesday, August 29, 2001 - 01:54 pm:

This is so fucked up. How they can charge murder in this case is beyond me. Involuntary manslaughter, certainly, but murder requires intent. How can someone intend to cause two planes to collide in mid air after setting a fire in the middle of nowhere? This is another example of the drug war mentality stretching the law to serve it's purposes.

By Antigone on Wednesday, August 29, 2001 - 01:56 pm:

Oh, and if you want vivid dreams, try taking 1000 mcg of B12 and 50 mg of zinc about an hour before going to bed. You'll like it...

By Nate on Wednesday, August 29, 2001 - 02:06 pm:

B12 ain't for vegetarians.

they murder charge won't stick. it's all show. maybe the DA is up for reelection.

By Platypus on Wednesday, August 29, 2001 - 02:09 pm:

Wait, why is Mendo filing charges? That fire wasn't *in* mendo. Norm Vroman sucks. I hate him.

And yes, I'm sort of curious why they're charging him with murder too. Manslaughter, MAYBE.

By Platypus on Wednesday, August 29, 2001 - 02:14 pm:

Whoops. I forgot that my county is larger than I think it is.

But Windsor and Redding definently aren't in Mendo. So I can sort of be forgiven for my stupid error.

And this is what the localish paper has to say about it.

By semillama on Wednesday, August 29, 2001 - 02:17 pm:

What is grimly funny is that the paper describes one of the planes exploding in a ball of fire, then in the next paragraph stating that it had just filled up with fire retardant.

By Platypus on Wednesday, August 29, 2001 - 02:26 pm:

We're talking about the Press Democrat here.

The fire retardent is usually carried in buckets below the body of the plane, so it is actually possible for the plane to go up in a ball of fire--since the retardent isn't *in* the body of the plane.

By Antigone on Wednesday, August 29, 2001 - 02:31 pm:

Most of the B12 in suppliments is produced from yeast culture. Unless you're opposed to exploiting bacteria, it's OK for vegetarians to eat. (Of course, if you were opposed to exploiting bacteria, you'd have to get rid of your intestinal flora, and then you'd die...)

By Nate on Wednesday, August 29, 2001 - 03:03 pm:

FUCK YOU ANTIGONE.

i really don't know. i just remember my cousin telling me that they can't find vegetarian B12.

maybe she said vegan B12.

fucking hippies

By Antigone on Wednesday, August 29, 2001 - 03:35 pm:

By Nate on Wednesday, August 29, 2001 - 03:44 pm:

nevermind. i'm not even thinking of B12.

i should stop smoking so much crack.

and it doesn't look like anyone should try that marmot shit.

By semillama on Wednesday, August 29, 2001 - 03:58 pm:

Isn't Cat a fan of Marmite? or was that Foster's, I mix the two up.

By Antigone on Wednesday, August 29, 2001 - 04:15 pm:

Cat's probably more a Vegemite fan, but I wouldn't be suprised if she didn't fancy Marmite as well.

I like mixing Marmite in with just about anything.

By moonit on Thursday, August 30, 2001 - 03:02 am:

Marmite is fucking awful. Vegemite is way better

By moonit on Thursday, August 30, 2001 - 03:03 am:

i think a picture of you eating marmite may be in order, because I don't believe any true US of A person would be liking our tricky yeast spread.

By Antigone on Friday, August 31, 2001 - 02:00 pm:

I'll do my best. How about a Marmite and turkey
    burger

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact