What is the significance when I stopped having these dreams and made my plans accordingly

sorabji.com: Dreamland: What is the significance when I stopped having these dreams and made my plans accordingly
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By Nelly on Wednesday, December 19, 2001 - 07:46 am:

I dreamed a theater dream last night
    like an old lover, coming back to threaten the safety marriage
    awakening an old inner life I thought was gone,
    (and now I am awake I summon the reasons
    the counter visions)
    who could leave me flat, reject me, drag me through the mud,
    I went to the auditions in the dream, somehow my job started it,
    Selden was in it, and some young students, tall boys, and he was encouraging them
    encouraging me, to try something, as he can do, backhand teacher that he is,
    and at the auditions, I was called to read, and I did so, by accident, listening for the good and bad,
    barely hearing my own voice,
    and was asked to wait by the stage manager, though I hadn't seen the director,
    and turning over the possibilities in my mind
    did he want me for Gertrude
    could I cancel one of my classes (or both?) to make rehearsals,
    would I be good enough, probably this was a false start, surely...
    I am waiting, he is talking to boys, should I wait and wait,
    or shrug my shoulders and walk on out
    the older dream of graduate school (all the missed classes) appends itself
    Is he asking, looking directly at me with his dark eyebrows, his jet black hair,
    am I single, do I want to go out,
    and I composing my answer, sure, too casual, i'll bite, too suggestive, o.k.
    or is he asking about my headshot and resume, and I, fumbling for explanations, will it slip, dissolve into
    wakeness, the window closing with a snap, Where is my resume? With the picture of my years ago self stapled to the front.
    or (now half awake) did he see me years ago, in something he's remembered all this time,
    (seeing) myself in Greg's arms, being carried like a sacrificial victim
    deposited into the chair, on the stage, before the paying eyes,
    to speak my dreams?

What is the significance, when I stopped having those dreams, and made my plans accordingly, that I turn off the radio alarm, I sit here and write this, (but thinking ahead to the meeting in 1 1/2 hours, but writing)?
    The A+, am I not happy enough?
    Am I in trouble? do I want to be? ah...
    Will I tell you? And if I do, am I folding and putting away in a drawer, or does that bestow
    a significance....

By Hal on Wednesday, December 19, 2001 - 11:28 am:

Wow...

What are you eating before bed, or do you just do a line, smoke a bowl and shoot up a little bit???

I never have dreams like that, most of mine seem to involve midgets.

By Nelly on Wednesday, December 19, 2001 - 05:08 pm:

i thought of that.

it was the noodles and shrimp with the tomato-ginger sauce at Doc Chey's...

By Hal on Wednesday, December 19, 2001 - 05:16 pm:

Seafood will always do it...

Yeah my guess is the seafood.

By droopy on Wednesday, December 19, 2001 - 06:48 pm:

i'm just glad to see nelly writing something oh here.

By agatha on Thursday, December 20, 2001 - 02:33 am:

me, too. i love it when nelly busts out.

By Czarina on Thursday, December 20, 2001 - 03:03 am:

Eat more oriental,Nelly.

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact