Fake Ghost

sorabji.com: Dreamland: Fake Ghost
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By Spider on Monday, February 18, 2002 - 09:10 am:

This morning, I had a short dream.

I dreamt I was wandering around a small town that looked like Park City, UT crossed with Philadelphia's South Street area. It was grey out.

I walked into the lobby of a movie theater, and the lighting was very dark and grey, like a classroom with the lights out and shades pulled.

Two young men came up to me and asked me to buy myself and them tickets to a movie called "Fake Ghost." One of the men was very quiet, short, and surly -- the other was tall and cheerful, but possibly retarded.

So I bought the tickets and we started walking towards the screening room. But then, there was a voiceover. The voiceover described shooting that broke out. The quiet, surly man was evidently the first to get hit, then the other man, then me. I felt cheated, because I had wanted to see the movie.

The voiceover continued describing the situation, and I found myself lying on the floor. I knew that I would begin to see ghosts, which is what I was becoming, and I did. Out of the corner of my eyes, I became aware of other people lying on the floor and moving around.

Then, all of us ghosts were in a bare room with tile on the floor. A door opened, and a little girl came in. She was very animated and was evidently a tour guide of some kind. The lot of us were horded into what looked like rollercoaster cars. Each of us were in our own cars. The ride began and we were taken onto a track that went over a big pool with killer whales in it. When each car passed a certain point, a killer whale would jump over their car, and it would be frightening, but there was no danger. When it came to my turn, I shut my eyes so I wouldn't see the whale, and I started feeling my stomach lurch as though I were about to go down a big hill.

That's when I woke up. I hate rollercoasters.

By Neutroxide on Monday, February 18, 2002 - 04:09 pm:

i'v never heard of anything like that. nice dream. think their might be some symbolism behind all this? or meaning?..

i haven't had a dream in a while. miss 'em. ;d

By Spider on Monday, February 18, 2002 - 04:32 pm:

Thank you for responding about my dream, sir. I think my dream postings scare many away because of their general freakiness.

When I read it over, it sounds like I was on my way to hell, doesn't it? Why else would I be on a rollercoaster going down?

By neutroxide on Monday, February 18, 2002 - 04:56 pm:

i am a she :P why would your dream scare people away? i didn't find it at all freaky.. then again, nothing freaks me out, so ;p

i don't think you were on your way to hell. perhaps the rollercoaster going down was just part of the ride? .. and maybe twasn't. you usually wake up from a dream like that when you're about to die in it, so maybe it was just an illusion and the killer whale really did kill the people. i'm really not one to tell. since i haven't had a dream in a while, i can't get a full grasp on the dreamworld laws and whatnot. then again, i am a lucid dreamer, so.. guess that kind of bypasses it all.

By droopy on Monday, February 18, 2002 - 05:24 pm:

the dream didn't scare me, i just didn't have anything fitting to say.

By eri on Monday, February 18, 2002 - 07:38 pm:

The dream didn't scare me. I often have horrifying dreams. Especially if I sleep on my back.

Anyways, my two cents. Could it be that you aren't happy with the course your life is currently taking (whether it be career, love life, etc.) and that the car was going down, because you feel that a certain portion of your life is on a downward trend? Perhaps the questionable death, because you wonder what it will take to open yourself up to this change that you may need to make in your life, like death equalling some major transition you may be about to make or you need to make?

Just my two cents. Take it for what it is worth.
    Hope it helps.

By pez on Monday, February 18, 2002 - 08:28 pm:

hmm.

By Spider on Tuesday, February 19, 2002 - 08:39 am:

Neutroxide: Y'know, I thought to myself that you may be a she after I wrote that, if only because I went through a period when my screennames were chemicals (uranium, fluorocarbon, carbon monoxide, etc.) and, well, I'm a girl, but eh.... My apologies.

The rest of you are liars. YOU FEAR ME. YYOOOUUUUUUUU FEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAARR MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE.

By eri on Tuesday, February 19, 2002 - 09:17 am:

Spider, you got me. I so fear you. :)

By Spider on Tuesday, February 19, 2002 - 09:53 am:

That's better.

:)

(I know people to be feared probably do not use smiley faces...but I'm crazy like that.)

By spunky on Tuesday, February 19, 2002 - 10:22 am:

Amperora, la signora Spider, li temo.

By Spider on Tuesday, February 19, 2002 - 10:33 am:

Mi dispiace, signore -- non capisco la prima parte, ma capisco che you fear me. (Damn reflexive pronouns.)

By Spider on Tuesday, February 19, 2002 - 10:38 am:

Babelfish says I meant to say "ma capisco che lo temete."

I don't know if I trust that or not, because they're using you plural and what's the antecedent of "lo"?

Maybe it should be "ma capisco che mi temi."

(Heh, everyone on my floor but me is down the street at a company meeting. I get to play around with Italian grammar while they discuss global strategy.)

By spunky on Tuesday, February 19, 2002 - 10:47 am:

Well, which would you rather be doing?
    Itallian pronouns or global strategy?
    I should be reading a 72 page report on
    how to synchronize DoD servers, but hey here I
    am....

By spunky on Tuesday, February 19, 2002 - 10:53 am:

L'amperora, ragno di Madame, ma io li teme

Sorry, got prounouns screwed up

By spunky on Tuesday, February 19, 2002 - 10:58 am:

Ah, Spider di Signora, Ma ho paura di thee

By eri on Tuesday, February 19, 2002 - 11:00 am:

Italian, cool, but honey, what the hell are you saying? Or is it that you don't want me to know :)

By Lo sciocco on Tuesday, February 19, 2002 - 11:01 am:

Perdonarme, sono ma uno sciocco semplice.

By spunky on Tuesday, February 19, 2002 - 11:01 am:

email

By eri on Tuesday, February 19, 2002 - 11:20 am:

email?

By spunky on Tuesday, February 19, 2002 - 11:23 am:

yes.
    email

By Spider on Tuesday, February 19, 2002 - 12:00 pm:

By eri on Tuesday, February 19, 2002 - 12:30 pm:

No marital spat. I just like to give him grief.

By patrick on Tuesday, February 19, 2002 - 12:47 pm:

im never sure how to interpret dreams.

this morning, about 5am, i was awakened, and proceeded to have sex. when i fell back asleep i had wild vivid, glorious dreams of flying. I was able to just leap, tighten my stomach up and just leap. i was flying over seaside cliffs, and all kinds of places in general. i had a flying partner too.

would i have had this dream had i not had sex? who knows.

when i awoke to go to work, i checkd my dream book for some interpretations.

I was basically given 5-10 different interpretations. After reiterating to myself that no one has any true idea of how to interpret dreams, i just enjoyed the sensations my dream gave me.

your dream isnt freaky at all spider. sounds like fun to me.

By Spider on Tuesday, February 19, 2002 - 12:50 pm:

Hmmm. Perhaps I have not adequately expressed the atmosphere of the dream.

Everything was dark. The people weren't nice. I and my companions got killed. I was a ghost. There were killer whales.

SCARY.

By patrick on Tuesday, February 19, 2002 - 12:59 pm:

but the rollercoaster and whale bit made up for all of those other bad things.

i hope i get to go on a roller coaster ride, maybe with pet chimpanzees.

By droopy on Tuesday, February 19, 2002 - 01:10 pm:

i had a dream once where i was being chased by a whale with a gun. whales can be scary, especially when they're armed.

By eri on Tuesday, February 19, 2002 - 01:17 pm:

Never had a dream with whales that I can remember. Couldn't say they were exactly scary. I have had some so scary I woke up in shock. Many of them, I already think I am awake when the dream takes place. Watched my daughter get killed once. Couldn't stop it no matter how hard I tried. Freaks me out to this day. Took place around the time that my ex was running around the house looking for my gun and trying to beat me up (which would be when I kicked him out). Gun was not the weapon in the dream.

By semillama on Tuesday, February 19, 2002 - 01:22 pm:

How does a whale carry a gun?

By spunky on Tuesday, February 19, 2002 - 01:29 pm:

very carefully

ha ha ha, sorry. could not resist

By J on Tuesday, February 19, 2002 - 01:40 pm:

Not to change the subject,but Eri,Trace,don't you live in Topeka Kansas?

By spunky on Tuesday, February 19, 2002 - 01:45 pm:

No, we used to live in KC, HELL (Misery, Missouri, whatever you prefer).
    Now we live in San Antonio, Texass

By J on Tuesday, February 19, 2002 - 02:49 pm:

Is that why you didn't post for a while,you were moving?

By spunky on Tuesday, February 19, 2002 - 02:54 pm:

Yes, plus I was REALLY busy at work after 9-11-01

By J on Tuesday, February 19, 2002 - 03:03 pm:

I see,and Spider,your dream sounded like a nightmare to me.

By neutroxide on Tuesday, February 19, 2002 - 03:27 pm:

what about those dreams that you can actually feel things? anyone have one of those?..i once had a dream i was getting anal sex on the coast of hawaii. it felt so real i had to stop the dream just to make sure i wasn't really getting it :P and i'm not shitting you ;)

to spider--i thought you were a boy myself ;D har.

By heather on Tuesday, February 19, 2002 - 03:47 pm:

nate is john edwards in his dreams

or kevin bacon

or that little kid

the dreams i remember are usually about being chased or looking for something. i hate the dreams about looking for something.

By Nate on Tuesday, February 19, 2002 - 04:56 pm:

senator john edwards of north carolina.

By Dr_King on Wednesday, February 20, 2002 - 01:44 am:

I HAVE A DREAM......blam,blam,blam..............

By eri on Wednesday, February 20, 2002 - 09:47 am:

I have had those dreams where you feel things, like they are real. I always wake up disappointed. Usually, though, I am completely different in those dreams anyways. Not the kind of person I would ever be when I am awake.

By J on Wednesday, February 20, 2002 - 12:37 pm:

I've had dreams of falling and flying,and ones where your trying to scream but no sound comes out.

By Bedwetter on Wednesday, February 20, 2002 - 12:44 pm:

Ever have the dream where you are running all over the place and trying to find a urinal or toilet and, for some reason, none of them work.
    and you search and you search and your search and your search and finally find one, go and then wake up all wet?
    anyone? anyone?
    oh..........
    nevermind

By J on Wednesday, February 20, 2002 - 01:04 pm:

No,but I've woke up with somebody that must have had that same dream,and one time I thought I was peeing in my toilet,turned out to be the safe in my closet.

By spunky on Wednesday, February 20, 2002 - 01:07 pm:

Hopefully the safe was closed.....

By J on Wednesday, February 20, 2002 - 01:25 pm:

Yea,I pissed all over it.I also had a plastic bag,a big one the kind comforters come in laying on the floor next to the safe,a couple of weeks later I pick t up and it had pee in it.Thank God for Spot Shot,and when I get older Depends.

By eri on Wednesday, February 20, 2002 - 02:09 pm:

Can't say that I have peed in the bed, since I was potty trained. I have had my water break during my sleep before. Woke up when I rolled over and my arm went splash.

By semillama on Wednesday, February 20, 2002 - 06:14 pm:

I have urinated in a dream but not in reality,
    but it was usually a sign that i really needed
    to actually pee.

By Fb on Thursday, February 21, 2002 - 10:02 am:

i've cum in dreams. usually a sign i need to fuck more.

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact