Annie Leibowitz and Patty Hearst

sorabji.com: Dreamland: Annie Leibowitz and Patty Hearst
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By patrick on Monday, March 18, 2002 - 01:18 pm:

Any ideas as to why I met Annie Leibowitz and Patty Hearst in my dreams?

Patty Hearst, in my dream was first. She was a well known photographer (though in reality she's not) and i was in one way or another really happy and excited to meet someone of her stature.

Later, in a similar manner, I met Annie Leibowitz. I told her I was an admirer of her work and that i had just seen the images in Vanity Fair of the Bush White House staff (which i did recently see while waiting to get my haircut). She even let me shoot her 4x5 format polaroid.

As Im writing this, Im not sure it sounds as interesting as it was at the time. In fact im pretty sure of that.

Perhaps you can talk about something else now, if you like.

By eri on Monday, March 18, 2002 - 01:59 pm:

Exactly what did Patty Hearst photograph? Last time I saw her was in the campy movie "Serial Mom". hehehehehe

By patrick on Monday, March 18, 2002 - 03:49 pm:

whats nica doing now heather?

By Christopher on Monday, March 18, 2002 - 04:38 pm:

I used to have very vivid dreams about Patty Hearst. Usually, Richard Nixon was present as well. When Nixon died, the dreams changed slightly, and he would appear as an angel, complete with wings and halo. The location was almost always the same; an airport in China. Patty was wearing her "Tanya" outfit, toting her machine gun, and Nixons ghost would hover overhead, his hands held out in a pose that is similar to almost every portait of the Pope that I have ever seen. The crowds would mill around her, and people would ask her for her autograph. It may have been the fact that they were speaking chinese, as she would never loosen her grip on the machine gun, and I never saw her sign anything. The dreams stopped a few years ago, but I would not be surprised if She returns for a guest visit. I continue to dream of Nixon, but his wings and halo dissapeared some time ago.

By heather on Monday, March 18, 2002 - 04:55 pm:

she fell dead asleep on the end of the bed

she sleeps a lot

By Antigone on Monday, March 18, 2002 - 05:06 pm:

My gato is asleep as well.

He just stretched.

By patrick on Monday, March 18, 2002 - 05:19 pm:

I don't even really know a god damn thing about Patty Hearst other than the fact that she was briefly kidnapped, involved with the SLA and heiress to the Hearst publishing empire. I have no fucking clue as to why she was in my dreams. Havent read anything about her recently and if I were to walk by her on the street I would not recognize her. Nor Leibowitz.

By Ophelia on Monday, March 18, 2002 - 06:20 pm:

Isn't that weird how in dreams you know who someone is even if they look like someone else? That happens a lot in my dreams.

By J on Wednesday, March 20, 2002 - 11:50 am:

Bad enough that my mother died,my cat died in his sleep sometime between monday night and tuesday morning in my room.Just woke up yesterday,and every day that I wake up since my mother passed away,the first thing I think of is my mother's dead and I went to pick up Buffy and he was dead. I'm not handeling this very well.I saw my mother in a dream the other day and she was healthy.

By agatha on Wednesday, March 20, 2002 - 12:03 pm:

let her go, j. she's probably happier now in whatever form she took than she'd been in a long time.

i'm sorry about your kitty, too.

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact