class trip with boybands

sorabji.com: Dreamland: class trip with boybands
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By Nate on Wednesday, September 4, 2002 - 03:05 pm:

my waking dream this morning involved lance bass, i think.

there was a group of us, guys and girls, and some of the guys were from boybands. there was a good deal of female/male seperation in the beginning of the trip, until everyone realized that everyone was gay. that alleviated the stress of thinking some girl is only trying to get in your pants, or whatever, and everyoen loosened up significantly.

except i'm not gay, so lance bass came to me and asked me if i was sad that i didn't have and female sex prospects. and i said 'no, i'm just here having a good time.' he responded in disbelief, so i told him 'really, if i wanted a woman, i'd have a woman.' he still didn't believe me, so i walked up to a waitress and talked her into having dinner with me.

the only thing i remember is that i lied my ass off to do it. she had these kind of plain, dull brown eyes, but when i said 'excuse me' and she looked up i feigned shock and told her that i am crazy about brown eyes.

odd dream. at one point she said there are no real men in eugene, oregon. i guess that's where we were.

By Nate on Wednesday, September 4, 2002 - 05:25 pm:

i've noticed i've been giving up a lot more typos lately.

i wonder if i have a brain tumor or something.

By pez on Thursday, September 5, 2002 - 01:29 pm:

nate is a brain tumor

too many one-liners.

By Spider on Thursday, September 5, 2002 - 03:16 pm:

"Nate is a brain tumor." Food for thought.

I dreamt I bought a whole, skinless lamb, curled up and lying on its back in a big bowl of blood with saran wrap on top.

By Antigone on Thursday, September 5, 2002 - 06:11 pm:

Spider, thou art the Messiah.

By Spider on Friday, September 6, 2002 - 09:10 am:

Not even close.

I think this is interesting -- I've dreamt of the Messiah as a little boy with white hair, and Droopy has dreamt of a man full of peace and love who has white hair. In Revelation 1:14 it says someone "like a Son of Man" is seen and "[h]is head and hair were white like wool, as white as snow, and his eyes were like blazing fire."

In Greek and Roman literature and historical writings, people claimed to have seen great heroes with their heads ablaze with white flames. I wonder if this kind of imagery is found in other cultures and religious traditions.

By Gee on Friday, September 6, 2002 - 01:10 pm:

I dreamt that a box of french fries with gravy spoke to me. It spoke in my mother's voice.

By semillama on Friday, September 6, 2002 - 06:08 pm:

So, Steve Martin is the Messiah.

Hail Steve!

By Hal on Saturday, September 7, 2002 - 09:11 am:

I've had in depth conversations with my cat about the ideals and philosophy of life. Not to mention the meaningful yet very abrubt conversation I had with the bowl of toothpicks I had this morning. Did you know Toothpicks live to pick teeth?

By agatha on Saturday, September 7, 2002 - 01:36 pm:

i dreamed about eating dave's delicious potatoes, and then i woke up and ate some.

they were delicious.

By semillama on Saturday, September 7, 2002 - 02:40 pm:

Dave. inhales hot beef. You eat dave.'s delicious potatoes.

Good lord.

By TBone on Sunday, September 8, 2002 - 12:24 am:

I'd eat dave.'s delicious potatoes anyday.

I had large quantity of dreaming last night, but all I remember is a very pretty girl crawling into bed with me to see to see how she liked a futon.

By Platypus on Sunday, September 8, 2002 - 11:58 am:

I had a dream that I opened e's fridge and it was filled with blueberries.

And then he made blueberry pancakes.

And they were good.

By agatha on Sunday, September 8, 2002 - 04:04 pm:

is e the nerve guy?

honest to god, dave makes the best potatoes that any of you have ever tasted. they transcend potatoism.

By Dougie on Monday, September 9, 2002 - 09:23 am:

Recipes, dave. Anybody ever have those twice baked potatoes, where you bake them, then scoop out the inner goodness and mash it up with cream and butter, then put it back in the shells and bake them again until the top forms a light brown crust? Damn, I could eat those for breakfast right now. Potato pancakes are another one of my favs -- leftover mashed potatos fried up in butter the next day. And I make a mean potato salad (the secret is bacon). The little woman makes what she calls papas espanols (sp?) -- Spanish potatoes -- basically they're potato chips, but sliced a little thicker so they're not as crunchy as potato chips and deep fried.

By Platypus on Monday, September 9, 2002 - 10:21 am:

Yup, e is the nerve guy.

Dougie, your potato pancakes remind me of a pakistani dish i make sometimes when i'm feeling really motivated. Except that I add in vegetables and a little curry and make a sauce for them and they're yummy.

when I was little, my dad used to make potato pancakes a lot--the ones with grated fresh potato, matzo meal, onion, a little egg to hold them together...With applesauce and sour cream, they were the bomb.

By Spider on Monday, September 9, 2002 - 10:50 am:

My dad makes a fantastic frittata. He's famous for it. It's basically a really thick potato and egg omelet, but oh my God, is it good. It's the right combination of spices and all the extra goods he crams in there. Anything you want -- I like mushrooms and artichoke hearts, but that's just me.

It's delicious. Always a hit at parties....never a piece left over at the end.

By J on Monday, September 9, 2002 - 01:23 pm:

I love potatoe pancakes,I make them like Platypus's dad makes but without the matza meal,I'll have to try that it probably makes them firmer.

By patrick on Monday, September 9, 2002 - 02:12 pm:

id give dave's taters a run for their money.

i make "patrick potatos" the wife goes kookoo for.

essentially potatos o'brian but better.

i also make a bitchin potato and leek soup. ive been making this regularly for the hungry mrs. made a bitchin batch of it yesterday.

must be the irish, because she cant get enough potatos.

By Spider on Monday, September 9, 2002 - 03:22 pm:

We need to have a contest.

My papà would win, of course, but that shouldn't keep you from competing for second place.

:)

By Spider on Monday, September 9, 2002 - 04:22 pm:

No one excepts my challenge. HA!

By Ophelia on Monday, September 9, 2002 - 07:31 pm:

mmm, i love potatoes. mmm.

By Ophelia on Monday, September 9, 2002 - 07:32 pm:

can i be the taste tester?

By Nate on Monday, September 9, 2002 - 08:59 pm:

do you eat meat?
    do you swallow?

By Ophelia on Tuesday, September 10, 2002 - 11:04 am:

no, i dont eat meat. at least, not red meat, and usually not any meat.

By J on Tuesday, September 10, 2002 - 11:42 am:

Ryan works in the meat dept. at Sprouts grocery store,calls himself the meat master.

By Spider on Tuesday, September 10, 2002 - 12:11 pm:

How is he doing, J?

I had a dream last night that involved a little red-headed baby girl. Maybe 7 months old. I found her neglected in an orphanage that I was visiting, and I picked her up and carried her all around the grounds. She didn't have a diaper on, and I was holding her in such a way that I wouldn't get dirty while I looked around for some diapers, but she became very happy and animated in my arms and was wriggling around so much that I was afraid I'd drop her. We had a kind of bond going. She was fully sentient, like she had an adult's mind in a baby's body, and she liked me very much. Thinking about her now makes me feel a kind of strange puzzled nostalgia.

By patrick on Tuesday, September 10, 2002 - 12:48 pm:

god damn.

Dr. William Carlos Williams is sooooo smart.

By Spider on Tuesday, September 10, 2002 - 12:55 pm:

It was an icy day.
    We buried the cat,
    then took her box
    and set fire to it
    in the back yard.
    Those fleas that escaped
    earth and fire
    died by the cold.

?

What are you talking about?

By patrick on Tuesday, September 10, 2002 - 01:00 pm:

me?

I should be asking you that.

By Spider on Tuesday, September 10, 2002 - 01:51 pm:

Well, sonny, I was posting my dream in a dream thread. How about you?

By patrick on Tuesday, September 10, 2002 - 01:57 pm:

must all the Is be dotted all the time spider?

hell i dunno where i am. i just know that Dr. Williams is damn smart.

carry on.

By Spider on Tuesday, September 10, 2002 - 03:54 pm:

All the eyes I see are dotted.

Quit being so bitchy, will ya? :P

I found the best site for poetry: http://www.plagiarist.com. Lots of William Carlos Williams there.

By patrick on Tuesday, September 10, 2002 - 04:10 pm:

im reading his prose right now.

In The American Grain.

I love it when i score great books at thrift stores.

By Spider on Tuesday, September 10, 2002 - 04:26 pm:

I have a book called "The Poet's Story" or something like that -- it's a collection of prose written by a whole bunch of famous poets. And I must say, I was terribly disappointed by the piece written by W.S. Merwin, who is otherwise a god among men, if you ask me.

Actually, I think I've read Dr. Williams' prose. I think I read a story or two of his about things he did as a doctor in my American Lit class I took in college. I had forgotten all about that.

By patrick on Tuesday, September 10, 2002 - 05:01 pm:

im too dense to appreciate poetry. my short attention span doesnt want to bother to try and figure them out. the meaning rarely whacks me across the forehead, as i often hope. Id prefer to read prose.

In the American Grain is a collection of short stories in which he takes accounts of various historical figures in American history and tells them as he sees fit. Fiction based on fact. Stories of Leif Erickson, Sir William Raleigh, DeSoto, Cornado, Columbus, Lincoln and others, which perhaps, is so very American (if Im making sense here). Its a culmination of analysis and specualtion as well as great story telling.

I often over or underthink poetry. Its too often frustrating.

By agatha on Tuesday, September 10, 2002 - 08:01 pm:

spider, are you sure you weren't dreaming about the movie "Willow"?

By Spider on Wednesday, September 11, 2002 - 08:30 am:

Now that you mention it, agatha, a few weeks ago I caught the end of Willow on TV....

By J on Wednesday, September 11, 2002 - 12:11 pm:

I sort of remember you posting a dream with a redheaded boy once,I think Spider. As for how Ryan is doing,who knows.He supposedly moved out,but all his stuff is here and he still comes here everyday. I'm just totally disgusted with him,back in July,he came home with a black eye his physcho girlfriend had called him crying to come get her at some party because somebody threw a beer at her,when he got there he said somebody hit him in the face with a baseball bat anyway a tempe detective has called here twice about it.He lives with another girl now but still sneaks around with the physcho.

By The Watcher on Thursday, September 12, 2002 - 02:22 am:

J, I think you have a very interesting life.

By J on Thursday, September 12, 2002 - 02:29 am:

I would so much want be somewhere else.That's a nice way of putting it Watcher,thank you.

By Gee on Thursday, September 12, 2002 - 03:43 pm:

I just saw "Willow" for the first time ever a few days ago. it reminded me of the first part of "Lord of the Rings".

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact