Greetings from Los Angeles, Outer Space,

sorabji.com: Dreamland: Greetings from Los Angeles, Outer Space,
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By patrick on Tuesday, September 10, 2002 - 12:20 pm:

This place is truly outer space.

Its a bit startling to watch acres and acres burn less than 5 miles away from your house.

When i got home, the big thick cloud I had seen from work , was indeed a fire in the Glendale hills. From my balcony I could watch the the big grasshopper-like whirlybirds with their giant hoses looming like semi-erect mugwump peni buzz my house to suck water from Silver Lake, then using my $50 binoculars, Nico for got me for $3 in China, watching them dump it all on the fire line.

How far out is that?

Where am I?

On Mars, watching exosurfacescrapers drag Mars-rock from one crater to put out molten fireballs launched by the sun in some sort of cosmic retribution for our subspace, colonization? Wtf? This place, California never ceases to amaze me.

There were two whirly birds all together and they came in about 10-12 minute intervals...everytime i heard the increasing *WHOOP WHOOP WHOOP WHOOP* I ran to my balcony, to make sure they didnt go diving into my neighbors house in any kind of tragic malfunction. These giant whirlybirds generally look that unstable in their odd functional construction. Then the next *WHOOP WHOOP WHOOP WHOOP* about two minutes behind the first. They would duck behind the hill, seemingly landing on the roof tops of poor gay Silver Lake saps and suck out of the resovoir. I wanted to get over there with my camera, but the wife didnt get home till after dark so i would have had to walk it, being dark by then. The *WHOOP WHOOP WHOOP WHOOP* would then increase about 5 minutes after ducking behind the hill as they struggled to gain altitude with a full load of water. The giant penis leaking jizm on some poor saps rooftop and off to the front lines they went.

The blaze went into the night, the hills glowing like an angry volcano.

Id be pissed too mamma earth. We deserve it.

We're fucking infidels, so unworthy of your graces.

By patrick on Tuesday, September 10, 2002 - 12:24 pm:

By patrick on Tuesday, September 10, 2002 - 12:24 pm:

By The Watcher on Tuesday, September 10, 2002 - 02:14 pm:

Patrick,

Are you all right???:-(

This is even wierder stuff then when you're debating me.

And, I am honestly a little concerned.

By Antigone on Tuesday, September 10, 2002 - 03:52 pm:

It's just the morning sickness.

By The Watcher on Tuesday, September 10, 2002 - 06:14 pm:

Morning sickness at noon???

Oh, wait a minute. Where he is it is morning.

By Antigone on Tuesday, September 10, 2002 - 07:48 pm:

It's always morning in America.

By Platypus on Tuesday, September 10, 2002 - 11:22 pm:

it's always morning somewhere.

do they know what caused those fires, patrick? there's been some sort of muttering at work about animal sacrifices, which i am somehow not inclined to lend credence to.

By patrick on Wednesday, September 11, 2002 - 11:21 am:

those animal sacrifice fires were out in Palmdale I believe.

They are calling the Verdugo Mtn fire, near me, "suspicious".

By dave. on Wednesday, September 11, 2002 - 11:28 am:

is it really that brown down there? ick.

By patrick on Wednesday, September 11, 2002 - 11:37 am:

By dave. on Wednesday, September 11, 2002 - 11:41 am:

i MEANT the landscape.

By patrick on Wednesday, September 11, 2002 - 11:57 am:

it hasnt rained since March, what do you expect.

By dave. on Wednesday, September 11, 2002 - 12:04 pm:

brownness, i s'pose.

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact