things you do in your sleep

sorabji.com: Dreamland: things you do in your sleep
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By sarah on Thursday, February 6, 2003 - 11:25 am:

i know i don't snore. none of the thousands of lovers, the select few who get the privelege of actually sleeping in my bed, have reported that i snore when i ask.

but i think i pick my nose in my sleep. not every night, but occassionally. i think this because sometimes i wake up and by mid-morning realize that the inside of one of my nostrils is sore and kinda crusty, as if i'd been digging around in there with a very sharp fingernail. it hurts like hell.

By eri on Thursday, February 6, 2003 - 12:40 pm:

Spunky snores. Sometimes I wake him up because he is so loud he wakes me up, but just yesterday, Micki started walking around our bedroom talking about how loud Daddy snores at night in his room. She made up a whole story about Daddy and his loud snoring. It was funny as hell.

I have a sleep time habit, but I never tell. It's embarassing. Only Spunky, my kids, my parents and my ex's parents know this. My parents still make fun of me for it.

By J on Thursday, February 6, 2003 - 01:12 pm:

Could that be sucking your thumb? I never go to sleep with it in my mouth like I use to,but sometimes it finds it's way on it's own.

By Lapis on Thursday, February 6, 2003 - 01:43 pm:

I used to laugh in my sleep, but now all I do is kick.

By Spider on Thursday, February 6, 2003 - 01:56 pm:

I roll around and sometimes end up on the floor.

By trace on Thursday, February 6, 2003 - 02:37 pm:

pez what happened?

ERI!!!

By kazoo on Thursday, February 6, 2003 - 03:21 pm:

I talk in my sleep. Apparently, I was babbling on about the jesus-bread when sem came back from using the bathroom last night.

By eri on Thursday, February 6, 2003 - 03:52 pm:

Stop it J. You figure me out to quickly. Now all of sorabji knows my most embarrassing thing!

Hayley talks in her sleep sometimes. It used to be worse. Not too bad anymore. It was hard to sleep when we could hear her talking in her sleep in our room and we weren't sure if she was really asleep or not. She used to sleepwalk, too, but she doesn't do that anymore (here's hoping i didn't just jinx myself). The last time we caught her she was trying to flush her bedspread down the toilet and when Trace asked her about it she was talking to him in her sleep and it didn't make any sense, but that was like almost a year ago.

By Lapis on Thursday, February 6, 2003 - 07:42 pm:

I can't keep my bed made. All my sheets and blankets end up on the floor.

I'm not quite sure what happened. Puberty, I guess. I was about 10 when I stopped laughing.

By Dougie on Thursday, February 6, 2003 - 11:44 pm:

My parents had to stop me from sucking my thumb because it was becoming horribly disfigured. I guess I gnawed at it too, and all the skin was gone.

The little woman has started letting our puppy sleep on the bed while I'm away, and now she expects to sleep there every night. She growls and rolls and farts and stretches in her sleep, and is an all around pain in the ass to sleep with. I'm not happy about the situation.

By dave. on Thursday, February 6, 2003 - 11:56 pm:

y'know how big dogs can curl up in the tiniest ball everywhere except on your bed, where they will extend their legs to the fullest and conspire to drive you off?

By J on Friday, February 7, 2003 - 12:56 am:

I fart and roll, then I pee.Oh stop it.

By sarah on Friday, February 7, 2003 - 05:14 pm:

i sucked my thumb til i was 12 years old. very, very embarrassing, especially at 6th grade camp. i also had a "blankie" that was my dad's old white undershirt. ewww.

By eri on Friday, February 7, 2003 - 05:29 pm:

Yep, 6th grade camp was embarrassing. We had been pen pals with another school that shared the trip and my bunk mate was my pen pal and she took one look at me and decided she didn't like me. I was too white to be her friend.

My mother tried everything to get me to quit, but it never worked. I quit for a couple of years when I had braces, but I could only handle so much berating from my mother about how much of a loser I am because I suck my thumb, even though I didn't. Finally I did start again so she would actually have something to bitch at me about, since she bitched at me about it anyways. What can I say, I was only a kid then. I didn't know it was allright to tell her to fuck off.

By Lapis on Friday, February 7, 2003 - 08:20 pm:

I sucked my thumb 'til I was eight. I stopped the summer after second grade, took a trip to California for my cousin's wedding and learned how to ride a bike all in the same three months.

By agatha on Friday, February 7, 2003 - 08:43 pm:

dave snores really really loud. cleo hogs the entire bed. i stick my hands down my pants, and leave them there all night.

By J on Saturday, February 8, 2003 - 12:53 am:

That's cause you know where to find them in the morning and they'll be warm,my husband snores too,sometimes I sleep walk and make a big mess.

By Lapis on Saturday, February 8, 2003 - 06:28 am:

Have you tried elevating his head? It worked once when I slept with this guy who snored, his head was on the mattress and I just shoved a pillow under him and he was fine the rest of the night.

By patrick on Saturday, February 8, 2003 - 10:19 pm:

my cat isabella makes funny lil whezzing sounds with her nose and squeeks from her dreams.

By Platypus on Sunday, February 9, 2003 - 06:40 pm:

"I'm not quite sure what happened. Puberty, I guess. I was about 10 when I stopped laughing."

That's sort of...sad, out of context.

Sucking your thumb is actually bad for your teeth, I discovered. I guess it pulls your front teeth forward and causes a severe overbite. The evidence can be clearly seen in my mouth, since I refused to wear braces. After about the age of twelve I refused to let anybody mess with my mouth.

Mr. Bell makes funny noises too. I've been sick for several days and he likes to hide under the covers with me--earlier he was upside down, all stretched out, making little squeaky noises.

Cats can take up a hell of a lot of bed room.

By jack on Sunday, February 9, 2003 - 07:22 pm:

that is a cool cat name.

By Dougie on Sunday, February 9, 2003 - 08:00 pm:

"I fart and roll, then I pee.Oh stop it."

J, you crack me up.

By wisper on Sunday, February 9, 2003 - 08:29 pm:

i snore loud, and sometimes i even grind my teeth. But not very often.

oh, my boyfriend is so lucky.

once i woke up without the underwear i had gone to sleep wearing. I was alone. Has that ever happened to you? It's creepy as hell.

By J on Monday, February 10, 2003 - 01:42 am:

Bless you Dougie,and thank God you don't have to sleep with me:) And what's up with your new job? Your going all over.

By moonit on Monday, February 10, 2003 - 02:24 pm:

The Pandyr went to sleep the night before last with one arm round me, his other hand tangled in my hair. Then he did one of those flinchy things that boys do when they are almost asleep and smacked me in the head.

He apologised, and didnt remember it today.

By kazoo on Monday, February 10, 2003 - 02:50 pm:

I flinch like that. I don't think I hurt anyone, maybe just myself as I often wake up with scratches on my face.

On the morning after my 21st birthday, I woke up wearing different pajamas and didn't know why. All the sheets were off the bed too. I was utterly confused until I looked over and saw the trash barrel next to my bed. In my inebriated state, I put the barrel there so I could throw-up in it. The barrel was filled with sheets and original pajamas, all covered with vomit.

By Lapis on Monday, February 10, 2003 - 02:51 pm:

I remember a girl I went to band camp with (she wasn't in my room, but next door) sleptwalked one night. Sometime around two am she got up, put on her cutoffs and changed the station to talk radio.

Out of context quotes are the greatest.

By patrick on Monday, February 10, 2003 - 03:14 pm:

i do that twitch think all the fucking time. im not sure its just a boy thing though.

By eri on Monday, February 10, 2003 - 04:39 pm:

Spunky does that too. He used to hit me in my sleep. Sometimes I wake up with bruises and I don't know where they came from. Maybe I just sleep through it now. Maybe I am doing it and I hit myself in my sleep. Who knows.

By moonit on Monday, February 10, 2003 - 04:45 pm:

I think its from when you fall asleep to fast.

Or something. Is that possible?

By patrick on Monday, February 10, 2003 - 04:47 pm:

i've always surmised its the kick off to my brains neural activity that commences once asleep.

By dave. on Monday, February 10, 2003 - 10:22 pm:

i do that, too. sometimes i even let out a little yelp. usually, it has to do with a feeling of falling. i wake up just enough to get embarassed and try to cover it up by rolling over or something. like i meant to flinch and yelp and roll over. silly dream flinching.

By Dougie on Tuesday, February 11, 2003 - 12:32 am:

Yeah, travelling a lot J. I'm liking it so far, but time will tell if I can keep it up for the long haul. It's nice not having to go to the same place every day and seeing the same people, and seeing places I'd never normally go. The little lady's not too thrilled with it, but while we don't have kids, I might as well bank some money while I can, even if that means being away 3/4 of the month.

By Dougie on Tuesday, February 11, 2003 - 01:56 am:

You know what I miss though, J, is still being in the fray of this place -- at my old job, I could check in on this place often, and get immediate feedback to my b.s. Now I only check in every couple of days. Glad to see the old gang is still in full swing though.

By J on Tuesday, February 11, 2003 - 07:40 pm:

And you just got your new house,they won't try to relocate you will they? We miss your witty posts when your not around.

By Dougie on Tuesday, February 11, 2003 - 08:16 pm:

Thanks J, you're a sweetheart. No, they won't relocate me, but they did ask when they hired me if I wanted to move to NH. I probably would have taken them up on that had I not just bought the house.

By KB on Sunday, August 15, 2004 - 12:09 pm:

I never stopped sucking my thumb. It happens automatically as I sleep, which isn't very good when I happen to be falling asleep in, say, an airport terminal! It's affected my teeth too as I can stick my thumb in almost without opening my mouth. But, I'll tell ya, it's a great source of comfort and worth it when I consider the typical alternatives. And, also, because I do it in public at times, I assure you, a far more popular habit with adults than anyone would have ever guessed. People come up to me all the time admitting that they, too, suck their thumb.

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact