Am I dreaming?

sorabji.com: Dreamland: Am I dreaming?
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By Lapis on Friday, June 6, 2003 - 02:27 am:

My grandma broke her arm in April.

She's been having a tough time since Grandpa died last August and wasn't eating properly or even taking very good care of herself so we decided to move her to a different section of the center where she lives, where she'll have more company and someone to make sure she gets out more and eats.

My parents helped her move and get settled, clearing out quite a bit of Grandpa's things since she wouldn't have room any longer. Dad found a camera bag.

Curious, he opened it up, and found three different lenses and some other things. Since I've got the camera I'm to have them.

It's crazy, I'm so excited to take pictures, but it almost feels like I owe it to my grandfather to become serious about photography, breathe photographs for this gift I never even dreamed of.

By patrick on Friday, June 6, 2003 - 12:26 pm:

my second to first serious camera i got came from a hand me down from my uncle.

camera and 4 different lenses with flash, tripod. the works. i was so god damn thrilled.

you know i love to talk about what i know, so if i can help ..........*blink blink*

By Lapis on Friday, June 6, 2003 - 02:51 pm:

I need to find out what they are, first. Eeeeek!

I think I'll go to the library and check out some photography books. I'll probably have plenty of q's after that as well.

By patrick on Friday, June 6, 2003 - 03:05 pm:

what do you find of what they are? you dont have them yet? Or you mean, what kind of camera they go to.

I can probably tell you. whats on the front of to lense? Tell me what it says.

By patrick on Friday, June 6, 2003 - 03:06 pm:

rather..

what do you MEAN by 'to find out what they are' ?

By Lapis on Friday, June 6, 2003 - 03:30 pm:

I haven't seen them yet. I don't know if they're wideangle, or zoom, or telephoto or whatever. My parents have them and I'll see them tomorrow.

By patrick on Monday, June 9, 2003 - 12:51 pm:

have you seen them yet?

By Lapis on Monday, June 9, 2003 - 10:31 pm:

Yes. Only two lenses. A 135 mm and an 80-205 mm zoom. With built-in hoods. In the camera bag there were also instructions for a point and shoot and a flash (neither of which were there) and an old pair of suspenders in an almond roca can. They both have carrying bags and the camera bag itself could hold a bowling ball so I've gathered all my film and put it in there and hopefully I can fit the other cameras that I'm going to keep, the LC-A and the action sampler and the one with the pop-up flash. Then cameras will be contained and not all over the room.

I took some pictures and hopefully they'll turn out nice, I forgot that I had black and white loaded and so the purple flower behind my mom's ear will turn out grey.

By dave. on Monday, June 9, 2003 - 11:36 pm:

am i dreaming? i just got this linux distro
    called
    knoppix

linux on a cd. uncompresses everything on the
    fly.

this is fucking beautiful.

By patrick on Tuesday, June 10, 2003 - 01:13 pm:

hey thats fucking AWESOME dave!

what kind of camera do the lenses go to?

By dave. on Tuesday, June 10, 2003 - 01:32 pm:

shaddup.

By patrick on Tuesday, June 10, 2003 - 01:43 pm:

no really sugar tits...i share your enthusiasm.

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact