Missile test site

sorabji.com: Dreamland: Missile test site
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By Spider on Friday, July 25, 2003 - 10:20 am:

Okay, I've tried to type this twice already and have nearly been caught by my boss each time.

So.

Background: Jason Isaacs is my dad. Heath Ledger is my brother. My real brother is my brother. We are all thieves or bank robbers of some kind.

Beginning of the dream: Very fuzzy. Lucidity comes after my real brother and I drop our dad off on a street corner in Wilmington, DE after a heist, and then drive off into the night.

Middle part of dream: I'm in the car, and I look into the sky and see what seems to be a comet. Look closer. It looks like a satellite or a distant aircraft. It's moving at right angles and zig-zagging around and generally not behaving like an aircraft. I look closer, and as I do, we drive past a big field where lots of cars are parked. I realize I'm looking at missiles.

Rest of dream: We get out of the car and walk down to the bottom of a hill where a large crowd is sitting. At the top of the hill, and sort of behind the hill (lots of hills in the area), people are performing missile tests. Giant black missiles are being released and exploding into the surrounding hills. We can see the explosions but they're not very loud at first. Heath Ledger (whose name is Rob in the dream and actually looks like this male ballet dancer I saw on a PBS special) is there, but he wanders into the crowd and we lose him. I'm getting more and more anxious with each missile test. They seem to be getting closer to us, and I start to feel bits of shredded grass blow against me. I beg my (real) brother to call our dad and tell him that we'll pick him up in a few minutes. My brother is very grumpy and refuses. I feel panic rising, and I plead with my brother to leave and get our dad. He keeps refusing. I start feeling heat from the explosions. I look at the test site and see the tests are actually performed by giants picking up the missiles and throwing them into the ground. The giants don't appear to notice the crowd of spectators, and I'm convinced that they're going to lob a missile at us by accident. I grab my brother's arm and start crying, begging him to let us leave.

That's when I woke up, and I actually sat up in bed and gasped a few times, like they do in the movies. What a scary dream!

By Spider on Friday, July 25, 2003 - 10:21 am:

"Heath Ledger (whose name is Rob in the dream and actually looks like this male ballet dancer I saw on a PBS special)"

Um, yeah. In other words, I knew it was Heath, even though it didn't look like him. Oh, whatever.

By . on Friday, July 25, 2003 - 11:53 am:

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact