Near death dreams

sorabji.com: Dreamland: Near death dreams
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By patrick on Tuesday, September 16, 2003 - 02:35 pm:

I had a near death dream this morning. extremely vivid, and the kind that woke me up with a hurried breath.

I was walking in this seaside town. I was on the campus of an Air Force school, there were cadets everywhere.

As Im walking I look up ahead of me and see an American airlines 747 taking off on an aiport that is very very close by. its taking off out over the ocean but something is wrong. the engines on the left wing are spilling black fumes. as it continues on, i could hear people starting to pay attention. then all of sudden, debris is being swet at us...fast. bits and pieces, some small, some big. I look around for shelter, but there really isnt anything and Im not quite sure where to run.

its clear this plane is going to loose its wing, and it does, and then does a spin with its two good engines on the good wing, both on full throttle and is coming straight at us, but somewhat sideways. and its upside down. its skipping across the water and its coming right at me. Im paralyzed. I don't know which way to go. Im just preparing for the impact. as it gets closer and closer, hits the beachhead i see that the cockpit portion is direectly in front of me.

i duck and the curvature in an upside down 747, where the cockpit windows are allow enough space to pass over me and some other people around me. we are spared.

I look up. Im flabergasted. I say to the guy next to me something to the effect of "its not our time" or whathave you. Both of us have our jaws dropped. I didnt look around to see the carnage. i was too warped from the experience.

Then I awake and im breathing fast, and im clutching Eva's passey in my left hand. she's on my right side. I don't know how i got the passey in my hand.

I didnt want to tell nico, as she's flying out on Swiss Air this weekend to France and I think they use 747s and well, it will freak her out and such.

Ever have near death dreams? The kind that wake you in a cold sweat?

By J on Tuesday, September 16, 2003 - 03:06 pm:

I had a nightmare a couple of weeks ago,can't remember the details except I was trapped in a fire. My husband woke me up as I was screaming in my sleep about the cabinets on fire.I also had a nightmare about the end of the world once that scared me so bad,I had to fight to wake-up and I was trying to scream but no sound would come out,scared the shit out of me.

By Nate on Tuesday, September 16, 2003 - 03:13 pm:

oh hell, don't get me started.

By kazu on Tuesday, September 16, 2003 - 03:18 pm:

"I was trying to scream but no sound would come out,scared the shit out of me."

just thinking about when that happens makes me anxious

By Spider on Tuesday, September 16, 2003 - 04:26 pm:

Not often. I had one dream in which I was shot and died in the dream.

My wake-up-gasping dreams usually involve demons or other supernatural beings of evil. Or sexual assault.

By sarah on Tuesday, September 16, 2003 - 04:42 pm:

right before i woke up this morning, i had a dream that i was trying to resuscitate a pet snake via mouth to mouth, and after a long time it finally came-to, but only for a moment, and then it died. i wept and wept and wept and woke up feeling very sad.

as i was leaving this post office this afternoon, i found a humongous, gorgeous butterfly, all wings intact, laying unable to move but still alive, in the middle of the parking lot. i picked it up and drove back to the office with it. now it's finally dead and laying here on my desk. i feel like crying for it, for some reason.

By semillama on Tuesday, September 16, 2003 - 05:27 pm:

speaking of dreams, has anyone checked out the "oil derrick dream" strip at Get Your War On? pretty funny.

"Coke tastes like Robot Sweat"

By Lapis on Tuesday, September 16, 2003 - 05:45 pm:

I had a dream once where I was running from the police, I was framed for something and their instructions were to shoot and kill me on sight. Crouching down to the ground and running like hell for another hiding space.

I was on a trip at the time and the woman whom I shared a room with said I was whimpering in my sleep.

By patrick on Tuesday, September 16, 2003 - 06:04 pm:

"i had a dream that i was trying to resuscitate a pet snake via mouth to mouth"

HOLY cow!

By eri on Tuesday, September 16, 2003 - 06:06 pm:

I had a near death dream about myself only once and I was STONED that night.

I do have death dreams of other people quite frequently...repeditive dreams. I don't like to talk about them. I have been having the same dream for 5 years now. Don't like it at all.

By Hal on Tuesday, September 16, 2003 - 07:43 pm:

All I can say is... Clowns, thousands upon thousands of clowns. Death was coming fast, and I awoke to my cat chewing on my big toe.

By wisper on Wednesday, September 17, 2003 - 07:20 pm:

you should save the butterfly sarah.
    Pinned & framed or whatever.
    I usually think butterflys under glass is a cruel thing to do, but you found it dead so it's different.

By Ophelia on Thursday, September 18, 2003 - 07:10 pm:

lapis, a few years ago i too had a dream where i was shot (executed, actually, by a rifleing squad) and actually died. it was a lucid dream, so i stopped stuggling and let myself die because i wanted to know what would happen. though i chose to let myself die, i dont remember concsiously choosing to leave my body, but once i decided to die i viewed the rest of the death scene from outside of my body, with an arial view of people standing around my lifeless body. that was interesting, seeing all of my friends and relatives who had attended the execution, standing around me.

then i decided to see what would happen next, and so i stopped looking down and looked around me, and felt as if my consciousness was floating up (though i had no body and no real frame of reference, since everything was full of white light). I couldn't see anything since the light was blinding, but i sensed other consciousnesses, maybe souls, floating around me.

This is probably the most interesting dream that I can remember in such detail. It made me wonder a lot about how social constructions and belief systems, (since thats how i generally view the religious influences that seem to have been imbedded in that dream) can show up in your subconscious.

By Lapis on Friday, September 19, 2003 - 01:05 pm:

Wow.

By V.v. on Friday, September 19, 2003 - 11:43 pm:

Hal,i had an amazing dream last night,.i was walking for MILES and MILES through white limestone caves leaving a trail of gold string behind me to find my way back,when i came upon a large chamber where all the Sorabjis were haveing a tea party [a mad Hatters tea party]we were all there,and i remember saying SHES LATE whilst looking at my large silver fob watch,then ERI FELL THROUGH THE CEILING,DRESSED AS A VICTORIAN SCHOOL GIRL.............then i woke up,and never found out who the red queen was.

By V.v. on Friday, September 19, 2003 - 11:48 pm:

Allthough Eri must have been Alice.And who was the Mad Hatter?

By Hal on Saturday, September 20, 2003 - 12:10 am:

Wait... So who the fuck does that make me?

I always pictured myself something of the cashire cat but I don't know, I'm curious who I ended up as in the dream.

By J on Saturday, September 20, 2003 - 02:18 am:

Go ask Alice.I think she'll know,Feed the head!

By J on Saturday, September 20, 2003 - 02:22 am:

Go ask Alice.I think she'll know,Feed the head!

By Lapis on Saturday, September 20, 2003 - 05:33 am:

Feed the head?

I used to have an invisible cat named Head.

Head made my aquaintance at youth symphony practice biting my soulder and stayed on for months, even in math class.

By Nate on Saturday, September 20, 2003 - 06:24 am:

soulder.

my soulder is etched with pain.

By Hal on Saturday, September 20, 2003 - 12:37 pm:

By Lapis on Saturday, September 20, 2003 - 01:28 pm:

Forgive me, Nate, for I have misspelled.

By TBone on Saturday, September 20, 2003 - 06:32 pm:

Soldier?

By V.v. on Sunday, September 21, 2003 - 08:34 am:

Hal,In my dream i think you may well have been the CHESHIRE CAT,but who is the Red Queen?Lapis OR Sarah?What Female Sorabji likes to cut off heads?

By heather on Sunday, September 21, 2003 - 03:29 pm:

leave your fetishes out of this

By V.v. on Sunday, September 21, 2003 - 07:18 pm:

AH HA,so YOU are the Queen of Hearts.

By V.v. on Sunday, September 21, 2003 - 07:20 pm:

And i bet you are thinking OFF WITH HIS HEAD.

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact