Joan Jett is my Friend

sorabji.com: Dreamland: Joan Jett is my Friend
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By semillama on Wednesday, July 21, 2004 - 01:05 pm:

Do you ever have dreams about something that you have dreamt about before, and don't remember in real life, but in the dream, you remember the previous dream as though it actually happened? I had one of those.

My dream was about Joan Jett. In the dream, I remembered previous dreams that also had Joan Jett in them, but I remembered them as actual occurrences. So this was sort of a third in a trilogy of dreams involving Joan Jett.

(I don't really remember the other dreams, or when I dreamt them, though. All I can tell you is that this dream logically followed the other dreams)

So, in this dream, I am in some city, and I meet up with Joan Jett, who as I said before, I know from previous dreams. Apparently, I think in the first dream, she was either a friend or ex-lover of a close friend, and that's how I met her. This time around, we met up near a park and hung out for a bit. She wanted to smoke down, so we walked around the park trying to find a spot where we could do that and not get hassled. I don't think we succeeded. I'm sort of fuzzy on the details, although I know there was at least one weird character in the park.

Anyway, the next thing I remember sequentially is being at my mom's house and trying to convince Mair and my mom and brother that I really do know Joan Jett, and then Joan Jett and two other people walk up the stairs from the basement to the living room, and I'm like "see?"

I think maybe a part of the dream may have referred to the second dream in this series, which I have no recollection of at all. At one point, I think we were at Joan Jett's apartment, and she had a chart of the people and locations she's had sex with in the last ten years, with different colored circles representing the different people. There were only three different colors, so that meant she had only slept with three people in that time. I don't recall the first name, but the second was the aforementioned friend (a woman), and the last was my name! My particular circle only appeared a couple times on the chart.

So, apparently in the second Joan Jett Dream, we must've knocked boots or something. Isn't that a hell of a dream to NOT remember? Sheeit.

By sarah on Wednesday, July 21, 2004 - 05:40 pm:

i'm totally sure joan jett's has sex with only 3 people. you must have esp or something.

i have a tshirt that says "What Would Joan Jett Do?"

By Spider on Wednesday, July 21, 2004 - 07:21 pm:

Sem, I have dreams in which I "remember" things all the time, like, I'll dream that I'm in this building and I'll "know" that if I go around the corner, I'll come to a room where such-and-such happened the last time. Only there was no last time -- I've never dreamt about that building before, but I don't realize that until I wake up.

So, it happens to you, too, huh? Hmmm.

By TBone on Thursday, July 22, 2004 - 03:28 pm:

I get deja vu in my dreams a lot.

By Dougie on Thursday, July 22, 2004 - 03:38 pm:

I always get Joan Jett and Pat Benatar confused. Actually, Joan Jett was in the broadway version of Rocky Horror Picture Show I saw a couple of years ago -- she was really good.

By TBone on Thursday, July 22, 2004 - 03:56 pm:

Isn't stage show is called "The Rocky Horror Show"? I think they added "Picture" for the movie.

By kazu on Wednesday, September 8, 2004 - 10:09 pm:

Who the fuck is Mair?

By semillama on Thursday, September 9, 2004 - 09:59 am:

Don't make me tell.

By wisper on Thursday, September 9, 2004 - 06:31 pm:

it's what he calls his penis.

By kazu on Thursday, September 9, 2004 - 06:33 pm:

I think it's his other girlfriend.

By Classic rocker on Saturday, March 5, 2005 - 05:58 pm:

i have been a joan jett fan since 1979.. she kicks ass in every performance i've seen. those of you who have never seen her live or heard her music are really missing out. it's hard, loud, make your hair stand up, raw rock n roll. no one does it better. don't judge by one fucking dream or one stage show.

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact