The recent lucid dreams

sorabji.com: Dreamland: The recent lucid dreams
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By Antigone on Thursday, October 14, 2004 - 04:51 pm:

I don't want to step on pez's thread anymore, but I'd like to keep talking about the lucid dreams some of us have been experiencing lately.

I had another one last night.

It started out with me participating in an "extended group interview" with a big company, maybe IBM. It was like a summer camp / reality show where we'd do activities and one of us would be eliminated every day. The place was something of a cross between a kid's clubhouse and a haunted house. It wasn't that scary, though. The atmosphere was just...pensive. I was just about to find out if I got the job when...

...I crawled through a cavelike passageway with a bunch of pilgrim type people. My mom was there, on some kind of quest. We emerged from the passage into a green clearing, and it turned out to be ground zero in New York. They were dedicating the new buildings. The whole place was lush and green, with muddy pools where the towers had been, and everyone was singing. I wandered off to the side, away from the people, over to a building that looked kind of 19th century New Orleans-ish.

As I wandered around the side of the building everything changed to a futuristic setting. In the middle of the clearing (which wasn't a clearing anymore) was a giant hologram showing alternating 50 foot tall logos of various corporations, booming out audio from ads. I took an escalator up to a promenade and wandered off into a back alley to a dark sushi cafe. I went up to the bar (rather run down and shabby) and tried to ask for sushi, but I couldn't talk well.

That's it...

By Gee on Thursday, October 14, 2004 - 05:57 pm:

last night I dreamed that I was still living with my old roommate, Jamie. She had decided to move "away" and we were going to hang out together for her last evening here.

but when I came home to meet her, she was really mad at me because I had promised to put something away and forgot, so she wouldn't speak to me. So now she was leaving and angry with me, and I was completely miserable.

when I woke up I was still really mad at her. she called to talk to Maria, and I snapped at her. dreams are funny.

By patrick on Thursday, October 14, 2004 - 06:28 pm:

last night, though im short on details, i was at my grandfathers funeral, and when it came time to carry the casket, no one in my family would help me, so my grandmother got up to help. i remember spewing hot flames of anger out of my eyes towards my brothers and uncles. in some form of apology, my brother, later came up to me crying and gave me a $20. i refused and continually expressed dismay and disapointment.

there was more, but its lost.

By Platypus on Thursday, October 14, 2004 - 07:05 pm:

Last night, I drempt that my mother died and they were asking me to approve organ donation, and I kept saying "yes, of course," and they kept asking me again and again, and then I started to wonder about the wierdness of organ harvesting and beating heart donors, and then I drempt that M, D, and I were in a giant state run liquor store (which we don't even have on the west coast that I know of) so that D could use the bathroom, which was palatial, and M kept asking where the wine section was, and I kept telling her I didn't know. I was somewhat confused about why were all together because M has recently decided that my goal in life is to steal her fiance, and therefore I am a monster to be distrusted and ignored at all times. So there we were wondering through the wine section looking at packages of wine charms.

Oddly, towards the tail end of this dream, D called. At some obscenely hour at the morning. And wanted to hang out.

Deeply confusing.

I notice lately that there's often a link between dreams and life. Recently, I have been reading a lot about brain death and beating heart donors, and then, suddenly, people are brain dead. Or I'll have a dream about talking to someone I haven't talked to in a while (because their fiance is convinced I'm secretly hoping to ravish them in the poolhouse) and then they call...There's an interesting connection between sorabji, dreamland, and my life in meatspace.

By lapis on Thursday, October 14, 2004 - 08:15 pm:

i rather liked the dreamtalk in there. it keeps the thread more interesting.

i haven't dreampt since tuesday. that's only two nights but still. after the paticular vividness of it.

By Gee on Friday, October 15, 2004 - 10:33 am:

last night I was at my friend Faye's house, and I was having a hard time getting home. I accedently got on the wrong streetcar and wound up taking about two hours to get home. that's what actually happened.

then I went to sleep and dreamed that I was going over to Ron's house after a late indigo shift, and it seemed to be taking me Forever to get there. I kept missing buses and ending up in wrong parts of town. When I finally got to Ron's house I found him with a bunch of people, having some kind of party and yucking it up.

somehow this made me feel betrayed and forgotten about. like he was here having a grand old time while I was miserable and lost and searching for him. like he wasn't even Thinking about me.

I hope the bad dreams stop soon.

By kazu on Friday, October 15, 2004 - 11:02 am:

This is a dream I had the night before I flew home after my brother's wedding this past weekend. I remember it in detail because I described it in a letter I just sent to spider.

I was dating my friend M. who is a straight woman, but I was also with Sem. In the dream it seemed as though no one knew about sem and everyone expected that I was going to marry M. and I didn't want to be with M anymore but I didn't know how to get out of the relationship because everyone expected we were going to stay together and I really just wanted to be with sem.

Then there were all these small planes crashing but everyone survived. one crashed right next to me in the river and i ran away but thought I should stay and help people get out of the water.

Then all of a sudden I am somewhere in Canada hanging out with Megan Follows (who played Anne in Anne of Green Gables) and I think she's flirting with me so I kiss her, but she wasn't and then I got really embarrassed but she didn't care and took me out and showed me around her town, which looked like German Village in Columbus.

By TBone on Monday, February 14, 2005 - 04:02 pm:

I had a long, violent dream last night. It took place on an island with a small city on it. Above the city rose a single skyscraper, and this is where most of the dream took place. I think the dream began with me riding with several other people in some sort of transportation system that seemed sort of like a modern rollercoaster, but it might also have been a plane. It was used for getting from one part of the skyscraper to another, because it was incredibly huge. A man with blond hair and intense blue eyes hijacked the ride, and it became apparent somehow that he wasn't really human. When we arrived at one of the stops, some security people were there to deal with this guy, but they didn't know he wasn't human. I told them to shoot him in the head right now, and keep shooting. But they ignored me, and the bad man grinned at me before killing them.

Most of the dream is very hazy, but he killed lots and lots of people. He killed most of the people on the island.

I was with a small group of people trying to stop him or maybe just survive, and we kept losing people. There was an underground lake on one of the basement floors, and many other strange places. We spend a lot of time in these really large elevators.

At some point I knew that the building had a consciousness. It was an AI, and once we made contact with this entity, it tried to help us. There was also an android or something that was battling this evil thing. It had a consciousness of its own, but was somehow linked with the building. The evil thing was trying to kill the building. It could do so either by doing enough damage to the structure, or by killing the android.

Eventually, everyone in my group was dead or just gone, and as far as I knew, I was the only one left on the island.

The bad creature had the ability to spit these spheres that would explode, and it used these to severely injure the good android. I managed to throw one back at the evil thing before it blew up, and that seemed to kill it.

The building then told me that 21 other people were still alive, scattered over the island. It said that it would be able to repair itself given enough time, and that if I could find all the survivors, we could live there in the building. It thanked me for saving its life.

By wisper on Monday, February 14, 2005 - 10:17 pm:

You have to sell that to Jerry Bruckheimer!

By TBone on Tuesday, February 15, 2005 - 12:27 am:

Y'know, maybe I should run it by him.

I dream in widescreen.

By Gee on Tuesday, February 15, 2005 - 12:12 pm:

Last night I dreamed that I had an affair with Vin Diesel, whom I do not find attractive at all.

In my dream he was the arch nemisis of a boy I really care for (in real life), and I felt really bad for finding Vin so damn sexy in my dream. I felt as though I were betraying The Boy, even though there was/is no commitment there.

the night before last I dreamed that I was walking around toronto with The Boy and it was dawn and rainy and we were planning to go to a party, and he said to me "We'll stay for 20 minutes and then we'll go to City Hall and get married, okay?", and he said it all matter-of-fact-like.

the situation seems to be getting dire.

By V on Monday, April 4, 2005 - 06:13 pm:

...so you dont dream no more?

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact