2 dreams from a droopy brain pan

sorabji.com: Dreamland: 2 dreams from a droopy brain pan
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By droopy on Saturday, February 16, 2008 - 04:39 pm:

i was at a dinner party. or maybe it would better to say a banquet. i was at one end of a very long dinner table with a white table cloth and all the fancy banquet stuff like flower centerpieces and those silver domed serving dishes. there other people sitting at the table - in fact there was a lot of chatter - but i seemed to be alone; there wasn't anybody next to me. there also seemed to be a lot of activity: occasionally somebody would get up and walk across the table to another person.

behind me there was a tubular railing like the kind you see on the second floor of a shopping mall. i realized that, on the other side of the railing, was a very long drop. the banquet seemed to be on a platform high off the ground in a building. i could see other railings and doors. actually, it reminds of one of the hospitals here in fort worth, which is 4 or more stories and open in the middle so you can see all the levels and all the offices

then, suddenly, everbody at the table started to panic. people started running around as though trying to escape from some kind of danger. i felt no panic and just sat there. i saw a young boy climb over the railing drop and himself into what i knew would be certain death. then the dream ended.

i have been brought to an old saloon. it's dark and indistinct, but i can tell it's mostly made of brown-black wood. it's seems to be a series of compartments connected by corridors instead of one open area. there are people there, but they seem like shadows.

i am small boy, and i think i'm there with my parents, possibly because they bought the place. i'm angry that they dragged me there. i slip away and start exploring the dark corridors. i find a stairway and start climbing it; as i ascend, the the shaft that the staircase seems to be in gets brighter with sunlight.

i emerge in a room with windows and bright sunshine. the room is mostly wood, but a lighter color than that of the - and i just have to use this word - plutonian saloon. the room has a 19th century sort of feel and is filled with old scientific gadgets, paintings, stuffed animals and other stuff. there is a man there; he's old and seems pleasant, but that's all i can say about him. he takes me over to a table to show me something. there are several large wooden dishes on the table each of which has an animal like a duck, squirrel, or similar sized animal in them. at first i thought the were stuffed animals, but the man picked up a duck and broke it open to show me the inside: it was red, beady, and gooey sort of like fish roe. the dream ended there.

By Dr Pepper on Saturday, February 16, 2008 - 09:24 pm:

droopy, i wanted so badly beat the lamp that my mother gave me. well droopy, if you are dreaming about what you saw it very cleary, this may happen very soon or later, oddly, i had a dream over a months ago, i had a two different dream, remembering that i saw the a house was covered with platic thing over a roof, then the next dream was seeing something dark in the sky destroyed the house with plastic covered over the roof, well then 4 days later, a lady in a wheelchair lose her home. here the link: http://www.stategazette.com/story/1303050.html

By agatha on Sunday, February 17, 2008 - 06:46 pm:

Speaking of Droopy's interesting posts, raise your hand if you would object to me reprinting select posts on my blog. I wouldn't link to sorabji. I'm running out of interesting things to say, and everybody here is so full of good stories. I could ask y'all each time I wanted to post something, or...? It wouldn't be often, just when the spirit moved me.

By jack the knife on Sunday, February 17, 2008 - 09:16 pm:

"I'm running out of interesting things to say"

??? Oh, come now.

By Dr Pepper on Monday, February 18, 2008 - 12:15 am:

How was everybody today?

By droopy on Monday, February 18, 2008 - 02:19 am:

i had a quiet day. i had pot roast and mashed potatoes for dinner.

agatha - you can reprint any of my crap, but you have to provide a link to your blog.

By heather on Monday, February 18, 2008 - 04:19 am:

yeah

just the other day, agatha, i was remembering your website from years ago and wishing i could see it

i am bonetired

today was a beautiful day

i would like to stay home all week, maybe lying on the floor with the door open

i went to a friend's birthday. he is an environmental chemist and a rope bondage--would you say, professional?--instructor/performer and his parties have an interesting mix of people.

By platypus on Monday, February 18, 2008 - 12:29 pm:

I would like to stay in bed all day, eating ice cream.

The weather is not beautiful up here, all grey and overcast and generally miserable, and it makes me wonder if the weather is truly capable of reflecting my mood, or if I am just imagining things.

Come on. Get happy.

By agatha on Monday, February 18, 2008 - 02:28 pm:

It's here...
    http://fluffah.vox.com

It's really boring, though. Platy's is much better- she actually writes stuff... Platy, do you care if I post your site?

I'm totally over this weather too, but yesterday was beautiful and made me forget for a minute that it was miserable the day before and would be again the day after.

By platypus on Monday, February 18, 2008 - 03:46 pm:

Mine is meloukhia.net and Agatha makes it out to be far more exciting than it really is. I am eating chicken soup with too many noodles, so it's more like noodles with a watery chicken sauce.

By agatha on Monday, February 18, 2008 - 04:54 pm:

It is exciting. Platy's a really good writer with lots of opinions to chew on.

By droopy on Tuesday, February 19, 2008 - 01:43 pm:

had a dream about snakes last night, but i don't remember much of it. i woke up last night at 3:40am; i was too groggy to remember much more of the dream than lots of images of large snakes baring fangs and a last scene in hilly park filled with people and a voice-over saying "mexican people started moving there." the people in the dream didn't look mexican, and i think the voice in the dream came from the radio which happened on a news station.

i tried to remember more of the dream, but all it lead to was the memory of a scene from the movie "the howling". it's a scene where a woman is trapped in a room with a guy who starts turning into a werewolf in front of her. the special effects in that movie were incredible. he walks slowly toward her as he changes while she backs away in horror. when fully changed, the werewolf had a smile and still only kept walking slowly toward her. the terror of the scene is how the werewolf drags it out: anybody who watches that scene wants to scream "stop torturing me and just kill me!"

so i assume that's what the dream was like if i could remember it.

By Nate on Tuesday, February 19, 2008 - 02:19 pm:

the dream i had this morning involved a number of characters of the gilmore girls. we were outside on a summer night, standing in a circle, each with a racket of sorts. The rackets were like racquetball rackets except they had a membrane of plastic instead of strings such that when an object was struck with the racket there was a drum-like percussion.

so we were standing and playing this game akin to hackey-sack, in which we passed around a small stone and used the rackets to keep it aloft.

the strange thing was that there was music playing, and the music had been stripped of its lead instrument (guitar?), and the lead was being supplied by the percussive strikes of stone on racket.

then, the scene switched and i was watching rory gilmore take a shower. and she was tanner than she should be, and she had a great ass.

By Dr Pepper on Tuesday, February 19, 2008 - 09:33 pm:

By Dr Pepper on Tuesday, February 19, 2008 - 09:55 pm:

By jack on Wednesday, February 20, 2008 - 08:29 am:

ok. if you say so, boss.

By agatha on Wednesday, February 20, 2008 - 12:14 pm:

One of his links actually worked! You go with your hot link action, pepper!

By Nate on Wednesday, February 20, 2008 - 05:04 pm:

"We talked then about how we think of ourselves as Americans but there are many worlds in the United States if you stray very far from freeways and stay away from television."

-Jim Harrison (from "True North")

I just wanted to put the quote somewhere.

By Dr Pepper on Wednesday, February 20, 2008 - 10:50 pm:

By Dr Pepper on Wednesday, February 20, 2008 - 10:52 pm:

By jack on Thursday, February 21, 2008 - 12:11 am:

ok. if you say so, boss.

By Jack on Thursday, February 21, 2008 - 09:05 pm:

ok. if you say so, boss.

By Jack on Thursday, February 21, 2008 - 09:07 pm:

By Jack on Thursday, February 21, 2008 - 09:09 pm:

By Blue on Thursday, February 21, 2008 - 09:10 pm:

By Jack on Thursday, February 21, 2008 - 09:12 pm:

By Jack on Thursday, February 21, 2008 - 09:25 pm:

By jack on Friday, February 22, 2008 - 12:18 am:

http://what the fuck/maybe the link will work/but if not/ uh / it doesn't matter/ if or because / uhm/ uhm/ uhm/ uhm/ uhm/ uhhhhhm/ uhhhhm/ pepperimages.bmp

By jack on Friday, February 22, 2008 - 12:19 am:

FUCK!!!!!

By Spider on Friday, February 22, 2008 - 07:26 pm:

Are you a sentient bot? I have often wondered.

Perhaps you are a cyborg and are coherent or incoherent depending on whether or not your switch has been flipped.

By Dr Pepper on Friday, February 22, 2008 - 09:18 pm:

jack. i know you did remove my image ......

By jack 3000 on Saturday, February 23, 2008 - 04:35 pm:

ok, if you say so, boas.

By jack 3000 on Saturday, February 23, 2008 - 04:37 pm:

By Jack 3000 on Saturday, February 23, 2008 - 05:16 pm:

ok,if you say so,boas.

By Jack 3000 on Saturday, February 23, 2008 - 05:17 pm:

By jack 3000 on Saturday, February 23, 2008 - 09:09 pm:

ok, if you say so bots.

By jack 3000 on Saturday, February 23, 2008 - 09:12 pm:

By jack 3000 on Saturday, February 23, 2008 - 09:13 pm:

ok, if you say so, bot.

By Jack3001 on Saturday, February 23, 2008 - 10:47 pm:

Yeah, you go eat with chupacabra's milk bone. I am sure ya hungry with Chupacabra, but, let me warn ya. If he's still hungry... you better run out of town, cause he will suck your blood out of you.

By Jack3001 on Saturday, February 23, 2008 - 11:03 pm:

By jack 3000 on Sunday, February 24, 2008 - 12:57 am:

ok, if you say so, boy.

By jack 3000 on Sunday, February 24, 2008 - 10:40 am:

aulic wrong uniformal scissorsmith bowllike anodynic recarrier amaga
    anamite episode rapid

captiously taccada unswathe depiction unchilled hippiedoms. semifinals prepotential bize sourcefulness wagoner cacomistle knackers dreamland isotype teardowns moonwalks nowhither! rayful indelegability urao suffixer, aftermaths indoxyls
    wateringly undistend prilled antrophore amaurosis participates
    paulette ciliospinal laboringly: nostalgic willinghearted guruships
    unfriendlily satirised pinfeathery
    agenesis coachway paschite schizolite dendrodont livelihoods
    contrastimulation queen webbing gradualistic
    howadji zoolatrous!!

By Jack 3000 on Sunday, February 24, 2008 - 10:42 am:

Wow! what a big words!!

By jack 3000 on Sunday, February 24, 2008 - 11:50 am:

ok, if you say so, boos.

By Spider on Sunday, February 24, 2008 - 02:27 pm:

Thank you for illustrating my concerns.

By jackifer on Sunday, February 24, 2008 - 02:32 pm:

i'm going to make and pre-empt a prediction: somebody would post "hey, chupacabra's milk bone would be a totally rad band name"

except i just posted this and therefore ruined it

By Jackifer on Sunday, February 24, 2008 - 07:59 pm:

jack+jennifer=jackifer as a transvestite?

By jack 3000 on Sunday, February 24, 2008 - 08:04 pm:

no. you're wrong. sorry. thanks for playing. better luck next life!

By droopy on Thursday, September 11, 2008 - 05:02 pm:

i will preface this one. i had been unwell. i had spent the day reading pdk's "ubik" and finished it. as i was getting into bed last night around 1:30 or so last night, i turned on the portable tv and flipped around the channels. i found talk show or something with a band called p.o.d. playing. they are three latino guys and one black guy and they played an acoustic number about peace and or against war or something like that. i turned off the tv, read the pkd short story "days of perky pat" (to prime myself for reading "three stigmata..." today), and went to sleep.

v. would've liked this one.

the dream is set in my apartment complex, which is a neighborhood of triplex houses. i'm in sitting in a parked car on the street that runs away from my apartment and which i can see out of my window right. in the car, i'm in the seat that opens onto the street.

a young latino guy opens the door and startles me. i start yelling at him: who the fuck are you?! whaddya want! he grabs a book from me and we started fighting over it. it's an old paperback, looked about 700 pages, and was old and worn with no cover, rounded worn edges and greying paper. i have no idea what the book was but i was willing to fight him for it. he backed away with the book in his hand and i got out of the car following him.

i was on two legs. this is the first dream i've had in over 20 years where i was unambiguously ambulatory.

i start chasing the guy on the sidewalk down to 4th st. across the street from my apartment. he stops, turns around and pulls out a knife. i stop and pull out my knife - the one i actually carry with me in real life.

he says "you pulled a knife on me!" and i say "you pulled one first" and then we start circling around each other like you do at the beginning of a knife fight. we make a few lunges at each other, but nothing connects. then i get close enough to him to stab the book (still in one of his hands) with my knife and take it back. we simply walk off in different directions; i head back to my apartment.

suddenly it's evening and there seems to be a party going on outside in the front yard. i go out and there are a lot of people on the front porch i share with two other apartments. a lot of them are rough-looking latinos and i'm a little wary. but after talking to one guy i find out they're musicians and then i'm sitting with them and drinking booze. i walk around to some of the other apartments, talking to people.

i go back to my apartment and see a bottle on the floor. it's a whiskey bottle that had been had been half-empty and filled the rest of the way with cheap red wine. the bottle still had the funnel on top. i think it might have been me who did that in a drunken state. i pick it up and go outside again, drinking from the bottle. i remember that i once drank a pint of whiskey and a bottle of cheap wine on the same night and had volcanic diarrhea for two days, but i keep drinking anyway.

By Dr Pepper on Friday, September 12, 2008 - 02:33 am:

droopy, didn't you watch michael jackson's music called "beat it"? two guys pulls knife on each other and circling around. well dance with him!

By droopy on Monday, March 23, 2009 - 04:02 pm:

had several dreams last night (or early this morning). only one happened while i was asleep, that i can remember. it was just me on the street i lived on while i was a teenager. when i was 13, after my parents divorced and moved to texas with my mother, we lived in a house next to my grandparents. the dream starts in front of those two houses. except in the dream they are empty, run-down, and the lawn is mostly dry dirt with patches of grass and weeds. i start walking down the street (apparently) and the whole dream is seen in a pov style. all of the rest of the houses on the street are in the same condition. i think i am wanted by the police, or some authority, and start trying to think of someplace to escape to.

i wake up with bad indigestion, or acid reflux - the acid is in my throat and burning the soft tissue like a lit match. i get up, fix a bicarbonate of soda, and sit around for a while burping while my stomach settles. it's about 5am.

when i get back into bed i can only fall half-asleep. with my eyes open, i started having wakeful dreams. one was where images from hieronymous bosch paintings started moving around like a cartoon. there was another one where i was in some town; it seemed european, mostly because of the narrow streets and clean, whitewashed buildings. it seems to be nothing but hills. sometimes i'm a wheelchair; at one point both of my tires go flat and i can feel the familiar sinking and slowing like you're going through mud. other times i'm walking but i have to carry my chair on my back, the other familiar theme in my dreams. i'm trying to get somewhere in the town. apparently i know my destination, and sometimes the streets seem familiar, but i keep getting lost.

By sarah on Monday, March 23, 2009 - 10:57 pm:

i have been having 2-3 distinct sets of dreams every night for many weeks now.

for example, in the same night i had the following two dreams:

1. that i was playing guitar on stage live with the Black Crowes. my guitar playing was fine, but i completely lacked any professionalism when it came to operating on stage. very clumsy and awkward.

2. that in my sleep i had been tricked into have a premature c-section, and my baby came out all deformed.

earlier in the pregnancy i had a lot of dreams about senor having cheated on me. the woman he cheated on me with varied, but she always was hanging around our house afterward, skipping around like someone who had just gotten laid. the fact that he thought it was okay to have her around the house when i was there infuriated, frustrated, puzzled, and hurt me. i often woke up from these dreams sobbing and they would stay with me for days.

By droopy on Wednesday, March 25, 2009 - 02:42 pm:

i hope we both don't need professional help, sarah.

last night's dream is a little sketchy. and weird. it begins in a combination of the interior of my apartment and the set of the mary tyler moore show - the newsroom. i don't know why - i've seen the show, but it's not some particular favorite of mine. i can't even begin to guess what subconscious meaning it could have. i'm there with what i guess is the other characters from the mtm show, though they're all indistinct - in my waking memory just general human figures.

nothing happens in the dream to lead up to this, but i decide to kill myself. my plan is to cover my body with flammable butter (of the type one might find in a dream), put on a raincoat, and then light myself on fire. i would light myself by sticking a lighter on the inside of my left sleeve. this has some significance because for the past week or so i've had a nasty-looking contact dermatitis rash on my left forearm that kind of looks like burns. anyway, the way the dream suicide is supposed to work is that i light myself on fire but the raincoat keeps the flames inside so that they consume me.

this doesn't work. i light my arm on fire and it becomes a small inferno for a while and then goes out. i take the raincoat off. my left arm is dark red like burgundy wine and has a big swollen knot the size of a tennis ball on the inside forearm.

then the dreams moves out to the back of my apartment - the parking area wich is like a wide alleyway. it's raining, or has been, and there's water running down it. very fast. there's some kind of big piece of contruction equipment parked behind my apartment. it's sort of like a wide, flat tank with an open top. the other people in my dream get on it. when the do, a big wave of water comes from behind and hits them. they're all washed into a slot on the machine just to the front of them and they're chewed up by blades or something.

By Dr Pepper on Wednesday, March 25, 2009 - 04:13 pm:

droopy, how interesting, maybe you can tell us if you ever see anything in your dream about bus stop. I had like to hear about it.

By Danielssss on Wednesday, March 25, 2009 - 04:36 pm:

Not exactly a bus stop dream, but this IS on the cosmic highway:

Anna Maria 2002

Water wades over the rims of my boots
    Salt tumbles tween teeth

What rumbles in the back of such sun swollen mind
    Leaves tracks in wet sand by the walking westward

Tempt me, oh why don’t you tempt me to live one more sunrise?
    But, pulled by the waves and sun drowning one more day,

Let me walk into the calm quiet blue green of such afternoon
    The sun near setting, the day most over, crowd gone, no longer floating
    This life awash in the sand and timeless repetition

Water wades over the tops of my boots and beckons hair and head to follow
    And time turns heavenward just when the last sights of clouds bear down

Afternoon glows dim and darkened water spreads
    Its wings to hold me jellylike suspended

##
    Such was the dream and is the plan.

By sarah on Thursday, March 26, 2009 - 03:04 pm:

i have a lot of very different recurring dreams.

tidal waves. and if not tidal waves, then very very large waves that i barely escape on shore.

being lost in the same damn foreign city, over and over again.

having to go back to high school to finish a math credit.

By Dr Pepper on Thursday, March 26, 2009 - 03:45 pm:

Wow, sarah, Me think, me needs to go back to school too :-P

By sarah on Saturday, March 28, 2009 - 10:39 pm:

i haven't had a sorabji dream in a really long time. however last night i had a dream that mark thomas gave me oral sex.

not only that, but that it was the best oral sex i'd had. and yes, in the dream i had an orgasm. have you ever had an orgasm in a dream before? it's so strange.

the context of it is that mark was my neighbor across the street and down two. he and i had cultivated an inappropriately close friendship. i would spend a lot of time hanging around at his house.

as we became closer friends, we started snuggling on the couch, then snuggling on his bed.

then undressing each other.

in my dream, that's about as far as i had wanted it to go. but at some point mark wanted me to wrap things up and get on my way. instead i lingered, and his way of getting me out of his house was to go down on me, thinking i'd get what i wanted and leave.

a bunch of stuff happened after that, involving mostly other neighbors at mark's house, but not involving any more sex of any kind.

surely you must know that i'm embarrassed to admit this dream, but the embarrassment is softened by my real excuse of pregnant hormones gone wild.

also, perhaps i was just getting back at senor for cheating on me in all those previous dreams.

By sarah on Sunday, March 29, 2009 - 02:17 pm:

last night i had a dream that, while traveling somewhere, i had locked my purse and sunglasses in a locker, located in a giant, multi-story locker room.

then of course when i went back to get my stuff, i couldn't find the right locker, and in the course of trying my key in various lockers, i lost the key.

i went nearly hysterical and employed the help of everyone i ran into.

By jaq on Sunday, March 29, 2009 - 02:35 pm:

last night, inspired by sarah's dream, i dreamed that somebody from sorabji gave me oral sex.

unfortunately, i can't remember who.

By Dr Pepper on Sunday, March 29, 2009 - 05:10 pm:

Awww! that's too bad, it could be Vv! Ha!

By sarah on Monday, April 6, 2009 - 10:59 am:

last night i had a dream that my dad was the leader of a small cult outside of Madison, Wisconsin.

i spent the majority of the dream trying to convince him and other people (mostly my family) that he was a lunatic and needed professional help.

throughout the dream i also had a large organic garden that i gave tours of, and i ended up yielding around 300 heads of cauliflower, which grew upward on stalks nearly as big as trees.

By Dr Pepper on Monday, April 6, 2009 - 12:32 pm:

Sarah, the other night, I had a dream in my sleep and i had a confrontation with my old school guidance conselor, he looked flipped out.

By droopy on Tuesday, April 7, 2009 - 01:41 am:

saturday night i had a dream that i was at the old farmhouse and it caught on fire.

By Dr Pepper on Tuesday, April 7, 2009 - 12:12 pm:

droopy, you not the culprit?

By droopy on Thursday, May 7, 2009 - 02:28 pm:

the memory of this dream is patchy. i am with my father and we have just arrived at what is obviously a rich man's house. we are inside in a large living room or parlor or whatever-the-fuck.

as far as i can remember, my father has never appeared in my dreams. i didn't think of this until earlier this morning when i got an email from my mother telling me it's my father's 70th birthday today and i should send him a note.

so i'm in this house with my father. we're there for some kind of gathering, but i don't know what. my father, apparently, knows. people start coming into the room - the other guests. i recognize some of them as old friends i haven't seen in years. i say hello and shake hands. there's a solemn feel in the air. i feel guilty that i don't know why i'm there and try to hide the fact.

a man i don't recognize walks in: he's around 55 (it seems) and very well dressed. he thanks me for coming, and i grow more nervous as i realize this is his house.

then the man brings out the guest of honor - a guy i haven't seen in over ten years named blake. he's in a wheelchair, bald, and has stitches around the top of his skull as though the top had been removed and then sowed back on. he looks tired and slouches in the chair (which actually is more like a bench with wheels). he is rolled into the center of the room and we all stand around him.

i am not in a wheelchair in the dream, nor do i stand; i'm just there seeing.

blake has had a brain tumor. we are all saying encouraging words and congratulating him on his courage. he seems happy. the dream ends.

i don't know why blake was in the dream. we were in a band together back in the 90s; he was the guitarist. he wasn't rich: he lived in a modest house with his grand parents. not because his parents were dead, they just left him with the grandparents after they split up. blake's father was a mayor of a small town somewhere in texas.

By Dr Pepper on Thursday, May 7, 2009 - 10:33 pm:

droopy, maybe it is in other world.

By droopy on Monday, May 11, 2009 - 12:11 pm:

last night was one of my bad sleeping nights, of the type i've had since i was four. there wasn't enough booze left to put me out completely make being awake more bearable. it's one of those things where you try reading or watching tv or doing a crossword or something else and it makes you feel so tired that all you want to do is sleep; then the second you turn out the light and close your eyes your brain is hit with some kind of charge. i don't feel awake enough to do anything but i can't turn my brain off and fall asleep, so i'm in a limbo. i just have to lie there all night and hopefully let my brain burn itself out. usually when dawn breaks and light comes through the window, the brain settles down and i'll sleep for a few hours.

this is often when i dream. last night was a short one that involved my mother, maybe because it was mother's day yesterday and i didn't meet her and my sister at joe t's or even get her a card.

my mother and i are beside her neighbors house, on the side facing her house; we're toward the back. on the roof is a big black bird - almost as big as a bulldog. it's sort of a cross between a chicken and a raven - sort of fat, jet black with huge talons. the bird is sitting near the gutter, and in the proportions of a dream my mother can reach up to it and touch it. maybe trying to knock it off. it falls. once it hits the ground it starts squawking and tries to scramble back up to the roof. it can't fly; it has to try to run up the brick wall, grab the gutter, and hoist itself up. it takes the bird three tries to do this successfully. like you do, i sort strain along with the bird as i'm watching this. my mother and i watch this falling down and 3 attempts to get back up three or four times. the last time my mother even tries to help it by giving it a little shove on the butt.

that's it.

By Dr Pepper on Monday, May 11, 2009 - 12:56 pm:

droopy, you can watch the dvd movies, it will helps you falls asleep, i do that at all times, often i fell asleep while the movie was playing , or sometimes, i falls asleep as the movie started.

By sarah on Monday, May 11, 2009 - 01:25 pm:

a few nights ago a had a dream about my 20th high school reunion (which was supposed to be last year but in reality it never happened). in my dream it was an outside picnic type of thing and most surprisingly it was really fun, and i woke up happy to have had that dream.

By droopy on Monday, May 11, 2009 - 02:31 pm:

i've never gone to any of my high school reunions. my 20th probably would've been a nightmare. when it happened, back in '05, there was an article in the paper about us: we were the year of the "legion of doom", described in my high schools wikipedia page as a "right-wing vigilante group". the had set of a couple of bombs at "undesirable" students houses, fired a gun at one, and draped a dead, gutted cat over another guy's steering wheel.

golden memories.

of course, all of the "legion" members are now lawyers, successful business men, etc. because america loves a fascist with a dream.

By droopy on Tuesday, September 15, 2009 - 12:38 pm:

had a strange dream last night. it's one of those things where you wake up the next morning with no memory of it, but hours later bits of it flash back. i remember a woman is in a castle or a dungeon or an antique sewer: i just remember damp stone walls 30 feet tall and it was dark and seemed subterranean. she meets a up with a dragon. they sit and talk. he wants to be in a movie. he must have been giving a pitch, but i don't remember what was said. she goes back to wherever she comes from. then i remember a scene from a movie, which the woman is acting in. it's outide, but at night in an alley with the same stone walls. she is being attacked - held from behind and strangled by what i seem to remember as an asian male. but it's movie, not a real attack. the dragon appears in the sky, set against the moon and stars, and swoops down into the alley. this isn't part of the movie. he grabs the woman with his talons - she is screaming - and flies off. that's all i remember.

By ... on Tuesday, September 15, 2009 - 11:50 pm:

i dreamed Sunday night that my mother was carving a cunt into the side of my right leg. she dug it slowly so as not to hurt me, but it hurt. my sister and her high school boyfriends watched and laughed. when the knife hurt too much i ran downstairs to the kitchen. from there i could see into the living room where a 20-something year old man with long blonde curly hair stood by the piano. when i saw him i woke myself up screaming and that made him run toward the garage.

By droopy on Saturday, April 14, 2012 - 04:21 pm:

had a dream that i was at my maternal
    grandparent's house. my mother lives there now,
    but in this dream my grandparents - who died in
    the mid-90s - are alive and my mother isn't in the
    dream. i guess i'm there because in the dream i
    have lost my job and they got me a job at the zoo,
    which is where i worked as a teenager.

staying in the house with us are a middle-aged
    british woman and 2 or 3 younger british women who
    are maybe related to her. in the few scenes with
    the older woman, she is reciting news stories. i
    found out when i woke up that i had fallen asleep
    with the bbc worldservice on the radio. one of the
    younger women does this too.

another of the young women, who unlike the others
    is dark-haired, actively dislikes me. we never
    talk, but if we happen to cross paths through the
    house she scowls at me. later there is a scene
    where i am outside on the road rolling down a
    hill. at the bottom some guy in a recumbent bike
    turns and starts heading straight for me. i roll
    off the road and he misses me. i turn back and see
    the dark-haired girl in some kind of contraption.
    i yell to her in warning (about the guy in the
    recumbent) and she scowls at me as if to say
    "things like that only happen to shitheads like
    you."

another young woman tolerates me. at one point we
    are in the kitchen sitting on the counter talking
    about something. it wasn't particularly sexual, my
    dreams rarely are anymore, but we sat close to
    each other and i liked the feel of her on my
    shoulder and cheek.

i lost track of the actual sequence of events in
    the dream. i remember at one point i was in the
    dining room with the older woman and one of the
    younger ones. the room suddenly detached itself
    and we started going up a mountain as if on a ski
    lift. that scene ended right there. i don't know
    where my subconscious thought the room was going
    to go.

the dream ends when i go to someplace with my
    grandparents. in one way, it's the museum district
    of fort worth. but it's an amalgam of places i've
    seen or imagined. i came there with my
    grandparents, but went off alone. the whole place
    is on one long hill, and i'm at the bottom. so i
    started rolling up it.

i spend a lot of my real life rolling up and down
    hills. i still don't have a car, don't want one,
    and i've gotten in the habit rolling long
    distances through the city. i'm in the best shape
    of my life, but it means i get lots of flat tires.
    which means i'll get a flat while i'm still a long
    way from home and all i can do is drag along with
    the flat till i can get back to my place. the
    evening of this dream, i had to change a flat. it
    always takes me a few days to trust the tire
    again.

so, i'm rolling up the hill. on a sidewalk. there
    are a lot of people. both of my tires blow out.
    like in a lot of dreams, i can walk a little. i
    get up, throw my chair on my back, and walk up the
    hill looking for someplace to fix the tire. at one
    point i see myself. i walk on bow legs with a
    hobble, sort of like a chimpanzee. i get to some
    place near the top of the hill. it's a casino. i
    go in.

i really don't remember how the dream ends or if
    there was anymore to it.

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact