my birthday suit

sorabji.com: What are you wearing?: my birthday suit
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By Arizona on Saturday, November 13, 1999 - 09:49 pm:

my birthday suit

By hydrozoa on Saturday, November 13, 1999 - 10:33 pm:

a dark green men's dress shirt with a lapel that seems larger than necessary. everytime i inspect it more closely, it's normal-sized.

black "tall" levi's with a torn seam on the inner thigh that i keep deciding not to fix right now.

messy hair. bare feet.

By Cyst on Saturday, November 13, 1999 - 11:39 pm:

a leather skirt and a sleeveless top.

I'm going to see some bands tonight. I haven't been to a show in portland in a long time, so I'm not sure what level of indifference you're supposed to affect these days.

By Moonit on Sunday, November 14, 1999 - 12:58 am:

blue jeans and a see thru white top, with a white ribbed t-shirt underneath. bare feet and hair in pigtails.

its sunday.

its relax day.

By Agatha on Sunday, November 14, 1999 - 02:58 am:

i am wearing my stylie new pants. they are black jersey knit, with a drawstring. snug on top with a slight flare at the bottom, and a little slit on the inside bottom of each leg. they look like how i would imagine ski pants for women looked in the sixties. i like them. in fact, i like them so much that this is the second day in a row that i have worn them, and i may very well wear them tomorrow too.

By Rhiannon on Sunday, November 14, 1999 - 05:50 am:

I'm wearing a plain black long-sleeved t-shirt and grey pants that sound remarkably like the ones Agatha is describing, except they are not snug on top and there's no flare, just straight legs.

And red socks.

And my hair is down and messy.

By Lather on Sunday, November 14, 1999 - 11:01 am:

A very Gestapo-esque trench coat that Lucy hates.

By semillama on Sunday, November 14, 1999 - 05:53 pm:

Black Watch plaid pajamas and bare feet, uncombed hair. I am not leaving the house today and no one is coming to visit, so why not? I may put on some socks my feet are a bit chilly.

suddenly craving a trip to a bookstore . . . ?

By Sheila on Sunday, November 14, 1999 - 08:27 pm:

Cupcake nail polish.

i can walk to the book store from the plant. i can buy books; i can sell them back; i can trade them for other books. on one side is the Bagel Bin, on the other the Pie Tin. everything looks like it did in 1880, except stuff works. i always have a parking space inside the plant, because i get there before 6 a.m. i never have to give up my parking space to run fun errands during the day, because i take the company car. i get to go on "site inspections" avec my beloved. they are actually paying me for this.
    me being such a bad person and all....go figure.

By mista wizard on Sunday, November 14, 1999 - 08:37 pm:

they don't think you're bad.

they just think you're crazy.

By Sheila on Sunday, November 14, 1999 - 08:50 pm:

compared to?

are you listening to yourself? do you know how it must be for sorabjites to think you are crazy?

i guess not.

By mista wizza on Sunday, November 14, 1999 - 09:00 pm:

well, i dunno. "sorabjiites" weren't the "they" i was originally referring to...

but yeah, i guess you're right.

they probably think you're crazy, too.

By Sheila on Sunday, November 14, 1999 - 09:18 pm:

you should be specific when using pronouns. one "i" in sorabjites. crazy, perhaps, bad, definitely. afraid of large household appliance salespersons? no. it is true, the neighborhood children, well all the village children fear me, but i've cultivated that for years to attain the level i want, and it is working perfectly.

down at the plant, they can't be sure if i'm crazy or not. it's hard to tell in that milieu, and they probably fear litigation should they make an error in judgment

By mista swine on Sunday, November 14, 1999 - 10:16 pm:

so what kind of twisted image have you cultivated with these little rugrats?

are you the 300 year old cackling demonhag who sucks the breath from sleeping children?
    the silent succubus who transforms from mild-mannered civil servant to red-eyed baby-eating beast in the middle of the night?
    or is it the more pedestrian "boogiebitch-under-the-bed", "wicked-witch-in-the-closet" kinda gig?

nothing surprises me. i bet it's all true.

i used to have a pretty evil boogiebitch *in* my bed on a regular basis, but she wasn't very scary. not as scary as the refridgerator maintainance lady, anyway. never underestimate a 200 pound woman with a mean set of tools.

anyway, i almost thought of pitying the little village crumbsnatchers.
    i was thinking that the terror you'd evoke in them would be legendary, but now i'm doubting that's the case.
    after all, it's the 90's.
    they probably pack more heat than the LAPD, chop more coke than scarface, and see you as being just a little crazy.

you should probably be afraid of them.

By Sheila on Monday, November 15, 1999 - 12:16 am:

you haven't seen them.

By Sarah on Monday, November 15, 1999 - 04:48 am:

sheila, you are neither bad nor crazy. at least not in sorabjiland. if someone thinks you are crazy, it's only because they are afraid of you. and imagine what kind of weenie someone would have to be if they are afraid of a name on a computer screen. i mean really.

besides, there is no fall from grace here because there is no grace.

at this moment i'm wearing black velvet pants, Stephen's tube socks, and a white cotton baby tee, to show off my buff muscles to nobody at all.

tomorrow i'm going to wear a dress probably and some shoes if it's raining.

i owe you an email. but i'm tired of computers right now.

By J on Monday, November 15, 1999 - 10:08 am:

It,s 8:00 a.m.,I,m wearing a tee shirt of 2 dogs doing it in every position possible,I never had the nerve to wear it out in public so I sleep in it sometimes, and my white cotton panties.One dog is blue, the other is lavender.Arizona,I,m from AZ too,what town do you live in?

By Rhiannon on Monday, November 15, 1999 - 10:53 am:

Lather, that coat you're talking about must be nice. The Nazis, though thoroughly evil, had good taste in outerware.

By Patrick on Monday, November 15, 1999 - 11:40 am:

a loin cloth.....the dark blue one with the pin stripes. I have a dentist appt. then off to work. the pin stripes seem appropriate for work.....

By Naiite on Monday, November 15, 1999 - 12:08 pm:

sorabjiite, two i's.

just like me. two i's.

thiis iis just my opiiniion.

By A on Monday, November 15, 1999 - 01:08 pm:

I'm totally naked at my pc and I really don't care!!

By hydrozoa on Monday, November 15, 1999 - 07:35 pm:

ah, but we do.

a. a grey "fitted" turtleneck sweater i bought for four dollars at value village. it has a hole in the shoulder. i get what i pay for.

b. black cordouroys that actually reach my ankles, unlike other pants that i own.

c. nearly demolished black j. crew boots without socks. the italian leather lining is all ripped up. next time, i buy my boots at army/navy surplus.

d. curly rained-on hair.

By Cyst on Monday, November 15, 1999 - 09:01 pm:

j. crew shoes suck.

last weekend I finally replaced a pair of boots I bought at sir plus in 1993. (A) georgia 8-eyelet loggers. like in the illustration about how to skin a squirrel in "the joy of cooking." like in myboot.com.

I just got back from a futile trip to a movie theater to see "american beauty." it's not close by, but I walked because I'm sick of being in the car. and I want to break the boots in before my next descent into the lava cave.

technical difficulties. guess I'm going to have to drive to a different theater later on. so maybe I can ditch the (B) fleece pullover I promised myself I would never wear out of the house. I walked to the columbia sportswear outlet store to buy it a few weeks ago, back when we started having to turn the heater on. it's so fucking pnw to wear fleece. the fleece pullover is to urban portland what the pastel jogging suit is to retirement communities. it's not right because it's ugly and easy.

(C) jeans my summer lover (had me a blast) gave me because I'm fatter than he is.

(D) a shirt the friday guy described as "a long-sleeved t-shirt," although it's more of a tight rib than a jersey. maybe he's not gay after all.

By Lucy Phurre on Monday, November 15, 1999 - 10:05 pm:

Cyst: pnw?

I am wearing the leather trenchcoat I got at Goodwill for $25 (Lather may end up with it, depending on which one of us it fits better after I take the shoulder pads out. He wants to replace his trenchcoat which, despite his insistence, I think looks very nice on him. I merely commented that it was creepy with one outfit that he has. I told him he could have this one if he wants, since he saw it first.)
    I am also wearing this oddly shaped grey shirt with a sort of reverse-flared sleeve. The sleeves have relatively snug-fitting cuffs and then the towards-the-torso end is really big and the armholes take up most of the sides of the shirt. It sounds stranger-looking that it is, and flatters my figure very nicely. It is also very comfortable.
    I am wearing black jeans, which makes me very happy, since I haven't been able to wear jeans without looking fat in years. I have lost a lot of weight recently. The jeans are Lather's (we're about the same size... it makes us an even more irritatingly cute couple, according to most of my friends)
    I am wearing these sort of chunky platform type shoes, which look functional and comfortable, but arent. They are designed to look all industrial, like motorcycle boots or something. I kind of like them, but they give me cramps in the arches of my feet. Lather doesn't like them because they make me taller than him. I don't like them because they make my feet hurt. I only wore them because I couldn't find my other shoes and I only have 2 presentable pairs of shoes. This is a result of the fact that I hate buying shoes unless they are exciting spike-heeled thigh high boots or somesuch.

By Cyst on Monday, November 15, 1999 - 10:16 pm:

pnw = pacific northwest.

for perhaps the first time in my life, I have an overabundance of presentable shoes. for the winter, anyway.

By ____ on Monday, November 15, 1999 - 10:28 pm:

lucy, you seem so much more, ummm. . . nice since you've been getting laid.

By Isolde on Tuesday, November 16, 1999 - 12:08 am:

hmmm...interesting. A long poet's shirt that reaches over my knees, since I had the intent of going to sleep eventually. But know I'm getting hungry. Dammit. I hate that.

By Cheeken on Tuesday, November 16, 1999 - 01:20 am:

Yay Oregon.

By cyst on Tuesday, November 16, 1999 - 01:31 am:

land of the rose and sunshine,
    land of the summer's breeze;
    laden with health and vigor,
    fresh from the western seas.
    blessed by the blood of martyrs,
    land of the setting sun;
    hail to thee, land of promise,
    my oregon.

By MapleLeaf on Tuesday, November 16, 1999 - 11:13 am:

Tuesday office attire

blue pinstripe suit....white button down shirt...red/blue horizontal stripe tie....loafers.. exec length sox....boxers.

Jeez....I was just admiring myself in the mirrow when I realized I was looking at the guy in the office across the hall.....should have known earlier as his hair isn't greying.:)

By Nate on Tuesday, November 16, 1999 - 11:28 am:

Tuesday office attire.

jeans. pullover hooded sweatshirt.

By Patrick on Tuesday, November 16, 1999 - 11:45 am:

Tuesdays's office attire

tan fading cords, gray banana rep v-neck t
    light forrest green socks and black low cut shit kickers

dorky black rimmed glasses

the loin cloth is at the cleaners

By J on Tuesday, November 16, 1999 - 02:22 pm:

You are suppose to wash a loin cloth on rocks in a stream,didn,t Tarzan ever tell you?

By Cyst on Tuesday, November 16, 1999 - 02:58 pm:

chelsea boots
    long black wool skirt that swooshes when I walk
    gray wool sweater

I wear long skirts with boots about three times a week so I hardly ever have to wear nylons.

By Fetidbeaver on Tuesday, November 16, 1999 - 04:37 pm:

Work attire:
    White shoes
    White socks
    White underwear
    White scrub shirt & pants
    Colored tee shirt underneath (green)
    Same thing everyday. (at times accessorized with urine, feces, sputum and/or blood)

Home attire:
    Beaver pelts

By JusMiceElf on Tuesday, November 16, 1999 - 08:49 pm:

What's the Jonathan Richman song about "...jeans and a sweater, jeans and a shirt..."? About "plain old everyday clothes"?

I'm wearing jeans with a tee shirt from my sister's old bookstore in New Orleans. And a pair of smartwool socks. I hate hate hate cotton socks. The only ones I wear are dress socks.

By Rhiannon on Wednesday, November 17, 1999 - 11:32 am:

*White mock turtleneck
    *Grey wool cardigan sewn so that the "wrong" side of the weave is on the outside
    *Black cotton pants (men's, hemmed)
    *Red wool socks
    *Black shoes

My shoes are my favorite part of the ensemble. They're Simple slip-ons, black suede, mary-jane-esque, extremely comfortable. The coolest part about them are the toes. Instead of narrowing (as most shoes' toes do), these flare out, so that the toe part is wider than the rest of the shoe. It gives them a duck-like effect, which I think is so cute. The soles say "future" with an arrow at the toe and "past" with an arrow at the heel and "temptation resistant" (which I recognize as a nod to John Fluevog's "Satan resistant" shoes) in the middle.

By Lucy Phurre on Wednesday, November 17, 1999 - 11:47 am:

Which is nod to the Doc Martins "Oil, Acid, Petrol Resistant) soles, which, btw, are not heat resistant at all. I know somebody who melted part of the soles of her DMs drying them next to a campfire.
    I am wearing Lather's jeans and my warm, fluffy chenille sweater.
    I love chenille sweaters. I think that they are proof that there is good in the world after all.

By Patrick on Wednesday, November 17, 1999 - 11:50 am:

I know the tune I just forget the title JusMicelf.

Black cords, black ankle boots with buckles, black calvin tshirt vneck. tan socks

i never wear under wear

i got my hair cut, she left my chops long, took more off my bangs than I car for, thats ok, it grows fast....she did that keith richard thing again though.....it seems to turn the wifey on so rock on

By Semillama on Wednesday, November 17, 1999 - 12:52 pm:

sweater and jeans, sneakers. Being an archaeologist means you can dress however you want.

By Rhiannon on Wednesday, November 17, 1999 - 01:09 pm:

No, you have to give more details than that. What color is your sweater?

By MapleLeaf on Wednesday, November 17, 1999 - 02:39 pm:

black pants....white button down shirt with black/yellow tie....grey sports jacket....loafers..exec length sox....boxers.... photogrey glasses....a smile.

By Nate on Wednesday, November 17, 1999 - 02:52 pm:

creme/beige sweater, grey-green shirt, jeans.

By Cyst on Wednesday, November 17, 1999 - 03:35 pm:

stretchy black cotton pants I got in holland, where the girls are all tall and healthy. the waist is too big, though, and I have to fold down the waistband under a sweater.

black long-sleeved t-shirt (gap factory outlet).

charcoal-gray wool cardigan (woolrich).

black cotton socks (gap).

chelsea boots (nine west).

hey, rhiannon, is your gray cardigan really a weave or is it a knit?

if it's a knit, the backwards effect you are talking about means it's the purl side of a stockinette stitch. when I used to have jobs at which I could knit, I used to knit.

By mista swine on Wednesday, November 17, 1999 - 03:51 pm:

black pierre cardin overcoat.
    black textured four-button paulo solari suit.
    blue joseph and feiss shirt.
    dark muddy red/midnight blue/grey-speckle geoffrey beene tie.
    black textured socks.
    black bostonian strada shoes with platinum buckles.

i never wear underwear, either.

By Cyst on Wednesday, November 17, 1999 - 03:55 pm:

how often do you dress that fancy, swine? if infrequently, why today?

By Patrick on Wednesday, November 17, 1999 - 04:03 pm:

swine have you heard Blackeyed Peas? they are getting good reviews as of late

By Rhiannon on Wednesday, November 17, 1999 - 04:10 pm:

Umm, well, I don't know. All I know is, the "right" side (in this case, the side facing the skin) has a yarn pattern that looks like columns of interlocking V's, like most sweaters, so turn that inside out and you've got what my sweater looks like.

It's charcoal grey too.

By swine on Wednesday, November 17, 1999 - 04:10 pm:

i dress that way every time i go to a client site.
    i've been doing consulting since i quit my last fulltime gig. consulting usually requires dressing like a powerpig since most of the clients are in the legal/financial/insurance rackets. today, after i was through with the stiff-necked fucks at chase, i interviewed for another full-time gig in soho at a company founded by hippies.

i actually want this job.

if it works out, i'll be back in jeans and sweaters by the end of the month.

By Rhiannon on Wednesday, November 17, 1999 - 04:14 pm:

And my sweater's Pierre Cardin too. Not that that matters.

By swine on Wednesday, November 17, 1999 - 04:17 pm:

yeah. i've heard the blackeyed peas. there was some buzz about them this time last year. i think those are the good reviews you're talking about. i dunno. i gave them a listen and wasn't too impressed.

right now i'm just looking forward to new releases by common and d'angelo. mos def's new cd is out. it's supposed to be nice. the highlight will be when de la soul drops their three cd mega release. word on the street is that it'll be their swan song.
    no more native tongues. aint that a bitch.

By Cyst on Wednesday, November 17, 1999 - 04:18 pm:

not that anyone has expressed an interest, but.

there are two knitting stitches, knit and purl.

the most common knit is called stockinette. this looks like interlocking v's on one side (the knit side) and squiggly lines on the reverse side (the purl side).

you knit stockinette by doing alternate rows of all knit and all purl.

you make a rib knit by alternating knit and purl with every stitch (or every two stitches for a wider rib, etc.).

most sweaters are stockinette stitch with a rib knit at the waist, cuffs and collar.

a garter stitch is completely knit stitches. it looks a lot like what you make if you do all purl stitches, but I don't know what that's called.

I love sweaters.

By Agatha on Wednesday, November 17, 1999 - 09:17 pm:

i am wearing those same pants i talked about earlier. i am also wearing a charcoal gray sweater. i am wearing a white gravel pit tshirt underneath. i am wearing black boots, which i spilled acid on today at work. my day sucked ass. i hope you get the job, swine. i take it you have rejected the florida and new haven jobs, at this point.

By grandpa dolemite on Wednesday, November 17, 1999 - 09:49 pm:

no way in hell am i moving to boca raton.

the new haven project was put on a back burner for whatever reason. who knows. tech recruiters are flakes.

i hope i get the job, too.

consulting sucks.

By cyst on Thursday, November 18, 1999 - 12:58 am:

even if you get the cool new job, you'll still be crotchety, I hope?

it's strange to hear that everyone else is wearing black and charcoal gray too.

By heather on Thursday, November 18, 1999 - 01:52 am:

me too (black and gray)

By Lather on Thursday, November 18, 1999 - 03:36 am:

I'm wearing a camo-jacket and Lucy's panties.

By Gee on Thursday, November 18, 1999 - 07:22 am:

"crotchety" hehe. that's great.

Everytime I come here I'm wearing pajamas. I think.

By Jim aka PajamaBoy on Thursday, November 18, 1999 - 09:25 am:

Hey! Watch it -- I might have to sue for trademark violation!!!

By Patrick on Thursday, November 18, 1999 - 11:42 am:

grey cords, black v-neck clavin t, black ankle boots, grey socks, no underwear, black rimmed specs, 1 white gold wedding band

see a pattern here........?

By J on Thursday, November 18, 1999 - 11:59 am:

Yes,they won,t let you work in a loin cloth.their loss I,m sure.

By MapleLeaf on Thursday, November 18, 1999 - 12:03 pm:

Brown pants (Sansabelt).....tan buttondown shirt (Van Heuson).....brown/tan tie(Christian Dior).... camel hair sports jacket (Ports International) ....exec length black sox...loafers (Rockport) ..boxers (Joe's)

hhmmm...seems to be a pattern here also

By J on Thursday, November 18, 1999 - 12:10 pm:

Yea, every girl is crazy about a sharp dressed man,and you like boxers.

By Lucy Phurre on Thursday, November 18, 1999 - 12:24 pm:

So that's what happened to my panties.

By Patrick on Thursday, November 18, 1999 - 12:35 pm:

right J, no loin cloths allowed and sorry leaf......i would kill myself if i had to wear the monkey suit everyday

By MapleLeaf on Thursday, November 18, 1999 - 12:43 pm:

That's OK Patrick..I wouldn't feel comfortable unless I wore what I wear to work. It is diffucult to feel professional if you don't dress the part. Fridays are casual days and then I tend to dress down a bit.

I still wear a jacket though....need it to hide the shoulder holster :)

By MapleLeaf on Thursday, November 18, 1999 - 01:02 pm:

"A shoulder holster.....what the hell?"

I can just imagine the thoughts that initiated. The holster is for PENS....it's an advanced nerdish plastic pocket sleeve.

Geez......I can be a brat at times....sorry.

By Patrick on Thursday, November 18, 1999 - 01:03 pm:

whooooaaa

YOU A COP? if so I bet you have some cool stories

By Patrick on Thursday, November 18, 1999 - 01:04 pm:

ahhh, you probably sell insurance or something

By J on Thursday, November 18, 1999 - 01:08 pm:

I don,t think he does,I,m just glad I,m on his good side.

By MapleLeaf on Thursday, November 18, 1999 - 01:15 pm:

Nope....don't sell insurance or something... and you should all be glad you're on my good side ..........let's just say I have a 'high tech' job and Patrick wasn't far wrong.

Have a nice day!!!

By J on Thursday, November 18, 1999 - 02:54 pm:

Seeing as Maple is at work,I take it Maple isn,t the CSIS agent who got his car broke into at a Maple Leafs hockey game.

By J on Thursday, November 18, 1999 - 02:56 pm:

Seeing as Maple is at work,I take it Maple isn,t the CSIS agent who got his car broke into at a Maple Leafs hockey game.

By MapleLeaf on Thursday, November 18, 1999 - 03:01 pm:

Close.....geez......are you close!!!!!!
    Email on its way....should explain things.
    No I'm not the agent....but I know him...and he is looking for work today.

By J on Thursday, November 18, 1999 - 03:55 pm:

Oh,I feel sorry for him,our car was stolen right in front of my house last March,I,m sure he wasn,t expecting some low life to break into his car.I got your e-mail,you must have an exciting life,I,m jealous.

By Z on Thursday, November 18, 1999 - 04:07 pm:

And then there was the disc chock full o' spy agency contacts that another CSIS agent left in a phone booth. Speaking of "what are you wearing" was he/she doing a superman change of uniform and left it behind in the rush of things?

By Cyst on Thursday, November 18, 1999 - 07:53 pm:

I did a bad thing today.

I bought a little gray miniskirt. it was on sale for $49.95, which was still too much.

but then I went to pay for it, and it turns out it was really only $29.95.

but it's the thought that counts.

right now I'm wearing gray fleece pants and a black fleece top, but later on I'll be wearing the gray skirt with a black sweater.

I guess I wear black and gray pretty much every day, just like most of you.

By Cyst on Thursday, November 18, 1999 - 08:01 pm:

what I didn't buy today:

I went to nordstrom and found out they don't mark their anniversary sale items back up again afterward. that was neat. I saw a million sweaters I loved, especially the $128 cashmere cardigans, but there was nothing I could justify buying in my current financial situation.

at the gap there was nothing. I probably would have been tempted if I'd remembered to stop in the gap for women, but it's probably a good thing I didn't.

at j. crew I tried on a light heather gray (?) zip-up lambswool cardigan that was on sale for $39.99. I liked it a whole lot but didn't feel I could buy it. I also tried on a cream-colored wool gabardine miniskirt that was originally priced at $88 but was on sale for $22. I liked it, but I didn't love it.

then at banana republic, I bought the gray miniskirt and got my parking validated, so it's as if it only cost me $27.99. not too bad. I've wanted a miniskirt for months now.

By cyst on Thursday, November 18, 1999 - 08:22 pm:

I keep the banana republic catalog by my bed. it's like pictures of heaven, the angels are all tall, skinny women in sweaters and long, dark skirts.

I'm a little sad that these outfits are so popular now because that means they'll be passe next fall.

but still I'll go price them the day after christmas. and I'll definitely be wearing them in the hereafter:

http://bananarepublic.com/deptmain.asp?loc=woman&sid=

the two on the left especially.

oh yes.

By Rhiannon on Thursday, November 18, 1999 - 10:14 pm:

Which two on the left? That was an index.

Today I wore a dress. I never wear dresses, but I wanted to today for some reason. It is actually a maternity dress, from A Pea in the Pod...navy blue with light blue flowers on it, long sleeved, knee length, scoop kneck, empire waist, loose, stretchy. I love it.

I wore it with a navy silk cardigan, navy stockings, and navy penny loafers.

Do you know it's nearly impossible to find blue shoes? What gives? All the shoes I see in stores and catalogs are black or brown.

I wore my dark red velveteen pea coat over it.

I dressed up just to go to the campus center to check my mail and buy medicine. Then I came home and changed into my pajamas (the above grey pants and black shirt) and fell asleep for 2 hours.

But it was worth it.

By hydrozoa on Friday, November 19, 1999 - 12:20 am:

i saw blue doc martens today on broadway.

cyst, you are obsessed. and why aren't you tall and healthy, like all good dutch girls?

i am wearing black pants from express, a grey turtleneck from somwehere, black shoes from j. crew, and grey underwear from vicky's.

By Cyst on Friday, November 19, 1999 - 01:30 am:

I am tall and healthy, like all good dutch girls.

I had my blood pressure checked at rite-aid last week. it was not high.

By cyst on Friday, November 19, 1999 - 01:37 am:

oh, sorry, rhiannon. click on "by look" and then look at the two outfits on the left.

if you only wear gray, brown and black, then you don't have to worry about finding shoes in weird colors.

my outfit to the gore vidal lecture was pretty successful. I got downtown early and found parking near a bar with a shoe shine up front. I decided to check on prices there since I had time to kill, wanted my shoes shined, and there was a cute guy getting his done.

so I go in and ask the guy how much it would cost to get the bitch boots done and he said $5. the cute guy gave him a strong recommendation, and I said, well, I would, but I don't have $5.

so the cute guy offered to pay for my shoe shine. of course I said ok. he then hit on me a whole lot and gave me his business card with his email address and invited me to go out shooting with him.

he was in the military, though, and after that he was a cop. and he looks like my brother. and too nice to be in a bad story.

By Rhiannon on Friday, November 19, 1999 - 09:04 am:

Those are nice outfits. I especially like the skirt in the top left one and that 2-layered mohair turtleneck in the bottom middle one.

By Patrick on Friday, November 19, 1999 - 11:56 am:

today, I am wearing something a lil different. A SWEATER. a black armani sweater made of mostly of wool. the wife bought it for me, she dresses me at times, again, anything for the girl, my lack of self esteem at times lends me to her whims, she syas its sexy, i'm there. what do i care, actually i care a lot, i have my fair share of vanity.
    anyway, navy blue cords to match, black lock cut shit kickers.......

going to the museum of mod art tonight. they have 3 photography exhibits at once....with my blakc rimmed specs i will definite fit in as an art fag

By Hayden on Tuesday, November 23, 1999 - 05:32 pm:

I am wearing a light grayish-blue polo-style "Route 66" pullover from K-Mart, brown Cherokee pants from Target, gray Fruit of the Loom boxer briefs, beige Gold Toe "Fluffies" socks, brown leather Rockport shoes and a brown belt.

By Agatha on Tuesday, November 23, 1999 - 10:11 pm:

no offense, hayden, but that sounds like a not so great outfit you got yourself there. better luck tomorrow.

By NZAngel on Tuesday, November 23, 1999 - 10:33 pm:

Today I am dressed in my dead sisters skirt - long (to the floor) black georgette with a cream pattern, her cream cotton sweater, and my burgundy v neck cotton top.

(i'm not going to tell you what sort of underwear I wear)

By Patrck on Wednesday, November 24, 1999 - 11:02 am:

tan cords, dark grey socks, and a weird shit, lemm explain.......it's a weird rice chex patterned, sort alike long jons, only it's green brown and white....the sleeves are like jersey sleeves, that hit the midle of you arm which drive me nuts, so i have the scrunched in an orderly fashion above my elbows, black low cut shit kickers

By Hayden on Wednesday, November 24, 1999 - 02:01 pm:

Okay Agatha, Now I am wearing a light beige polo-style pullover from TJ Max with geometrical blue and green square designs, navy Dockers, black Fruit of the Loom boxer briefs, brown Gold Toe "Fluffies" socks, brown leather Rockport shoes and a brown belt AND a mostly-purple plaid flannel long-sleeve button down shirt over it all. Is that better?

By Nate on Wednesday, November 24, 1999 - 02:09 pm:

charcol kahkis, black priest's shirt, silver 80's rocker girl wig.

By Agatha on Wednesday, November 24, 1999 - 04:06 pm:

much better, hayden. what is the pullover made of? what are "fluffies"?

here is what i am wearing. you will notice that i am no fashion plate myself, especially on days like today where it is raining like a mother fucker.
    1. black underwear with bleach spots on them.
    2. black bra.
    3. navy blue wide wale llbean cords.
    4. gray tank top.
    5. dark gray lambswool old navy sweater.
    6. navy blue socks that i don't really like.
    7. green llbean chamois shirt, size xl.
    8. i was wearing black simple skateboarding sneakers, but now i am wearing no shoes at all.
    i have not brushed my teeth. the wind and rain out here is just incredible. my umbrella was ripped to shreds in the fifteen minutes i spent out of doors today. therefore, i am playing hookie from work.

By Hayden on Wednesday, November 24, 1999 - 04:16 pm:

You sound comfortable. Fluffies are just a line of of socks made by Gold Toe that are thicker than their other socks.

By Rhiannon on Wednesday, November 24, 1999 - 04:34 pm:

I am wearing:

*my black Mary Jane slip ons (Simple)
    *no socks
    *black cotton pants (The Limited)
    *black cotton t-shirt (2nd hand, well-worn, so comfy) with "Cop Shoot Cop" in white lettering and "White Noise" in red letters
    *red wool zippered cardigan (J. Crew)

I'd tell you what kind of underwear I have on, but I don't want to be accused of being a temptress again. Not that anything I say is tempting. But you never know who's listening....

By Nate on Wednesday, November 24, 1999 - 05:03 pm:

all women wear beige control top briefs.

i always picture spider in a green a blue plaid skirt with a white blouse. knee-high socks.

By Rhiannon on Wednesday, November 24, 1999 - 07:39 pm:

A) I don't.

B) I don't own a blue plaid skirt or knee-high socks. My school uniform (if you want to *ahem* adjust your imagination) had a skirt that had a grey background with navy and dark red plaid lines. Worn with regulation dark red sweater in the winter, white blouse, and dark red stockings. I didn't wear my hair in pigtails either, nor did I eat lollipops. Just so you know.

By cyst on Wednesday, November 24, 1999 - 08:03 pm:

where did you guys get your dark red stockings from?

that's a great uniform. I would wear that. with black mary janes, of course.

By hydrozoa on Wednesday, November 24, 1999 - 08:38 pm:

my mom wears beige control top briefs. "it's like she's not wearing any underwear at all!" creepy.

i am wearing black levi's, demolished j. crew boots, black cotton bikini briefs made in honduras, green velvet bra (tacky, yes, i know, but i bought it when i was about sixteen and never outgrew it), black oversized johnny-the-homicial-maniac t-shirt, glasses.

i'm so dark.

By semillama on Thursday, November 25, 1999 - 12:08 am:

i'm wearing the skin of Winnie Palmer.

Eeeyiiiiyiyiyiyiyiyi

By Gee on Thursday, November 25, 1999 - 12:51 am:

Pajamas. Again. Still.

Hey, this afternoon I came to Sorabji for a few minutes and I was dressed in real actual clothes! I don't know how to describe them, though. I don't seem to know all the little terms for different items of clothing. I was wearing black pants and a red and white stripped shirt. and Black hushp puppies. Oh, and my brand new blue monkey socks! They're socks with little monkey faces on them. They didn't really match, but I thought they were really cute.

I want to wear a nice blue shirt (which will look good with my new red hair) tomorow, but it's kind of low cut and I'm worried that the map library boy will think I'm trying to woo him with my body. Which I'm not.

My pajamas have little snowmen and hearts on them. There's a BIG hole in the knee from one time when I got paint stained right through them and I ended up peeling it off. I don't mind though. No one's going to see them. I have a new pair of pajamas with penguins on them that I'm saving for the next time I spend the night at someones (should that be "someone's"?) house.

By Patrick on Thursday, November 25, 1999 - 01:16 pm:

hey Gee do your jammies have the little booties on the feet?

otherwise......I am in true spirit of this thread, i am wearing nothing, ABSOLUTELY nothing at all, except perhaps a small alcohol layer via my pores from last night

control top briefs? is that the type of underwear that looks like panty hose and goes all they way up to your breasteseses

By cyst on Thursday, November 25, 1999 - 09:55 pm:

last night I asked him not to watch while I put my tights back on. the garment itself is ugly when seen in its entirety, and the act of putting them on cannot be done gracefully. at least not by me.

I also wore cute little nine west shoes instead of the bitch boots. and the new gray miniskirt that I love. and a sleeveless fitted black top that already smelled of smoke.

now I'm wearing my dad's uw sweatshirt because I got flour on my sweater when I was making the panettone.

By Gee on Friday, November 26, 1999 - 12:12 am:

No booties. I had a pair like that only a few short years ago (I have a tradition of buying a new pair of pajamas with a christmas theme every year and wearing them for the first time on Christmas Eve) and they were really uncomfterble. It was a one piece dealy, from the shoulders to the feet, and it...just try pulling your sweater down under your feet and walking around in it. Maybe they should have been bigger.

Also, I wore my blue shirt and had a little trouble keeping it in place all day today. Unfortunatly (or maybe fortunatly) the Map Library Boy wasn't in today. I'm assuming he was sick. Poor little boy.

I didn't have a good day. But I took pictures at the ROM and they turned out pretty good. The one of the Aphrodite bust I mentioned didn't turn out Great, but there's one of a woman with a baby that I really liked (based on a statue of Aphrodite with Eros) and I took two pictures of that one (one was a close-up of her breast with the baby's hand there. the hand was all that was left of the baby.). I really liked that statue. All the other pictures were of stone slabs and palettes and wotnot. I took pictures of the scribe's case, and the artists case.

By Patrick on Wednesday, December 1, 1999 - 05:08 pm:

black ankle boots with buckle, black cords, black v neck CK tee, wedding band , black rimmed glasses

By J on Thursday, December 2, 1999 - 11:26 am:

My Tweetie Bird pj,s.

By cyst on Thursday, December 2, 1999 - 08:05 pm:

I spent a fair percentage of my time at home today dancing around in my underwear (silver microfiber bikini and camisole). I looked at my ass in the mirror and tried to figure out how it would look if I were lying on my stomach. I need to know. but I was too lazy to figure out how to figure this out.

soon I will be getting some of my clothes from kiev! itsy-bitsy silk dresses that were designed just for me! a friend is flying from there to portland tomorrow, hurray!

I've also thought of another way to obtain more clothes.

my friend who works in a root canal office (endodontics?) showed her wedding photos to her boss, and her rich boss has kept asking her about the tall, dark-haired bridesmaid. to set her (me) up with his son, an mit grad who lives in san francisco and makes a lot of money at some computer thing.

so anyway. today my friend called me, telling me I had to go over there right away to meet her boss so he could figure out how to set me up with his son.

"I'm like, HELLO, it's like you're telling me I have to come in and apply for this job I don't even want. the position of some stranger's daughter-in-law. I mean, I know you think that I do a lot of weird things, but I hate getting real grownups involved."

"you have to let him meet you. he saw you in the wedding photos. he's rich. they're all rich. his son needs a date for new year's eve. they're renting some suites in the westin and space needle and having this huge catered thing."

"that totally fucking sounds like hell. but I guess I could say I have nothing to wear."

so I went over there and met him. the first thing he said was, "I've always wanted a tall daughter." whatever. later my friend told me he must have really liked me because he took one of his rubber gloves off to shake my hand. he never does that, she said.

no. I don't want to go. I don't want to hang out with fancy people in the fucking space needle as the date of some bay area geek just because some endodontist thought I looked good in a foofy dress. I want to get drunk, do drugs, dance slutty and kiss cute boys. or watch dick clark and play trivial pursuit with my parents. anything.

By Patrick on Thursday, December 2, 1999 - 08:09 pm:

i am so glad to hear you weren't tempted by a the size of a mans bank account

By cyst on Thursday, December 2, 1999 - 08:47 pm:

easy living always tempts me.

"it's just as easy to marry a rich man as a poor one," girls' mothers have said.

I've given them one of my email addresses. we'll see.

I'm wearing a leopard-print bra. a chick friend in seattle gave it to me. she said she had to buy new bras when she was on the pill because her tits got bigger, but now she can't wear them anymore. I also got a cute black velvet one from her.

I recently decided one of the guys I'm dating or whatever was permanent enough to get his number off just a slip of paper and into the little book and the list by the phone.

yesterday we were getting along really well and I added his whole address to my book. he wanted to see it. ("you're number 47, have a look," I told him. he's actually number 49.) he wrote something in it. I haven't checked to see what it says. let's see...

he put five stars by his name. "TOO CUTE / VERY SELFISH." I've told him he's way too cute for me and an asshole besides.

markus, sorabji and agatha have no notes beside their entries. I picked up a bunch of old postcards at a thrift store a few weeks ago, then stamped them all and put them in my bag with the address book. I thought it would be cool just to have a bunch of postcards with me, already stamped and ready to go. I forgot about them until tuesday, when I sent agatha an ominous message.

By agatha on Thursday, December 2, 1999 - 08:56 pm:

you scared me.

By Rhiannon on Thursday, December 2, 1999 - 09:05 pm:

So THAT'S why I went up another cup size this year! I was getting worried.

When I went home for thanksgiving I dug through my old clothes, and I found this shirt I used to wear in hs, and when I put the shirt on, it looked absolutely obscene. I was very upset, because it used to be one of my favorite things to wear.

It's orange and black, kind of tie-dyed looking but not really, long-sleeved, rayon (I think), sort of tight around the collar/shoulder/upper part and then it kind of blouses out around armpit height and hangs loose to the bottom...it always got a lot of compliments.

By Sarah on Friday, December 3, 1999 - 04:43 am:

semillama, you rock.

i only wish i knew your real name and could find your web page again.

love,
    sarah

By Sarah on Friday, December 3, 1999 - 04:45 am:

i'm sitting here touching my collar bone, which now sticks way out, and i'm getting a little creeped out by being able to feel my skeletal structure.

By Sarah on Friday, December 3, 1999 - 04:48 am:

i don't think i could wear a leopard print bra, unless i was wearing those high heeled slippers with fuzzy pink feathers on the toes.

By cyst on Friday, December 3, 1999 - 11:44 am:

I wore the leopard-print bra because I was on my way to the gym, but then I decided I had to go do other stuff instead.

I will never wear the leopard-print bra if I intend to take my shirt off before going back home. I'm in a hardcore matching-set phase, and I have nothing that goes with it.

By Patrick on Friday, December 3, 1999 - 11:49 am:

today.......

navy cords, low cut shit kickers, super fly belt with kick ass buckle, thin cotton sweater, tan, with the 3 buttons at the top and dooky brown/orange/black/white stripes around the biceps...thrift store fare.......black rimmed glasses....my head hurts

By cyst on Friday, December 3, 1999 - 06:11 pm:

today I'm wearing that bra that guy bought me, the one I wore on halloween ( http://homepages.msn.com/Terminus/comfortplus/index.html ).

wow. it is so great under a tight sweater. I didn't figure out that that was why people were being so nice to me today until I got home and changed.

I saw this guy I know through an old acquaintance, and he asked me out. I didn't say yes but gave him my email address.

some random, pretty woman told me, "you're a model, right?" I said no, and I asked her the same. she laughed and said no, "but if I looked like you, I would be."

the texaco guys were super nice. I let them wash all my windows, check my oil.

"friday," one of them said.

"is friday good?" I asked.

"yeah. isn't friday good for you?"

"every day is good for me," I said.

"are you on drugs?" he asked, smiling.

"not right now." I smiled back.

he laughed.

on my way home I saw a woman with really beautiful long, blond hair. she was sitting outside at a bakery. I wished I were sitting on the other side of the car. I would have rolled down my window and told her, "you have really pretty hair."

By Patrick on Monday, December 6, 1999 - 12:00 pm:

the wife dressed me, she scored her xmas bonus (basically 2x her monthly pay), she took me to banana republic, she was tired of the 5 pairs cords week in week out....SOOOO...today I am wearing a white v neck tee, its BR but I have had it for months, BUT the pants.....black chino, slim fits with seperate change pocket, i feel snazzy, low cut shit kickers......the men complemented me this morning, they notice shit like that.....

By J on Monday, December 6, 1999 - 12:21 pm:

Did any of them ask you if you had a lion in your pocket?

By Rhiannon on Monday, December 6, 1999 - 12:40 pm:

"I asked a pig if he wanted to dance
    He said, is that a .45 in your pants
    Or are you just glad to see me? (rim shot)"

--Cop Shoot Cop

By Patrick on Monday, December 6, 1999 - 12:44 pm:

eh J???? i got something in my er...pants...not sure if it's feline though

i am feeling the ground rumble......

By J on Monday, December 6, 1999 - 12:49 pm:

that means it,s ready to roar,lol,score.

By Patrick on Monday, December 6, 1999 - 01:09 pm:

i had a great time last night, the wifey goes to japan tommorow.......:-(

By Jim aka Pajama on Tuesday, December 7, 1999 - 08:22 am:

Patrick- check your mailbox later this week. I'm gonna mail you one of my photographs. I meant to do it when I got yours, but I just could not find the one I wanted to send you. Found it yesterday while rooting through my brief case.

Hmmm. Sorabji.com and briefcases don't seem to go along do they?

Let me rephrase. "Found it yesterday while rooting through my magic bag of leather." Heh.

I by all means do not consider myself a photographer. Never took any classes. But I think I know what looks good. Included will be the Christmas card I made last year. I'm running late developing this year's card. I have the photo I want to use, but it's a matter of getting it scanned (my flippin' scanner is broke), and printed out at Kinko's, which ain't zactly cheap.

I wonder what ever happened to that $50K check from Nate. It's probably "in the mail."

By Patrick on Tuesday, December 7, 1999 - 11:44 am:

thats super Jim, since the wifey is gone, my flight simulator, my mail and my cats will keep me enetertained. this is also the last week of school so I am kinda bummed about that too, now i have to pay $5/hour for darkroom again until i get my bonuses and buy my equipment for at home owrk after the new year.....I AM SO EXCITED, our house in big bear is booked, so far it's 5 of us, 4 nites 5 days over new years, hiking, nature photography, mushrooms, vitamin c, cheeba, whisky, fireplace, and hopefully some snow......i am hoping to hook up with a one of those large inner tubes and "sled" down a hill....YAAAYYYYYY!!!!

By Czarina on Tuesday, December 7, 1999 - 01:16 pm:

Patrick, get a BIG piece of visquene[sp?], you know that thick plastic, and put a bunch of people
    on it,one behind the other, and you'll be amazed how fast it will go downhill,word of caution,not best to be the last person,cause that one often gets bounced off

By Patrick on Tuesday, December 7, 1999 - 01:20 pm:

but he has the easiet way to bail when that pine tree is emminent.........

By Czarina on Tuesday, December 7, 1999 - 01:37 pm:

sorry,I had to cut my post short, I was in the middle of negotiating on some ancient coins, and was trying to slip a last minuet sneak bid in, and cut my own throat, lost by 15 seconds!!DAMNNNNNN
    oh well, there'll be others
    but, if while sledding on the plastic, there is any kind of "bump" you go over, it will bounce a bunch of you off, usually pretty fun. But do be careful if you do any "hookey-bobbing", I've heard of some terrible accidents, probably not worth the risk!

By cyst on Tuesday, December 7, 1999 - 02:32 pm:

I'm still wearing the shirt and sweater I wore last night.

I'm still using the last-few-weeks-of-1--- as an excuse to act like a kid.

last night I drank cheap beer and smoked a bowl in the car and saw a movie with the cute waiter. we got in free because he comps the theater cashier at the restaurant.

it's wrong. I should be dating one of the wing-tipped corporati.

after movies we should be going back to their large homes in the west hills to drink local 1994 chardonnay, not the last of their roommates' miller. we should watch one of their million cable tv channels instead of old pornos they stole when they used to work at fantasy video. their major interest should be their stock portfolio, not skateboarding.

fuck.

By Jim aka Pajama on Tuesday, December 7, 1999 - 04:22 pm:

Patrick-

I think it would be fun to do that naked.

(sledding, not receiving mail.)

By Patrick on Tuesday, December 7, 1999 - 04:34 pm:

if i didn't know better, i'd think you are coming on to me there mr. jim

By Rhiannon on Tuesday, December 7, 1999 - 04:55 pm:

Jim, what happened to your "boy"? Or did you already explain that and I just missed it?

By Jim aka Pajama on Tuesday, December 7, 1999 - 04:59 pm:

Patrick I would never hit on a straight married man. Not my style. However, I'd let you hit on me. ;-)

Rhiannon, um... like... which boy? There are so many I obsess over.

By Rhiannon on Tuesday, December 7, 1999 - 05:02 pm:

No, as in "pajamaboy"....why did the "boy" get amputated? You don't just cut off part of your identity for no reason!

By Jim aka Pajama on Tuesday, December 7, 1999 - 05:09 pm:

oh... I did explain that somewhere, but I don't remember where. I decided that at 30, I no longer qualified to be a boy. I changed my name elsewhere to Pajama^ so I did the same here for conformity.

:-)

By semillama on Tuesday, December 7, 1999 - 08:43 pm:

Please remind me how ^ is pronounced, otherwise I may be tempted to call you "The Poster Formely Known as Pajamaboy" [grin]

By Gee on Thursday, December 9, 1999 - 02:36 am:

How odd. I read this post this afternoon and I was sure Rhiannon had said it. Oh well. Rhiannon, Semillama, what's the difference, really?

By J on Thursday, December 9, 1999 - 06:09 am:

Stranded,stranded on the toilet bowl,,what do you do when your stranded and you can,t find a roll?To prove you,re a man you must wipe with your hand..and then on the wall.

By Zoe on Monday, May 31, 2004 - 09:30 pm:

im wearing a panty girdle and a padded bra

By Spider on Monday, May 31, 2004 - 10:31 pm:

I have absolutely no memory of the Pierre Cardin reverse-knit grey cardigan I supposedly wore in college, nor the men's hemmed cotton pants. I still have that maternity dress, though.

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact