I am looking for the perfect bra

sorabji.com: What are you wearing?: I am looking for the perfect bra
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By
Margret on Tuesday, May 2, 2000 - 11:07 am:

Still.
    I have a love thing for sports bras, but I think I ought to be able to purchase something to wear with tank tops and the like.

By patrick on Tuesday, May 2, 2000 - 11:46 am:

this girl i was photographing the other day had this nifty bra with a draw string-like mechanism that could pull her tits together for super clevage. i thought that was clever.

By Rhiannon on Tuesday, May 2, 2000 - 12:09 pm:

Victoria's Secrets sells tank tops with bras built in them. I don't know how much support they give though. Support is key.

By J on Tuesday, May 2, 2000 - 01:04 pm:

They have bras for wearing tank tops,I think they are called t-backs.

By Isolde on Tuesday, May 2, 2000 - 02:35 pm:

Victoria's Secret makes really nice bras....

By Dougie on Tuesday, May 2, 2000 - 02:56 pm:

Sounds interesting, Patrick. Can you post them?

By patrick on Tuesday, May 2, 2000 - 03:25 pm:

naw

By moonit on Tuesday, May 2, 2000 - 03:56 pm:

Dammit I bought a new bra the other day - decided to wear it and it squeaked.
    I hate bra shopping.

By Margret on Tuesday, May 2, 2000 - 04:10 pm:

Mmmmmmoooooonit, when you say it 'squeaked,' what the hell do you mean? Je ne comprends pas this squeaked. Your boobies squeak? Is the bra plastic? Does it look good but just make funny noises?

By moonit on Tuesday, May 2, 2000 - 04:33 pm:

My boobies do not squeak dammit. Its the bra - cause its new, (and probably I should I bought the same brand I always do), but no I had to try something new and it must be the underwire or something - I havent fully investigated it yet, after all it cost me $49.95 I dont wanna rip into it and see what the hell is going on, but prehaps I should.

By J on Tuesday, May 2, 2000 - 05:18 pm:

You paid that much for a bra?

By Rhiannon on Tuesday, May 2, 2000 - 06:14 pm:

I think they're more expensive in NZ (someone on here from that area said they paid $60 for a bra, I'm sure of it).

But I did see one in the VS catalog that was $68 dollars. [insert hydraulics joke here]

By moonit on Tuesday, May 2, 2000 - 06:58 pm:

Did they pay $60 NZ or $60US? Cause thats the one thing thats gonna be tricky 4 me when I get to the US - the kiwi dollar is worth 50c US. Anyway nice bras are expensive here, good sports bras are worth about $50-$60.

By Isolde on Tuesday, May 2, 2000 - 07:24 pm:

Yeah...they were getting really into expensive bras at VS. The Angle bras, for example, got totally out of control. I like their second skin satin.

By heather on Tuesday, May 2, 2000 - 07:34 pm:

what is the deal?

i need bras
    lots of them
    good ones

going without is not an option

they are terrible and too expensive

and they wear out just when they get to be perfect

maybe this is a business opportunity

By J on Tuesday, May 2, 2000 - 07:58 pm:

I,ve gotten Victoria Secret bra,s cheap at Ross Marshall,s.

By Isolde on Tuesday, May 2, 2000 - 08:10 pm:

Sometimes they have sale bins too, if you have a sort of unusual size (like me). It is wierd that bras are so expensive to make, though. They don't _look_ like they require that much effort/fabric, so production costs should be pretty low. It's a mystery.

By moonit on Tuesday, May 2, 2000 - 10:14 pm:

it annoys me when a bra gets to be comfy and then the wire starts poking u in the armpit.
    or falls out in the washing machine

By Antigone on Tuesday, May 2, 2000 - 11:29 pm:

I am looking for the perfect ManBra.

By Isolde on Tuesday, May 2, 2000 - 11:40 pm:

That's why I always handwash mine. It's a pain, but they last longer that way.
    Antigone:
    Wonderbra might do it (stuffed).
    I would go with coconut shells, actually...

By Celia on Wednesday, May 3, 2000 - 05:07 am:

Handwashing's the only way to go...I have small, sloped shoulders and I hate having to deal with bra straps falling down all the time.

By patrick on Wednesday, May 3, 2000 - 01:19 pm:

the imagery of your mantits antigone has ruined my herculean impression of you

By J on Wednesday, May 3, 2000 - 01:26 pm:

I saw some man on tv who had breast implants,he was real proud of them.Some friend of his dared him to do it and paid for his boobies,he only had to keep them for a year,but after the year was up he still kept them.What some people won,t do for attention!!

By Antigone on Wednesday, May 3, 2000 - 07:51 pm:

I'm still Herculean. They're quite hairy.

By simon on Wednesday, May 3, 2000 - 10:24 pm:

If bras aren't supposed to make noises, how did we come up with the terms "honkers" and "hooters?"

By Star on Saturday, May 6, 2000 - 10:50 pm:

My bras start to squeak, and i hate it. And when I decide that a bra is my favorite, and it is so comfortable and flattering, it ends up tearing up. And with a 36 DDD, it is not easy to find a sexy bra. And VS bras make me have spill-over cause they are too low cut. I want a perfect bra, so I can be happy again!!

By Gee on Wednesday, May 10, 2000 - 01:51 am:

I've noticed that the bigger your boobs are, the fewer sexy bras you can find. All the Really good bras are made for A's and B's.

By patrick on Wednesday, May 10, 2000 - 01:02 pm:

As and Bs are best

By heather on Wednesday, May 10, 2000 - 01:30 pm:

shut up patrick

some things aren't a matter of choice you know

By patrick on Wednesday, May 10, 2000 - 01:44 pm:

well of course.......i should have added i do not discriminate

By moonit on Wednesday, May 10, 2000 - 03:51 pm:

well thats alright then.

Mine are getting smaller (boobs I mean). I'm not sure if I'm happy about that or not.

I am because it means the rest of me is shrinking, and I'm getting lower sizes, but it also means the girls are getting smaller.

I think I would rather be healthy than overweight.

By Star on Wednesday, May 10, 2000 - 04:00 pm:

I hate not being able to find a sexy bra that also gives support, and isn't too expensive, or low-cut. the bras at Fredrick's of Hollywood are cute, but are too low-cut for just an average day at school. I need new bras, I want a bra of a color that isn't tan or some off-white color!!! I want a new bra, one that won't stab me in the tit!

By Rhiannon on Wednesday, May 10, 2000 - 06:17 pm:

Yeah, doesn't that hurt? And you can't fix it in public, so you have to suffer until you can find a good place to do it. Jeez.

And if I were snotty, I would say that the reason that A- and B-cup bras are so nice is so that the people who wear them have something to feel good about. But I'm not snotty, so forget I said that.

By Star on Wednesday, May 10, 2000 - 06:59 pm:

I think that is what it is Ri...I am not snotty either,so, forget I said it.

By Dougie on Wednesday, May 10, 2000 - 07:35 pm:

Maybe once y'all find some nice bras that you like, you could post pictures of yourselves wearing them. I'm sure nobody'd mind.

By patrick on Wednesday, May 10, 2000 - 08:28 pm:

yeah right dougie.....stick around and wait for that to happen. i'd post a pic of me in a bra before Rhiannon would.....(no offense dear)

By Rhiannon on Wednesday, May 10, 2000 - 08:32 pm:

No offense taken. You are correct, sir.

By Isolde on Thursday, May 11, 2000 - 12:48 am:

It's really hard to find a bra in an unusual size that looks/feels nice. It's like they assume if you're sporting D's that you want a bra as uncomfortable as possible, and in some ugly colour. It's really obnoxious.
    Then again, the size changes a little. I'm a C in the Victoria's Secret line, but a D in the Olga line. Go figure. It's highly irritating. Oh well.
    I've settled for VS Second Skin Satin, which I believe I have said before, but still stand by. Very comfortable bra, not overly sexy, but it does the job.
    Or at least, I think so.
    But I'm not going to take a picture. By the way, what happened with the nude pcitures that Nate has?

By Gee on Thursday, May 11, 2000 - 01:08 am:

does anyone know what the average breast size for a woman is?

By Rhiannon on Thursday, May 11, 2000 - 01:41 pm:

36C

By heather on Thursday, May 11, 2000 - 02:09 pm:

hey

make your own bra

By Star on Thursday, May 11, 2000 - 04:40 pm:

Well, I have yet to find that bra that is comfortable, and sexy..in fact, my favorite bra, from Fredrick's of Hollywood, just broke today. While I was at school, I felt it poking me in my tit, and I could have screamed!! Stupid crappy bra!

By Dougie on Thursday, May 11, 2000 - 04:55 pm:

Yeah, I'm still looking for that perfect jockstrap. One that looks really macho from the outside, one that looks like it hurts to wear it, and that makes me look like I'm hung like a grey whale, yet unbeknownst to the beholder, is actually lined with plush rabbit fur, to keep my boys snug and cozy and comfy.

By Isolde on Thursday, May 11, 2000 - 11:13 pm:

We always have that problem with the SCA...(jockstraps are required, and they have to fit just right...otherwise a badly aimed blow could, uh, slice 'm off). It seems like every time I go to the city I'm dragged into department stores looking for the "ideal" strap. It's no fun. The clerks always look mystified when they see a bunch of men trooping up to the counter, oly to part to let the credit card (me) through...They haven't found a brand that works yet, but if they do, I'll pass the word.

By Dougie on Friday, May 12, 2000 - 09:17 am:

What's the SCA, and why are you paying for these men?

By cyst on Friday, May 12, 2000 - 09:36 am:

the society for creative anachronism, a bunch of geeks who dress up like medieval knights and quote monty python at length.

By Dougie on Friday, May 12, 2000 - 09:55 am:

Cool. Can I join? I say ni a lot, and I love shrubbery. I'm also well practiced at dressing up -- my cat and me have dress up parties all the time. She looks so cute in the little dresses and bonnets I sew for her, and I look damn fine in high heels.

By J on Friday, May 12, 2000 - 01:26 pm:

I have silver sleeves.

By patrick on Friday, May 12, 2000 - 01:30 pm:

i fart in your general direction!

By Dougie on Friday, May 12, 2000 - 01:48 pm:

What are silver sleeves, J?

By Dougee on Friday, May 12, 2000 - 01:52 pm:

Fawlty Towers is great too. How many variations of the name on the sign out front have you noticed? All I can remember are

Flowery Twats
    and
    Watery Rats
    and
    Fatty Owls

Anybody?

By J on Friday, May 12, 2000 - 03:24 pm:

I can,t remember the skit,I just remember some looney wiping his nose on his sleeve,and going silver sleeves,over and over.

By Dougie on Friday, May 12, 2000 - 04:34 pm:

I'd thought I'd seen them all; must've missed that one.

By J on Friday, May 12, 2000 - 06:23 pm:

It could have been in one of their movies,this is why it,s not so good to smoke pot and drink alot.I can,t remember anything anymore.My friends won,t even call me past 10 p.m. cause they figure I,m gone by then and they get pissed if I don,t remember our convesation the night before.I always liked Ab Fab but I,ve seen all the ones on comedy central.

By Dougie on Friday, May 12, 2000 - 06:49 pm:

I think I'll rent me some MP this weekend.

By J on Friday, May 12, 2000 - 08:47 pm:

Rent Polyester by John Waters,if that doesn,t crack you up,you can call me a ho.

By cyst on Saturday, May 13, 2000 - 07:42 pm:

I often look to the people who brought you People magazine for personal validation.

In Style, which started off as a People magazine spinoff in the mid-90s, is People without the people, just the celebrities. And that's why it's better. If I cared about orphans and beauticians and cancer patients and high school shootout survivors, I'd ... well, I can't imagine what. I would never be personally interested in personal-interest stories about the unattractive and dull. (Unless someone made them into a movie, and then only to see if they resembled the star who played them.)

But In Style is all good. Its favorite story subjects have lots of names and homes. And it tells you how you can be just like them. While the upscale New York fashion magazines are prettier and glossier and classier, they're not very instructive. They're for flipping through in bookstores or airports, where someone might see you. In Style magazine is strictly for the gym, which, unlike, say, Barnes and Noble, only the truly desperate could ever regard as a pickup place.

When I get there, I look for In Style first. And then I always look at the date. If it's not one of the two most recent issues, I don't pick it up. Because here in Portland, it's OK to wear what Hollywood vixens had on three months ago, but if you want to adopt a six-month-old look, you'd better head for the suburbs.

So a couple nights ago, I found a still valid In Style magazine, and it had very, very good news. Sarah Jessica Parker and some other actress wore fish-net stockings! And In Style said it was OK!

I should have known. They're are part of the current DKNY hosiery line -- that alone should have been sufficient justification. But here I had photographic evidence that fish-net stockings weren't just for sluts anymore. In Style, ever mindful of their followers' need for explicit direction, said to look for brands with a touch of lycra to avoid "sausage legs."

Just after I bought them, I saw Dave Eggers guy. Well, practically everyone is Dave Eggers guy now. Everyone talks about the book, mentions it in their personals ads, puts it on the agenda for their reading groups. The only thing they don't seem to do is read it. Well, I haven't, anyway.

I offered to show him my new shoes.

"They're cute. What else did you buy?"

"Oh, some fish-net stockings. It's OK to wear them now, you know."

"I want to see."

I started pulling them out of my bag.

"No, I don't want to see them in the bag. That's just fabric. I want to see them ON," he said.

"Well, I'm going to wear them tonight. Maybe you would see me if you went to Shanghai Tunnel."

"Where's that?"

"You've never been to Shanghai Tunnel? It's in Old Town. It used to be a shanghai tunnel."

"What's a shanghai tunnel?"

"Do you know what 'shanghai' means?" I asked in my most condescending voice. Guys love to be abused, or so I'd heard.

"Yes, I know what 'shanghai' means. It means to be mugged, right?"

"Yeah, sort of," I said generously. "It's more specific, though. It's when they used to get men really drunk, until they passed out, and then kidnap them and put them on boats to work as sailors, and they'd just sail away. This place is underground and there used to be passages to the waterfront."

All he wanted was to see a hot chick in fishnets, and instead he was getting vocabulary and history lessons. Sometimes I like to think I can turn flirting into something like theatrical performance, get interesting and telling things said, but other times I think what's really going on is that I'm completely inept. I'm not liked for my charm but despite my lack of it.

But he acted interested. It's a good story. I almost started telling him more about Portland of old, about the floating whorehouse and the haunted tavern and the iron hitching posts in the sidewalk a few blocks away. Maybe I would have if I had been wearing the stockings -- then I could have been sure he would have let me finish. I've been avoiding all situations in which someone could cut me off.

I don't want to finish telling the fish-net story. There's no surprise ending. I wore them. They work. They drive men wild. But who would want to do a stupid thing like that?

By Gee on Sunday, May 14, 2000 - 04:42 am:

cyst, will you show me the link to the page of your pictures? I know you posted it a bunch of times waybackwhen, but I have no idea where.

By cyst on Sunday, May 14, 2000 - 01:44 pm:

I'm sick of those old photos. I got two rolls of new ones back yesterday. I'm going to scan them in as soon as I hook up the scanner with the cords that are in my lap.

here's one link: http://www.speakeasy.org/~tvc15/cyst

I'm skinnier now.

By Isolde on Sunday, May 14, 2000 - 02:13 pm:

I don't see how much skinnier you could get (Kiev photos). But ok...and if the cords are in your lap, does this mean we get a new installment of photos soon?

By cyst on Sunday, May 14, 2000 - 04:36 pm:

By cyst on Sunday, May 14, 2000 - 06:29 pm:

oh. it does work.

if you're bored, please look at the 10 photos in the corpus directory and tell me which you like best. I'm working on a little "art" project.

By cyst on Monday, May 15, 2000 - 10:05 am:

By patrick on Monday, May 15, 2000 - 01:19 pm:

favorite

Do you have any other lense other than a 50?
    Frame closer......otherwise good work.

Has your hair really gotten that long or was that a wig?

By patrick on Monday, May 15, 2000 - 01:20 pm:

By drippy on Monday, May 15, 2000 - 02:15 pm:

i like what patrick likes. i'm curious to know what kind of "art" project this is. i am, coincidentally, reading an article about the photographer cindy sherman - "I took a picture of myself just standing in a room of the apartment I shared with Robert, stark naked, like a a deer in headlights. After that, I did more pictures using my body, distorting it by weird angles. I guess that was the beginning of using myself."

By patrick on Monday, May 15, 2000 - 02:38 pm:

that image amongst other in her "film still" collection are some of my most fav cindy sherman images........although thats a strange quote because i have never seen her do any nudity....

by the way cyst...not to completly wank on technical fodder but what kind of film did you use? brand and speed?

By Drippings on Monday, May 15, 2000 - 02:59 pm:

patrick: the one after the "film still" is an altered nude - a renaissance madonna done hollywood style.

By drip on Monday, May 15, 2000 - 03:02 pm:

i use "altered nude" and "renaissance madonna" like i now what the hell i'm talking about.

By Dougie on Monday, May 15, 2000 - 03:18 pm:

She looks like a cross-eyed version of that short chick who's on Saturday Night Live who always does the annoying cheerleader routine

By patrick on Monday, May 15, 2000 - 03:24 pm:

all of the "nudes" she has done involve her using plastic bodies and various parts such as that. She has never revealed her own body. If you dig, i recommend this

more of her stuff can be seen here

By Dougie on Monday, May 15, 2000 - 03:27 pm:

Patrick, she looks like the kid from Deliverance in your first link of 3:24 pm

By patrick on Monday, May 15, 2000 - 03:29 pm:

crosseyed? dougiefresh, she is one of the greatest self protrait artists EVER, i have seen countless photos, hardly crosseyed.....she is a genius costume designer, ya betta recognize

By patrick on Monday, May 15, 2000 - 03:31 pm:

thats the whole point, after you get done looking at that book Retrospective, it's unfucking believable that when she is not using dummies and manequins.. she is dressing her self up...she looks that way becasue that was intentional. she is the ultimate thrift shop whore, and this was back in the late 70s and early 80s

By Dougie on Monday, May 15, 2000 - 03:40 pm:

Yeah, in drippy's link/posting of 2:15, and your link/posting of 3:24, I say she's

a) A cross-eyed Cheri Oteri

b) The kid in Deliverance (with better hair and teeth)

By droop on Monday, May 15, 2000 - 03:41 pm:

according to *the new yorker*, she is also "friendly, warm, considerate and even-tempered - qualities that we do not ususally associate witha artistic ego...."

and she occasionally dates steve martin.

By patrick. on Monday, May 15, 2000 - 03:50 pm:

i thought she was quite hilarious in Very Bad Things, when she popped in to offer the kid valium

By Isolde on Monday, May 15, 2000 - 04:03 pm:

Like the photo's, Cyst.

By Dougie on Monday, May 15, 2000 - 04:21 pm:

Yes, Cyst. They're very nice. My fav is the one Patrick linked to too.

By patrick on Monday, May 15, 2000 - 04:50 pm:

i was looking at again, Most seem to agree with me, so i wanted to be sure.

and I noticed.......that looks like a really neato top!!!! i bet it looks super from behind.....it reminds me of a beaded entrance, to something, not sure what, but perhaps i could leave that for you decide.

By patrick on Monday, May 15, 2000 - 04:52 pm:

oh and another thing, i see that in this photo it's not actually your hair, but maybe a towel or jacket hanging, so disregard my previous inquiry as to your hair lenght.

By Isolde on Monday, May 15, 2000 - 05:34 pm:

I liked the ones on the third page, actually, but...I was looking at your old pictures the other day, I loved the ones from France...

By Dougie on Monday, May 15, 2000 - 08:13 pm:

Patrick, I'm not a photography buff, so forgive me if I seem boorish, but I looked at her stuff, and I was like, "Yeah? So? Greatest Self-Portrait Arist? I don't get it." Sorry, I still think she should title the first one, "Cross-eyed, laying on bed" and the 2nd, "Banjo Dreams."

By cyst on Monday, May 15, 2000 - 08:50 pm:

I skimmed that cindy sherman article at lunch today.

droopy, her older work is much more interesting. I love those elaborate sets she set up.

patrick, the shots that don't look all texturized and fucked up were shot with kodak tmax 3200, 1/60, god, I don't know, somewhere around f8.

the crappy ones were standard fujicolor 400. 1/60 and with the aperture wide open, probably. I scanned them in as b&w pictures.

I don't especially like any of these photos, although I think I look great. I wasn't holding the camera still enough on the 400s; I wasn't doing anything to compensate for my lack of depth of field with the aperture so wide on the 400s; I wasn't framing my shots well; the background is way, way too busy.

I have a couple more rolls, all more explicit, still at the developers. one's another roll of 3200, and the other is color fuji 1600. I think as I got sluttier, I also got more careful. that evening started off with me just wanting to polish off a roll of film. then I raided the refrigerator for the rest of what I had.

I bought my first roll of c-41 b&w this weekend. I was totally suggestible and got the kodak select because the clerk said it was better than the ilford. hey, patrick, do you know if there are any c-41s faster than 400? and are they worth the convenience? I mean, for the dumb crap that I'm doing. true b&w costs so much.

By cyst on Monday, May 15, 2000 - 08:58 pm:

oh, the art project is more like a _______ little present.

what word would go there? what word would fit the analogy:

pyrrhic is to victory as _______ is to gift?

I bought a little photo album that must have been first purchased at a gift shop many, many years ago. it has a naugahyde cover, and it says "yellowstone park" and behind a little plastic cover there's a snapshot of a grizzly bear.

the inside pages are black construction paper. I am going to fill them with selected prints of these 100+ photos I've taken.

then I'm going to send it off to a friend, who won't know what to do with it. I'll tell him it's ok to throw them away, but he probably won't. it won't matter; I got doubles.

By Dougie on Tuesday, May 16, 2000 - 08:38 am:

ostentatiously superfluous

By patrick on Tuesday, May 16, 2000 - 12:34 pm:

stay away from c-41. it's crap film. only used it once and was thoroughly disgusted. I have no idea of the availability of it.

you are better off with the tmax 3200 (my personal staple)....or tmax or triX 400. Now i usually push all of my films 1-2 stops (i.e. 3200 to 6400 for ULTRA SEXY grain and tmax OR trix 400 to 1600, 2 stop for ultra sexy grain)

i always opt for faster film simply because i can use a higher aperture, and i am sure you have learned by now, anything below an 8 is rarely desireable. I never shoot below 8 if i don't have too or unless its intentional. your depth of field goes to shit.......your resolution can suffer.

also, that allows me to shoot without flash, as you are doing, under dim lit situations.

HOWever, if you are outdoors in full sun and are looking to try some inexpensive, but kick ass film, give AGFA Pan films a try. They are usually cheap, I get rolls of 36 for around $3 or so. Try the 25, 50, 100. The fifty is only made in europe so some stores may not have it. I always push these films one stop, (i.e. 25 to 50, 100 to 200 and so on)

AFGA films have fine resolution and their slower films are stellar under sunlit conditions.

however while i am wanking all this technical crap to make myself feel knowledgeable (thank you for askign a question)...if you push your films, you have to advise your lab how many stops. I assume you go to the regular joe labs on the corner......yes? if not GOOD, you really need a professional lab if you are going to start pushing your film.

By patrick on Tuesday, May 16, 2000 - 01:24 pm:

which work are your referring to cyst, cindy sherman that is? her "Film Stills", the b&ws? If so, I agree....her color work and later work is a little more confrontational and unsettling, i think it's just as brilliant but her somewhat retro looking (even for the late 70s), b&w s are by far more fun to look at.

By Dougie on Tuesday, May 16, 2000 - 02:48 pm:

I'm always amazed at how good the pictures look from the disposable cameras. I got a disposable underwater camera for my trip to Baja, and the colors of the fish and reefs are really vivid.

By patrick on Tuesday, May 16, 2000 - 04:12 pm:

yeah some of my photos on my site were takin with a $13 dollar plastic camera, such as this one

it has a plastic lense, with only 4 distance settings, and a sun/no sun option it.

total piece off shit but takes some neato photos

By cyst on Wednesday, May 17, 2000 - 01:57 am:

I got more back tonight. they were dropped off at the same time as the other, tamer roll, but they took four more days to get back from the lab. I wonder why.

I wish I could take a good photo of my back. when I stretch, I can count every rib. but it's not gross, it's beautiful.

I e-mailed some of the photos to a friend in california and he called me that night. he was very sweet. he said he liked them.

"THANK YOU," he said. "they totally made my whole day."

"oh really? what did you like about them?"

"I look at these photos and I see a girl who really needs to be FUCKED. oh my god, you have perfect breasts. I've jacked off to that one once already today. if you were here, I would try to seduce you. what I want you to do is ride me. I want to play with your tits and see your beautiful face while you ... oh god ... I'm hurting myself. these pants."

"please don't hurt yourself. hey, listen, I have to go."

"yeah, me too. I'm supposed to go out to dinner in a few minutes, but I think I need to come again before I go. I can't go out like this. christ, these photos are incredible."

"I'm really glad I could help. have a nice time. I'll talk to you later, ok? bye."

I didn't really mind. I thought he would ask me to stay on the phone, but he didn't. I love when they keep that respectful distance.

By Isolde on Wednesday, May 17, 2000 - 07:53 pm:

Whoa. I'm not sure I'd be cool with the idea of someone masturbating to me several times a day. But whatever.
    Maybe this roll got shuffled to the bottom of a stack? You should have gotten doubles so you could send the extras to the lab...(Actually, Patrick correct me if I'm wrong), but I think they have big machines now and don't even see what they develop.
    Anway. You'll have to post this new roll.

By patrick on Wednesday, May 17, 2000 - 08:03 pm:

they see it, someobody has to put it in the envelopes.

By Isolde on Wednesday, May 17, 2000 - 11:05 pm:

Yeah, I guess so hunh. Nevermind. I thought maybe they had a dispenser that popped it in the envelopes, but...anyway. It's more fun to think the lab drooled over them anyway.
    I remember in high school when a friend took a nude roll which I happened to be in and developed it in the high school darkroom...damn. I guess technically it wasn't very legal of us, but she said the photography class had really high attendance for a day or so.
    Hm. Anyway. That's a different case altogether.

By cyst on Thursday, May 18, 2000 - 01:04 am:

I've had select prints taken from rolls I've had developed commercially.

I've had doubles made of select photos in rolls I only asked for singles for. (apparently they forgot to retrieve them before they gave them to me.)

I've had male friends pick up my photos for me and the clerk has told them to say hi to their friend for him.

I've had friends who have worked at photo shops give me prints of weird photos they've come across.

the photo people look.

By patrick on Thursday, May 18, 2000 - 12:03 pm:

i had sex photos made at the local quickie photo lab once. we went in, and said to the studious chinese lab guy, "these are sex photos ok?" he said "ya ya no problem , 1 hour!" he said it with such enthusiasm we should have been alarmed, then we thought, this guy has probably seen it all, so who gives a rats ass. there was never an issue.

By Isolde on Thursday, May 18, 2000 - 08:12 pm:

There rarely is. I guess they get a kick out of it. The job might be kind of dull otherwise...

By V on Saturday, April 30, 2005 - 09:27 pm:

...but what is a perfect bra,what is it expected to do,up,down,sideways,apart,together, 45 degree angle,tight fit,slack fit?

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact