for halloween?

sorabji.com: What are you wearing?: for halloween?
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By
pez on Thursday, October 5, 2000 - 02:07 am:

i had only an hour and a half between my last class and work today, so i ate lunch and browsed instead of going home. i was poking around in the holloween stuff when i saw it. a raspberry-flavor-type blue beehive wig. "a-ha!" i thought, "i'll be marge simpson for halloween!" so i bought the wig, a pair of yellow latex gloves, and yellow halloween makeup. i took them to the shoe department after my shift and had harmony ring them up for me since she wasn't that busy and she's technically my best friend since we're always together on the weekends, i cover when she's sick, she covers when i'm sick, and so on.

she decided that she wanted to throw a kick-ass halloween party and she was going to be an alley cat.

now i'm almost thinking that i should use the marge simpson costume for work, and have another costume for the halloween party. maybe be a hooker-type. big purple afro, short frayed cutoffs, tank top, and false eyelashes and nails.

you are going to be what?

By semillama on Thursday, October 5, 2000 - 09:28 am:

I always think about cosutmes but never do anything until the last minute. I don't really know for sure what I will be doing for Halloween this year anyway. If it doesn't involve being with Mavis, I will likely attend Steve the Gothic Archaeologist's party, where night 1 is the role playing game (likely to be Feng Shui, the Hong Kong Martial Arts Movie RPG, where sheer absurd action is the rule), and night 2 is the general costume party. I was inspired this year, I intend to go as a rain of frogs.

By TBone on Thursday, October 5, 2000 - 09:57 am:

I was a priest last year. A friend of mine was a nun. I think photos exist of a nun spanking a priest.

Halloween is a good time.

By J on Thursday, October 5, 2000 - 10:33 am:

Amee and her ex did that a couple of years ago(priest&nun).The best time I ever had was when Brucifer went in drag as Joan Crawford,and I was dressed like a little girl,her Christina,and he kept wacking me with a wire hanger.

By Kalli on Thursday, October 5, 2000 - 12:18 pm:

nothing cuz i'll be in new york!

HAH!

By patrick on Thursday, October 5, 2000 - 12:30 pm:

i've done enough over the last 5 years to take it easy. im going to be out of town too.

By semillama on Thursday, October 5, 2000 - 12:34 pm:

Holy shit, J! I almost choked onmy sandwich when I read that!

By Tired on Thursday, October 5, 2000 - 12:47 pm:

dammit pez.

I decided to be millhouse before you had your marge idea. Anyways, I'm going all-out and dying my hair blue. Which will lead to a buzzcut or whatnot in early november, but oh well.

By Kalli on Thursday, October 5, 2000 - 01:20 pm:

Before I knew I'd be out of town though, my neighbors and I were discussing Halloween costumes. (It is one of my favorite "holidays" for a number or reasons....the first being that it's also Samhain)

They're going as Mary Magdelene and Jesus.

I was thinking I'd be a transexual Elvis.

By Mavis on Thursday, October 5, 2000 - 02:04 pm:

kalli
    you would make the hottest tranny elvis....

By pez on Thursday, October 5, 2000 - 03:42 pm:

i've always loved halloween. it's the one day of the year that you can dress like who you want to be and no one gives you weird looks.

i'd dye my hair blue, but: (1) it's so limp it wouldn't stay in a beehive, (2) it's not long enough, and (3) it's against company policy.

although i have had blue hair before. i had a can of blue hairspray so i could be a punk girl for french class. that halloween i wore a pumpkin as a mask during the day, but since i was playing flute in the pep band that night, i ratted my hair, sprayed it blue, then stuck gold pipe cleaners in it. i made it onto the news with the rest of the band.

the next year i was princess leia.

various other costumes are EarthGirl, a clown, a cat, tinkerbell, a crayon, a pumpkin, and dracula.

i'm currently regarded as the most creative person in the family, and my grandma wants me to help her pick a costume for the party at the retirement center where she lives.

By moonit on Thursday, October 5, 2000 - 10:11 pm:

we dont have halloween here.

roll on guy fawkes day. Woohooo

By PeriPheral on Friday, October 6, 2000 - 01:12 am:

Hey, Sem...what inspired you to be a frog rain?

By pez on Friday, October 6, 2000 - 02:53 am:

would it be magnolia?

i'll have to see that costume.

By semillama on Friday, October 6, 2000 - 08:27 am:

I haven't seen magnolia yet, but am aware of the frog fall in it.

Well, the chain of thought was "what the hell am I going to be?" Then I was talking with Steve the Gothic Archaeologist about fish and frog falls (apparently he had never heard of them), and I thought "Hey! I should go as the Mad Fishmonger!*"
    Then I thought, not many people would have ever heard of the Mad Fishmonger. So then I thought, why not a fish fall? attach a bunch of plastic fish to a blue or black shirt. But then I thought, well, people will probably think I am a lake or something, so I switched to frogs. I plan to attach a bunch of small toy frogs to the shirt, probably blue, as well as bits of cotton wadding to represent clouds.

*The Mad Fishmonger was Charles Fort's reply to scientists dismissing frog and fish falls in the early 20th century as being the product of errant whirlwinds, even though manuy times they fall out of a clear sky. Fort proposed that it just as well be a mad fishmonger who snuck about a village lobbing fish up in the air over fences.

By PeriPheral on Friday, October 6, 2000 - 10:38 am:

I've read about bird falls as well as 'chunks of cow' falls. (It was in a Reader's Digest Mysteries of the Unexplained or something.) I believe the Flaming Lips did a song about frog falls. Maybe you could use that somehow...carry a tape recorder around. Anyway, I think your costume's a great idea. But you need some frogs to fall, don't you think? Make a frog confetti at the copy shop.

By JusMiceElf on Monday, October 9, 2000 - 10:58 pm:

Shoot, I don't think I'll go as anything this year. Halloween proper I'll be at a conference on treating Juvenile Firesetters (they finally moved it back; it had been on Guy Fawkes day for years). I'll be in Albuquerque the weekend before, and missing my friend's Halloween party in Austin by a week. Alas.

I will be having a kickass Guy Fawkes party though. Y'all are invited if you're gonna be in New England

By Isolde on Monday, October 9, 2000 - 11:09 pm:

Sweet, me too?

By J on Tuesday, October 10, 2000 - 01:38 am:

Brucifer wants me to go as Zeena and he as Gabby.

By J on Tuesday, October 10, 2000 - 01:38 am:

Xeena,guess how I am.

By Gee on Monday, October 16, 2000 - 04:33 pm:

Xena.

if I lived in a country where they didn't have halloween, yet I knew such a thing existed, I would have a faux-halloween party just to spread the magic.

costume parties are fun.

I wouldn't mind dressing up as Sailor Moon, but I don't think I have the legs for it.

By Isolde on Monday, October 16, 2000 - 06:34 pm:

I'm going as a schoolgirl. A little tie and everything. It's going to be great. Geek boy has already commented onmy outfit...

By Nate on Monday, October 16, 2000 - 09:18 pm:

I think A. is going as a harem girl.

i have to think of something. my usual "drunk college kid" routine wont' fly anymore.

By Tom on Monday, October 16, 2000 - 10:15 pm:

Green fuzz. trashcan. fake glasses-and-nose ensemble. cigar.

Oscar the Groucho?

By Isolde on Monday, October 16, 2000 - 10:21 pm:

Always time for a change, Nate.
    A harem girl, hunh? Alright. How exciting. I remember at one point I was really obsessed with the harem of the ottoman sultans. It was a big thing with me. I've actually been to the Seralgio in Constantinople, it's amazing, even though it's empty now.

By dave. on Tuesday, October 17, 2000 - 12:48 am:

i'm going as father to a kid who's going as blossom. great costume for a cold, rainy night of trick-or-treating.

By Isolde on Tuesday, October 17, 2000 - 12:51 am:

Oh, lordy. That should be fun...post pictures, I'm interested to see them...

By moonit on Tuesday, October 17, 2000 - 04:29 am:

By Dougie on Tuesday, October 17, 2000 - 08:32 am:

Hey, there's an idea. I'll go as Mayim Bialik, acting as Blossom in a very special episode.

By Isolde on Tuesday, October 17, 2000 - 10:09 am:

ack!

By pez on Tuesday, October 17, 2000 - 02:49 pm:

that's what i thought, too. wow, blossom...haven't thought about it in a long time.

By J on Tuesday, October 17, 2000 - 03:05 pm:

I just remembered I bought that gypsy get-up,I guess I'll wear it every Halloween for the rest of my life,in fact just to get my money's worth I think I'll try to learn belly dancing,and make the money I blew on that garb back.

By Antigone on Saturday, October 21, 2000 - 04:48 pm:

The following are my friend's lists of halloween costumes, posted completely without their knowledge or permission.

Friend #1

1) Blatz Beer Quality Inspector
    2) FreezerBurn Man (Age 87)
    3) Cork Pie Surprise With Extra Rubber Bands (irradiated, of course)
    4) The Continuing Adventures of Flad Vlan Flan: Smokey & The Bandit XII
    5) 40 Gallons Of Expired Milk Shaped Into A Likeness of "The Dubya"
    6) Punky Brewster's Smurf Pillow
    7) A Plankton impersonating Willard Scott imitating Lime Gelatin Surprise
    8) A Soggy Saltine placed lovingly on top of a rabid camel
    9) My Sharona!
    10) Melted Brass Tongs

Friend #2

10) Litmus Tester
    9) Toe space
    8) Jammin' Teddy Ruxpin Alliance Official
    7) Smig, the tethered Quast
    6) Pop-Tart Residue
    5) A really cute Smegma patch
    4) Thumbscrew!
    3) Tanya Gol-Dang!
    2) Lettuce Bin
    1) Chinet(tm) brand Paper Plate

Friend #3

10. Weasels of America Mascot - RottyBags Malloy
    9. A Hefty Trashbag
    8. An Almond Joy Bar
    7. Harry Potter
    6. A Hot Tin Roof - (Cat not included)
    5. Hitler's Mustache and/or comb
    4. Chinese Checkers, the Deluxe version.
    3. Bjorne Nitmo
    2. A Royal Straight Flush
    1. Yukzu NoHo, a Japanese SuperTramp cover band.

Friend #4

10. an interstellar gas giant
    9. a blade of grass
    8. the invisible man
    7. a Medieval fief
    6. magnetic pooper-scooper
    5. a supertanker (complete with oil spillage)
    4. Chattenooga Choo Choo
    3. assorted llama parts
    2. 2 turntables and a microphone
    1. Mystic Remora

Friend #5

* two-pelvised Hindu bounty hunter
    * insurmountable chunk o' nature: Creamy Fungal Henrietta! w/ sequioa bark exoskeleton!
    * Super Ned The Nosecone Designer
    * taffy-covered lord-bringer
    * autistic beekeeper with cyclically regenerating knee spigots
    * spotted triathlete admirer
    * bran flake cyclone on stilts (watch it go!)
    * Reverend Yoni vanderTwingle, the menu-optional clergyperson
    * vertical Guam roast
    * extra-bounceable cum-druid ... from the heartland
    * Black Orpheus: finger puppet of the apocalypse
    * brigade of autonomous female scrotums

Me

10) A rare copy of "Who watches my asshole?" the home game.
    9) You...Me...Everybody....Everybody....
    8) The remaining 69 Bill Bixbys
    7) Santa Claus fucking the Easter Bunny
    6) All of the characters from "Dead Poet's Society" complete with self inflicted wounds
    5) Ritalin for tree sloths
    4) Porky Pig after the liposuction
    3) Me...You...Nobody....Nobody....
    2) An "I coulda been a contender!" spouting multi billionaire snacktoast pusher
    1) Satan's Severed Head

By sarah on Monday, October 23, 2000 - 05:55 pm:

i worship you.

i'm going as Bjork. but i really do like the Lettuce Bin idea. i might have to steal that.

By Isolde on Monday, October 23, 2000 - 06:16 pm:

You're going as Bjork! I love you!

By wisper on Wednesday, October 25, 2000 - 04:20 am:

i'm going as Lydia from the Beetlejuice cartoon series. Helloooooo giant red spiderweb poncho + hairspray.

Halloween is my fav. FAVE damn you!!
    I'm obsessed. Details, details, details.... one year i was Alex from A Clockwork Orange, but i would not settle for amature make-up drawn giant eyelashes, oh no. I bought a set of fake lashes and sculpted them with clear nailpolish and some toothpicks. It took me 2 hours. I even counted the number of lashes off a movie poster.
    And i made eyeball cufflinks too.

Mom always said this detail shit will kill me one day.

(and i still wear the lashes too, somedays, because i'm just that kind of bitch ;)

By 20 years ago on Wednesday, October 13, 2004 - 05:51 am:

I remember about 20 years ago, A friend of mine and i was a teenager ,I mean we were a young boy i mean Young gentleman, We came up with something that we hated the girl in our classroom and we decided to do something on halloween to pull a prank on her or miminck to harras her , A friend of mine came up with a idea on borrowing our sister's swimsuit and running shoe, also , wearing costume mask to conceal our identity. and last, write on a retangular cardboard with the girl's name in which we hated her. I thought it was risky in which later proved, we did it and went out at night running stalked her neighbor , tossed alot of toliet paper, tossing the eggs at her parent's car. Unfortunenately, I was tackled by a neighbor, but my friend managed to run loose. And was bought to a police station, and had my parent tpicked me up was my biggest embarrasement moment of my life, but worth alot of fun, luckily , the girl's parent declined a charge aganist me after seeing me wearing a lady swimsuit and running shoe, thought i was a crazy prevert. and last ,I had to explain to my parent why.... what it was all about.. hahahaha.

By Hayley on Tuesday, November 9, 2004 - 01:46 pm:

Every1 in ere is fuckin gay and queer, you ought to get a face lift you ugly bastards! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA!

By Hayley on Tuesday, November 9, 2004 - 01:48 pm:

Any Sexy lads? Email me for a surprise!
    Luv Hayley!!!!

By eri on Tuesday, November 9, 2004 - 01:55 pm:

We already have a Hayley with the same spelling. You're going to have to find something else. I am not going to have someone posing as my daughter calling me a queer and telling me to get a facelift. That's actually more ignorant, lame and stupid than anything my Hayley would come up with. Come back when you have a brain....

By Antigone on Tuesday, November 9, 2004 - 03:42 pm:

Hmmmmm.... Might have to start moppin' this one.

By eri on Tuesday, November 9, 2004 - 08:58 pm:

We'll see if the psycho has the brains to make it worth it.

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact