thrift store duds

sorabji.com: What are you wearing?: thrift store duds
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By Cris on Wednesday, February 21, 2001 - 09:48 pm:

gnarley.. i'm wearing a sweater from a good will in oregon... it says 'ice cream express' on it, and it's from one of those ice cream trucks that go around from neigborhood to neighborhood.. wearing jeans (silvertab.. ohhhhh), a black bra and blue undies from good ole walmart and 2 pairs of socks... which are also from wally world. I love that store! I despise wearing shirts with logos on the front like 'gap' or something stupid like that.. sickens me to no end! i refuse! it's thrift store for meeeee!

By TBone on Thursday, February 22, 2001 - 12:47 am:

Down with Wal-Mart, etc.

Goodwill can sure be fun though. I'm wearing
    green, as usual.

By Hal on Thursday, February 22, 2001 - 04:09 am:

Cris... Where can I find a girl like you, you are my dream woman.

By pez on Thursday, February 22, 2001 - 11:39 am:

my favorite shirt is a glitter-print tinkerbell muscle tee.

i remember i found a lounging suit from the '60s once. it was basically a ladies shirt with an open-front skirt attached to wear over pants. but it didn't fit. grrr.

By Cris on Thursday, February 22, 2001 - 06:53 pm:

you saying you want me Hal? :)
    I wish I had a man though, it'd beat me having to do the solo thing all the time ;)

anywho, today i'm wearing a nice black sweater I bought from k-mart before it went out of business (walmarts the king nowww boyeeee! *laughs*) pair of levis carpenter jeans, black boots, two pairs of socks, blue shirt under the black sweater andddd white cotton panties *laughs* because i'm SURE you ALL wanted to know what i'm wearing!

e-gads, time for a nap! :)

By Hal on Thursday, February 22, 2001 - 09:27 pm:

No I'm serious Cris, do women like you have a worldwide committee or something. Where can I find a woman like you, this is an honest question because your right the solo thing sucks.

By Cris on Thursday, February 22, 2001 - 10:28 pm:

well Hal.. you can email me :) just click on my nameroo.. and we can talk :) Because there's a lot more about me besides how i dress.. i think i'm quite an interesting girl :)

and i'm not saying the solo things sucks, i'd just like an extra hand/mouth/etc once in a while :) *laughs* so you can email me if you want i'd be happy to talk to you..

By TBone on Thursday, February 22, 2001 - 11:38 pm:

Careful now, Hal's fragile.

By Cris on Thursday, February 22, 2001 - 11:43 pm:

is that sooo....

By Cat on Friday, February 23, 2001 - 02:00 am:

I've heard that if you wrap Hals in duct tape before buttfucking, they won't split apart. I've never tried it though.

By Hal on Friday, February 23, 2001 - 06:44 am:

ouch!!!

TBone, I'm not that fragile anymore... Been living in this city too long, the people finally get to you, turn you into an animal that has no soul.

Thank god I haven't reached that point yet, but I'm damn sure that I'm getting there and that scares the hell out of me.

By patrick on Friday, February 23, 2001 - 12:13 pm:

hey a sorabji borne love affair...i like it

By semillama on Friday, February 23, 2001 - 12:48 pm:

God it's cute.

By Antigone on Friday, February 23, 2001 - 12:57 pm:

Cat, I think the joke goes, "Why did Chris wrap Hal in duct tape? So when she butt fucked him he wouldn't explode."

By Hal on Friday, February 23, 2001 - 02:04 pm:

She didn't, it was mearly a question of whether rapping me in duct tape would prevent me from exploding when butt fucked.

Although I'm questioning who is going to commit this butt fucking and what makes them think I'm going to let it happen.

By J on Friday, February 23, 2001 - 02:10 pm:

Will Hal hook up with Cris? Will Cris try to butt fuck Hal? Will Hal try to butt fuck Cris? Stay tuned for the next episode of Sorabji Island,and now a word from our sponsors.......

By Antigone on Friday, February 23, 2001 - 02:17 pm:

LOG Products is proud to support Sorabji Island!

It's Log! It's Log!
    It's big, it's heavy, it's wood!
    It's Log! It's Log!
    It's better than bad: It's good!

Everyone wants it, Log!
    You're going to love it, Log!
    Everyone wants it, Log!
    You're going to love it, Log!

By Hal on Friday, February 23, 2001 - 03:42 pm:

Thank you. And now back to our programing.

It seems that today's episode has been a farce, that you all have been decived because Hal won't get butt fucked, Hal won't be butt fucking anyone, and no one is hooking up with anyone. Due to an extream stroke of luck, Hal is leaving the town of his birth and seeking his stake in the world.

Thats right boys and girls, Hal has gotten the damn job...Damn straigt jackson, Hal is moving up slowly in the world.

By TBone on Friday, February 23, 2001 - 04:15 pm:

So they told you? Heh. I thought about letting
    you know earlier, but figured I'd let them.

When do you start?

By Hal on Friday, February 23, 2001 - 07:25 pm:

The 8th of March...

So are you ready to show me the good side of living in Missoula beside the job??? Things have been quite dull as of late here, and I'm in the mood to do something I haven't done in either a REALLY long time, or never before. In any case, I'm excited and I'm almost sick to my stomach at the same time.

By Cris on Friday, February 23, 2001 - 07:40 pm:

*laughs hysterically*... oh man..

By moonit on Friday, February 23, 2001 - 11:13 pm:

Some people make me feel so freakin old.

Congrats Hal!

By Hal on Saturday, February 24, 2001 - 02:10 am:

Thanks Moonit... Hey have you ever heard of Tenacious D??? I'm going to put some of their songs on the CD I send you. Its just two guys playing acustic but its good shit.

Even if you've never heard of them have you ever seen High Fidelity? The guy who sings the song "Let's Get It On." Jack Black, he's on of the guys in the band.

By moonit on Saturday, February 24, 2001 - 02:18 am:

no, no I havent. And I havent seen that movie yet either. Yay. New Music.

When I told my friend Snapper that I'd made u a cd, she rattled off all this music she has (kiwi) that would of been awesome. So you might get a second edition.

By Hal on Saturday, February 24, 2001 - 09:11 pm:

Kick ass.

By J on Monday, February 26, 2001 - 10:16 am:

I'm happy for you Hal,score.

By TBone on Monday, February 26, 2001 - 02:38 pm:

How's this for wild Missoula weekends?

Apparissus, myself, and a couple friends (Robin and Monique) went out for sushi. Afterward we were driving around and exposing the girls to techno, which was something they enjoyed a lot... Strange that they had never really listened to much...

We joked about how we were having a great time and we should just keep driving and go to Vegas or something. Kept joking about it... Having fun...

By midnight we were headed toward Vegas. We arrived at 2:00 pm. Hot-damn that was some fun shit.

I think I really REALLY needed that. I've been feeling really down and crabby and unfun. I'd been starting to feel downright depressed. I'm feeling great now, even though we got back into town at 10:30 am here and proceeded to go to classes and now I'm at work. I'm not particularly useful today at work.

14 hours is a long drive, especially when you do it twice in a weekend.

Rock on.

By Dougie on Monday, February 26, 2001 - 05:35 pm:

Damn, TBone, that's cool. And I once thought I was being spontaneous by driving to Atlantic City (3.5 hours away) on a Friday night at 9:00 pm.

By Hal on Monday, February 26, 2001 - 07:20 pm:

TBone... You are now my hero... And yes that makes for some good spontanious Missoula weekend fun. I think I can manage on something like that.

By pez on Tuesday, February 27, 2001 - 06:29 pm:

that must make for great memories.

By Sheila on Tuesday, February 27, 2001 - 09:07 pm:

Once I found five matching bridesmaids' dresses at
    the thrift store. This was during the Baby Bumper
    craze, when I haunted the cheap shops for
    stuffing. I still buy my office clothes there,
    having found a place where a rich woman from
    Carmel sends her unwanted, sometimes new, designer
    clothes after coming to her senses following a
    shopping binge. If only her shoes were my size...

There are three new dogs, a new iMac, unemployment
    checks and tons of snow here on the mountain.

By patrick on Wednesday, February 28, 2001 - 11:36 am:

hey look everyone its sheila....

By sarah on Wednesday, February 28, 2001 - 08:20 pm:

the most inorganic piece of clothing i ever owned came from a thrift shop. it's a cobalt blue polyester stretchy shirt with a bright blue faux fur boat neckline.

the best thing i ever found in a thrift store was a brand new hardwood cutting board, about 3-4 inches thick, with a wide, smooth groove around the edges, sitting on four little wooden feet. thing musta cost over $100 retail, but i got it for $3.87 plus tax.

in the goodwill at the bottom of the hill they have the ladies slacks sorted by color on a giant rectangular rack. pants in a rainbow. you go to the color you want, and then look for the size you need.

bout a month or so ago i scored a set of 8 plain white soup/cereal bowls. the good glass kind. they go with the plates i've had forever, the ones given to me and my housemates by some lady who was moving to boston when we first arrived on this island over 8 years ago. she also gave us snorkling gear. we lived in a highrise close to the university back then and we took the bus everywhere, until i could get my car shipped over from montana via seattle. 2 of those old roommates moved back to michigan. one is married, one wants to be. the other one was last seen in Utah.

anyway, the bowls were only $.15 a piece.

i've dropped off at the goodwill about $1000.00 worth or more of clothes and miscellaneous stuff just in the last 4-6 weeks. deconstruction. it won't be long now!

By Hal on Thursday, March 1, 2001 - 07:26 pm:

Sarah, your a montanianian???

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact