Lingerie: tacky or not?

sorabji.com: What are you wearing?: Lingerie: tacky or not?
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By Cat on Friday, March 1, 2002 - 06:05 am:

By Dougie on Friday, March 1, 2002 - 08:11 am:

Well, for me, I would have to say out. I don't think I could pull it off.

By patrick on Friday, March 1, 2002 - 12:08 pm:

tacky.

so so so so tacky.

By Antigone on Friday, March 1, 2002 - 12:40 pm:

Cat, I think you'll have to post a pic of you in that outfit for us to make an accurate judgement.

By Spider on Friday, March 1, 2002 - 01:01 pm:

Beyond tacky. Lame.

By Spider on Friday, March 1, 2002 - 01:02 pm:

Uhhh...hypothetically speaking, of course.

By semillama on Friday, March 1, 2002 - 01:04 pm:

it depends on the person who it's being put on
    for. If they like lingerie, then go for it.

Lingerie is fine for special occasions.

That outfit, well, it's one of those things where
    it's what some guys would like to be greeted
    at the door by, you know?

By Platypus on Friday, March 1, 2002 - 02:16 pm:

As long as we get pictures, lingerie is in.

By Cat on Friday, March 1, 2002 - 07:53 pm:

I was going with tacky. But it would be nice to do the whole femme fatale thing, in theory.

I do like stockings much more than pantyhose. Hose are never long enough for me and I always end up with the crutch around my knees.

By Cat on Friday, March 1, 2002 - 07:55 pm:

I was going with tacky. But it would be nice to do the whole femme fatale thing, in theory.

I do like stockings much more than pantyhose. Hose are never long enough for me and I always end up with the crutch around my knees.

By eri on Friday, March 1, 2002 - 11:38 pm:

That outfit would work if you had long legs and big boobs, but I don't. If you have the body for it, go for it. It is always nice to have a little tacky in the lingerie wardrobe :p

By Antigone on Saturday, March 2, 2002 - 12:43 am:

I have long legs and big boobs.

Well, big pectorals, anyway.

By moonit on Saturday, March 2, 2002 - 07:19 am:

now i'm scared.

By Cat on Saturday, March 2, 2002 - 09:44 am:

I would pay good money to see Antigone in that outfit. I'm talking greenbacks, real currency, hard cashola.

By Sherry on Saturday, March 2, 2002 - 10:47 am:

If you've got it; flaunt it ! LOL

By Antigone on Saturday, March 2, 2002 - 02:37 pm:

I'm unemployed right now, so any contributions would be appreciated.

I'll set up a paypal account.

By J on Sunday, March 3, 2002 - 12:33 pm:

I'd spend some bucks to see you in latex.

By Antigone on Sunday, March 3, 2002 - 07:14 pm:

By wisper on Monday, March 4, 2002 - 12:53 am:

is that spandex supposed to be sexy?
    because i can't stop laughing.

By Spider on Monday, March 4, 2002 - 08:40 am:

Ooh, is that the site where you found the Spiderman costume?

By patrick on Monday, March 4, 2002 - 11:57 am:

femme fatale?

that's your idea of femme fatale?

the only thing fatal about that kind of get up would be my libido.

Id laugh my ass right off (and out the door) if my misses wore something like that.

all those straps holding unforseen things and hip straps on the underwear that look like they double as suspenders.

Maybe Im biased. In my house its nothing but short tee's and low cut, low rise mille nico panties. butt cracks and bellies.

actually....cat....email me a mailing address.

you need some mille nico panties.

By Czarina on Monday, March 4, 2002 - 12:10 pm:

I wonder what kind of shoes shes wearing with that ensamble? Proper accesorizing can make the outfit.

By Gee on Monday, March 4, 2002 - 12:26 pm:

I liked it.

By J on Monday, March 4, 2002 - 01:42 pm:

But in the end you end up naked anyway,I have all kinds of that and the old man(and I do mean old man)just wants to see me naked.

By Cat on Monday, March 4, 2002 - 04:17 pm:

Patrick, it's not about your libido. But it's nice that you think it could be.

Thanks for thinking of my panties too.

By patrick on Monday, March 4, 2002 - 05:01 pm:

Well yes, clearly such a get up would not be about MY libido...but to answer your question and transfer it to my personal situation....

and

...i wasnt thinking of YOUR panties. i was thinking of sending you a pair of mille nico low rise "hipster" panties. all the gals here seem to like em.

By Cat on Monday, March 4, 2002 - 05:09 pm:

What part of meow don't you understand?

;)

By patrick on Monday, March 4, 2002 - 05:11 pm:

apparently all of it.

By eri on Monday, March 4, 2002 - 05:52 pm:

Patrick, how do I get ahold of some of those panties? I need something to wear with my low rise jeans. My current satin keeps popping out in the back.

By Nate on Monday, March 4, 2002 - 06:00 pm:

just wear a thong.

By patrick on Monday, March 4, 2002 - 06:02 pm:

eri, at the moment, the only two places in TX are these two:

TEXAS
    Greene Outfitters
    1629 Hunter Road
    New Braunfels, TX 78130

Whole Earth
    1010 West 11th Street
    Austin, TX 78703

We are working on expanding this.

By eri on Monday, March 4, 2002 - 06:02 pm:

They still stick out on the back. These jeans are really low cut. They stop just at the top of my butt crack. Thongs go higher than that.

Besides. I haven't found any thongs that actually fit me. Size 5 is often too big on my little bitty body. Can't get thongs in a 4.

By eri on Monday, March 4, 2002 - 06:07 pm:

New Braunfels is not supposed to be too far from San Antonio. I'll check it out, thanx.

By Cat on Monday, March 4, 2002 - 06:57 pm:

By patrick on Monday, March 4, 2002 - 07:14 pm:

even those seem to rise up quite a bit on the hips.....this is what we offer eri not that i give a rats ass about the underwear you choose.

we are launching a summer collection of those same panties with matching tees. 3 styles. I hope to have images to show you soon. basically we are putting scandelosu and racey prints on the crotch and tee and selling them in sets. one in particular that has already spawned calls from some catholics is called "Latino Lovers" which has imagery of a cross and "lovers" kissing on the shirt and a crucifix "latino lovers" on the front of the crotch.

By patrick on Monday, March 4, 2002 - 07:14 pm:

i want to kill geocities.

By eri on Monday, March 4, 2002 - 08:10 pm:

Cat, those look perfect and they come in XS!!! Thanx for the link. Patrick, I couldn't see what it was that you had. Maybe I will check it out later. I like scandalous prints!!!!! I like to look scandalous, but I don't act that way, often.

By J on Monday, March 4, 2002 - 11:33 pm:

You know maybe I'm just cheap,but you don't need to wear underwear unless your on the rag.

By sarah on Tuesday, March 5, 2002 - 12:00 pm:

amen to that, sister.

By sarah on Tuesday, March 5, 2002 - 12:05 pm:

oh, and as for the black lace get-up:

what's tacky about it are the wrist cuffs, her fake tits, the sheer scarf she's holding behind her head, and the *production* of the photo and the outfit.

but if you just go with the bustier/panties/stockings, i bet you'd look real sexy.

caveat for the validity of my opinion: i own nothing like that. the sexiest piece of "lingerie" i own is a long white sheer gown with faded-out tulips on it, and i wear wool socks to bed.

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact