underwear

sorabji.com: What are you wearing?: underwear
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By patrick on Wednesday, January 22, 2003 - 01:17 pm:

I started wearing underwear again recently. No particular reason.

Perhaps i don't feel as sexy as i used to.

Anyway.

Today Im wearing my Converse One-Stars, navy pants, red plaid CK boxers,and a CK plain black tee.

I got a bunch of CK tee's and boxers for xmas. Thats the kind of shit my mom loves to give to me.

What's new in your wardrobe?

By Spider on Wednesday, January 22, 2003 - 01:27 pm:

I'm wearing a new-ish sweater. It's a periwinkle lambswool v-neck. It's probably too pale for my coloring, but who cares?

I have a new bathrobe. It's a deep wine color, and it reaches the floor.

My mother gave me two blouses for Xmas, but I don't like them and will probably never wear them. She gave me the receipt for one of them, but I feel terrible when I think of taking it back. For that reason, I can't give it away, either. Augh, this is why I tell her every year to avoid buying me clothes. Every year she buys me clothes anyway.

By moonit on Wednesday, January 22, 2003 - 02:39 pm:

I just bought some nikes, some humans and some converse shoes.

god i love shoes. And all those shoes were freeeeeee. Well apart from the converse, but they were only $80 so that was okay.

oh how i love you shoe.

today I am wearing the human ones. they are black and comfy.

By eri on Wednesday, January 22, 2003 - 02:52 pm:

My mother always buys me clothes for Christmas as well. Poor thing. She used to buy lots of things and go wild with something I said (like my favorite color is green, even though I hate wearing green) and I would end up with a collectin of green pleated skirts and green cardigans or something awful like that. She would finally find something I really like and it wouldn't fit and I would go to exchange it for a smaller size and they would be out of them. It has always been drama.

This year she didn't buy massive amounts of clothes. She got me a pair of brown faux suede pants that are awesome and then a brown and white striped sweater that ties at the waist to go with and believe it or not, not only do I love the outfit, but it is a perfect fit. She also got me an awesome suede jacket with faux fur collar and cuffs. She only bought three things this year instead of 30 and she got it just right. Now all I need is a place to wear it all to!

By Spider on Wednesday, January 22, 2003 - 02:58 pm:

I have never heard of this "human" brand of which you speak. I must investigate.

I need several pairs of new shoes. My Danskos are 2+ years old and are misshapen in the toe -- must replace them, but they're $105. :( I'll look on ebay.

I need casual blue shoes. I have been on a quest for casual blue shoes for well-nigh unto 6 years. Everywhere I look: black and brown and some other funky colors. Where are the navy blue shoes, I ask you. A few years ago I bought navy blue mary-jane Doc Martens off ebay, but they're way too big on me. I should get off my ass and sell them back on ebay.

I have no brown shoes except sandals. Must look into a pair of those.

I have at least 6 pairs of black shoes, and I don't really like any of them. Two are nearly completely worn out, so I would be justified in replacing them. Must investigate.

By moonit on Wednesday, January 22, 2003 - 03:59 pm:

Human: http://www.human.net.au/MainPage.html

I bought the wicked ones
    They are ultra comfy, cept mine are black. They also make bags. I love bags almost as much as shoes.
    I didnt know they did bags. mmm bags.

By Nate on Wednesday, January 22, 2003 - 07:26 pm:

all my wool pants fall right off if i don't have a belt.

i'm wearing an olive longsleave henley i stole from my brother six years ago, an old pair of jeans and my old running shoes.

By Nate on Wednesday, January 22, 2003 - 07:27 pm:

BECAUSE I HAVE NO NEW CLOTHES.

By Platypus on Wednesday, January 22, 2003 - 07:55 pm:

I'm wearing ck carpenter cut khakis, midget style. I feel so trendy it hurts.

And a greenish shirt thing, and fire engine red underpants with a naked boy and girl making out on them.

And my danskos. I'm a big dansko fan, today it's the mary janes in vegetan. Hurrah for vegetan.

I'm also trying to figure out what to pack for my imminent trip to Vermont. Argh.

By patrick on Thursday, January 23, 2003 - 11:18 am:

like you platy...im sporting my recently aquired gap threads.

brown cords.

no undies today (i actually plain forgot)

white tee with navy stripes around the neck and sleeves.

converse one-stars.

By eri on Thursday, January 23, 2003 - 11:52 am:

I am wearing my typical stay home clothes today. A grey/white/baby blue striped midriff tank top and a pair of hipster grey sweat pants and my hair is in a ponytail. Pretty boring.

Micki decided to dress herself and be "cool" today. She is wearing a grey sweat suit (she likes the lavender bow on the shirt), green santa socks and blue's clues sandals. She is currently dancing around the living room singing "I'm supergirl and I'm here to save the world". I give her less than 5 minutes until she is singing her favorite "I love rock & roll". Nothing like hearing those lyrics sung by a 3 year old.

By Platypus on Thursday, January 23, 2003 - 12:00 pm:

I'm wearing a light brown thinwale cord skirt and a black oxford shirt. And plain old black underpants, hi-cut because all my cute undies are in the laundry, which I can't do because a meat delivery truck is blocking my car in. Why me?

By jack on Thursday, January 23, 2003 - 03:27 pm:

what are "hipster sweat pants"?

By eri on Thursday, January 23, 2003 - 04:00 pm:

normal sweat pants that have a drawstring and go to the hips instead of the waist. Now everyone can see that I am so bloated you can't find my 6 pack! I am debating getting my belly button pierced again.

By moonit on Thursday, January 23, 2003 - 04:03 pm:

I'm wearing frayed jeans, my converses, a new gingham shirt (that the Pandyr says looks like a chux cloth) and a vest.

Cold here for summer.

By Spider on Thursday, January 23, 2003 - 04:50 pm:

I don't match today. I'm wearing a dark red sweater and my greyish-purplish-brownish cords.

I tried to wear one of my mother's ugly presents under this sweater, but it just didn't work. Let me tell you about this shirt she gave me: It's a black silk/nylon blend, so it's very fitted and stretchy. It's got a low V-neck with a panel of black lace across the V, and there is lace at the cuffs. It is so trashy. I'd wear this for Halloween with acid washed jeans, high-top Reeboks, and sky-high bangs. What was my mother thinking?

The other shirt was a little classier, but still appalling. It was a short, fitted, button-down burgundy velvet thing that also had a very low V-neck (like, a few inches above my belly button....hello?? why is my mom giving me stuff like this?), with lots of gauze ruffles down the front and at the cuffs. This thing...I mean, it just... *sigh*.

Listen. If I were a dainty, delicate girl with fine bones, I could wear ruffles and lace and pretty things. But I look like a bruiser queen and must stick to utilitarian/unisex garb. Even my skirts are plain.

By patrick on Thursday, January 23, 2003 - 04:57 pm:

nico's mom is just as out of touch as yours spider.

and nico is too nice to say anything. she almost lets her buy her bad clothes because it makes her mom feel good to buy these sorts of things for her. like there is some sort of bond there.

with sons on the other hand, its in my experience mothers buy their sons socks, underwear, tee shirts. utilitarian items that perhaps their son doesnt know how to buy. likewise, i specifically dont buy these things and advise my mom at xmas time. i get socks, and undies and tees once a year from the same source.

my mom learned early on to avoid buying anything of serious fashion value for me.

By moonit on Thursday, January 23, 2003 - 06:33 pm:

My mum has always known better than to go there with clothes.

This year I bought her vouchers for her favourite stores. At least that way I know she'll get what she wants, and have fun doing it, spending someone elses money.

I bought the Pandyr a wifebeater. Its grey and orange and has a pic of King Kapasi (a kiwi rapper) in orange pixels. Very cool. He picked it out though....

Once a boyfriend of mine bought me pink jeans.
    Yes pink. Bright pink.

By wisper on Thursday, January 23, 2003 - 06:39 pm:

i have the best shirt. I got it in November but it's the newest thing i have. I'm not into buying clothes.

Skeleton shirt! Skeleton shirt! It's longsleeve and black, with a white ribcage printed on the front, and arm bones down the sleeves. It glows in the dark! I wear it all the time. I wore it for X-mas. I wish i was wearing it right now.

By wisper on Thursday, January 23, 2003 - 08:02 pm:

I think it's actually a pyjama top for kids. So it's kinda tight which is good for the pattern on it, but i don't know how it still fits me. I'm not that small.
    I saw it in a window display after Halloween, and it was a last one in the store, and since it was seasonal clearance, i got it for almost nothing! Skeleton shirt!
    It's so cuuuuute, even my mom likes it.

But i feel so ashamed. It's from Old Navy, so now i own something that's from the Gap.

Old Navy and their brutal commercials have to die.

By Platypus on Friday, January 24, 2003 - 11:28 am:

I'm having a debate about what to wear today. I feel like I should wear something suburban and non threatening, because I have to get on a plane later and they always think I'm a terrorist.

However, I'm landing somewhere where the predicted high is 13 below. I should probably give in and dress like a terrorist (whatever than means) for the sake of warmth. I'm trying to strategically plan out my bags and everything so that I don't get flagged. I even put my sonicare in my checked baggage, just in case they think it's a weapon. ("Ha ha! I have the sonic vibrating toothbrush of doom! All shall do my will or die!") I suppose I appreciate their diligence. I would rather not be shot/hijacked during my stay with Northwest Airlines. But...

By patrick on Wednesday, January 29, 2003 - 12:57 pm:

im wearing underwear today.

blue boxers with snowflakes.

im also wearing navy polyester levis a wife beater with a sassy grey longsleeve Jigsaw brand shirt that I got in London 6 years ago on my honey moon.

im wearing my black low cut shit kickers.

im hung over but feel sharp dresswise.

By Spider on Wednesday, January 29, 2003 - 01:04 pm:

I'm a little more dressed up than usual today.

I have on my mint green sweater and a new dark red skirt -- it's heavy cotton, knee-length, and pleated in the front and back, so it flares out from the hips a bit. I got it on sale -- it had been $68, and I got it for $14. Woo! (It's also worth only $14 -- damn Anthropologie and their ridiculous prices.)

Black stockings and black mary janes.

Hair pulled back in a low (and messy) bun. Small red earrings.

By sarah on Wednesday, January 29, 2003 - 02:11 pm:

i have a small collection of underwear (or "panties" for those of you who can hack it) in a tiny drawer in my closet. none of them have hardly ever been worn. a couple briefs, a couple high-cuts, couple low-cuts, a couple thongs. useless, all of them. i even forgot to wear panties when i was real sick and took myself to the emergency room earlier this month. that turned out to be a bit awkward, but i was too sick to care.

now, shoes, yes. i've discovered the joy of shoes since i've been in austin. my latest score is a pair of knee-high black suede boots with 3" rectangle heels. they are so bitchin.

i also recently acquired a really cool pair of brown and tan steve maddens, and a pair of black and purple slip-on leather loafers that are as light as air. everybody comments on those.

clothes-wise i've nothing much new in my closet. well, that's not true. i found a very pretty white cotton blouse and two-piece red bathing suit while i was in florida. and i have two new sweaters and matching skirts for work. but they are nothing exciting or noteworthy.

i should do some fun shopping. i'm going to need to look more hip if i'm to continue rollerskating on tuesday nights.

By Spider on Wednesday, April 2, 2003 - 03:12 pm:

I'm wearing a pair of pants that I bought this weekend -- I LOVE them.

They are dark red, light-weight cotton that has been brushed or sueded to make it incredibly soft. They're the perfect length and they sit well on my hips and aren't too loose around the waist like most of my pants. ANd they were on sale -- originally $78, and I got 'em for $39.

I've worn them twice this week...they go well with so much, I'd like to wear them every day.

A few weeks ago, I bought a pair of dark brown pants that are also very soft cotton and fit well. These, sadly, were not on sale, but they FIT WELL. Amazing. I'm used to pants being fine in the hip and swimmingly large around the waist, or fine in the waist and tight as a sausage casing around my ass.

We must be living in a time of well-cut pants.

By kazoo on Wednesday, April 2, 2003 - 03:39 pm:

"We must be living in a time of well-cut pants."

I certainly hope so. None of my clothes fit me properly anymore and I am planning a big ol' shopping trip this weekend.

By eri on Wednesday, April 2, 2003 - 04:05 pm:

I am still gaining weight. I don't know how much or why, but I am. I am finding that if they fit well in the waist or hips then they are too tight on my thighs. Stupid scottish legs!!!

I might hit the goodwill store again and see if they have anything to my liking, who knows.

By Secret admirer on Wednesday, April 2, 2003 - 04:09 pm:

your legs rock

By eri on Wednesday, April 2, 2003 - 04:46 pm:

Secret admirer? Who could it be?

Whoever it is must be smoking something really good.

By Margret on Wednesday, April 2, 2003 - 05:59 pm:

I went on a mega shopping binge last month with my friend Jared just before he got shit-canned (as he said 'at least I have interview clothes'). I am screwed for pants, because I have to buy men's (seriously) or really expensive tall women's -- but I bought like 3 jackets, 3 suits, and a couple of shirts for like $150. It was teh rawk.

By sarah on Thursday, April 3, 2003 - 10:39 am:

that's a lot for only $150. where did you go?

i got 3 pairs of jeans, a pair of pants, and two tank tops at old navy a few weeks ago and spent $113. i ended up taking back the pants (they were too big a week later... but would fit again now) and one pair of jeans because i didn't really need them. i hadn't bought new jeans in over 4 years and my old ones were coming unglued.

i am wearing a pair of pants i bought a couple weeks ago and they are my favorite. i got them at express. they are dark brown linen with a tie waist, button fly, and big outer side pockets that make them look slightly like cargo pants. they're supposed to be capris i think, except the leg is open and loose, but they fit me perfectly length wise as regular pants, not carpis, because i'm short. they fit perfectly all the way around and i love them!

i love capris. now i don't have to get all my new pants altered anymore.

By sarah on Thursday, April 3, 2003 - 10:42 am:

eri, i think eventually everyone who moves to texas gains weight. it's unavoidable. everything here is so huge, including food portions. and the people are bigger, taller, and weigh more than people in other places. i think your perception gets altered over time.

i remember you saying how you had to eat and eat and eat just to stay a certain weight or else you got too skinny and got sick. maybe your body is finally adjusting itself. this could be a good thing. you'll have boobs and hips.

By eri on Thursday, April 3, 2003 - 00:01 pm:

Yeah, I think my metabolism is finally catching up with me. On my dad's side of the family most of the women start gaining weight at about 30. Problem is that they don't stop.

Boobs and hips. Well, hips have never been a problem. I was born with a huge ass!!! It won't go away!!!! hehe. But boobs would be nice. Since Christmas I have gained an inch in my bust. I hope it keeps up. I am now officially an A cup! Yeah!

I got some weights yesterday for when I work out, so that hopefully I can build my pecs up again and then I will probably go up a whole cup size, cuz I have slacked off for almost 10 years now.

I still have some muscle tone hidden under this weight but not to far away, so if I tone up some, I think 125 with a 6 pack would look sexier than 100 with a 6 pack and ribs sticking out!

Sarah, my best friend is coming out for our birthdays, and is blowing off this guy, so we are going out dancing on her B-Day. Wanna come? It will be a double birthday party girls night out without the need of a designated driver!!!

God, I need to get out more!

By sarah on Thursday, April 3, 2003 - 00:37 pm:

sure, i'd love to come, thanks for inviting me. when is it?

i'm going to houston next weekend and then there's the old settler's music festival. other than that i'm open.

By eri on Thursday, April 3, 2003 - 01:45 pm:

April 19th, I think is a Saturday night. Her b-day is the 19th and mine is the 20th. Either way it is that weekend, assuming you are free.

By Gee on Tuesday, April 8, 2003 - 02:17 pm:

I'm wearing my Spongebob teeshirt today. Oh how I loves me some Spongebob!

I bought new rollerblades on Saturday. I'm so excited! I'm already good enough to manuver around the apartment without holding onto any walls, and I only fell down once. yay me!

By kazoo on Tuesday, April 8, 2003 - 03:10 pm:

I love spongebob! I have a talking spongebob doll!

Among other things, you pinch his nose and he says, "Wow, you are strong"

The first time I went rollerblading I couldnt' figure out how to use the breaks and stopped myself by running into trees and parked cars.

By eri on Tuesday, April 8, 2003 - 04:40 pm:

I have been on roller skates since I was 4. I love skating. When roller blades became popular I tried them. My arthritis and bad ankles got the better of me. I can't use blades. I stick mostly to speed skates, though I don't have any skates at the current time, the last ones got eaten in our garage by some fluid leaking out of the air conditioner drainage tube which moved itself to destroy my beloved $150 skates! Sucks to be me sometimes!

Have fun with them. I was wishing I could do the same last weekend!

By J on Wednesday, April 9, 2003 - 11:05 pm:

I love roller skating too,use to skate every fri. and sat. night when I was in 7th and 8th grade,taught my kids to skate at the roller rink by my house,tried roller blade and couldn't do it,but I didn't try hard.I could never do ice skates either,ankles too weak or something.

By eri on Wednesday, April 9, 2003 - 00:15 pm:

I could do ice skates and did figure skating for years. It's an ongoing joke in our family, cuz I used to skate with Kristi Yamaguchi (though she kicked my ass without trying, she was really good).

I miss my skates.

By wisper on Thursday, April 10, 2003 - 05:58 pm:

i was playing with this little Patrick doll at toys R us, and when you hit him he says things.
    The best thing he says is (in his big stupid yelling sort of way):
    "uuuUUUUUUUhhhhh I'M A STARFISH!!!"

have you seen the valentine's day one? where he goes apeshit at an amusement park because Spongebob didn't give him anything? It's so funny... APE-SHIT. At one point he goes to beat up some guy in a big heart costume, and he screams "I DEFY YOU, HEART MAN!"
    funniest thing ever. I always rewind it.

By kazoo on Thursday, April 10, 2003 - 06:06 pm:

I do not recall that one. My cousin Elizabeth LOVES Spongebob...her side of the room is decorated like Bart's is with Krusty stuff. She didn't believe me when I told her that I liked Spongebob and proceeded to quiz me about it.

My brother and I used to rewind a part over and over and over on a Dangermouse episode when he tells Penfold that he is going to go Bananas and then he does.

By Gee on Thursday, April 10, 2003 - 06:30 pm:

Patrick gets all the best lines. My favourite: "I can't see my forehead!"

hee! Oh Patrick, you are so simple. I've decided that if I ever have a baby boy and he looks kinda dumb, I'll name him Patrick. if he starts out looking smart and then later proves himselve to be stupid, I'll just change his name from whatever it is to Patrick.

I love to tease small animals.

By eri on Thursday, April 10, 2003 - 06:57 pm:

hehe Patrick.

By jack on Thursday, April 10, 2003 - 09:00 pm:

yeah, really! trace gets a good line once in a while too.

By J on Thursday, April 10, 2003 - 10:10 pm:

You all do know Spongebob and Patrick are gay.

By patrick on Friday, April 11, 2003 - 11:38 pm:

there's a spongebob that freaks little kids out all day long across the street.

i've had fantasy's of jumping him and his Elmo cohort and wailing on them...wouldnt that be hilarious if someone picked a fight with the guy inthe sponge bob outfit.

By J on Friday, April 11, 2003 - 00:41 pm:

Yes and take pictures!!!!

By Spider on Friday, April 11, 2003 - 00:45 pm:

Not unless the guy was playing along.

By J on Friday, April 11, 2003 - 03:11 pm:

Go out there on your lunch hour and talk Spongebob up,get him tanked and take lewd pictures of him.

By eri on Friday, April 11, 2003 - 03:14 pm:

Drunk, naked, fucked up Spongebob. Heh. Micki would love it!

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact