clown pants and a strap-on

sorabji.com: What are you wearing?: clown pants and a strap-on
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By Nate on Saturday, July 26, 2003 - 11:59 pm:

OK, so I'm not wearing a strap-on.

I'm wearing clown pants and a wife beater. The clown pants are loose and thin and have red and white stripes. Man, if I had a blue shirt with white stars I'd look like a total dork. But with the wife beater I think I pull this look off well.

Excuse me Ms., but your hogans are sick. I want to lay you on your belly.

Hash and leftover alcohol are a man's best friend. I have hotdogs.

I have Honey Nut Cheerios. You can't fuck with that. A taste sensation liable to make my gut burst if I keep smoking this hash.

I haven't used my stove here for anything other than boiling water. I need to get my ass back on the kitchen creation.

I'm looking for a dishwasher job. I think. I might get a dishwasher job and work my way into a kitchen somewhere. Learn to cook the menu for one of the swanky seafood joints, for example. A skill that will be incredibly useful when I reenter the sexforce.

Either that or I'll enter into super-gay-nate persona and grab a job at one of those trendyesque toothpick-girl mall boutiques. Like Express or Wet Seal. Research.

Or maybe neither. Fuck all that shit. Work probably still sucks.

Doesn't matter now. I'm wearing motherfucking clown pants, smoking hash, drinking beer, and trying to decide whether I want a bowl of Honey Nut or a hotdog.

By dave. on Sunday, July 27, 2003 - 02:01 am:

wet seal?

By Nate on Sunday, July 27, 2003 - 02:18 am:

why not?

By dave. on Sunday, July 27, 2003 - 02:38 am:

cute girlies?

By dave. on Sunday, July 27, 2003 - 02:44 am:

btw, sorry to have fucked with your truly interesting thread up there.

By J on Sunday, July 27, 2003 - 03:57 am:

If he's hanging out at the Wet Seal,we can't help him.He's come undone.

By patrick on Monday, July 28, 2003 - 12:40 pm:

drive a bus nate.

By semillama on Monday, July 28, 2003 - 03:38 pm:

Run for governor.

By Kalli on Monday, July 28, 2003 - 04:52 pm:

Manage a Hot Topic.

By J on Monday, July 28, 2003 - 04:59 pm:

Become a financial adviser,and I'm serious.

By Kalli on Monday, July 28, 2003 - 05:00 pm:

Ooooh, or an accountant. Them accountants are always wackyasses.

By semillama on Monday, July 28, 2003 - 05:33 pm:

where have you been, anyway?

I'm listening to the new Bad Religion right now. I was feeling depressed yesterday after my mom told me she may need a stint for a possible blocked artery (she is supposed to visit me this week, but now may not be able to if she really has a blocked artery). So I went to Used Kids and dropped $60.

Besides the Bad Religion, I got the new Anthrax, the new Ziggy Marley, Zappa/Beefheart "Bongo Fury", Tom Waits "Blue Valentine", Mahotella Queens, Malathini and Other Stars "Putting on the Light", The Heavils, and Manu Chao "Radio Bemba Sound System."

The Manu Chao is great, South American party music with ska flavors. The marley is very good, but a little overproduced. The Zappa disc is of course excellent, but I am a little disappointed in the production of the Mahotella queens disc - it would be fantastic if it were just a little better mixed. The Anthrax is pretty good too, especially the single "Safe Home". I haven't gotten to The Heavils or Tom Waits yet.

By Kalli on Monday, July 28, 2003 - 05:58 pm:

Heya semmy. You know how I am. I dissapear and reappear at random will. Consistency lacks in my life for the most part.

You need to take that Bad Religion cd out right now and put in the Tom Waits album. You won't regret it. Trust me. Actually, on that topic, I found a bootleg Tom Waits live lp a few weeks back. It reinstated my torrid love affair with the man.

Ok, so other than your music afflictions, how the hell have you been toots?

By Timmy Tim TIm on Monday, July 28, 2003 - 06:00 pm:

--that reminds me, I haven't purchased any Zappa for a while--

By patrick on Monday, July 28, 2003 - 06:05 pm:

does the new Bad Religion sound any different than that last one...or the one before that, or the one before that?

By Kalliope on Monday, July 28, 2003 - 06:36 pm:

hahahahhahahhahhaa

no but it sounds an awful lot like the next one.

By Nate on Monday, July 28, 2003 - 07:14 pm:

so, thinking about sorabjiites who've sent me naked pictures reminded me that i have naked pics of sem sitting on my desk and that kazoo should send me a surface mail addy.

hi kalli.

By Antigone on Monday, July 28, 2003 - 07:25 pm:

Goin' to Montana soon...
    Gonna be a dental floss tycoon...

By semillama on Monday, July 28, 2003 - 08:04 pm:

The Heavils is fucking insane.

These guys make their own instruments and play crazy metal. I think they made a guitar out of a wooden toilet seat, among other things. They sort of sound like the bastard sons of genetic experiments to cross breed Motorhead, AC/DC, Exodus, Slayer, Thought Industry, and a high school woodshop during a school massacre involving homemade weaponry inspired by the Unreal Tournament 'Ripper' gun.

Tom Waits is of course, awesome.

I'm pretty good outside of work right now Kalli. I need to go home now and see my sweetie, who should be getting home from work soon herself.

By J on Tuesday, July 29, 2003 - 02:49 am:

Sem, you and Kazoo need to have spawn.After your married or living together 2 to 3 years.It's all too beautiful.

By semillama on Tuesday, July 29, 2003 - 10:08 am:

It probably won't be our own spawn.

By J on Tuesday, July 29, 2003 - 10:27 am:

If you adopt that's even better.

By Skooter on Tuesday, July 29, 2003 - 11:52 am:

I really like that Anthrax single too. Guess what I want from Sem for x-mas. Could it be burned cds?
    I'm really digging Serart right now. That's serj from System of a downs world music project. Talk about some crazy drumming and vocals. Awesome!
    Go buy it.
    I'm D.J'n this weekend at our local all ages club (Ex-Urban) with DJ Cue (Sem, guess who that is).
    That will follow an free all ages show with upwards of 11 bands playing at the local skatepark. Horray for the rebirth of the Houghton Music Scene! I'm also the booking manager for the local coffee house, so if ya'll know of some mid-westers who would like to rock Marquette and Houghton, all you have to do is let me know.
    Let the incense burn at both ends.

By Kalli on Tuesday, July 29, 2003 - 02:16 pm:

ive got naked pictures of patrick all over my walls. he stole my digi cam and knocked off a couple of cock shots back when. surprise surprise when mom and i go through slides of my vacation in LA.

hi nate.

By patrick on Tuesday, July 29, 2003 - 02:35 pm:

HA!

thats classic kalli.

really...it warms my heart.

By J on Wednesday, July 30, 2003 - 01:32 pm:

You probably did take pictures of the weenus.Hehe

By wisper on Wednesday, July 30, 2003 - 07:27 pm:

weenus.

that's funny shit.

By TBone on Thursday, July 31, 2003 - 11:28 am:

Somebody I know defines "Wenis" as "The female penis"

It's pronounced the same way, and is primarily used to cause opponents to miss shots in pool.

By Kalli on Thursday, July 31, 2003 - 05:25 pm:

One of the girls I work with was telling us this story about her father the other day. He said (and I quote) "Some of those lebians walking around, they have spare tongues."

It took her an hour and half to figure out that he was convinced that lesbians have clits, that when erect, get large enough to uh, you know, do the hiddy diddy widdy with...

I'm just thinking, that'd be rad.

By TBone on Thursday, July 31, 2003 - 05:36 pm:

Speaking of lesbians... I'm reading Fluke by Michael Moore right now.
    The character Margaret is a lesbian, Claire is not.

During a Funeral:
    Claire: "But if he were with us today..."
    Margaret: "SHH!"
    Claire: "Don't you shush me, or you'll be munching carpet through a straw!"
    I almost inked when I read that. Moore is a goofy ass mofo. This whole book is just crazy.

By Nate on Thursday, July 31, 2003 - 05:48 pm:

inked?

By Nate on Thursday, July 31, 2003 - 05:51 pm:

hey, that was my first post from my new laptop!

By dave. on Thursday, July 31, 2003 - 06:13 pm:

tbone apparently saw finding nemo.

By TBone on Thursday, July 31, 2003 - 06:49 pm:

Yeah, a few days ago.

I want a new laptop.

By Nate on Thursday, July 31, 2003 - 06:54 pm:

i want to see finding nemo.

By patrick on Thursday, July 31, 2003 - 06:55 pm:

i expect to be better versed in the kids movie market soon enough.

By wisper on Thursday, July 31, 2003 - 07:01 pm:

as far as television goes, patty, i recommend Blue's Clues.

Let's all watch Blue's Clues, okay? ;)

By patrick on Thursday, July 31, 2003 - 07:11 pm:

eva loves blues clues. moreover, just before blues clues come son she watches Maisy. ever seen Maisy? I like Maisy myself.

By wisper on Thursday, July 31, 2003 - 07:16 pm:

yaaaay! blues clues!
    what a quality show.

Is Maisy a mouse? If so, i've only seen the books.

By Rowlf on Thursday, July 31, 2003 - 07:21 pm:

I got an email from Steve of Blues Clues once. He cares. he keeps up his site:

http://www.steveswebpage.com

you should listen to his music. He has an album coming out in a few months. It sounds like the Flaming Lips and is every bit as good. Same producer too.

By wisper on Thursday, July 31, 2003 - 07:37 pm:

sometimes when i'm doing random housework, or i'm in a good mood (instead of whistling) i sing Blue's part of the theme to myself. It's fun to make Blue's noises. "booow booOOOooowh, booOOoowh-booOOOOoowh!"

i also like how Blue is blue, but is a girl.
    Take THAT you pink for girls blue for boys motherfuckers.

i also enjoy the duck toy, and the soap.

but not the mailbox.
    fuck that pretentious mailbox.

By patrick on Thursday, July 31, 2003 - 07:39 pm:

yeah. maisy the mouse. the voice over is really nice and charley the alligator wears really groovy sweaters.

By Platypus on Thursday, July 31, 2003 - 08:37 pm:

Noooooo....Maisy....

So merchandised.

Have I mentioned that one of the things I do at the bookstore is input? It's kind of a wierd job--basic data entry for the bookstore inventory. Anyway, someone (usually me) has to manually enter every single order into the computer and add the books to inventory. Unlike national chains we don't have a "wand this into inventory and watch it update from a magical database" command. Nope. Someone has to manually enter the ISBN, item code, pub code, distributor, title, author, type, price, min/max, etc.

Today was my inputting day--I seriously just input like sixty Maisy titles. It's really ironic that Maisy should come up in this thread. Has anyone else noticed this Sorabji encroachment into daily life? I've found that topics discussed here suddenly come into my daily life (like Howard Dean, who was the talk of work this morning...)

I love Margret Wise Brown (Goodnight Moon, Runaway Bunny). My current children's staff fave right now is "The Cat Who Liked Potato Soup." It's really cute. Anyway.

Kid books are cool.

By patrick on Thursday, July 31, 2003 - 08:43 pm:

we have Goodnight Moon.

ANd our nanny scored a shit load of Dr. Seuss books all address on the inside cover to "JoJo" from "Bunny"

I don't know anything about Maisy marketing, I just know i dig the cartoon when i turn on it for Eva as I leave in the mornings so mom can get another 15 minutes of sleep.

you don't work Black Oak in Berkeley do you?

By dave. on Friday, August 1, 2003 - 12:29 am:

nate, have you heard quebec, by ween?

By TBone on Friday, August 1, 2003 - 02:42 am:

Gimme that Z-O-L-O-F-T...

I just found the album Wednesday during my show.

By J on Friday, August 1, 2003 - 03:08 am:

Have you ever checked out Steve's from Blues Clues tatoos? Orion likes

Dora the Explorer best,and tele-tubbies.

By dave. on Friday, August 1, 2003 - 03:36 am:

teletubbies are enchanting. when i was younger and experimenting with designer drugs or plain ol' blotter, it was such a relief at 5am on a saturday morning to watch muppet babies; coming down as the sun came up. i wish we had teletubbies back then.

quebec is really good. after the disappointing white pepper (the grobe and back to basom are great) and the rumor i heard that they were now clean and sober, i was afraid for this release. i think all cylinders fire on quebec.

i love ween.

By Nate on Friday, August 1, 2003 - 04:45 am:

i want it dave.

By sarah on Friday, August 1, 2003 - 12:39 pm:

nate should be a televangelist.

has anyone ever seen that mr. show skit called Swear To God?

big-haired white polyester pant-suit wearing Swearing Preacher on a stage:

Preacher: I have a question, and I know you all have it, too. What is up Satans ass? All he wants to do is fuck us up, the dick licker!

Now the Lord said, "I am the light of the world." Now, he could as easily have said, "I am King Shit of Fuck Mountain. Why would you fuck with me?!"

Congregation: Amen!

Bob: Now, Ill tell you what. I am the only preacher with the fuckin balls, and you know this, you all know this, to say, "Satan I damn thee! You goddamm motherfuckin, shit-eatin, cock-suckin, son of a B!" Can I get a fuckin A?

Congregation: Fuckin A!

By sarah on Friday, August 1, 2003 - 12:39 pm:

nate should be a televangelist.

has anyone ever seen that mr. show skit called Swear To God?

big-haired white polyester pant-suit wearing Swearing Preacher on a stage:

Preacher: I have a question, and I know you all have it, too. What is up Satans ass? All he wants to do is fuck us up, the dick licker!

Now the Lord said, "I am the light of the world." Now, he could as easily have said, "I am King Shit of Fuck Mountain. Why would you fuck with me?!"

Congregation: Amen!

Bob: Now, Ill tell you what. I am the only preacher with the fuckin balls, and you know this, you all know this, to say, "Satan I damn thee! You goddamm motherfuckin, shit-eatin, cock-suckin, son of a B!" Can I get a fuckin A?

Congregation: Fuckin A!

By eri on Friday, August 1, 2003 - 01:52 pm:

ROFLMAO. That is one hillarious preacher. Love it!

By TBone on Friday, August 1, 2003 - 08:40 pm:

Fuckin' A!

Not that it's relevant any longer, but the author was Christopher Moore, not Michael Moore. Whatever.

By wisper on Sunday, August 3, 2003 - 09:50 pm:

fuck Dora the Explorer and her damn annoying songs and cheap animation!

*i'm okay*

By J on Monday, August 4, 2003 - 12:49 pm:

Hey I'm learning spanish watching Dora,it's those Tweenies that get on my nerves.

By eri on Monday, August 4, 2003 - 02:49 pm:

Micki loves Dora (much to my dismay). She loves shouting out at the tv, and tries to yell out the spanish stuff too (rather funny to listen to).

It just annoys me, probably because i am having this whole thing shoved down my throat right now. Bilingual schools, my kids being forced to learn a second language even in pre-school. It's all shoved in my face constantly. Offices wanting you to be bi-lingual all of the time. I realize there is a very large populace of hispanic people here and I really don't have a problem with it, but I just get annoyed when I have something shoved down my throat constantly. Especially since I used to be almost fluent in spanish 12 years ago and now I can't remember shit.

By V.v.. on Monday, August 4, 2003 - 11:36 pm:

ERI,yet you allways remember some words.If i put you in the middle of Spain,right now,you would remember enough words to get by,like HOMBRE [thats me,]or GRINGO,[thats not me]I think you may underestimate yourself.God Bless.

By semillama on Tuesday, August 5, 2003 - 11:28 am:

Eri, Do you consider any other school subject "forced" on your children, like math or science? I wish Spanish had been "forced" on me when I was your kid's age - it would have helped quite a bit in my career path (plus I could understand the lyrics on this Manu Chao disc - and order better in Mexican restaurants - and watch Sabado Gigante!).

I will "force" a second language on my kids when they are old enough. Probably Spanish. Although by that time, it may have to be the mother tongue of our alien overlords

By agatha on Tuesday, August 5, 2003 - 11:39 am:

yeah, amen to forcing languages. there are virtually no european or asian countries that don't speak english, and most have a third language under their belt to boot. why would anyone not want to be able to communicate with a broader cross section of people?

(scratches head...)

By patrick on Tuesday, August 5, 2003 - 12:46 pm:

i definitely feel at a disadvantage not able to speak a second language.

people fear what they dont understand.

the word "force" is fear. rings of that whole god damn "heritage" thread spunk and to a smaller degree eri went on about.

we ARE evolving! nearly 40% of this country is of some sort latino decent. for those who don't like change, you'll like irrelavence even less.

nothing is being shoved down your throat. you can either come to terms with the fact that a rapidly growing segement of the populus speaks spanish and its only ADVANTAGE ADVANTAGE ADVANTAGE that you or your daughters know how to speak it. Or you can cite being "force-fed" a langauge...and enjoy self-imposed ignorance.
    When your daughters are adults, they could very well be minorities. deal with it.

By eri on Tuesday, August 5, 2003 - 01:13 pm:

They aren't "teaching" a second language or "forcing" a second language. Everything is done in English and then Spanish. The stairs are marked in English and Spanish. Everything is both.

What annoys the fuck out of me, is can you imagine how goddamned long the PTA meetings get? Everything in English and then Spanish. They take for fucking ever and all you wanted to do was see your kid do their square dance that they learned in PE. You don't care about how much money they have in the account to start yet another goddamned fundraiser.

So English speaking children learn Spanish through it's use daily, but not how to speak it properly (fucking annoying) and then Spanish speakers DON'T learn English through the same way, cuz they are stuck in some different program where all they do is Spanish.

I guess it is the double standard that pisses me off.

I do interact with Spanish Speaking people all of the time, on a regular basis. I really can't remember much of anything. I mean, I can't remember enought to figure out what they are talking about behind my back (or too my face since they know I don't speak spanish) and I can't hold a conversation of more than 2 or 3 sentences total.

By patrick on Tuesday, August 5, 2003 - 01:18 pm:

where is the double standard?

By semillama on Tuesday, August 5, 2003 - 01:31 pm:

Maybe in those classes she mentioned. However, consider that the kids who have Spanish as a first language are living in an English-dominant country, so are living in an environment where they have to use english daily to get by (well, at lesat their parents likely do).

By J on Tuesday, August 5, 2003 - 01:50 pm:

I was excited when my kids learned their colors and numbers in kindergarten,but that was all the spanish they ever learned.

By Lapis on Tuesday, August 5, 2003 - 02:30 pm:

I took a Spanish class in first grade but that was mostly all I've learned (of course I've forgotten since, it was 14 years ago).

I have neighbors whom I cannot chat with. I no longer speak any Spanish and they know no English, I smile and say hello when I see them and that's about it.

It neat though, they're preserving some aspects of their culture while abandoning others. I saw three little girls playing outside their house, playing pinata. They stuffed their toys into plastic grocery bags and looped those over the end of a pipe and were batting at it with a stick.

By Rowlf on Tuesday, August 5, 2003 - 07:07 pm:

the only Spanish I ever learned was from Luis and Maria at the Fix-It shop

maybe if they didnt spend all their freaking time helping Telly find his goddamn triangles they'd still be in business.

By V.v. on Tuesday, August 5, 2003 - 07:12 pm:

I have two Hombre Spanish friends,they are big Fernandez and small Hosay,they both drink too much and bet plenty money on horses,they are allways good company to have around,i wish more people could be as happy as the Spanish,even if they have no money.

By wisper on Tuesday, August 5, 2003 - 07:14 pm:

perhaps one day it will become like here, where there is seperate all english and all french schools, and each day students have one class in the opposite language.........?

we have french class everyday from kindergarten to grade 11.
    And now i can barely talk to a french 6 year old.
    ;(

i think we shoud all just learn chinese.
    Now THAT will be usefull.

By semillama on Tuesday, August 5, 2003 - 07:23 pm:

It would probably be very useful to learn arabic - i hear there is quite a market for folks who know it, but I can't imagine why.

By V.v. on Tuesday, August 5, 2003 - 07:27 pm:

With 25 percent of the worlds population being Chinese,indeed,it is most usefull., Yet,only one problem,the Chinese alphabet contains up to 4000 letters.

By V.v. on Tuesday, August 5, 2003 - 07:42 pm:

ARABIC i hate,GREEK i like.I normally find arabs to be stuck up, ISLAMIC WIFE BEATERS.They have this thing about beating there wifes to a pulp in the name of ALLAH.

By Platypus on Tuesday, August 5, 2003 - 10:45 pm:

Arabic is fun, I actually really enjoy it. It does take five to seven years to know it well enough to communicate though, as I hear about Chinese.

My dad's Chinese girlfriend is trying to teach me Chinese but it's not going too well.

"MAAA-O, not Maa-O!"
    "mao?"
    "MAAA-O!"

And so on...

By TBone on Wednesday, August 6, 2003 - 12:10 pm:

Tonal languages are scary.

I took a year and a half of french, but it didn't do a thing for me. Later, I took two years of Japanese, but all it did at the time was dredge up forgotten French. Now if I try to remember a french word, I come up with the Japanese one.

By Spider on Wednesday, August 6, 2003 - 12:21 pm:

Did I post the chart that the Defense Dept (?) drew up, ranking which foreign languages are easiest and hardest for native English speakers to learn?

Arabic was one of the hardest.

By V.v. on Wednesday, August 6, 2003 - 12:31 pm:

Spider,If you find the Defence Dept Chart,can you post it?

By patrick on Wednesday, August 6, 2003 - 12:42 pm:

baby babble is amongst the cutest.

By Spider on Wednesday, August 6, 2003 - 12:43 pm:

I couldn't find the nice chart, but I did find the list on this page (scroll to the very bottom of the page). I are the easiest, IV are the hardest.

Lithuanian is in category III.

By V.v. on Wednesday, August 6, 2003 - 01:16 pm:

Spider,American is also category 111. The Marines get extra pay for this?To speak American?

By Spider on Wednesday, August 6, 2003 - 01:26 pm:

I have no idea what that "America" under category III could mean. That's a good question.

By V.v. on Wednesday, August 6, 2003 - 01:27 pm:

patric,I prognosticate you are profligate.

By heather on Wednesday, August 6, 2003 - 02:23 pm:

oh habibi

By V.v. on Wednesday, August 6, 2003 - 02:24 pm:

:} Machiavellian malediction?

By V.v. on Wednesday, August 6, 2003 - 02:53 pm:

Heather,thank you for HABIBI,it is an Arabic term of endearment,i expect you are wearing BABOUCHES?

By Spider on Thursday, December 22, 2011 - 02:19 pm:

I am wearing:

* black slip-on shoes (Clarks)
    * grey-and-black striped knee-high socks
    * grey corduroy pants
    * purplish-blue tank top
    * pink shirt with sheer lace-ish vertical panels, thus necessitating the use of the tank top for the preservation of maidenly modesty
    * black wool open cardigan with big front panels that I can wrap around myself like a blanket
    * black star stud earrings
    * silver band ring on left hand inscribed "FORMA DECORAT VIRTUTEM"
    * silver ring with simple circle of white mother-of-pearl on the right hand
    * Tocca's Florence perfume

I took intensive Russian this semester and loved it. I can speak very little, though. Я говорю только немного по-русски.

For Christmas, my brother asked me to give him art that I had made. I am making him a poster commemorating Laika, the first animal in space. The poor little dog died within four hours of blast-off, probably due to overheating. My poster features the words, "Когда я увидела, что помощь не придет, я медленно закрыла глаза." That means, "When I realized that no help would come, I slowly closed my eyes."

Russian uses commas in ways that English does not. Maybe I will learn how to use them next semester.

By Spider on Thursday, December 22, 2011 - 02:25 pm:

For the fun of it, and because one day I hope to use my Russian skills to catalog Russian books and this is practice, here is the Latin transliteration of the sentence in my poster, so that you may mutter this phrase to yourself in moments of quiet despair, too.

Когда я увидела, что помощь не придет, я медленно закрыла глаза.

=

Kogda ya uvidyela, chto pomoshch' ne pridyet, ya myedlyenno zakrila glaza.

The thing is, щ does not actually sound like "shch". It sounds like "sh" made in the front of your teeth. You know how when you go "shhhhh", the sound comes from the middle of your mouth, where your bicuspids are? The letter ш is made farther back in your mouth, by your wisdom teeth, and the letter щ is made up by your front teeth.

The more you know.

By moonit on Thursday, December 22, 2011 - 02:35 pm:

I'm wearing a pink scoop neck top, blue jeans, stripey undies and an awful white bra (awful because they don't make pretty ones in my size - and it sits too high for most of my clothes which is fricken annoying), my rings, and pink nail polish that is glittery. Tonight I'm going to marble them for fun.

The taxi driver that took me to my work xmas function a couple of weeks ago was Russian. Except he kept saying to me 'I'm from USSR no Russia', and lecturing me on how shit it is here and how his wife earns more money than him.

I was happy to get out, I always get the nutters.

By Antigone on Thursday, December 22, 2011 - 04:02 pm:

I didn't know you had Russian skills, Spider. My sister is fluent
    and reports on all sorts of goings on in the former Soviet block.

By Dr Pepper on Friday, December 23, 2011 - 01:08 am:

Uhmm, for many year, I have always told people that my last name is German, however, I wasn't told for many years until last summer; My Great Grandfather came to America from Ukraine Russia!?!?,
    The interesting thing was; his family was offered a settlement in Beresan District near Odessa which is in Ukraine. Since Tsar Alexander the first who gave the rights to the European some land.
    For some reason My Great Grandfather's family left Germany for some political reason and found a new life there.
    To learn about this thing made me feels that I am no longer a German, but damn proud to be a Russkie....

By Antigone on Friday, December 23, 2011 - 01:11 am:

Vv?

By Dr Pepper on Friday, December 23, 2011 - 09:51 am:

Antigone, I am not Vv. I am German with Russian descandant.

By Spider on Friday, December 23, 2011 - 10:18 am:

Dr. Pepper, some of my ancestors were in the same situation as yours -- they're called Volga Germans: people who were ethnic Germans living in Russia. (You're still technically German, since they tended to marry within their culture, not with their Russian neighbors.)

A large number of Volga Germans emigrated to the Midwestern United States in the 19th century. My ancestors (these were my mother's mother's father's people -- my mother's mother's maiden name was Alt, a German name) settled in Iowa in the mid-1800s.

By droopy on Friday, December 23, 2011 - 10:20 pm:

I learned recently that there is actually a Texas
    German dialect. Though it's dying. Who knew.

By Dr Pepper on Saturday, December 24, 2011 - 12:59 am:

Ok, this city Rohrbach, now Novosvetlovka, and Worms, now Vinogradne, is where my Great- Grandfather and his family was born sometime after their family settled in Beresean District. What happens to their family before settled in Russia from Germany was not clear, even thought I tried to trace it back, but no information as if it was "Cutted-off".
    Here is the link is where my Great-Grandfather and his family cames to America from Ukraine : http://hin-und-zuruck.blogspot.com/2010/05/rohrbach-at-last.html

This city didn't changed the most for the past two hundred years. I was never told of this until last summer made me looked "Double-Crossed". But admitted proud to be a "Russian-German" descandants.

By Antigone on Saturday, December 24, 2011 - 01:49 am:

I waited at Temple Station for you. I WAITED!

By Dr Pepper on Saturday, December 24, 2011 - 02:42 am:

Who me? where the Temple Station at?

By ANTIGONE on Sunday, December 25, 2011 - 01:10 am:

LIKE YOU DON'T REMEMBER!

By Dr Pepper on Monday, December 26, 2011 - 12:20 am:

Maybe it was V that was supposed to meet you while ago or a long ago. Never been to London, England.........

By sarah on Monday, December 26, 2011 - 12:28 am:

slaid cleaves.

By la on Monday, December 26, 2011 - 12:41 am:

i got trouser jeans for christmas! looooooong ones!

* said jeans
    * wood elf shoes (brown leather slip ons with contrast stitching & a wooden button)
    * modern art cotton sweater
    * mom's socks
    * grandma's silver scrollwork bracelet
    * my lucky razorback tank (grey with wide lace straps)
    * belt

and hair past my shoulders. worn down for a change.

By The Watcher on Thursday, July 19, 2012 - 05:17 am:

I'm tracing my family tree. So far i've learned I'm Irish, Scottish, English, French, and German.

I remember my father once telling me we were mutts. I guess he wasn't far off.

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact