feather boa

sorabji.com: What are you wearing?: feather boa
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By spiracle on Thursday, June 15, 2006 - 02:29 pm:

has anyone here had a dove as a pet? Is there anything 'special' i should know? I am watching it for someone, possibly indefinately....

It does the cooing thing...does that mean it is male?

I'm only use to my budgies..this new big clumsy thing keeps looking at me like he wants to peck my eyes out or something..

By Nate on Thursday, June 15, 2006 - 02:42 pm:

marinate in lemon juice, garlic, and worcestshire and grill. indirect heat. it won't take long.

By spiracle on Thursday, June 15, 2006 - 02:45 pm:

i think he's kinda old..i don't like the gamey taste...but then i guess that is what the garlic is for eh?

By droopy on Thursday, June 15, 2006 - 03:08 pm:

marinading covers up many sins. cook in "wet heat" to keep moist.

all doves coo. males have a particular type of rapid coo during mating season.

By Nate on Thursday, June 15, 2006 - 03:16 pm:

maybe he wants to mate with you?

eat him. we could start a "spiracle eats the dove" pool. i'll put a $1 in.

By spiracle on Thursday, June 15, 2006 - 03:58 pm:

mate with me..pausible..

i bought a "serious" book on raising birds it actually discussed birds masturbating on their toys and owner's hands..

my birds go BACK in the cage ASAP when they start to get *that* look in their eyes...

By spiracle on Thursday, June 15, 2006 - 04:17 pm:

droopy...it leans really far over with it's butt in the air and then lets out a cooo...so probably female? don't cats do that when they are in heat?

By Dougie on Thursday, June 15, 2006 - 04:55 pm:

I love watching and listening to the mourning doves in the morning. When I remember to fill the birdfeeders, the sparrows and cardinals make a total mess of those, and the doves sit on the ground underneath them, happily picking up whatever's dropped.

By Dougie on Thursday, June 15, 2006 - 07:57 pm:

Are robins strictly carnivores? Come to think of it, I've never seen any eating at our birdfeeders.

By droopy on Thursday, June 15, 2006 - 09:11 pm:

had to leave for work right after posting.

the only thing i can say, spiracle, is that there is something called the "bow coo", where a male bows his head down (perhaps bringing his butt up?) and lets out a coo. it's a mating ritual. the dove wants your body.

this makes me think of something: when i'm in the hill country around austin in the springtime, i hear what i think may be mating calls of doves. it's when i'm in my family's old farmhouse out in the country, and it always happens at dusk - a long, sustained, oscillating, incredible ethereal coo. any of you other texas dwellers know what i'm talking about? might be quail, for all i know.

By TBone on Friday, June 16, 2006 - 12:30 am:

Ugh. Dirty, dirty birds with their tiny reptile brains. I will never keep a bird as a pet.

By Czarina on Friday, June 16, 2006 - 10:26 am:

You should never have said that.Now they will be targeting you,to peck your eyes out.

By semillama on Friday, June 16, 2006 - 11:10 am:

Robins are mainly carnivores, but switch to berries in the winter.

By spiracle on Friday, June 16, 2006 - 12:03 pm:

droopy..maybe prairie chickens?

By droopy on Friday, June 16, 2006 - 12:24 pm:

i don't think so. the prairie chicken mating call is called "booming". what i hear is not a boom. i'll have to ask the people who live down there.

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact