Late August early September 2009 Baby & Food Wardrobe

sorabji.com: What are you wearing?: Late August early September 2009 Baby & Food Wardrobe
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By Danielssss for Droopy on Saturday, August 22, 2009 - 06:31 pm:

it took my artifact of a computer a full minute to load this old thread. there's no way i'd join any discussion on it. you could try to start a new thread. but unless it was about babies or food, you'd probably be shit out of luck.

i'm wearing a pair of tighty whities. nada mas. it's 82 in my apartment, any more clothing and i'd be sweating profusely.

By Danielssss on Saturday, August 22, 2009 - 06:39 pm:

Droop said no one would post to last week's ressurected waywn? thread because a. it is old, b. it didn't concern babies or food, or c. it was of little interest to the newly ophicated sorabite reader.

So, because there must be something about babies and food in this thread, I am cooking some freshly picked green chiles (allegedly not too hot), chicken, celery, onion, garlic, in stew like concoction following none too closely the Range Cookbook from the Range Restaurant in Bernalillo NM. Kickass recipes from a wonderful place. I especially liked the green chile ice cream.

And sorabjibabies would liklely not like this spicy concoction. But I am wearing dirty old man clothes: Merrill approach shoes, too youthful for a fat old man, hanes whiteys tan kahki shorts and a grey henley. Went to the farmer's market for "local" food this morning and found a spaghetti squash from CA.

So there, I did the impossible, posting food babies and wardrobe for all you lurkers out there who said it couldn't be done.

Anybody need soap? Making some next weekend. Any requests?

By droopy on Sunday, August 23, 2009 - 12:40 pm:

the only thing i found interesting was the word "ophicated." i looked it up in my oxford dictionary but i wasn't there. there are a lot of ophi- words, though. that prefix turns out to refer to snakes. so ophicated means reptilian or seperntine. or that you've been snaked.

what i really want to talk about is the flooding that has happened in my apartment. early last evening, i had a friend over doing some laundry (his machine died). when we finished, we went roamed the town, hit a bar or two. when i came back late last night, i noticed some dampness in my bedroom near the doors, but was too tired to thing much about it.

first, let me explain how my pad is laid out. the washer and dryer in my apartment are in a hallway recessed into the ball; they have a couple of folding doors in front of them. they are right next to my bedroom: they dryer is against the wall of my bedroom. on the other side of that wall is a dresser with a bookcase.

this morning i woke up to find a ring of water around the dresser. a sopping-wet semicircle that led from the hall door clear around to the bathroom door on the other side of the dresser. there was a stack of books next to the dresser withing the semicircle. i picked them all up and the bottom book, a hardcover, was wet and soaked through from about 2 inches from the bottom. the carpet was looked sort of puffed up and felt squishy. the point is, it was flooded.

i went around to try to find the source. there was no water in the hall. but when i felt between the washer and dryer, it was wet. apparently, the washer had been slowly leaking water and the runoff seems to have been through the wall into my bedroom. it's jus possible this has been going on for quite a while in a subtle enough way that i never noticed it.

i see nothing useful in calling in a "maintenance emergy" today. they'd only send over a guy who'd look at and say, "that's fucked up, dude."

but this is probably going to be deeply inconveniencing for me. the washer and dryer the can just pull out and replace. but they're probably going to want to pull up the rug in my bedroom and of course address the integrity of the wall that has had water leak through it.

By Danielssss on Sunday, August 23, 2009 - 12:59 pm:

yes, I had to look it up too and it didn't exist so my thinking "sophisticated" turned into "serpent worshipping" and I thought, well, f, why not. It is ("Ophicated) something that some oriental websites contained according to Bing, a search engine I dislike with intensity. And apparently there is a reference to writing code in in ophicated manner too.

Water in the carpet sucks. Was it Rushdie's hardcover that got it two inches up the ...

By Daniophictedlssss on Sunday, August 23, 2009 - 01:00 pm:

and Droop, when you looked the word up, I find it interesting that you weren't there.

By droopy on Sunday, August 23, 2009 - 01:14 pm:

the book that got soaked was "the world treasury of modern religious thought." oooh.

i always think it's weird to see my handle capitalized. when i post as droopy it's an adjective, not a name. without the -y, it would be a verb or a noun. also, the D in comic sans looks like the head of penis to me. obviously an erect one at that angle. so it almost seems out of place in that word. ironic or oxymoronic.

======Droop

weren't where? in the dictionary? in the room?

By Danielssss on Sunday, August 23, 2009 - 01:51 pm:

per the above:

"i looked it up in my oxford dictionary but i wasn't there. there are a lot to..."

By droopy on Sunday, August 23, 2009 - 02:01 pm:

ah, a metaphysical missed key stroke.

By agatha on Monday, August 24, 2009 - 12:56 pm:

Would you two gentlemen like to know what I'm wearing? I'm eating a mini quiche from the bakery down the street. It was a donation for Cleo's camp, but they gave the camp about20 quiche, and they didn't have room to bring them with.

I'm so sorry about the flooding, droop. Keep us posted on how that gets resolved.

By Danielssss on Monday, August 24, 2009 - 02:18 pm:

You're not wearing the quiche I hope. I usually wear my food, (and in keeping with the unintended theme) all of it goes to my middle.

Of course "we" all are interested in what you're wearing. In the other older thread, whcih is still being revived...there's a discussion of "panties" versus "underpants."

Now if you were wearing the bakery down the street, that would be, well, strange but novel.

Of course, of course.

And droop, there's nothing kind about wet walls and carpet, especially a few days later.

By droopy on Monday, August 24, 2009 - 05:56 pm:

waited all day for a maintenance guy to show. he finally showed up a little before 4pm and looked like he should still be in high school. i told him what i thought was going on - the washer leaking, the water seaping across the wall. he ran the washer and couldn't see a leak. i showed him the carpet, but by this it was pretty dry with maybe a few tell-tale signs. he just told me that if the flooding happens again, call the office. fine by me. i'll just be sure to do laundry early on a weekday. at least i reported it. if it causes major structural damage, it's their fault.

am pouring a glass of wine. i've got some cooked peppers, squash, and onions all mixed together; i think i'm going to put it over some of this soft, semi-flat bread someone gave me. and call it dinner.

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact