Pet names you and your sig other use for each other

sorabji.com: Words: Pet names you and your sig other use for each other
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By Patrick on Wednesday, December 1, 1999 - 08:25 pm:

her to me:
    -daddy
    -hot pants
    -hot stuff
    -baby

me to her:
    -chicken
    -toots
    -sweets
    -mama
    -baby

this is kinda silly i know, but what the fuck it's better other conversations around here

By Czarina on Wednesday, December 1, 1999 - 08:43 pm:

Hot pants ?

By Isolde on Wednesday, December 1, 1999 - 10:00 pm:

Hmmm...interesting...wretch and wench are ours, actually. Way into the W's, I guess...

By Gee on Thursday, December 2, 1999 - 12:37 am:

Boys I've gone with alays called me "baby". Even boys I don't go with call me that sometimes. I guess it's just a generic word you call girls. What a freaking rip-off.

One boy I went with would call me Angel. I thought that was great, and then I found out he called all women that. So I asked him not to call anyone else Angel, because I wanted to be the only one. And he said he wouldn't call anyone else Angel, but I caught him doing it. Liar.

By heather on Thursday, December 2, 1999 - 12:51 am:

someone used to call me sunshine

it sounds really dorky but it felt really nice

By Moonit on Thursday, December 2, 1999 - 01:05 am:

I call the Grump:
    Andy-Pandy-Smandy-Grandy-BooBoo but you have to say it fast
    'drew
    Grump

he calls me:
    Melly (when he wants something)
    Wench
    Witch
    and he used to call me Troll until we named the cat that

By J on Thursday, December 2, 1999 - 12:18 pm:

I call him Big Daddy or Big Dad or Honey.He calls me Baby,Honey,Sweet Cheeks.He use to call me Ho,but I,m hep to that now.The pizza shit use to call me Sunshine too Rhi,I liked it too.

By J on Thursday, December 2, 1999 - 12:21 pm:

Sorry not Rhi, Heather.The mind goes first,use to get Waffles and Fetid Beaver confused too.I don,t know why.

By Sarah on Thursday, December 2, 1999 - 04:13 pm:

one of my college boyfriends used to call me Peanut. that man was so delicious. this will probably sound totally dorky, but he did this Sunday Evening Chillout radio program and his moniker was The Chillmaster Toby P. mmm mmmmmm.

anyway, last i heard he was married and living in atlanta and working for turner productions.

also, Sugar works for me too.

By Rhiannon on Thursday, December 2, 1999 - 04:38 pm:

I usually think that pet names are silly, but I must say...."the Grump" and "Peanut" are just adorable!

When I was in grade school, my best friend's older brother used to call me Angel -- because my friend was really mean and I was patient with her -- and I think that contributed a great deal to my crush on him.

By Patrick on Thursday, December 2, 1999 - 05:33 pm:

why are they silly? they can be silly, in context but they are euphemisms for affection. Thats a good thing right.........??????

By Rhiannon on Thursday, December 2, 1999 - 06:23 pm:

I don't know. Did I go into my "romance vs. affection" spiel here? If they fall on the side on affection, they're okay.

By Patrick on Thursday, December 2, 1999 - 06:33 pm:

no, but why don't you?

By Rhiannon on Thursday, December 2, 1999 - 06:56 pm:

I thought I did. Here it is again:

Affection = good. Romance = bad. Affection I define as a spontaneous expression of love and warmth and fondness, and you get the ideas for it from your own heart. Romance is planned and the ideas come from society or the conventional notions of "people say this is what you're supposed to do." And it, like "sensitivity" is often used as self-promotion.

Yes, I remember...I got into this when Crimson talked about receiving roses.

Romance is a facade. It's doing things that *our culture* thinks are romantic...the whole "candlelit dinners and long walks on the beach" deal. NOT because you *really* like walking on the beach for a long time. But because it's *considered* a romantic thing to do, and you want your beloved to think you're romantic, and that's why you do it. There's artifice involved.

Another example: romance = getting down on one knee when proposing marriage. Why are you down there? Because you think that's what you have to do, that's why. Please.

So...calling your loved one pet names *not because you really think he/she is a sweetie, for example* but because you think *well, I gotta call him/her something cute*. This usually results in things like "love muffin" and other ghastly things that cause nausea in eavesdroppers.

For the record, no one said anything nauseating here. And I know I overanalyze things. Leave me alone.

By Patrick on Thursday, December 2, 1999 - 07:02 pm:

I see, i agree and you did explain yourself earlier, sorry.

By Fetidbeaver on Thursday, December 2, 1999 - 08:10 pm:

She calls me "dad-head"
    I call her "moooeey"
    I don't know why, it started 10 years ago.

By Rhiannon on Thursday, December 2, 1999 - 08:15 pm:

Dad-head? That sounds like it would be hard to say fast unless you have a Cockney accent.

By Isolde on Thursday, December 2, 1999 - 08:48 pm:

Moonit--I see Troll is common. That's one of his other nicknames--among Buffalo Boy.

By Kymical on Thursday, December 2, 1999 - 10:56 pm:

i dated one guy i called ian from minor threat.

yes his name was ian. i think i called him that because it was a great thing in my mind to be called, but he had never heard of the band. he was a weenie.

the pet names i have used, are usually incorperating their name:
    crazy frank
    johnny
    sean-larry

i have been called addiction, kymmi, love, ducky.

angel is special to me cause my grandfather used to call me that. he said it was because i was special. it turned out he couldn't remember my name. he just knew that i was his only grand child that didn't live down the street and that was a god send for him.

i get mushy when guys call me angel.

i think my favorite was what i was called by a guy i never dated but wanted to so badly. (he had some weird attachment to his evil ex girlfrend.) he called me angelfuck.
    (a very sweet misfits reference)
    he also called me his vampira.

i like being called a guy's "little girl" or "girl"
    mostly cause i don't feel feminine a lot of the time. i feel like no one knows i am a female. it is sweet to be called that.

By Pamela on Friday, December 3, 1999 - 12:49 am:

me to him:
    honey
    angel
    sweetie
    darlin'
    pookie (but I call one my cats pookiebutt sometimes, and I have no idea why)
    my little kumquat
    honeybunns
    lover
    Mr. Yummy Man
    baby
    boss
    asshole (but only when he annoys me, and I've actually vowed to not do that ever again)

him to me:
    honey
    bebe (pronounced baybay)
    grumpy (like his licence plate holder says, "sometimes I wake up grumpy, other times I let her sleep")
    peach

I think that's it...

By Gee on Friday, December 3, 1999 - 12:58 am:

I must admit...I like it when boys call me "little girl" too. It sounds sexual.

I never called any of the boys I was with pet names. I just felt silly saying things like that. Maybe it would have been different if I'd had something Real to call them, but the only things that came to my mind were things like "honey" and "sweetie" and I just feel Goofy saying that. The closest I ever came to a pet name was with Dave, who I called Homer. Or Homie. I did that because he would say "doh" a lot.

The only thing is, I called him Homer ALL THE TIME and even introduced him as that. For a while I think I forgot his name was really Dave. So I don't think that counts.

I call one of the boys I work with "little fella".

By Lather on Friday, December 3, 1999 - 07:16 am:

Lucy calls me "sweetie", "baby", and sometimes "my angel".

I call her "baby-baby", singing it softly to the key the Supremes use backing up Diana Ross in "Where did our love go". Sometimes I call her "baby doll", when she's looking particularly baby-dollish. :P

By Czarina on Friday, December 3, 1999 - 10:46 am:

Larry-Dean-Donkey-Dick

By Crimson on Friday, December 3, 1999 - 11:37 am:

sometimes, we call each other "boo"...so we both have the same pet name. hell if i know how it got started. sometimes, he also calls me "koala" (because i'm so damn cute & cuddly, of course).

neither of those names are half as interesting as "fruit bat", which a friend of mine frequently called his wife. "come here, fruit bat". "i love you, fruit bat". it made me laugh out loud.

so, since we're on the subject of pet names--how many of you have pet names for your genitalia? most guys i've met do.

but then again, maybe i've just been hanging out w/ some weird guys.

By Kymical on Friday, December 3, 1999 - 11:44 am:

i call my brests the twins.

although naturally one is bigger than the other, so technically they are fraternal.

guys don't like it when you name their genitailia.
    maybe it is just me, cause they don't seem to like it when i make it talk either.

By Kymical on Friday, December 3, 1999 - 11:44 am:

i call my breasts the twins.

although naturally one is bigger than the other, so technically they are fraternal.

guys don't like it when you name their genitailia.
    maybe it is just me, cause they don't seem to like it when i make it talk either.

By Patrick on Friday, December 3, 1999 - 11:59 am:

well, i only speak for myself, but I am revolted at the reference of meat products, reagrding the penis, i dunno.....she has been known to call him mr. man, but that may be revelingto much

By J on Friday, December 3, 1999 - 12:34 pm:

Czarina,what I blast from the past.I remember Larry Dean Donkey Dick,when Bruce introduced us,I couldn,t help but look at his crotch and snicker.I told him "I,ve heard so much about you"while shamelessly looking you know where.Bruce got so mad at me.I asked Bruce once what he called his ding-a-ling.He said he called it Blanch(DeBoise)cause it always depended on the kindness of strangers.

By Patrick on Friday, December 3, 1999 - 12:41 pm:

hold me J,

By J on Friday, December 3, 1999 - 02:36 pm:

hold you or "it"? If I remember right,you must be a little like Larry Dean,from some of your previous posts.

By Patrick on Friday, December 3, 1999 - 02:54 pm:

who is larry dean? and i meant me not him

By J on Friday, December 3, 1999 - 02:59 pm:

Larry Dean Donkey Dick was a gay guy well known for his huge thing,Czarina threw that name on here and I just cracked up.ut I,ll hold you sweetpea,hugs.

By Patrick on Friday, December 3, 1999 - 03:04 pm:

oh...i decline to comment

By Czarina on Friday, December 3, 1999 - 03:07 pm:

J, I thought you'd get a kick out of old LDDD!

By J on Friday, December 3, 1999 - 03:35 pm:

LMAO

By Lucy Phurre on Friday, December 3, 1999 - 03:41 pm:

I'm sorry, but nobody holds a candle to John Holmes (actually, there's probably video to contradict me on that point). I know where I can get a John Holmes (from an actual casting of the legendary package itself) dildo. I'm thinking of designing a strap-on harness for one so I can wear it to parties.
    I call Lather baby-baby, too, and I love the way he says it.
    I call him pretty feet... and then I tell him the story about the Norse god who was mistaken for Baldur by his feet... some kind of ocean god... it's complicated and I still have to look up the name of the god, b/c it suits him and I keep forgetting.
    And sometimes I call him Baldur.
    Or "my pretty Viking" (esp. now that he has a Thor's hammer)

By Czarina on Friday, December 3, 1999 - 04:09 pm:

LMAO?

By on Friday, December 3, 1999 - 05:42 pm:

L....M; A, O!

By J on Friday, December 3, 1999 - 06:08 pm:

Laugh my ass off.

By Rhiannon on Friday, December 3, 1999 - 06:15 pm:

For the record, I didn't write "L....M; A, O!" despite what the results tree thingy says. My punctuation would have been more consistent.

By Lucy Phurre on Friday, December 3, 1999 - 06:15 pm:

Lather and I want to start a movement to get people to pronounce those things.
    I have actually trained myself to pronounce
    "ROTFLMAO"
    I will have to get the Victor Borge (is that the right guy... anyway, the guy's name is that or something similar) sound effects for the smiley faces, though.

By MapleLeaf on Friday, December 3, 1999 - 07:16 pm:

How about PEBKAC ?

problem exists between keyboard and chair

By Rhiannon on Friday, December 3, 1999 - 07:36 pm:

I don't get it.

By Lucy on Friday, December 3, 1999 - 08:09 pm:

It's a computer tech support term for:
    "We've identified why the computer is malfunctioning; the user is an idiot"
    And PEBKAC is easy to pronounce, I pronounced that before I pronounced any other irritating acronym, although I always spelled it PEBCAK.

By Lucy on Friday, December 3, 1999 - 08:10 pm:

It's a computer tech support term for:
    "We've identified why the computer is malfunctioning; the user is an idiot"
    And PEBKAC is easy to pronounce, I pronounced that before I pronounced any other irritating acronym, although I always spelled it PEBCAK.

By Lucy on Friday, December 3, 1999 - 08:26 pm:

oops

By Gee on Saturday, December 4, 1999 - 02:37 am:

I knew a boy who would call my breasts "the boys" which I thought was really weird. I mean...the BOYS??

He had a name for his penis, too, but I wouldn't tell any of you people what it was. I thought it was really funny, though.

By cyst on Saturday, December 4, 1999 - 05:39 pm:

you tease.

By Lather on Sunday, December 5, 1999 - 02:32 pm:

Hmmm. Well, I refer to the inner labia of my so's most intimate of areas "butterfly wings".

Now, c'mon Gee, tell us, tell us! I won't laugh - promise!

By semillama on Sunday, December 5, 1999 - 08:13 pm:

None of my relationships have every progressed far enough for that kind of stuff.

I make up for it with my cat, whose given name is sekelaga:

Dood
    Socker-rocker
    socker-dood
    Pooch
    Butter dood.

Christ that's saaaaaad.
    Excuse me.

By Rhiannon on Sunday, December 5, 1999 - 09:47 pm:

Sad, yes, but in an endearing way.

By semillama on Sunday, December 5, 1999 - 10:11 pm:

That's my life story

"Sad, but in an endearing way" I really like that.

"Clueless, but in an endearing way" also works.

thanks, Rhi.

By Gee on Sunday, December 5, 1999 - 11:38 pm:

I'm not afraid anyone will laugh. Some of the names I've seen here are Far sillier than my friend's name for His friend. Some things are just too personal to share.

In light of some of the things I've said here, that must seem really ironic.

By Lucy Phurre on Monday, December 6, 1999 - 12:26 pm:

Um... sweetie, did you have to tell *that* particular story?
    *nervous laugh*

Actually, it's a really cute habit of his.

And the reason Lather doesn't have too many pet names is because his real name, which none of you people get to hear :P is so pretty to begin with.

By Patrick on Monday, December 6, 1999 - 12:40 pm:

uncomfortable

By IrritatedLucy on Monday, December 6, 1999 - 12:47 pm:

Who asked you?

By Patrick on Monday, December 6, 1999 - 01:07 pm:

well i know i am not supposed to talk to you and all, but seeing as how this is public message board, thats kinda of difficult, NO one asked me, but last i checked a post did not have to be solicited, as in any one can say anything about anything said......last i checked i didn't ask you or lather about lots of things but you spoke to me anyway right..........so....i wanted to reiterate what cyst expressed before....the love notes and the bits of personal detail between two posters seems uncomfortable, especially when it is concerning your uhhm...er...labia!......if ____ started gabbing about agatha's labia, i would repsond all the same so dont get on the i-am-hounding-YOU tip.........

besides i started this post , so will say what ever i like when i like

love
    p

By Patrick on Monday, December 6, 1999 - 01:26 pm:

er ...I started this THREAD

By heather on Monday, December 6, 1999 - 01:44 pm:

i thought it was sweet

By Patrick on Monday, December 6, 1999 - 01:51 pm:

perhaps recent events have made me immune to the sweeteness from certain sources, it's not that i think the intent is uncomfortable, but these are things I don't want to know......

By Lucy Phurre on Monday, December 6, 1999 - 02:21 pm:

Look, I asked you to leave me alone, and you wouldn't, so now, you're going to have to take what you dish out so readily.

By J on Monday, December 6, 1999 - 02:30 pm:

Come on Patrick...any other time you,d be asking for pictures.

By Patrick on Monday, December 6, 1999 - 02:30 pm:

um....er......whatever...you asked me a question above and i answered it, it's a two way street Lucy, deal with it, now last i checked i haven't said anything mean-spirited since last thursday (no that any opf what i have said has come close to the "syphilactic cunt"-like names you called me....), regardless i took all of you idiotic name calling, you are the only still talking about the blakakakalakalakalakalakalakalakalakalakalakalakalak............so if you ask me question I will respond, if you say something in converstaion that i can relate to or add to such as a dorm room experience or fear flying, I will do so without incident, thats my adult way of forgeting about the bullshit, however if you insist on making the sniping comments here elsewhere or to your mother or whatever, I DON'T CARE,

"to take what you dish out so readily. "

this doesn't mean anything to me, this doesn't affect me, the more you attack me me or snip at me the more you make yourself look bad. OK?

so, again, you asked me a question i responded....end of story.

By Patrick on Monday, December 6, 1999 - 02:33 pm:

no, actually J, it truly does make me feel awkward.......surely you see the difference here.....i think perhaps you would feel weird if my wife an I started posting in detail, TO EACH OTHER in front of everyone else...

well maybe not YOU, but i am sure others would...

By Lucy Phurre on Monday, December 6, 1999 - 03:09 pm:

I think the proof of motivation lies in the little shit's timing in objecting to the comment.... when Lather posted, he didn't object.
    When I gently chided Lather for it, he attacked me.
    So fuck him.

By Patrick on Monday, December 6, 1999 - 03:15 pm:

actually this little shit held back for hopes it was a passing thing, this little shit held back because things were more heated last week, but when i read the labia comment this morning i had to say something.....i'll say it again.

uncomfortable

off to fuck myself

By Patrick on Monday, December 6, 1999 - 03:23 pm:

by the way it was an all inclusive comment to all parties involved Lucy, i wasn't attacking you or anyone, i made comment about MY feelings....YOU took it as an attack.....and again I only saw both comments as of this am, i didn't log on over the weekend........so it wasn't like i was waiting for you to post to say something.......jesus age christ....i should adopt ________'s policy......

by the way, what happened to simon and lawanda?

By Lucy Phurre on Monday, December 6, 1999 - 03:53 pm:

"I'm not touching you, I'm not touching you, I'm not touching you"

LEAVEMETHEHELLALONE!!!

By semillama on Monday, December 6, 1999 - 08:11 pm:

For Crying out Loud You two, Go stand in the corner! At first it was mildly distressing, then amusing, even at points had me laughing pretty hard, but now its like hearing the same knock knock joke over and over again. I used to look forward to individual posts from both of you but shit, I know what you're going to say!

Man, if the "most mellow guy on the boards" (hardly) can get tired of this clutter, then I sure as hell ain't the only one.

Time to watch some wrasslin'.

Instead of reading it.

By Patrick on Monday, December 6, 1999 - 08:23 pm:

sorry sem, i know it is tiresome i have confined the subject to one thread which is easily identifiable.......wrasslin sounds like a good idea, instead i am about to go drink some beers and wings (pitcher bud 20 wings for $10) and "watch" a football game with some buddies, i just wnt to play darts....

By Gee on Tuesday, December 7, 1999 - 01:46 am:

Semillama, do you only dig up the earth in the states?

By semillama on Tuesday, December 7, 1999 - 09:07 pm:

at the moment.

Why? are you offering me a job? or a full ride scholarship to a Canadian school offering PH.ds?
    (hint: the above sentence is one that ever person that has a BA in anthropology has constantly going through their head. MS in Archaeology blunt this w/ mass quantities of Alcohol)

If i had the time and money, I could get in on a fantastic dig in teh north of England.

but I don't

You aren't offering me a job, are you? I have a year and a half left on this gig.

patrick: saw the thread. should've been done a long time ago. Definitely like the internet equivalent of slowing down to see teh firemen use the Jaws of life...

By Gee on Wednesday, December 8, 1999 - 01:13 am:

uhm...no, I'm not offering you a job. Not unless the position of 'Unpaid Slave Boy' appeals to you. I was just curious.

By Moonit on Thursday, December 9, 1999 - 01:12 am:

mmmm an unpaid slave boy would be a nice addition to any household.

Sem: The grump surprised me the other day by buying me some Stone Cold Steve Austin videos *g* I'm in Stone Cold heaven.

By PointingOutTheObviousLucy on Thursday, December 9, 1999 - 12:23 pm:

" i have confined
    the subject to one thread"
    ROTFL
    I find this incredibly ironic... since the whole problem stems from your overwhelming need to drag your dirty little grudges all over the boards.

By Lather on Saturday, December 11, 1999 - 07:19 am:

Sorry if I offended anyone.

Bye

By Bk on Saturday, December 11, 1999 - 11:31 am:

Moonit; did you here about Stone cold retiring?

man i hope he becomes a commentator or somthing.

By Antigone on Saturday, December 11, 1999 - 02:15 pm:

Bye, Lather, and best wishes to you and your kith!

By Taetia on Saturday, December 11, 1999 - 05:55 pm:

My sig other and I use "bunnibles" and "other
    bunnibles" depending on who said "bunnibles"
    first.

I used to have a lot of pet names from and for
    boyfriends, but then I was married and divorced
    and got cynical and bitter, so "bunnibles" is all
    I'm up for.

By Gee on Sunday, December 12, 1999 - 02:47 am:

I have pet names for my cats and dogs. Is that redundant? I like to call them sweetie and honey and baby and cutie and sometimes pumpkinhead or skullhead.

By Taetia on Sunday, December 12, 1999 - 09:34 pm:

Gee - me too - lol.

Satchmo the cat: Podius Maximus, SlowPo, AT-AT
    (he has long legs and I'm a Star Wars geek)

Ruby the cat: Scooby, MooCow

Theodore the cat: TeddoBear, Teddly Freddly,
    Class One Apricot (he loves his cardboard box from
    the greengrocer)

Ess the dog: Esso Of The Besseloes, EssieBessie,
    The Big Yellow Pig

By Spiracle on Sunday, December 12, 1999 - 10:58 pm:

my pet name for my pets (or anyone elses pet) has always been 'monster'

By Fetidbeaver on Monday, December 13, 1999 - 08:12 am:

Taetia, is that your real name? It sounds pretty. (assuming I'm pronouncing it correcrly in my head)

By Fetidbeaver on Monday, December 13, 1999 - 08:13 am:

Taetia, is that your real name? It sounds pretty.
    (assuming I'm pronouncing it correctly in my head)

By Patrick on Monday, December 13, 1999 - 12:28 pm:

one my cats have a pet name too, anna karenina's nick name is bug, cause when she is affectionate, she makes this bug-like short purr, kinda like a cricket....

god that's so unintersting, fuck me

By Taetia on Monday, December 13, 1999 - 04:45 pm:

FB: yes, it's my real name. It's usually
    pronounced "teesha," though people have called me
    "taysha" and "tysha" if they learned Ancient
    Greek. My brother's nickname for me is
    Tishlypish.

Is FoetidBeaver your real name? Or someone's idea
    of an affectionate nickname for you?

(Why does the preview thingo always leave a few
    words off at the end??

By Fetidbeaver on Monday, December 13, 1999 - 06:13 pm:

The fetidbeaver started as a joke. We use to go to chat rooms under the names Smelly Snatch, her friend Starkist and other lover Fetidbeaver. It was a riot. People's reactions ranged from disgusted to pathetic turned on losers who wanted to cyber sex.
    I've been thinking about a new name for here due to the fact that I can't discuss some things here without friends, family and co-workers knowing too much. I'm also afraid that if I do change name and then start talking openly, someone will do the view source a say "oh that's fetidbeaver's address"
    This would only cause me trouble.

By Nate on Monday, December 13, 1999 - 06:40 pm:

oh PUHLEEEZE.

no one would do that.

By Patrick on Monday, December 13, 1999 - 08:20 pm:

don't worry mr. beav, i know how to use this power responsibly. I only did the one above in the other thread to try it out and that particular post was the only new and/or unidentified poster...your secret and anyone else's are safe

By Moonit on Monday, December 13, 1999 - 08:51 pm:

BK... noooooo nooooooooooooooooooooonooooonooooooooo

By Taetia on Monday, December 13, 1999 - 09:56 pm:

I'd like to be turned on, but "foetid" ... well
    ... hmm...

I don't have the energy for pseudonyms, but then -
    my friends and family and co-workers are unlikely
    to come across me here.

Be brave. Stiff upper lip. Damn the torpedoes,
    full steam ahead. A stitch in time saves nine.
    Eat your pumpkin.

[It's a good thing I can preview this, or it would
    have ended "eat your pu" and you'd be thinking:
    "purse? puppy? pustule?"]

By Fetidbeaver on Monday, December 13, 1999 - 10:16 pm:

Eat your pumpkin?

By Taetia on Monday, December 13, 1999 - 10:25 pm:

Pustules and puppies more appealing?

By Fb on Monday, December 13, 1999 - 10:27 pm:

If prepared properly....maybe:+)

By Taetia on Monday, December 13, 1999 - 10:34 pm:

May I draw your attention to the recently posted "Vegetable Crepes" in another thread? Just pretend the beansprouts are puppy parts, and the yoghurt is pustular exudations. Or not.

What have you got against pumpkin, anyway? I'm going to have to contact the Pumpkin Union and have you seen to.

By Gee on Tuesday, December 14, 1999 - 03:23 am:

What is this thing about boys poking girls in the stomach area? Does that have some meaning for boys such as "I must have you!" ? Everytime a boy has poked me in that general area, later on something (you know: Something) would happen.

Now a boy I work with has poked me twice. The first time he caught me by surprise and I threw a book at him, the second time I saw it coming and got by with only a mild squel (sorry Rhiannon).

I don't want to hear any Pilsbury Doughboy comments.

By Rhiannon on Tuesday, December 14, 1999 - 10:39 am:

That's interesting. My stomach is an area of my body that no one is allowed to touch. When I was little, my brother would sometimes punch me in the stomach, and I always have dreams about people punching or poking me in the stomach, and it completely freaks me out. It hurts so much. If anyone poked me in the stomach now I would kick them in theirs. But....Gee, you like it? I take it you like the motives behind it, not the actual poking itself?

By Crimson on Tuesday, December 14, 1999 - 11:23 am:

poking is one of the few crappy habits that my husband's got. he still thinks it's funny to poke me, after all these many years & near-daily requests for him to stop. i HATE being poked. i can't understand why a person would even think of touching another person like that. after all, one either touches a person to love or to maim them; poking falls into some weird gray area that i don't understand. i've talked w/ a number of people whose significant others do this. oddly enough, the pokers are almost always male & the pokees are female. some kind of bizarre freudian gesture, perhaps?

By Clover on Tuesday, December 14, 1999 - 12:20 pm:

have you seen my shandells?

By J on Tuesday, December 14, 1999 - 12:55 pm:

Oh that,s so funny,I saw them eons ago,I was 11 or 12,they played for free at Encanto Park,at a out door arena,they had grapefruit trees there,and soon people were throwing them at them,my girlfriends and I didn,t throw anything at them,but we were rolling on the grass just hysterical.

By Nate on Tuesday, December 14, 1999 - 01:18 pm:

over and over.

By Click on Tuesday, December 14, 1999 - 01:23 pm:

(distortion/fuzz/increase cutoff freuquency)

By Taetia on Tuesday, December 14, 1999 - 01:43 pm:

Gee: he's marking his territory. Could be worse
    - he could piss on your shoes.

By Gee on Wednesday, December 15, 1999 - 01:21 am:

1) I like to poke people. Boys, actually. I don't ever seem to poke girls. I only poke the boys I'm comfterble with. The boy who's poked me, is one boy I poke a lot.

2) I don't really like being poked in that general area because I'm not "hard" there, and it makes me feel a little self-concious. That's why I threw a book at him the first time he did it. He caught me by surprise and I reacted defensivly. The second time I was able to control myself because I saw it coming.

3) The motive (or possible motive) behind the poking would not be unwelcome. He's a nice looking boy with a good sense of humor, and like I said before, he lets me poke Him and dosen't run away.

4) I should clarify. "Something" doesn't happen because boy's poke me. It's just something I've noticed as a possible link. Another link is playing with my hair, but that makes much more sense.

Boys are just Odd. Since when does a poke in the stomach qualify as a come-on?

By Antigone on Wednesday, December 15, 1999 - 02:52 am:

Should I draw a diagram?

By Nate on Wednesday, December 15, 1999 - 10:48 am:

"2) I don't really like being poked in that general area because I'm not "hard" there, and it makes me feel a little self-concious."

oh thank god, gee. who wants a woman with a hard stomach?

women are supposed to be soft and warm.

By Rhiannon on Wednesday, December 15, 1999 - 10:55 am:

I'm soft and warm.

That's because my brain has turned to mush and is running out of my ears at this very moment.

Back to work.

By Patrick on Wednesday, December 15, 1999 - 12:59 pm:

this poking thing you guys are talking about seems a little childish, i dunno, as an adult, i have never seen people poking each other like what has been described, nor have i been poked in such a manner....strange, very strange,

antigone, lets see the diagram, just for fun.

yeah, a soft belly is sexy, leave the abdominizers for silly blondes like susanne summers

By Antigone on Wednesday, December 15, 1999 - 08:33 pm:

Fuck, I was just bluffing!

OK, here's a completely unrelated picture...

By Isolde on Wednesday, December 15, 1999 - 10:46 pm:

ok. I have to ask.
    Exactly _what_ is sticking out of that poor animal's head?

By Antigone on Wednesday, December 15, 1999 - 10:57 pm:

It's a horn, silly. It's a rhinoceros.

By Gee on Thursday, December 16, 1999 - 01:45 am:

poking is childish, but who cares? I like being childish sometimes.

It really never occoured to me that boys would like a soft stomach. I like hard stomachs. I thought that was what most people liked. That makes me feel a little more secure.

By Antigone on Thursday, December 16, 1999 - 10:20 am:

I like a happy stomach.

By Nate on Thursday, December 16, 1999 - 11:02 am:

i'm sure some guys like hard stomachs, but then, some guys like dicks, too.

By J on Thursday, December 16, 1999 - 01:29 pm:

If they don,t like their dick,I,ll gladly cut it off and put it in a jar next to my chia penis.You can find them at Spencers,for the penis lover on your Christmas list.

By Czarina on Thursday, December 16, 1999 - 03:37 pm:

Hey!!!!! Where'd you get that picture? Thats what I got my kids for X-mas.[won't they be surprised]

By Antigone on Thursday, December 16, 1999 - 05:06 pm:

Made the picture in photoshop. I got the rhino at the Philedelphia Museum of Art.

By Isolde on Thursday, December 16, 1999 - 09:58 pm:

Antigone--thanks for clarifying...J, I think you need to post a picture of this chia penis...

By J on Friday, December 17, 1999 - 10:29 am:

By J on Friday, December 17, 1999 - 10:36 am:

That worked when I tested it before I posted it,hell I don,t get it.It,s on a site called grown men cry.I went to Spencers to find it but couldn,t,but that is where I got it.

By mistaswine on Friday, December 17, 1999 - 10:50 am:

By J on Friday, December 17, 1999 - 10:54 am:

Thanks mistasweatcheeks:)

By J on Friday, December 17, 1999 - 11:11 am:

mistasweetcheeks

By Czarina on Friday, December 17, 1999 - 11:37 am:

I liked mistasweatcheeks, it sounds arousing

By BiGT83 on Saturday, December 18, 1999 - 10:54 am:

Me to her:
    Purdy-bird (_Of Mice and Men_)

Her to me:
    Toddfrog (no comment)

You don't know me, but I'm in love with all of you.

By J on Sunday, December 19, 1999 - 01:35 pm:

Stick around,it,s like a rollercoaster and we are all going along for the ride:) He calls me wackyass,I don,t like it,but he calls me that anyway.

By Pamela on Sunday, December 19, 1999 - 02:46 pm:

wackyass! That is hilarious J!

By Gee on Monday, December 20, 1999 - 01:52 am:

When I was a little kid, I would write to Santa Claus all the time. Even though one of my friends told me her father worked for the post office and they just chucked all the Santa letters, I didn't let that stop me. I had a lot of faith back then.

One year a man came to the door on christmas eve. It was a postal man. He made me sign for a letter, and when I opened the letter it was from Santa Claus. I felt so proud.

By Crimson on Monday, December 20, 1999 - 02:47 am:

i used to write to santa, too.

in fact, i wrote him several letters one year. it was part of a class project when i was a little kid. i kinda went nuts w/ it & wrote one letter too many. i wanted santa to know what was going on in my life. i already knew about him & his reindeer & elves & mrs. claus...i wanted him to know about me. it only seemed fair.

the letters were confiscated by one my teachers & turned over to a shrink. i got a free trip to a therapist's office for christmas.

at that time, my mother had permanently deserted the family, the old man was dodging bullets in 'nam, my babysitter kept holding me down & jerking off over my feet & a neighborhood guy was scaring the hell out of me by frequently forcing his way into my house when i was alone (which was most of the time) & trying to fuck me.

i thought santa had a right to know, that's all.

but i didn't tell santa everything. i saved the really juicy stuff for the letters i was writing to jesus.

By Fetidbeaver on Monday, December 20, 1999 - 06:00 am:

aaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhh...........so like......aaaaahhhhh.....what did you ask good 'ol Saint Nick for?

By cyst on Monday, December 20, 1999 - 10:02 am:

By J on Monday, December 20, 1999 - 10:26 am:

That,s a ride I wouldn,t take.

By Czarina on Monday, December 20, 1999 - 01:50 pm:

Last year, at one of the hospitals I work at, a couple,[both employees, both married to other people], got caught taking a wild ride in the CAT scan,neither was fired, but now they lock the room, and only the CEO's can use it for extra-currticular activities. I was thinking of writing the labor board, because this seems like discrimination to me.

By Jim aka Pajama on Tuesday, December 21, 1999 - 08:10 am:

I sure haven't met many dicks I didn't like.

By Bs G on Tuesday, March 23, 2004 - 12:56 am:

he calls me
    sugarmomma
    babydoll
    baby
    sugar lips
    hot stuff
    bumpkin ( cause im a country girl)

i call him
    pooky
    pooky butt
    honey
    sweetie
    darlin
    sweetpea

By Agatha on Tuesday, March 23, 2004 - 11:07 am:

oh my gawd, this thread again.

butterfly wings. snicker.

By kazu on Tuesday, March 23, 2004 - 11:23 am:

"None of my relationships have every progressed far enough for that kind of stuff"

I would just like to report that this one has.

But he still has more nicknames for the cat than he does for me.

And that is fine.

By semillama on Tuesday, March 23, 2004 - 01:12 pm:

By wisper on Tuesday, March 23, 2004 - 06:18 pm:

awww, it's so cute!
    should glue some googly eyes on it and give it a hat.

By sarah on Wednesday, March 24, 2004 - 04:21 pm:

5 lbs is a LOT of fat!

By moonit on Wednesday, March 24, 2004 - 11:33 pm:

Is that for real?

I'm a medical mystery. Well not really, but I can pretend to get attention right?

By J on Thursday, March 25, 2004 - 01:47 am:

Are you o.k. Moonit? What kind of operation did you have? Did I miss something? Did you get any pain pills?

By moonit on Thursday, March 25, 2004 - 03:29 am:

Hysterscopy. Crap pain pills. They didn't find what they think I had. Hurt. Tired. Yuck. Went for the after op appt today. Gyane dude suggested I either have this marina implant thing (uh no), or take provera for three weeks out of four (uh no), or, but I don't recommend this for you Mel, its too extreme, have a hysterectomy (uh no).

I'm screwed.

By Park on Thursday, March 25, 2004 - 04:36 pm:

I am actually looking for a petname for the so. he's a guy, and he's so sarcastic, i have to come up with something that won't get ridiculed. Ha, like that'll happen.

Help me out here, folks.

By Pinky appletush on Thursday, March 25, 2004 - 06:34 pm:

my ex's called me
    Bay(short for babe)
    meaty-bone (I'm thick)
    Hazel(my eyes)
    angry Hant( dont know why)
    Pinky(my love for pink)

I never had a pet name for my boyfriends, but my new boyfriend is 6'8 and i call him Beanstalk from time to time, but i seen wretch and i like that so i might start calling him that

By J on Friday, March 26, 2004 - 12:47 am:

Moonit,call up your piece of shit doctor,sometime after 2 a.m. and tell that bastard YOU ARE IN PAIN!!!! Tell him you need something for the PAIN!!!!!Tell him you will sue him if anything happens because of the PAIN.I have never actually done this,but I think I would if I was in real Pain.Give me the fuckers number!I'll tell him.

By kazu on Friday, March 26, 2004 - 12:59 am:

J, you rock.

moonit, I hope you get better.

i'm feeling a little poopy myself. my bladder infection is back and there is lots of blood in my urine. going to the doctor tomorrow.

By heather on Friday, March 26, 2004 - 03:33 am:

park,

call him a dick

By moonit on Friday, March 26, 2004 - 03:45 am:

J I would, but I'm feeling heaps better now, except I won't fucking stop bleeding. It's not fun.

Kazu, hope u get better matey : )

So far this whole experience has cost me around $1200. I'm not happy for it not to be resolved.

By patrick on Friday, March 26, 2004 - 12:16 pm:

pffffft

everyone knows you take advantage of major and minor medical operations to score the good meds.

trust me. when you do need them, say after a bitching night of tequila, you'll be so grateful you went ahead and bitched and got the percocets or vicodin or whatever.

By kazu on Friday, March 26, 2004 - 12:43 pm:

I took one of Sem's percocets when this bladder infection first took hold. that was nice. i wished i'd had some last night. I wouldn't have needed the ice-cream but I probably would have eaten it anyway. Instead I had uristat which worked okay but made my pee look like I'd been drinking liquid pennies. now I have more better stronger anti-biotics than before and they sent my "nasty" (nurse's words, not mine) for a culture.

By kazu on Friday, March 26, 2004 - 12:44 pm:

correction: my nasty urine. not my nasty, I still have that.

By patrick on Friday, March 26, 2004 - 12:49 pm:

we have a decent stockpile of good meds. though the one thing either of us are lacking are good pain killers. we have some good prescription strenght 800 mg ibuprofen pills, but you can get that but eating 4 over the counter ibuprofens.

Muscle relaxers, valium, xanax, coedine syrup. we got it.

By kazu on Friday, March 26, 2004 - 01:13 pm:

I used to have a constant supply of those ibuprofen pills and muscle relaxers from when I used to get really bad back pain. the single big pills are still stronger than four little pills, I think because of how much actually gets absorbed into your system. Or something. I also have Naprelen from when I had some kind of godawful pain that set in about a week after I'd gotten hit by a car.

By kazu on Friday, March 26, 2004 - 01:21 pm:

And maybe because of how fast it gets absorbed. It was explained to me once, but now I forget.

Patrick, I hope you don't mind. I printed out bongobaby2 and showed some of the women in the office.

By patrick on Friday, March 26, 2004 - 01:37 pm:

why would I mind?

By kazu on Friday, March 26, 2004 - 01:42 pm:

I didn't think you would. Anyway, they all made "AWWWWWW" type noises. I talk about her as the baby whose photos make my ovaries itch.

By sarah on Friday, March 26, 2004 - 04:10 pm:

btw, dave calls me "boo". i have no idea why.

By kazu on Friday, March 26, 2004 - 04:23 pm:

that's cute. damn that's cute. that's so cute. very cute. I mean, cute. C-U-T-E. cute. maybe even adorable. definitely cute. cute.

By sarah on Friday, March 26, 2004 - 06:07 pm:

i have to confess something. i admit to sometimes fucking with dave. it's mostly harmless though. he's such a little love muffin, very affectionate and cuddly and all that. but when we're out w/ friends he's only a very little bit affectionate. i'm sure it's mostly because it would be inappropriate to be that affectionate in front of others, as well as nauseating for everyone else. and it would make him seem uncool.

last night for example he was having the guys over to watch basketball, but before he made those plans he said he was going to call me before he went to bed. so he waited until all the guys were outside (one of them had to take his dog to the park so they all went), then he called me. so the guys wouldn't know.

so anyway, when we make plans to go out with a group of people, i always tease him by saying subtle things that imply that i'm going to be all over him while we're out. just as an example, i'll say stupid little shit like, "save me a seat on your lap".

it totally makes him squirm with nervousness, thinking i'm going to be all gooby with him in front of our friends. but then the time comes and i'm a cool little kitten.

is that bad of me? i can't help it. it makes me laugh.

By kazu on Friday, March 26, 2004 - 06:16 pm:

It sounds harmless to me. I threaten to take Sem's pants off in the grocery store for a little lovin in the produce aisle and he gets all embarassed but usually by the time they get to his knees I laugh and say i'm just kidding.

By kazu on Friday, March 26, 2004 - 06:21 pm:

seriously though, too much affection from couples who are friends is really nauseating. yeah. sem always manages to do something though, which is cute. i like touching feet under the table.

By kazu on Friday, March 26, 2004 - 07:03 pm:

I just remember the thing I do mess with sem playfully. I often forget to put the toilet paper on the roll-holder on the wall and he pointed this out. So then I started doing it on purpose. Then I started taking the roll that is on there off. Then I started hiding the thing that holds the roll on the wall. That's what I do.

By wisper on Friday, March 26, 2004 - 11:10 pm:

moonit.....hysterectomy ......you lucky bitch.

By moonit on Saturday, March 27, 2004 - 12:30 am:

yeah but wisper, i think i want kids, so its not an option right now.

By wisper on Saturday, March 27, 2004 - 07:37 pm:

oh but honey, you can adopt!
    and no horror of childbirth!
    and you'll never have a period again!

By J on Sunday, March 28, 2004 - 12:06 pm:

I'm sending you hugs Moonit,I'm glad your feeling better,this is bound to be hard for you,but this too will pass.And Wisper right,no stretch marks either.

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact