NaNoWriMo

sorabji.com: Words: NaNoWriMo
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By Spider on Thursday, October 30, 2003 - 04:22 pm:

http://www.nanowrimo.org/

This is exciting.

I've had a bunch of characters and a basic plot in my head for about 10 years, but have never written anything because I couldn't figure out at what point in the story to start.

I really like the idea of writing anything, even the worst crap, just to reach your goal of 50,000 words. Screw writer's block, just get it out and think about editing later.

Nate, Sarah - think about this. Y'all have a novel in you.

OH, this is exciting, too, because I need structure when I write. I minored in Creative Writing in college but haven't written a thing since graduation because I lacked support and feedback. This gives me support and feedback!

Only 2 days to prepare...

By Spider on Thursday, October 30, 2003 - 04:22 pm:

By sarah on Thursday, October 30, 2003 - 04:50 pm:

i tried it two years ago and failed to reach the goal. i think nate recently said he was thinking about trying it this year.

By Nate on Thursday, October 30, 2003 - 07:34 pm:

yup. that's my plan.

i'm also moving and a variety of other activites in november, so we'll see how it goes.

but then again, no work. so, no excuses.

By TBone on Thursday, October 30, 2003 - 08:35 pm:

I'm signed up too.
    Primed.

By Nate on Thursday, October 30, 2003 - 10:14 pm:

By J on Friday, October 31, 2003 - 01:59 am:

Don't be so sarcastic Nate,you can do it,seriously.

By J on Friday, October 31, 2003 - 01:59 am:

Don't be so sarcastic Nate,you can do it,seriously.

By Spider on Friday, October 31, 2003 - 09:46 am:

Hey, I was on vacation when you posted that.

By Lapis on Friday, October 31, 2003 - 11:50 am:

Signed up a week ago.

By Nate on Friday, October 31, 2003 - 12:12 pm:

i feel so misunderstood.

my 'feh' wasa comment on what i wrote in the other thread.

tomorrow is day 1! are we going to sorabjisupport each other?

i can discretely provide a place to post novels if anyone doesn't have hosting to do so.

By Spider on Friday, October 31, 2003 - 12:23 pm:

I don't even have a computer yet. :P I'm going to see me dad this weekend and see if my old computer is in the basement...I have no idea where it went.

I'm enthused by the "Make no mistake: You will be writing a lot of crap." I know it. I'm trying to plan out my plotline and I keep running into major points that involve stuff I know nothing about, save what I've gleaned from TV and movies. Like police procedures, immigration laws, medical stuff....I'm just going to make it all up, just to get the story out of me. Wheee!

By Spider on Friday, October 31, 2003 - 01:18 pm:

Yes, let's support each other.

What do you want to do?

By Nate on Friday, October 31, 2003 - 01:42 pm:

i dunno.

nothing until monday!

By The Watcher on Friday, October 31, 2003 - 03:57 pm:

Cool!!!

I've often tried to write. But, my grammer is terrible. And, I've never gotten beyond the beginning of any of them.

I really wished I had the time for this.

It would be great to even finish a piece of crap. At least compared to the many false starts I've had.

By Lapis on Friday, October 31, 2003 - 04:42 pm:

I'm gonna try for 2,000 words a day for sheer editing goodness.

Anything to start fiction again.

I might try getting into my first diaryland page to get it online.

By TBone on Friday, October 31, 2003 - 07:57 pm:

That's a good idea, Nate. It'd be nifty for us all to put them somewhere where we can read each other's stuff.
    I was origionally going to whip together a PHP page where I could submit my work so far and keep backups, count my words, etc.
    But haven't done it yet.
    I've got the shakey hunger high. Zing!

By Lapis on Friday, October 31, 2003 - 10:54 pm:

candy.

By Spider on Monday, November 3, 2003 - 12:34 pm:

So has anyone started their novel yet?

I've only written 636 words so far. I was distracted this weekend. I have an outline of the different parts, though, and the story has been in my head for so long I've got everything figured out.....the problem is actually committing it to paper. I'm so uptight, I need everything to come out perfectly the very first time. (Heh, having to type this thing on an electric typewriter doesn't help me loosen up.) I'll agonize over, like, "there was a dog on the porch" vs. "a dog was sitting on the porch" for ten minutes or something ridiculous. JUST SAY IT. *smack*

By Nate on Monday, November 3, 2003 - 12:49 pm:

yeah, spider, just fucking say it.

i'm at 1089 words. i do the same thing with the self editing. i keep telling myself that the point of this thing is quantity, to get the book out of the head. the critic won't shut up, though.

after all this back and forth in my head for months about 1st person or 3rd person, the motherfucker pours out of my head in 2nd person. wtf.

i'll start posting my progress to a website in the next few days. probably chapter by chapter, instead of daily progress.

By Antigone on Monday, November 3, 2003 - 12:51 pm:

Speaking of which, I met the author of this book a while ago. Methinks you'd like it, Nate.

By semillama on Monday, November 3, 2003 - 01:06 pm:

Spider, Tolkien would just write like crazy, sometimes it would devolve into outlines, sometimes what he wrote was really close to the final product. A lot of what he wrote was pretty different.

So, just go for it. That's what editing is for.

By Nate on Monday, November 3, 2003 - 01:07 pm:

sounds interesting. i haven't read much in 2nd person. parts of 'soul mountain' come to mind. i can't think of anything else.

are you doing this nanowrimo, tiggy?

By Spider on Monday, November 3, 2003 - 01:08 pm:

Nate, I had a similar revelation. I had always oscillated over what point in the timeline to begin the story, and it finally came to me to write each chapter at a different point in time, non-chronologically.

By heather on Monday, November 3, 2003 - 01:47 pm:

and in the end you can put them in any order you want ") <- weird flounder smile

By Antigone on Monday, November 3, 2003 - 01:51 pm:

Nah. I'm having enuogh trouble just writing journal entries about my nephew.

But I do have a book in me. It's just not coming out now. :)

By sarah on Monday, November 3, 2003 - 01:55 pm:

how is your nephew doing?

By Antigone on Monday, November 3, 2003 - 02:06 pm:

By patrick on Monday, November 3, 2003 - 02:16 pm:

im not an overly spiritual fella. but i can tell you when i saw that picture, the first one on the page....i felt an *overwhelming* sensation of alrightness.

i dunno if its because im a father, and seeing those images reminded me what its like to hold such precious, fragile life in your hands but that lil man looks like an old soul who is going to be around for sometime.

By Antigone on Monday, November 3, 2003 - 02:21 pm:

Yeah. Look at them James Coburn hands. :)

By Nate on Monday, November 3, 2003 - 05:02 pm:

James Coburn scares the hell out of me.

so, by the end of today the nanowrimo crowd will be on schedule if they have 5001 words. i think.

mine is here.

if anyone wants me to host their novel for some reason, in exactly the same format as i have mine in, send me an email. you can send me chapters and i'll do up the xhtml or whatever. or i'll just host it if you want to mark it up yourself.

By semillama on Monday, November 3, 2003 - 05:55 pm:

By Nate on Monday, November 3, 2003 - 08:33 pm:

withhold judgement on my total sorabjirooking of the link?

thanks for reading, sem!

--

i want to know if anyone is going to read spider's novel? you're writing the whole thing on a electric typewriter? or do you have some hope of gaining a computer?

By Spider on Tuesday, November 4, 2003 - 10:08 am:

I plan to go into my office on the weekends and type up my typewritten drafts in Word. Nobody is reading this thing but me.

Last night, I wrote 1,834 words. I was flying, boy. The writing is terrible, but I don't care -- it's very freeing, being able to write utter garbage without fear of anyone seeing it and laughing.

I was dumb, though, and started writing at the climax of the story. I should have only gotten to that point after I had developed my prose skillz through the practice of writing the rest of the story. (Though please don't take the way I write here as an indication of my style.) Anyway, that was dumb.

I'll tell you about it, though -- it's about a woman whose sister is killed and the way her grief and guilt affect her in the years following. Last night I wrote about the night her sister died, and this morning it hit me that I had written the scene all wrong. This scene is going to be the second-to-last chapter in the book, so as you've been reading, you've always seen and heard the sister described by other characters, but in this scene you finally get to see her on screen, so to speak, so she should be a very vivid and powerful presence. Instead I had focused too much on the main character. I'll have to fix it this weekend.

By semillama on Tuesday, November 4, 2003 - 10:47 am:

sounds great spider. i think that after you are done and are somewhat satisfied with it, you should mail it to folks to read and comment on. Then send it to a publisher. Why the hell not, you know?

By Spider on Tuesday, November 4, 2003 - 11:28 am:

Maybe. :) After some serious editing.

My problem is I don't have the skill to write delicate scenes well. I could tell you exactly what will happen in it and what small details I want the reader to notice, but I can't actually write out the words to my satisfaction.

By Spider on Tuesday, November 4, 2003 - 11:42 am:

I doesn't matter, but I just wanted to say I wasn't clear up there -- the chapters will be out of chronological order, but always after the sister has died (so, for example the first chapter will take place 15 years after, the second chapter will be a month after, etc.). The second-to-last chapter will take place on the night she dies, starting 1/2 hour from the moment she's last seen alive.

Um. Yeah.

By Spider on Tuesday, November 4, 2003 - 11:43 am:

1/2 hour *before* the moment she's last seen alive.

Anyway. See why typing on a typewriter is a bitch?

By TBone on Tuesday, November 4, 2003 - 12:42 pm:

I think I don't have a firm enough idea of what I'm writing about, so I haven't been very successful getting things out.
    I've got some general ideas, but the plot is pretty ethereal.
    I haven't really had any just-for-writing time yet either. Over the weekend I had school work that needed doing, then my mother arrived for a visit.
    Tomorrow, my mom will be gone and I'll have a while before any more school work needs my attention. I'm heading to the Raven after work to get a few thousand words out.
    I'm all impressed and intimidated by you folks with your thousands of words already. Grr.
    You guys rock it. Keep up the good work. I'll catch up.

By Nate on Tuesday, November 4, 2003 - 12:59 pm:

shit yea, t'bone. i think we should all make it to the end.

that would be huge. there would be such a high percentage of 'people who have written an, ahem, novel' around this joint.

or, higher.

we need pezuli to check in.

who all is writing? spider, tbone, lapis, me- anyone else? i wish sarah was writing. tiggles. fucking hal.

heather, too, though i imagine she'd say 'there are too many novels as it is.'

By semillama on Tuesday, November 4, 2003 - 01:24 pm:

All I do at my job, is write, write and write some more, and it really makes it not enjoyable. Lately I've been more into resting my brain during my off time. If I didn't have this massive report due, I would like to think I would have joined you.

By Nate on Tuesday, November 4, 2003 - 03:04 pm:

i didn't mean to leave you off my wish, list sem. nor kazu, eri.

and goddamn motherfuck, fucking droopy. where the hell are you droopy?

By Lapis on Tuesday, November 4, 2003 - 03:19 pm:

Um, yeah. Writing.

Not going well, I actually cleaned my room yesterday, instead.

I don't think I'll go for the 50,000. If I can get 5 pages of decent, non-biographical fiction, I'll be satisfied.

Two of my housemates went to the NOLA Bookfair and received two plays, an opera and a booklet of poetry from some guy who was totally punked out. They handed them off to me. Fun.

By kazu on Tuesday, November 4, 2003 - 05:58 pm:

I don't have time for any more writing than I already do. Plus, writing fiction frustrates me to no end.

By Nate on Tuesday, November 4, 2003 - 05:59 pm:

i'd still like to see what you'd churn.

By semillama on Tuesday, November 4, 2003 - 06:17 pm:

The report I am revising now has almost 50,000 words. It's 112 pages long, but there are tables and such in there too.

By Nate on Tuesday, November 4, 2003 - 06:26 pm:

so

create some characters and make the report the dialog of your novel.

By kazu on Tuesday, November 4, 2003 - 06:31 pm:

I have tons of characters running around in my journal. You can have some of those. But not you-know-who. (he knows who)

By Spider on Wednesday, November 5, 2003 - 09:48 am:

I did no work last night. :( I wasn't motivated.

Why the hell does my story have to be so depressing?

By V.v. on Wednesday, November 5, 2003 - 11:13 am:

When i feel run down,i go for long walks in the park and avoid people,we all need our own space.

By semillama on Wednesday, November 5, 2003 - 12:31 pm:

People will take your work more seriously if it's depressing.

By Spider on Wednesday, November 5, 2003 - 12:54 pm:

OK, I need your help.

I have a scene in which my main character and her husband are in their house, getting ready to go out to dinner... but I need their milling about to take up around 7 pages, or nearly 3,000 words. (This is on the typewriter. 1 page = 450 words.)

Anyway, what interesting things could they be doing/talking about before dinner? It doesn't have to be *right* before dinner, while they get dressed, or anything....it could be in the afternoon before. This is going to be the opening scene in the first chapter, so the reader doesn't know these characters yet. Oh, and they have a very healthy, happy relationship, so no serious arguments can occur in this scene.

This deadline thing is killing me. If I had no deadline, I could easily come up with an idea, but I feel like I'm wasting writing time when I just daydream. (I daydream in realtime.)

By Nate on Wednesday, November 5, 2003 - 01:14 pm:

why does a chapter that you don't know what is about have to take up 3000 words?

By Spider on Wednesday, November 5, 2003 - 01:34 pm:

Because I tend to say too little, so I need to set high goals for myself. If we didn't have a word count goal, I wouldn't worry about it.

By heather on Wednesday, November 5, 2003 - 01:37 pm:

they should talk about sex

or killing someone

or a dark secret. maybe one is hiding
    something from the other

happy healthy relationships can be really
    boring when it comes to a novel.

the opening scene in the first chapter is very
    important [imo] it should strike you somehow.
    what's the point? where's the tension?

you guys are making me want to write. but i
    never have any ideas that fill more than a
    page.

By Nate on Wednesday, November 5, 2003 - 01:49 pm:

all you need is 200 ideas then.

By Spider on Wednesday, November 5, 2003 - 01:55 pm:

I'll just keep my mouth shut until I'm done. Everything will work out in the end.

Heather: DO IT.

By TBone on Wednesday, November 5, 2003 - 01:57 pm:

Give it a shot. If you feel like writing, do it! Before it goes away!

By heather on Wednesday, November 5, 2003 - 02:12 pm:

maybe i just don't want anyone else to know
    that my writing is insane

plus it's very self-indulgent [tee hee]

plus i find that people have trouble following
    my stories

there are great writers. i do something else. is
    that SO wrong!!! <smirk>

i am achey from a cold[?] but i am silly today.
    it's chilly. it doesn't rain here but everything is
    wet. i played poker last night, there isn't
    enough time for all the fun. and everyone i ever
    knew should live within walking distance,
    please. thanks.

By Nate on Wednesday, November 5, 2003 - 02:20 pm:

you write, heather.

even if you had a book that only six people in all history could even kind of understand, there are hundreds of thousands of people who would read it just so they could pretend to understand it.

By The Watcher on Wednesday, November 5, 2003 - 03:00 pm:

No time to play.

How about tripping over the cat or dog or both.

Mine are always under foot.

By semillama on Wednesday, November 5, 2003 - 06:24 pm:

Spider, just get the gist of what you want on the page, and forget about the word count for now. 3000 words of milling about when you don't seem to have an idea of how to use it to introduce the characters seems like a tall order for now. Give the chapter a beginning and an end, and come back and fill it in later. You may find as your story progresses that you get sudden ideas of events or people you should allude to in the first chapter from plot points you develop after writing the first chapter.

By TBone on Thursday, November 6, 2003 - 01:04 am:

I meant to have spent more time on the novel by now, but I wanted to listen to music and the DVD/CD player on my stereo decided that it always had "no disc". I had to take it apart and prod its innards until it started seeing them again.
    So I don't have many words yet, and I don't know if it's gonna be any fun to read. But that's not what's important!
    But anyway, here's where it lives: boing!

By Spider on Thursday, November 6, 2003 - 09:41 am:

I wrote the middle of that chapter last night, and I was surprised at how easily it flowed, and how unembarrassing the prose was.

By TBone on Monday, November 10, 2003 - 05:22 pm:

So how're you folks doing? I'm so very far behind. But I'm picking up speed.

By Nate on Monday, November 10, 2003 - 06:05 pm:

i'm way behind. at 12%, should be at 33% by the end of the day. the fucking move is killing me.

i did a lot of outlining last night. zero new word count, though.

By heather on Monday, November 10, 2003 - 07:18 pm:

so where are you moving to mr. move-a-lot?

By Nate on Monday, November 10, 2003 - 07:26 pm:

i live in berkeley now.

By heather on Monday, November 10, 2003 - 07:39 pm:

okee

yes

but berkeley is biggish

By Nate on Tuesday, November 11, 2003 - 06:43 am:

near the east edge, near oakland, near where college and clarmont cross.

By Spider on Tuesday, November 11, 2003 - 09:48 am:

I've written about 6,500 words. I'm now unmotivated to work towards the 50,000 word/Nov. 30th goal, but I'm very motivated to write the story at my own pace.

On Sunday I wrote about 1500 words and then realized I was purposely writing filler just to increase my word count, and I thought, what is the point of writing crap *on purpose*? Shouldn't I take my time and craft my sentences better? I understand that writing anything is good practice, but isn't it better practice to make some effort into creating quality? I think so.

Plus, at this rate, I'd have to write, like, 4 hours a day every day until Nov. 30th to make the goal, and I don't have the time.

But I'll still write.

By patrick on Tuesday, November 11, 2003 - 03:32 pm:

hi nate.

i had a random thought last night when i was washing dishes and singing nonsense to eva.

you made a statement a long time ago about wanting to teach.

im just curious if your move to Berkeley has anything to do with that desire if its still something you'd want to do.

By Spider on Tuesday, November 11, 2003 - 03:42 pm:

(Waitaminute, I'd have to write about 5 pages a night from now until Nov. 30. That's not bad.)

So how are the rest of you coming along?

By heatehr on Tuesday, November 11, 2003 - 04:07 pm:

a page takes me an hour

i should learn to write

but, oh yeah, my computer broke. nevermind.

By heathre on Tuesday, November 11, 2003 - 04:08 pm:

i meant i should learn to type

*sigh*

perhaps i should learn to write afterall

By TBone on Tuesday, November 11, 2003 - 04:21 pm:

I've written about half as many words as you, Spider. But I still think I can do it.
    I have this really bad habit starting to daydream while I write... which would be great, since it's good story stuff, but I start dreaming and stop typing... and then I lose track of what I'm doing, get frustrated, and bugger off to find something to eat.
    But I'm getting better. A little.
    I also have a tendancy to mess around way too much with stuff like the little site for my novel and stuff. Like I decided suddently to do it it LaTeX. That meant I had to learn how to use LaTeX so I could get on with writing the damn thing. Fortunately it was easy.
    You can do it, Spider. Go for the 50k! You'll have more to work with when you go through and brutally edit the thing afterward.

By Spider on Tuesday, November 11, 2003 - 04:31 pm:

Dude. I've read your words. Your words are good words. My words? Not good.

Sigh.

Heh, you know what I wrote yesterday? I wrote about someone telling the synopsis of another story I had in mind. It's like a faux George Eliot novel....I would be beside myself with joy if I could actually write it as a real novel, in Eliot's style. That would be the neatest thing ever.

But seriously, I sat down at the typewriter, wrote furiously, and when I looked up at the clock, an hour had passed in what had felt like 15 minutes. Why can't my job be like that?

By TBone on Tuesday, November 11, 2003 - 10:30 pm:

I like nate's words better. I've only read some of them, but I like nate's words.
    More words! Need more words!

By beta on Wednesday, November 12, 2003 - 01:16 am:

quality schmality

im kneeling before the god of quanitity

unfortunately, i'm less than halfway, and have somehow run out of words i know, so ive resorted to making up some new ones

chapter 16
    The mayel bofe schummelled the smafing reculter...

By Lapis on Wednesday, November 12, 2003 - 01:21 am:

Typewriter! Yay!

By Nate on Wednesday, November 19, 2003 - 12:06 am:

nate passed 10,000 words today.

a little late in the month, but wtf. 44 pages when i double space them, which i think approximates the number of novel pages.

having typed in a page from several different novels and found it to fill a MSWord page at double spaced.

By Lapis on Wednesday, November 19, 2003 - 02:03 am:

woot woot!!!

By Spider on Wednesday, November 19, 2003 - 09:58 am:

I haven't written a word since I passed 6,500.

I got this idea to create a Cliffs Notes guide to that George Eliot-like novel I'm thinking of. I think I could do it.

By dave. on Wednesday, November 19, 2003 - 12:11 pm:

By Spider on Wednesday, November 19, 2003 - 12:25 pm:

No...but that is so neat!

"I always tried to limit the amount of plot to the very minimum. I am bored hearing that "the marchioness left home at five". I don't care about the marchioness, her house and five o'clock. Only things that are necessary should be said. By writing reviews instead of writing books I managed to accomplish much more in terms of experimenting than if I were to dedicate full energy to each of these works, like a craftsman."

I grok that.

I need to find these books. "One Human Minute" sounds great.

By Nate on Monday, November 24, 2003 - 05:14 am:

seven days left.

i passed over the 1/3 done mark today (yesterday). 32,712 words to go. 4,673 words per day.

i'm still going for it.

By Nate on Wednesday, November 26, 2003 - 05:46 pm:

did everyone give up?

i haven't yet, but i probably should concede defeat.

Total Words: 24,094 of 50,000, 48.18%

By wisper on Wednesday, November 26, 2003 - 06:43 pm:

go nate! go nate!
    bet your novel is really great!

By Nate on Wednesday, November 26, 2003 - 08:51 pm:

woah. cheerleading.

By The Watcher on Friday, November 28, 2003 - 12:59 pm:

I never started. No time.

By Nate on Thursday, February 12, 2004 - 05:29 pm:

By Antigone on Thursday, February 12, 2004 - 06:57 pm:

It's always november, baby!

By sarah on Friday, February 13, 2004 - 01:02 pm:

i've been following along this whole time... and have been more than impressed, not just by the writing, but by your tenacity.

By Nate on Friday, February 13, 2004 - 03:09 pm:

thanks, sarah.

i'm not done. projected 80K words, 300 novel pages.

By heather on Friday, February 13, 2004 - 05:39 pm:

see! it's not just me

By J on Monday, February 16, 2004 - 01:08 pm:

Me too.

By Nate on Monday, March 22, 2004 - 07:45 pm:

By kazu on Monday, March 22, 2004 - 08:15 pm:

woo-hoo!

I can't wait to read it. Ima gonna print out the whole thing on pretty colored paper when all of my papers are done.

I am so proud of you.

By Nate on Monday, March 22, 2004 - 08:39 pm:

hot damn. email mail me if you want a single document copy of the book. it would be easier to print out. email me at nate at the wwnd site.

By kazu on Tuesday, March 23, 2004 - 12:39 am:

done.

By agatha on Tuesday, March 23, 2004 - 11:08 am:

can you email it to me, too, Nate?

By J on Tuesday, March 23, 2004 - 12:37 pm:

Or post the link?

By kazu on Tuesday, March 23, 2004 - 01:50 pm:

scroll up a bit. the link is there.

By J on Tuesday, March 23, 2004 - 02:46 pm:

Oh yea,I save it in my favorites,I really am getting senile.

By Spider on Thursday, October 30, 2008 - 03:46 pm:

Is anybody doing this next month (err...in two days)?

I am! I'm doing that Lem-ish, Eliot-esque, Cliff-Notes-to-a-novel I mentioned upthread. That idea's been percolating for five years, and it feels just about ready.

By droopy on Thursday, October 30, 2008 - 05:51 pm:

i've always liked the idea for that book. it reminds of borges.

as for myself, a line from a borges story comes to mind: "like every writer, he measured other men's virtues by what they had accomplished, yet asked that other men measure him by what he planned someday to do."

By platypu on Thursday, October 30, 2008 - 06:05 pm:

Hrm, this might be a good way to actually work on a long-percolating writing project, rather than just saying that I will and never doing it. I guess I have a day or so to commit.

By Spider on Thursday, October 30, 2008 - 07:10 pm:

I like that quote.

I regret that I had not decided to do this earlier in the month. The notes I made regarding The Big Idea five(!) years ago are woefully sketchy.

By moonit on Thursday, October 30, 2008 - 08:13 pm:

I loved your idea for your book spidy. I have an idea for mine but its more a short story and I can't figure out how to develop it to be long.

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact