ouch fucking ouch

sorabji.com: Words: ouch fucking ouch
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By droopy on Saturday, November 15, 2008 - 07:25 pm:

i just have to kvetch about the fact that i woke up this morning with a tortuous tension headache (i assume that's what i'd call this) that has yet to go away. we finally got a cold snap and i think the combination of that and sleeping in a cold room in a bad position did the trick. it's mostly on my left side from the base of the to the top of the head. ibuprofen and all that amateur crap never works on me. i'm starting on my first double gin. the pain is starting to make my teeth hurt.

By Spider on Saturday, November 15, 2008 - 07:48 pm:

If it's mostly on the left side, it might be a migraine. What is the pain like?

By droopy on Saturday, November 15, 2008 - 07:57 pm:

tense and painful. there's a really tender spot at the top part of the back of my neck, where it meets the skull. i slept on my left side. also, if i turn my head too far to the right the left side of my neck hurts like hell. i'm pretty sure it's a transitory thing. the gin is helping. a bit. even my skull feels tender.

By Spider on Saturday, November 15, 2008 - 07:58 pm:

I woke up with an intense headache the day after the election. It was one of those "crown of thorns" deals -- all around the skull, from forehead to sides to base. I used to get them when I worked in DC, and then they would last for days. This time it went away by evening.

I think it was my body's way of generously allowing me to feel all the tension I had taken care to avoid during the presidential campaign. You know, just to stick it to me.

By droopy on Saturday, November 15, 2008 - 08:08 pm:

there is something slightly satisfying about my woes at the moment. it kind of gives you an excuse to do nothing. this isn't the first time i've woken up with an ache or a pain. when half of your body is paralyzed, you sleep "heavily". and your body has less of an ability to readjust itself while your asleep.

the day after obama was elected i went into media shutdown as a way to come down - no computer, no tv or print news, nothin'.

By Dr Pepper on Saturday, November 15, 2008 - 09:34 pm:

droopy, I hated migraine headache, I usually had like that 4 or 5 time each year. Normally, i had to find myself in a better postion before I go to sleep: if it is winter time, I keep myself away from the wall and put on my winter cap on.
    Also, I have to make sure that I am not doing any stress. just take one day at a time. No hurry or rush. Do not over do on any activity other than the normal activity. Find a time to relax.
    Eat 3 meal a day , good food , do not skip any 3 meal course, Avoid chocolate and caffinee. those two I know contribute to my migraine headache. I don't know what else cause the headache. Drinking NON-caffine coke or pepsi will be alright.

By platypus on Saturday, November 15, 2008 - 10:30 pm:

I like how I read this thread, and then developed a crushing headache half an hour later. Coincidence? I think not.

By droopy on Monday, November 17, 2008 - 12:39 pm:

hope you're over your headache, platypus. i'm still not over mine. ouch dammit. last night a friend pointed out that it may have something to do with the fact that i took a spill out of my wheelchair a few days before. one of those things where i fell backwards. i didn't hit my head or neck, and the initial aftermath was just a few scratches on my hands and red marks on my left knee where i banged it while hoisting myself up. my left side would've gotten the brunt of the strain in the hoisting process. i'm thinking this is a strain from that event that got exacerbated later on. it's just do damn annoying.

By Dr Pepper on Monday, November 17, 2008 - 03:12 pm:

droopy, I was watching the t.v. commerical. They said " dehydrating may cause headache". Can you believe this?

By droopy on Monday, November 17, 2008 - 03:42 pm:

i can believe that. and, judging by the color of my urine, i'm working under dehydrated circumstances right now. but i don't think it's the cause of my headache right now.

By heather on Monday, November 17, 2008 - 04:14 pm:

i have a strange horizontal mark on my neck, it's not a hickey but it's dark purple and it kind of hurts.

in adult acro/partner yoga this weekend we tried a trick where two people do handstands back to back and a person between them stand on the backs of their arched necks. it is not from that, either.

By Spider on Monday, November 17, 2008 - 05:43 pm:

Heather, like this?

Ouch fucking ouch.

By heather on Monday, November 17, 2008 - 06:12 pm:

yes, exactly

except holding at the calves and not at the crotch *smile*

By Spider on Monday, November 17, 2008 - 06:36 pm:

Oops.

:)

But still, holy smokes, must you be strong to do that.

By Dr Pepper on Monday, November 17, 2008 - 08:24 pm:

Spider, Bwhahaha , thank you for the drawing.

By heather on Monday, November 17, 2008 - 08:31 pm:

balancing was the hardest part

By Dr Pepper on Tuesday, November 18, 2008 - 03:04 am:

By droopy on Sunday, November 23, 2008 - 09:45 pm:

it's over a week since i made that first post, and my head and neck still hurts. not quite as bad, but almost. i wonder what i did to myself.

By Dr Pepper on Sunday, November 23, 2008 - 10:34 pm:

droopy, did you see the doctor yet for the head and neck pain?

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact