TEKEL

sorabji.com: Words: TEKEL
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By TEKEL on Tuesday, April 7, 2009 - 07:42 pm:

MENE, MENE, TEKEL, and PARSIN

By jaq on Tuesday, April 7, 2009 - 11:22 pm:

100%

By Madoff on Tuesday, April 7, 2009 - 11:42 pm:

A baited banker thus desponds,
    From his own hand foresees his fall,
    They have his soul, who have his bonds;
    'Tis like the writing on the wall.

By droopy on Wednesday, April 8, 2009 - 01:13 am:

this afternoon, on my back porch, i saw my first hummingbird. it was brief, but it was buzzing around the coral honesuckle that droops off the fence. in the (about) ten years i've lived in this downtown apartment, i've never seen a hummingbird until today.

coming here and seeing this biblical prophecy thread, coupled with the hummingbird memory, made me think of the lyrics to talking heads' "nothing but flowers"

"and as things fell apart/ nobody paid much attention"

but that just might be me.

By Danielssss on Wednesday, April 8, 2009 - 05:14 pm:

Hey Droop, I posted the Madoff lines. Things are really falling apart, aren't they. guess we'll all have to stick together.

By sarah on Wednesday, April 8, 2009 - 05:33 pm:

better run run run run run run away.

By droopy on Thursday, April 9, 2009 - 01:40 am:

i knew the poem was yours, danny boy.

actually, i can only dream that things will fall apart. the talking heads song i mentioned was about a post-apocalyptic (or post-some downfall) world where flowers are taking over decayed pizza huts and 7-11s.

i have actually had dreams of living in a post-apocalyptic fort worth where i only had a hovel, a cart, and a burro named cadillac to haul me around.

but that's only wishful thinking.

on a side note: the music of leroy jenkins freaks my cat out. though it might have been that i was playing philip glass music before that; a quick transition like that can jar a house pet.

By droopy on Thursday, April 9, 2009 - 02:30 am:

now i'm listening to charlie parker. "parker's mood", at the moment.

while fortified by vodka shots since 4pm.

yes, i drink at work.

god i love jazz.

By Danielssss on Thursday, April 9, 2009 - 07:50 pm:

I actually lifted the lines from the tekel mekel and jeckel site. I think I would run away to the woods, except, hey, I already live in the woods.

Last night i watched 375 Direct TV which is LINK TV and I tell you i am imporessed with their programming. Last night i watched the saga of a couple in MAssachusetts fight (and lose to the IRS) their right to withhold federal tax because of the war machine our taxes support. It was called "An act of conscience" and was pretty good documentary about the ten year or more struggle some of my hippie brothers (younger than I for sure) encountered when not paying taxes. I like that the monies owed went to war victims prosthetic organizations and local food pantries. I like that the land surrounding the house in question was owned by a land trust (more of that we need for sure). I like the program. overall, I find that LINK TV provides a great alternative to the crap of pundits on Direct TV MIx which is cnn,cnbc and the rest of the mediocracy which we are force fed.

Such a system can only destruct.
    vokda all round. THIS from your local alcohol counselor.

By Dr Pepper on Thursday, April 9, 2009 - 11:51 pm:

Danielssss, why would you want to run into the woods?

By Dr Popper on Friday, April 10, 2009 - 08:54 pm:

because you're so clever!

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact