Excellerated

sorabji.com: Words: Excellerated
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By Dr Pepper on Sunday, December 27, 2009 - 10:06 pm:

Can anyone please explain this words: "Excellerated" since I know the words like "Excel" means to surpass or do well as respect. But I came across the words,like "Excellerated", I looked it up on the dictionary, there is no words for it? Can anyone explain this to me?

By jaq on Sunday, December 27, 2009 - 11:46 pm:

where did you come across it? it is not a proper english word. perhaps you should ask someone connected to the place where you encountered it.

it's likely playing on a combination of "accelerated" and "excel"

perhaps intentionally

perhaps not

perhaps simply a mistake

perhaps the explanation is "people misuse the language"

or "people can't spell"

By Dr Pepper on Monday, December 28, 2009 - 02:00 am:

Ok, thanks jaq.

By heather on Monday, December 28, 2009 - 04:41 am:

thanks jaq

By jaq on Monday, December 28, 2009 - 11:34 am:

thanks, heather

By moonit on Monday, December 28, 2009 - 05:06 pm:

Good work jaq. Now you need to explain to the Pepperman why its summer in New Zealand but winter in America.

By jaq on Monday, December 28, 2009 - 05:44 pm:

ok.

pepper:

new zealand, being on the other planet, has its own sun. when it's summer here on our earth, the sun that orbits around new zealand dims (and for a brief time turns off) and it becomes winter there.

there is no scientifically proven connection between these events. it may be completely coincidental.

when our sun is low in the sky and it's winter time here, the sun that orbits new zealand illuminates and burns again and it becomes summer there.

i know. it's weird.

By Dr Pepper on Tuesday, December 29, 2009 - 02:03 am:

jaq, Yeah I know it is summer down at southern hemispere while it is winter time at northern hemisphere.......... as the earth axis tilt over ....I ought to take moonit to the moon.....

By Mtjames on Tuesday, December 29, 2009 - 05:43 pm:

a much larger man would be comfortable in these boots. my
    calf muscle cuts in just below the cuff of the boot. even if
    my calves were huge, the boot would be loose at the cuff. is
    this so I can tuck in my pants?

I love these boots.

By Fetish on Wednesday, December 30, 2009 - 01:40 am:

wow! what a foot fetish!

By heather on Wednesday, December 30, 2009 - 05:39 am:

no.

boot fetish.

sheesh. totally different thing.

By Dr Pepper on Thursday, December 31, 2009 - 12:35 am:

lol @ Fetish

By Spider on Thursday, December 31, 2009 - 12:26 pm:

Apparently, there are people who feel a powerful sense of euphoria when they're given commands in a non-sexual context. For example, calling up tech support and hearing someone say, "Reboot your computer and tell me what you see," or going to the eye doctor and hearing, "Close your left eye and read the second line down," gives them a blissful feeling that's better than an orgasm or being high. It lasts for a few minutes, but disobeying or contradicting the order will cause the feeling to fade. These people are otherwise healthy, with no neurological disorders or experiences with classical conditioning.

By Mtjames on Thursday, December 31, 2009 - 02:54 pm:

born followers. I wonder what the evolutionary implications
    of this predilection are. do the social norms of different
    cultures cause for this kind of attribute to be more or less
    prevalent?

By Spider on Thursday, December 31, 2009 - 05:53 pm:

First-hand account:
    For some reason sometimes when someone starts telling me what to do, like just now when a technician on the phone told me to unplug my modem and a bunch of other shit for a bit, in a friendly tone, or, more commonly, when I was younger, when a doctor was telling me to position my foot correctly on a bit of paper so he could measure the size of my inner soles, I get this wierd, awesome pleasure.

It's nothing sexual and it rarely happens but it does feel really good and euphoric, like a drug and I have no fucking idea how it happens. I can't particularily remember anything in my childhood which could've possible had anything to do with it.

My first thought was that it was a fetish thing or something, since I have a domination fetish or whatever, but this is nothing sexual at all, which just makes it more confusing.

[...]

When I say pleasure I mean one of the best things I have ever felt. Being high doesn't compare. The only thing I can think of which comes close is when someone gets excited over my art.

The problem was that I knew what the technician said was just what I've already done but I couldn't correct him or I'd lose the feeling, and my internet is fucking up pretty damn badly. For some reason I didn't think it was annoying till now.

It sounds to me like there's some freaky brain wiring at fault here.

It also sounds like it would be terribly embarrassing. Like you're wearing vibrating underwear and random people have access to the controls, and neither you nor they know it.

By heather on Thursday, December 31, 2009 - 07:56 pm:

Except for the fact that this person said it was not sexual so why would it be embarrassing?

I went to a club with a friend who had been contacted by someone who wanted to be his driver. His *driver*. To pick him up, take him to the club, stand around waiting to get drinks for him, and then drive him home. Nothing sexual at least from the drivee's perspective.

By Spider on Thursday, December 31, 2009 - 08:59 pm:

I don't know, it just seems like something that people would want to exploit and be dumbasses about it.

"Oooh, hurrr, polish my shoes! Now take out my garbage! Haw haw haw!"

Dumbasses.

By Danielssss on Friday, January 1, 2010 - 06:18 pm:

remotecontrolledvibrating underwear. who would have thought?

It's like wishing to be incarnated as a sensate bicycle seat.

But the best part is that no one knows and "random people have access to the controls and neither they nor you know it."

Sounds like life to me. Happy new year.

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact