wondered if the Dali Lama is really a big fake?

sorabji.com: Have you ever...: wondered if the Dali Lama is really a big fake?
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By Anonymous on Saturday, April 7, 2001 - 12:52 am:

that he just goes around giving conferences to make money, and that's what makes him appear so happy?

By J on Saturday, April 7, 2001 - 03:14 am:

What if God was one of us?

By GOD on Saturday, April 7, 2001 - 04:58 am:

Whatever.

By Jrzx on Saturday, April 7, 2001 - 04:27 pm:

it's not easy being a head of state in exile and an avatar too. plus we all gotta make a living...

By Pug on Sunday, April 8, 2001 - 01:49 pm:

I think my big questions concerning the Dalai Llama involve the fact that he was the head of a feudalistic state where slavery was acceptable. I know a lot of people who go around wanting to return that system to Tibet really don't take that into account---most of 'em just see the nice, wise little old man who got kicked out of his country...
    Not like I blame HIM for that system....he was only born into it....but it's hard for me to embrace said system and think it ought to be reinstated....
    Not like what's THERE right now is seemingly any good....but, y'know....

By The Dinner Lady on Sunday, April 8, 2001 - 06:19 pm:

He does seem a bit too nice to be the head of a religion. I mean, he's not lame like the Pope.

Hmmmmm.,...

By Pug on Monday, April 9, 2001 - 07:20 am:

Or IS he?
    Hmmmmmm.,......

By The Dinner Lady on Monday, April 9, 2001 - 12:41 pm:

Point well taken!

By Purple on Monday, April 9, 2001 - 11:57 pm:

Pug, can you elaborate on the slavery thing? I had always thought that since Tibet was largely Buddhist (and B'on to a lesser extent), compassion would extend to everyone in the society

By Pug on Tuesday, April 10, 2001 - 10:00 am:

Purple----just what I've read---got a few articles SOMEWHERE....
    Not that I'm Anti-Buddhist, or anything...I believe we were all created equal....
    (Equally WORTHLESS...)

By purple on Tuesday, April 10, 2001 - 11:19 am:

Pug, I just hadn't heard any accounts of slavery in Tibet in recorded history and wanted more information.

By wisper on Wednesday, April 11, 2001 - 03:19 am:

i met a Lama once, and a bunch of monks.
    and i can say that those guys are the REAL
    fucking DEAL.
    Don't get me wrong here, understand that i've
    spent most of my life making light of any and
    all faiths and practices. But i no longer fuck
    around with Lamas.

it's like they live in a different dimension. They
    have a look in there eyes and a smile that
    feels like a warm hug from mom. I'm not
    talking about that fake-ass brainwashed
    glassy Pat Robertson Je$u$ "happy" look,
    either. They only have peace in their eyes.
    Real peace.

i would say more, but i'm getting scary enough
    here as it is ;)

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact