Lost a toe?

sorabji.com: Have you ever...: Lost a toe?
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By J on Friday, May 10, 2002 - 01:59 pm:

This is sooo wierd and I don't even know where to start,when my mom was still alive and in the nursing home,my s/o had been working with cement,makeing some planters and a walkway in our backyard.He started getting a rash on his arms,legs and torso,he went to our family dr.,she gave hime creams and made an appointment with a dermotologist,the dermotologist said he had cement poisoning or chromate poisoning,he put him on medication and it seemed to clear up.A week before we went to W.V.,it started up again this time coming out of his hands and feet,you can see it first,it's white,then turns blue,and then it comes right out of the skin,it's really gross and painful,so while we are back home,it gets really bad,and last Fri.,when we were still in Beckley,he went to the E.R. at 5 a.m.,he was in such pain.The doctor there said the only thing he could was lance his toe,and he didn't know if he should do it as he might not be able to put his shoe on to fly home,but we went back later that day and he lanced it and cut a hole out of his shoe,got home Sat. night and he went to Chandler Regioncy hospital E.R. at 5 a.m. the quack doctor there said it was caused by his shoe.Mon. we both go to our family doctor(I have pnuemonia too),I went with him and tried to make them let him see a toxologist,but she gave him an antibiotic shot and refered him to a podiatrist.Tue. he see's the foot dr.who tells him he should have been in the hospital a couple of days ago,then back to the family dr. which he has gone to every day this week for antibiotic shots,till yesterday when they finally got him in the hospital after 5 p.m.,today he calls me and says he might lose his toe.WTFF,he's been trying to get medical help for 2 months and has gone to a M.D an a daily basis this last week and now he might lose a toe???? No wonder my mother never trusted doctors,I'm pretty disgusted myself. Anyone ever hear of chromate poisoning? Should I call a lawyer?

By heather on Friday, May 10, 2002 - 02:09 pm:

a doctor didn't poison your husband

people who sue doctors who were doing the best they knew how [or close to it] are assholes and don't deserve to see a doctor for help

if the first doctor mentioned these poisonings, perhaps you might have looked into them right away

By heather on Friday, May 10, 2002 - 02:12 pm:

that said, i'm sorry about the pain your husband's been in and i hope he feels better

everyone needs to use a respirator when dealing with stuff like concrete

By droopy on Friday, May 10, 2002 - 02:33 pm:

i got a call one day from a guy in a "jobs for the handicapped" program. i had bought something from them before - god knows i want to help the poor cripples - but it was overpriced and shoddy. the guy on the phone was real excitable and kept saying "god bless you sir" while i was trying to blow him off. i remember him trying to sell me $30 dollar light bulbs. "they're guaranteed."

finally i told him that *i* was handicapped, so i'll just keep the money for myself.

"you're handicapped? god bless you sir! what's your handicap?"

"t-12 level paraplegic."

"god bless you sir. i lost my toe in an accident at work."

hope you s/o has a good phone voice.

By J on Friday, May 10, 2002 - 02:38 pm:

No,he quit working with cement when he first got that,but he was still trying to get help for this for 2 months and all that time it's no big deal,and now he's finally in the hospital and he might lose a toe? What would it have hurt if she refered him Mon. to a toxicologist,it seems that this is in his blood at this point,and tue.when the foot dr.said he should have been in the hospital days ago,why couldn't they have got him hin before last night?I don't even know at this point if it is chromate poisoning,that's what the dermatologist and the E.R. doctor in W.V. said,but I have spoke to poison control,and they said his symptons were not consistant at this point with chromate poisoning,that is why they suggested he see a toxicologist,but we had to be refered by our physician.The first dr.refered him to the dermatologist and he's the one who said chromate poisoning,and we did look into it right away,which is why he quit working and exposeing himself to cement and he's been trying to get help ever since.Plus why is it coming out of his feet and hands ? He wore gloves and shoes and socks,they weren't exposed to cement.When he first got the rash it was only where he has direct skin contact,like his stomach when he was pushing the wheel barrow,or if he got some on his arm.

By J on Friday, May 10, 2002 - 02:41 pm:

And if this keeps up he might lose more than a toe.

By patrick on Friday, May 10, 2002 - 02:52 pm:

is it possible this is some sort of allergic reaction? when i had a severe allergic reaction to zinc, my feet and hands got swollen and ached terribly.

You do not need direct exposure to be "exposed".

If doctors don't give you what you want, ask again and again. Meaning, if you didnt get the toxicologist referral right away, repeat yourself until they comply. Smile and take the other referral, but get what you want too, especially when you just want to talk to another doctor.

By J on Monday, May 13, 2002 - 07:14 pm:

He,still has a toe,it's not cement poisoning now,after he got sores on his foot from cement poisoning,then a new infection,I think he said it was strep,anyway he's been there since Thur.night and nobody has done shit.What if this had come out his dinky?What a horrible thought.

By Dougie on Monday, May 13, 2002 - 07:25 pm:

Glad he's still got his toes, J. If he's not being treated right, you've got to ask for what you want. My girlfriend's grandmother is in the hospital right now, and when you're there, the nurses are thick as thieves, "Oh, can I get her anything?" but as soon as you leave, they're all up on Ward Q helping John Doe with his mysterious beri-beri infection.

By LoneStranger on Monday, May 13, 2002 - 08:10 pm:

This little piggy went to market.

This little piggy stayed home.

This little piggy had roast beef.

This little piggy had none.

But this little piggy.... hrm. Ran out of piggies.

LS

By Czarina on Tuesday, May 14, 2002 - 01:40 am:

On the upside,if he does have to lose a toe,maybe you could send it to that "wilted toe" cantina,in Mexico,and they could preserve it in tequilla for him.

[although,I sure hope that doesn't happen,but the Mexico thing,is an option,just in case]

By J on Tuesday, May 14, 2002 - 11:07 am:

Actually now that the lazy fucks did some kind of radiation test,it is in the bone,the toe has to go,sometime today,he gets morphine and keeps telling me to get some rest.ha

By Czarina on Tuesday, May 14, 2002 - 11:28 am:

I hope its not his big toe,thats necessary for balance.

Probably the morphine thats keeping him cheerful.Try to save the toe!

By eri on Tuesday, May 14, 2002 - 12:03 pm:

Good luck. I hope the surgery goes well and he won't have to lose anything more.

By semillama on Tuesday, May 14, 2002 - 01:13 pm:

Back after a prolonged absence, it's another
    edition of J, Poet Sorabjeate.

"He
    still has a toe
    it's not cement poisoning now

after
    he got sores
    on his foot
    from cement poisoning
    then a new infection

I think he said
    it was strep

anyway he's been there
    since Thur.night and
    nobody has done
    shit.

What if this had come
    out his dinky?

What a horrible thought."

By J on Tuesday, May 14, 2002 - 09:06 pm:

This is even worse,they are going to do the surgery around 8 p.m.,and the poor guy can't eat or have anything to drink till they do it.Somehow with all this going on,I started driving on my own again,by myself,and I went to see him this afternoon,he's on morphine so he feels no pain,but he's thirsty,drinking my Sonic cherry limeade in front of him didn't help,but it was 100 some degrees today.He said I might as well stay home after the surgery cause he's going to be out of it,so I said I'd call him around 7:30 p.m.,I was thinking of singing to him "toot toot tootsie goodby,toot toot tootsie,don't cry",but that might be a bit much,don't you think? Morbidly,I laugh anyway,don't you dare tell.

By J on Wednesday, May 15, 2002 - 05:10 pm:

I took him some cantelope and blackberries and strawberries this morning,I'm about to break my foot up his nurses ass,she fucked up his chart today,so he didn't get breakfast, after not eating all day yesterday cause she is too incompetent to do her job.

By J on Friday, May 17, 2002 - 01:30 pm:

More surgery today,I'd be there already but I'm waiting for a locksmith,locked myself out of my room...again,this shit gets old.And wed. night,actually thur. morning,I was woken at 3.30 a.m. to flashlights in my bedroom window,the fucking doorbell ringing,and the phone ringing,I answered the phone and it was Chandler police wanting me to open the front door,I did,they were looking for Ryan,as his psycho girlfriend called them and said he was going to commit suicide,but he wasn't here,scared the shit out of me,no wonder I don't know my ass from a hole in the ground.

By patrick on Friday, May 17, 2002 - 01:39 pm:

for fucksake J turn off the drama-machine in your house. Kick all of your kids out. Tell them its invite only and start living the life you deserve at your age when the youngins are supposed to be grown up and mature.

By eri on Friday, May 17, 2002 - 11:35 pm:

I see my sister doing to my parents what this guy is doing to you. Kick them to the curb. You aren't only hurting you by letting them stay there, but are hurting them also. Don't enable them any longer and stand up for your rights as a parent who's kids are completley capable of taking care of their own lives. You deserve time to just live on your own terms, and not theirs. You deserve not to be woken up in the middle of the night by cops shining lights in your windows. You can't deny that you deserve a good nights sleep, can you?

By J on Saturday, May 18, 2002 - 01:09 pm:

Nope,I needs my sleep,so as I said on another thread,my mom owned her townhouse free and clear,so I just have to buy my brothers half and she left me more than enough to do it,then I'm going to move there,by myself.

By eri on Sunday, May 19, 2002 - 02:01 pm:

Does this mean you are leaving the husband? What about the house you are in now? Now I am confused, but if it will help give you the peace you deserve, go for it!

By Keith on Sunday, May 19, 2002 - 03:17 pm:

Hey there everyone... well I have a question for everyone out there... its really not a pay phone, but oh well.... I was wondering if anyone knows of somethings that i can do with with a cell tower. I live by one that is no problem to get into. (I have looked around through the control boxes and power breaker box as well.) I was wondering if there would be like some things that I do like make a call from there or something like that?
    Thanks for your time and effort in trying to help me out.

By Follow these instructions on Sunday, May 19, 2002 - 06:11 pm:

Keith, you can do something really cool. Climb up to the top of the cell tower, and leap off!! You'll really get your message across in a big way!! No need for thanks...Your actions will speak louder than words.

By Bubbles on Sunday, May 19, 2002 - 10:24 pm:

We're talking about J's husband losing a toe and her issues with her step son, and some dumbass wants to post about breaking into a cell phone tower and trying to make a call? Give me a break. I'd say start a new thread for this but you already did and posted the exact same thing. Best I can tell you is follow advice given above.

By J on Monday, May 20, 2002 - 01:24 am:

It's not my step-son it's the genuine fruit of my loins,my own flesh and blood,Ryan,aka Jethro,thanks Bubbles.But I love my husband so I will just be removing myself from all this madness by only 4 miles,I'm just going to wait things out.

By Czarina on Monday, May 20, 2002 - 01:54 am:

We NEED toe updates!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What happened?

By LoneStranger on Tuesday, May 21, 2002 - 12:02 am:

I already told you...

This little piggy went to market....

LS

By J on Saturday, May 25, 2002 - 02:31 am:

Dang it LS,you need to "toe" the line son,haha.I don't know why I'm making jokes about this,it's a hysterical thing,same reason I laugh at a bad time.Actually my poor s/o is all fucked up.he lost his third toe on his right foot,3 operations to do it,he has some kind of tuberculosis in his foot bone,he has a I.V. in him 24/7 giving him antibiotics round the clock and he has to do this for about 40 more days,he could even lose his foot.He got the infection from a open cut on his foot caused by the cement poisoning.He had been trying to get help for this since the first of March,I have a record of his medications,and the record from poison control,according to them,his symtoms were not consistent with cement poisoning but his doctor wouldn't refere us to an infectious disease doctor,but to a podiatrist who said he should have been in the hospital days ago,the emergency doctor at Chandler Regioncy should have noticed,it's been incubating for 2 months.

By J on Saturday, May 25, 2002 - 02:40 am:

P.S.somebody filed a zoning report against us,after the cops were out in my backyard,they saw the storage shed we were building,it wasn't my neighbors and I can find out who did it,I'm sure it was one of Chandlers finest,3 of them came out.Many people have these in my neighborhood,it was simply to retaliate because Ryan wsn't here when they came for his warrants and they thought I was lying.Bastards!

By Ophelia on Saturday, May 25, 2002 - 12:31 pm:

when my dad was 20 he cut off his right index finger working with power tools in a sawmill one summer.

i dont know why, but i always tell that story when it seems slightly relevent to anything. maybe cause i have nothing better to contribute, or maybe its a claim to fame type of thing.

hope the toe works out okay.

By Czarina on Tuesday, May 28, 2002 - 03:39 am:

My nephew cut 2 of his fingers,and his thumb off,his first day of work,using some kind of machinery.

But that isn't the interesting part of the story.They sent him to Houston,and were able to reattach his thumb,and one finger.But that still isn't the interesting part of the story.

The interesting part of the story is that they used leeches,to help increase the circulation into his reattached digits.

Apparently,the nurses were afraid of the leeches,and wouldn't keep a very close eye on them,and they would travel to various other parts of his body,and just feast away.

I don't think I would like that.

Although,once I heard about this,I became interested,and did some research,and found out that they are "special" leeches,labatory grown in China,[I think], and are very expensive,and they can only be used once.

I was sorta thinking about raising them myself.But thought this could just be another of "my get rich quick" schemes,that could go terribly awry.

By Ophelia on Tuesday, May 28, 2002 - 05:47 pm:

"could go terribly awry."

Help! the leeches have taken over the lab!!!

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact