ditchdived?

sorabji.com: Have you ever...: ditchdived?
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By
pez on Wednesday, May 22, 2002 - 02:50 am:

on hot summer nights, the tough girls sleep outside.

it's harder than it sounds. oregon summernights aren't even particularly warm, let alone hot. in the foothills of mount hood, with winds coming off the gorge. beautiful sly, as close as you can get to portland and see more than a handful of stars.

you have your t-shirts and sweats on, your sleeping bags on the trampoline, shoes lost in the grass. three feet above the ground on the summit of an ancient volcano, the breezes of summer waft so coolly that you'll swear your zipper will give you frostbite, but you don't cae. you're barely a teen and alive, there's so much ahead and complaining would make you one of them.

but there's no sleep yet to be had. what to do? why walk to town, of course. there's nothing to do in town anyway, except run around breathless and giddy; high on life, but who cares?

so out come the greens and blues and browns. sweatshirts and stocking caps and socks. and you go.

every light is another threat of discovery. nobody knows who or where you are, no gods no masters. when the lights go by, into the ditch you go. blackberries and sheeps shit you"ll worry about later.

suddenly one stops, backs up. "a little past your bedtime?" bedtime? bedtime! there is no bedtime for tough girls in green. press on, press on.

finally there's a sidewalk, buzzing yellowed lights twenty feet above. you've made it. the two blocks of town in farmurbia northwest, a couple of skaters and a schoolchum's mother. so back home you go.

ditchdiving back to the volcano.

By patrick on Wednesday, May 22, 2002 - 11:33 am:

ive dumpster dived before.

By Nate on Wednesday, May 22, 2002 - 11:50 am:

i'm not suprised, patty.

you're kicking ass, pez.

By patrick on Wednesday, May 22, 2002 - 11:56 am:

its a rite of passage as a boredteenpunkstar.

And its also a gold mine when your doing it at the Hostess Bakery.

we played 'hit the deck' as a kid dodging headlights...diving into the bushes staying out past 9 on summer nights. I was 10 though.

By Oswald Jr. on Wednesday, May 22, 2002 - 12:05 pm:

Pez thats some supercool writing. I been dumpster diveing a lot and also been out on the streets I know what its like.

By Nate on Wednesday, May 22, 2002 - 12:14 pm:

we called 'hit the deck' 'special forces'.

same game, though.

By semillama on Wednesday, May 22, 2002 - 12:28 pm:

We called it stealthing. it was dumb but fun.

By patrick on Wednesday, May 22, 2002 - 12:29 pm:

oh wow. i didnt realize such Tom Foolery was so widespread.

By pez on Wednesday, May 22, 2002 - 02:15 pm:

every time i dumpster dive i come home with a rocking chair.

but tom foolery visits everyone.

By Hal on Wednesday, May 22, 2002 - 07:13 pm:

Dumpster diving is a great way to get free hardware.

By pez on Wednesday, May 22, 2002 - 07:44 pm:

rm hmm.

but what do you think (of the story?)

By Ophelia on Wednesday, May 22, 2002 - 10:12 pm:

i liked it. good stuff.

By Hal on Wednesday, May 22, 2002 - 10:13 pm:

Good.... Very good....

However it doesn't compare with naked Leia and a battery powered lightsaber.

By pez on Thursday, May 23, 2002 - 01:33 am:

pfft.

By Ophelia on Thursday, May 23, 2002 - 09:40 pm:

both are impressive but i liked the story better

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact