played Barbies?

sorabji.com: Have you ever...: played Barbies?
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By Spider on Monday, December 1, 2003 - 03:08 pm:

How did you play with Barbies? What kind of stories did you make up for them?

By dave. on Monday, December 1, 2003 - 03:17 pm:

i didn't but cleo just glued rainbow barbie's head to its ass. she likes groovy girls better.

By kazu on Monday, December 1, 2003 - 03:25 pm:

I had three dolls, dream date barbie and ken, and malibu barbie. They lived in an apartment that was in my walk-in closet. I had tons of barbie furniture: the barbie dining room and kitchen sets, the canopy bed, the living room, a bathroom, the pink convertible, and a bike (I think). I also had this thing called a Ginnie (?) doll that was like skipper only younger (like an anatomically correct 10 year old girl). Ken and Malibu Barbie were the parents and the other two were the teenage and younger daughters.

I used to get food for them. Cheerios were donuts and kix painted in red and orange marker were apples and oranges. These accompanied the plastic food that came with the barbie fridge.

They lived next door to Castle Greyskull and He-Man was Ginnie's stocky little playmate because they were the same height. Otherwise, their lives were fairly uninteresting. They went to school and had their hair streaked with marker every now and then. They went to the beach. After I managed to sneak and watch a few episodes of Three's Company, Ginnie dropped out of the picture for a while and my family turned into three roommates. I also used to make furniture out of shoeboxes and my holly hobbie mini bake oven served as some kind of counter top.

My barbies had lots of stiff limbed sex. Didn't we talk about this before?

By Spider on Monday, December 1, 2003 - 03:36 pm:

Yeah, I think we did, but I couldn't remember. On another message board I read, some girl was talking about all the violent things she put her Barbies through, and it made me wonder if most little girls did this. I know my friends and I did, and even the friends I met when we were older had played that way with their Barbies.

Do you remember where the other thread we talked about this in is? (Is that clear?) I can't search for crap on these boards.

By kazu on Monday, December 1, 2003 - 03:44 pm:

By The Watcher on Tuesday, December 2, 2003 - 01:56 pm:

My wife still has her original barbi packed up somewhere. Along with my original GI Joe.

If we ever need some cash they are worth a few pennies now.

By Miss Pez on Tuesday, December 2, 2003 - 07:20 pm:

My barbies were headless singing zombies who cross-dressed and used female condoms.

I once made a beautiful dress for one of them out of cut and folded printer and scotch tape but I had to cut it off.

By eri on Tuesday, December 2, 2003 - 09:27 pm:

I loved my barbies. I had the townhouse, the cars, and my friends had the pools. We played like they were people who had the money we didn't. Who had the clothes and the lifestyles we wanted.

And when my sister and two cousins were molested, they used the barbies as a healing tool to act out what they were afraid to say.

By wisper on Wednesday, December 3, 2003 - 12:52 am:

oh, damn.

that went from wholesome to creepy in such a short amount of time.

good show!

By c on Wednesday, December 3, 2003 - 01:59 am:

By moonit on Wednesday, December 3, 2003 - 03:42 am:

Mine were called Crystal and Christie. I had 11.

Megan (from My Little Ponies) had a black dress made out of duct tape.

By agatha on Thursday, December 4, 2003 - 12:14 am:

I liked Midge, with the red hair. All of my Barbies wore Ken clothing. I really liked those sharp pegged Ken pants with the pleats. Also, the fifties style hawaiian shirts with the snaps down the fronts.

By Claire on Saturday, August 21, 2004 - 12:48 am:

I was obsessed with Barbies! I had a whole elaborate family tree and soap-opera storyline for my Barbies. There were all kinds of affairs and lots of sex... and I was only like 7 years old! If my Barbies had been a TV show, it woulda had some high ratings!

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact