got an email from Ted Danson?

sorabji.com: Have you ever...: got an email from Ted Danson?
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By Rowlfe on Tuesday, December 23, 2003 - 07:05 pm:

or Mary Steenburgen?

I did.

I'm still getting Wes Clark campaign spam... but this one is just too sweet, I had to share it with you. I think I'm going to let them keep coming to see who else has a message for me, someone who couldnt vote for him even if he wanted to.

Dear Friend,

Happy holidays, from our family to yours. We're writing to tell you about our very special friendship with Wes Clark, and to encourage you to join us and do as much as you can to support his candidacy in the critical weeks ahead.

I've known Wes Clark since childhood. Our mothers were best friends and both worked as secretaries at Commercial National Bank in Little Rock. Wes and I grew up together, and I'm not afraid to admit that I have always pushed myself to live up to his high standards of achievement. I still am today.

But the support that Ted and I pledge to Wes goes beyond our cherished friendship with him and Gert. The fact is, Wes is the most qualified candidate to lead our country at a time when we so desperately need new leadership. He alone has the character, wealth of experience, and vision to move America ahead and help us achieve our great promise as a nation.

We need Wes Clark as our next President, and we know what we must do to help him get elected. Ted and I are committed to doing everything we can to ensure Wes' nomination this spring, and we're greatly looking forward to continuing our support into the 2004 general election against George W. Bush. We're writing letters, hosting events in our home, and contributing money. And each and every day, we're asking everyone around us to do the same, in whatever amounts they can. Now we're asking you.

Please contribute to Clark for President today!

December 31st is a critical deadline for Wes' campaign, as it will mark the end of the latest fundraising quarter. All of the candidates will be judged by their ability to raise funds to support their campaigns through the grueling spring primaries.

Each donation will help, no matter how large or how small. And because the first $250 of your contribution will be doubled by federal matching funds, $25 is really $50; $50 is really $100; and $100 is really $200.

Please give as generously as you can to the Clark campaign.

As we gather with our families and friends for the holiday season, we are reminded of our many blessings. We are also reminded of the work that lies ahead in 2004. Today, if each of us does our part, we can ensure an even happier holiday next year -- after we've elected Wes Clark as President of the United States.

From our family to yours, we wish you a safe and happy holiday season.

Sincerely,

Mary Steenburgen and Ted Danson

By Rowlfe on Friday, January 9, 2004 - 07:21 pm:

Dear Friend,

I've never done this before. But life is about taking risks is it not?

I know that people seem to pay attention to everything I do. Big or Small. Ridiculous or Sublime. So I am hoping they pay attention to this:

I am supporting General Wesley Clark for President.

Not only as a "celebrity," but as an American citizen and as a mother. I want my children to grow up with the same opportunities that I had -- to know and understand what's going on in the world and to travel that world safely and with pride.

I fear the future I wish for my children is at risk, so I'm taking action. Please join me.

Our greatest risk is not terrorism, and it's not Iraq or the “Axis of Evil.” Our greatest risk is a lack of leadership, a lack of honesty and a complete lack of consciousness. Unfortunately our current government cannot see the big picture. They think too small. They suffer from the “what's in it for me?” syndrome. The simple truth is that the current administration has squandered incredible opportunities to bring the world together, to promote peace in regions that have only known war, to encourage health in places that are ravaged with disease, to make us more secure by living up to our principles at home and abroad. The simple truth is that the policies of our current administration do not reflect what is great about America.

Thankfully, we have a candidate running for President who is committed to ensuring that our country lives up to its promise and its people. Wes Clark is a decorated soldier and a respected diplomatic leader who has already given 34 years to his country. He is smart and he is good. He has worked hard to get where he is and he is a national hero.

A perfect example of the American Dream.

I've never aligned myself with a presidential candidate during the primary season. But this time, the stakes are just too high, we have too much to lose and there is so much work to be done.

I'm joining you in supporting General Wesley Clark in 2004. I have committed to do all that I can to help his campaign in the coming months, and I'm asking you to do the same. He needs all of us to reaffirm our support today, at the start of the New Year.

I've looked at all the Democratic candidates. I respect them all for their dedication and patriotism. But I'm supporting Wes Clark because in him I see the qualifications, character and vision that we so desperately need.

We are a country with incredible promise. As Americans, we enjoy opportunities like no other. Unfortunately we too often take these opportunities for granted. You may not agree with everything I say or do, but whether you're rich or poor, young or old, black or white, gay or straight, I know you share my concern and recognize the need for change.

If you can give, give generously. If you can volunteer time, get involved now. And don't be shy…share your support with everyone you meet.

If it helps, spread this message on to everyone you know. My opinions have made news before. Let's make some news in 2004.

Madonna

By Rowlfe on Friday, January 9, 2004 - 07:21 pm:

I think I might sign up to some Dean newsletter and see who he's getting...

fuck that, I want to see what maggot crawled out the dark to support Lieberman

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact