had your pet arrested?

sorabji.com: Have you ever...: had your pet arrested?
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By droopy on Monday, April 24, 2006 - 04:55 pm:

my sister lives in new braunfels, texas - one of those little german towns in south texas around the san antonio area. this morning i got this email from her:

Did i tell you Rawley, my dog, "lunged" at a man....and she was sent to the clink for a night.....not good. all in all....it ended ok...she has been sentenced to 10 days of home quarintine.....so far so good..she is not a bad dog...she is just big....and it scares some people..

i've never heard of this happening - jail time. and i haven't been able to get any more details - like where she was and if the dog made contact with the man. or if somebody actually called the police or what.

a lot of dogs lunged at me. none of them have been arrested for it. jeez.

By kazu on Monday, April 24, 2006 - 05:56 pm:

My friend's cat had to be quarantined after he bit me. He spent one night at animal control and the rest of the time, my friend was allowed to do an in-home quarantine.

By TBone on Monday, April 24, 2006 - 06:55 pm:

Blur's ass got kicked the other morning. He's got a bloody toe from running away too hard. Lots of scratches.
    I wish he'd stay out of fights. He always loses, poor guy.

Is the quarantine to watch for signs of rabies?

By droopy on Monday, April 24, 2006 - 07:38 pm:

here's the sequence of events -

Jamie (my sister's husband) takes Rawley (who is a bloodhound) with him to do some shopping. they're in a parking lot: jamie's loading something into the jeep and rawley's on a leash. some guy happens by and walks between rawley and jamie. rawley jumps up onto the guy. i don't know if he was barking or being threatening or if he just put his paws on him. anyway, after jamie pulls rawley of him, the guy goes off and calls the cops. the cops have to haul rawley in. they check his veterinarian records to make sure he had all his shots (he did). i'm not sure what the quarantine was for.

i just can't believe this was such a big deal.

By droopy on Monday, April 24, 2006 - 10:31 pm:

this is what my sis says about the quarantine:

Well....the animal control was contacted and they gave us two choices: put her down or quarintine her for 10 days.....we qualified for home quarintine after the 1st night. I guess they were worried that she didnt have her shots. She was on leash, but off our property when it happened - my dog has a record...how sad is that.

By sarah on Tuesday, April 25, 2006 - 01:06 pm:

oh yeah, my friend Paul in Lago Vista had a dog, Max, that went to jail several times. he always escaped the 9 foot fence and ran around the neighborhood just generally being mean to people and other animals. Max was sent to jail several times with no option of home quarrantine (because he would get out anyway).

after the dog's like 5th offense, animal control said Max would have to be put down unless Paul could find another, more suitable home for the dog. which he did. somewhere new New Braunfels, believe it or not, or maybe Max is in Kyle. something like that.

By kazu on Tuesday, April 25, 2006 - 03:55 pm:

Apparently in the county where I live there was a rabid cat
    some years ago and so now they quarantine every cat that's
    bites someone. The health center at my school was required
    to report it when I went to have it treated the next day. They
    assumed that my friend would just have to show the cat's
    vet records, but that wasn't enough.

By V on Tuesday, April 25, 2006 - 10:46 pm:

hmmm,does it count my cat allmost killed a starling last week?,as a human,she would be locked up by now...and if my cat gets re-incarnated as a human,it will be as a "ninja",she knows all the moves.

By V on Tuesday, April 25, 2006 - 10:59 pm:

...God help us if cats ever grow wings...flying flesh eating felines from hell,,mine is...apart from that she is real kissable.

By V on Wednesday, April 26, 2006 - 10:50 pm:

...I still dont know how my cat can catch a bird 4 foot off the ground and upside down at the same time,thats why I regard her as as a ninja.

By Anastasia on Wednesday, May 24, 2006 - 08:41 pm:

I am wondering about the quarinetine laws concerning pets (1
    dog 2 cats) to Greece. Any idea wait the wait is?

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact