fed a dog oranges

sorabji.com: Have you ever...: fed a dog oranges
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By droopy on Thursday, April 26, 2007 - 02:35 am:

the shop i work in is now, more or less officially, called "stella's full circle emporium".

stella is my boss's dog, a hyperactive (is there any other kind?) jack russell terrier. she has free run of the store.

last week i spilled some peanuts on the floor. i thought i had cleaned up most of them. but then stella showed and started snorfling around for all the peanuts i missed.

so now stella considers me and my area of commerce a source of food.

today i was behind my counter and eating an orange. i consider it important to eat high nutrition foods while drinking on the job. stella shows up and gives me her "give-me-food" look.

i said: "it's an orange, you idiot," under the assumption that dogs don't eat oranges.

i stuck an orange slice in her face expecting her to turn up her nose and leave. instead, she snaps it out of my hand and gobbles it down.

i say: "you've got to be kidding." i present her with another slice and she does the same thing.

stella is eager for a third orange section, but i'm not sure i should give her one. i go off to another part of the store to find shannon, whose other job is as an veterinarian nurse or something like that.

i say: "shannon? can you feed dogs oranges?"

shannon: "won't kill her, far as i know."

i say: "i've fed stella two orange slices."

shannon: "christ, that dog will eat anything. i've seen her eat raw onions. don't give her any more; between the sugars and the citric acid, she's had enough."

By moonit on Thursday, April 26, 2007 - 06:27 am:

Reese the peanut butter cup LOVES lemons. She will play with them, then eat them. It's weird, she's the only dog I know who does this.

By Me............ on Thursday, April 26, 2007 - 09:19 am:

my mother had a toy poodle named 'motley', whom we considered retarded.........every morning the dog had to have a cup of coffee with cream and 2 sugars, plus an orange....a peeled orange, of course......no she couldn't do it........we had to peel for her......she ate a complete orange most a.m.'s....wasn't really too retarded, was she.......just odd........

By Karla on Thursday, April 26, 2007 - 12:43 pm:

Rufus, my basset hound, is like a goat. He'll eat ANYTHING. His favorite snack is a white cotton sock, the stinkier the better. He's also fond of nylon knee-highs. He snarfs 'em up and about 24 hours later they come out the other end, still in one piece. He once ate some steel wool that had fallen behind the recycling bins. He coughed for a few hours, drank a lot of water and that was it. He also snatched a full bag of M&Ms off the counter and ate them, wrapping and all. Chocolate is supposed to be toxic to dogs, but it didn't even phase him.
    That's probably why that poisoned dog food didn't kill him.
    However, he won't eat peas, carrots or grapes.

By kazu on Thursday, April 26, 2007 - 02:49 pm:

Henry loves oranges.

Henry eats everything: oranges, peanut butter, wood chips,
    cat poo, dust bunnies....

I don't know how he can tell the difference between food
    and notfood.

By V on Thursday, April 26, 2007 - 05:21 pm:

...Snorfling?????this is a made up word that is not in a dictionary,right?

By platypus on Thursday, April 26, 2007 - 05:32 pm:

My cats love grapes. They like to chase them around the house and then scarf them. They also really like pumpkin puree and carrot slices. Go figure.

By kazu on Thursday, April 26, 2007 - 05:41 pm:

I give henry pumpkin puree to help with his anal glands

By V on Thursday, April 26, 2007 - 05:50 pm:

plat,its fat spiders for my 2 cats.,Tia and Pals.

By V on Thursday, April 26, 2007 - 06:03 pm:

plat,lost track of your cats names.Can you post them?

By platypus on Thursday, April 26, 2007 - 07:46 pm:

Loki gets pumpkin to help with his exploding ass I mean irritable bowel disease. But the other two are into it as well, and I figure more fiber cannot hurt.

By V on Thursday, April 26, 2007 - 07:55 pm:

4 cats????

By V on Thursday, April 26, 2007 - 08:09 pm:

plat,both my cats try to kill each other,so as one comes in,I have to put one out,how do you run 4 cats?

By agatha on Friday, April 27, 2007 - 12:24 am:

This thread rules.

Dave had a dog named Stella that became partly mine when our households merged. I loved that damn dog. She was a good dog, for being such a bad dog.

My animals all like popcorn, but only if it's heavy on the butter and nutritional yeast.

By moonit on Friday, April 27, 2007 - 01:12 am:

Reese steals undies and takes them outside. And socks. And yesterday she ate a pound of butter. She's been counter surfing the little mushface.

By platypus on Friday, April 27, 2007 - 01:59 am:

The cats had a bra obsession for awhile, but they seem to have gotten over it. Fortunately.

By Me............. on Friday, April 27, 2007 - 05:05 am:

my young {at the time] daughter {maybe 10} had a bra obsession, also.....thought she was elly-may clampitt.....made my bras into double-barrelled sling-shots..........pretty funny at first, 'til i had no more bras.
    we also had toy poodles {nasty ones] that would wait for my sisters or me to have a date, right before the guy came to the front door, to wait in the front hallway for us-the dogs would drag out our old used, bloody tampons-and leave them sittimg there for our guys to see......nasty, nasty, dogs!!!!!!

By droopy on Friday, April 27, 2007 - 08:14 pm:

By Me........ on Saturday, April 28, 2007 - 10:29 am:

stella is a weird looking dog - nice, but different......i'm glad the store is not in k.c.mo., but fort worth-'cause i'd spend ALL my money there..it looks cool.......

By sarah on Monday, April 30, 2007 - 02:56 pm:

leroy loves steamed broccoli.

when he smells it cooking, he sits at the edge of the kitchen and waits patiently for his portion.

lulu tries to like broccoli because leroy does, but she ends up spitting it out.

they both love green grapes. if you toss one in the air, lulu can catch it. leroy can't, he has to chase it down.

By Dougie on Monday, April 30, 2007 - 03:04 pm:

By droopy on Thursday, May 3, 2007 - 03:00 am:

fed stella more oranges today. i've got her hooked. i didn't feed her the jalapeņo pickled egg i brought to work, though; i thought that would be too much.

when i left work to go home, a massive storm front came in. asked antigone if you don't believe me; texas weather has been vicious, lately.

it's a long story that i'm too tired to tell, but my ride home was an adventure...and very wet. the bus i rode to downtown actually flooded at one point. when i got home, there were several messages on my machine asking if i was alive.

i'm a living, waterlogged cripple. life is an adventure.

By Antigone on Thursday, May 3, 2007 - 06:49 pm:

Max (my cat) loves black olives.

By semillama on Sunday, May 6, 2007 - 05:55 pm:

My old kitty, seke, loves tortilla chips. The other cat is indifferent to
    them.

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact