or, more importantly, what did you get for x-mas?

sorabji.com: What do you want?: or, more importantly, what did you get for x-mas?
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By wisper on Tuesday, December 26, 2000 - 01:33 am:

cheesy, yeah but somebody has to start this topic.

i feel so dirty.

Wisper's christmas /'00 included:
    -a giant Kinder Egg ball, compleat with giant toy inside
    -socks
    -soap
    -a painting, done by the signifigant other
    -more soap
    -Rocky Horror action figure (Columbia)
    -enough chocolate to kill a man twice my size
    -a 6' leather whip
    -the ugliest lamp in the known world (i collect them, you see) (ugly lamps, that is)
    -a BAD-ASS full-auto SLR minolta camera
    -and the christmas edition of Martha Stewart Living

a well rounded holiday, that's for sure.

By Nelly on Tuesday, December 26, 2000 - 10:57 am:

the American Heritage Dictionary, 4th edition
    (paper). a candle holder, 2 packages of biscotti,
    a christmas plaque, a CD holder, a CD of local
    jazz music, and bath thingies

pretty much a dud, except for the first one. I
    love the pictures of the cacomistle,
    infundibuliform and sergeant major. they shoulda
    left the Beatles in though.

By agatha on Tuesday, December 26, 2000 - 11:37 am:

a turtleneck sweater (i don't wear turtlenecks, haven't since i was about five.) a polarfleece vest. really pretty engraved earrings (i have enlarged earholes). a great cookbook from the fifties. cool potholders shaped like chickens. soap. an ugly lamp that you slide pictures into the lampshade on. that's about it.

By Nate on Tuesday, December 26, 2000 - 12:57 pm:

i got a bar of SOAP FOR MEN. a black knit shirt (short sleeve). a dirt devil (from A.'s brother). a cheese grater. a baking stone. a green fleece shirt (long sleeve). a soniccare toothbrush thing.

A. and I decided to buy our christmas present to each other after christmas -- a DVD player, et al. i decided that we could delay that and i would instead suprise A. with some jewelry. A. bought me some DVDs.

By droopy on Tuesday, December 26, 2000 - 03:36 pm:

new monitor (my old one died last tuesday morning. i got a new one as an early present on saturday.)

3 shirts (2 of which are virtually identical), 1 pair of pants which are the wrong size.

books:
    *The Grapes of Ralph: Wine According to Ralph Steadman [excellent book]
    *Rotten Reviews
    *Anam Cara: Book of Celtic Wisdom

Alcohol:
    Macallan 12 year-old, Scoresby (scotch); Ste Genevieve, Turning Leaf, Robert Mondavi (merlot); Santa Carolina (merlot/cab); Hogue (fume blanc); 2 bottles of Rolling Rock.

food:
    assorted nuts, ceramic bowl w/ almonds in it, cookies, cinnamon mints, smoked oysters, lumpfish caviar, anchovies, bag starbuck's ground coffee, bottle of starbuck's latte, olivier's bread dip, cashew & popcorn crackerjack-like stuff, boysenberry jam, chocolat coins

random stuff:
    harmonica, dish towels, pumice sponge (my hands are so callused from wheelchairing, i get something like that every year), plastic egg with bb's in it by "jim dunlop", something that is either a hand-held citrus juicer or an anal sex toy

By pez on Tuesday, December 26, 2000 - 04:21 pm:

(in my stocking)
    -santa coca-cola playing cards in tin
    -freightliner frisbee
    -freightliner notepad
    -green leprechan frieghtliner stress ball
    -rice candy
    -3 pcs ferro rocher
    -rice candy
    -"special sauce" for sandwiches (must've been my dad)
    -crest (trial size)
    -excedrin (trial size)
    -dried peaches
    -dried figs
    -packet of dry chicken noodle soup mix
    -white fox ornament
    -penguin socks

(from my maternal grandparents)
    -set of steam curlers

(from my maternal aunt)
    -closonne bracelet
    -knee-length purple sweatshirt
    -angel ornament

(from my maternal uncle)
    -money

(from my sister)
    -gray scandinavian-look hat w/long braids

(from my parents/santa)
    -emergency roadside kit
    -steering wheel cover
    -oatmeal-color fleece coat
    -red hooded zip-up sweater
    -red pullover
    -electric bed warmer
    -gloves
    -3 prs socks
    -red bangle bracelets
    -silver bracelet
    -silver necklace

(from my paternal grandparents)
    -shoes
    -box of candy
    -money

(from a paternal parallel cousin who drew my name for gift-giving this year)
    -unknown. he forgot it at home.

gaaah. i'm not going to do the great coworker gift-away stuff. or maybe i will. later if i do.

By Jeffrey Scott Holland on Tuesday, December 26, 2000 - 07:49 pm:

"The Big Lebowski" on DVD.

"Island of Dr.Moreau" (1996) on DVD.

"Barton Fink" on VHS.

"Basquiat" on VHS.

A Basquiat art book.

assorted CDs

and of course, money from the parents.

By Bna3t on Tuesday, December 26, 2000 - 07:55 pm:

anyone seen that new cohen bros ?

i poo blood!

By wisper on Tuesday, December 26, 2000 - 08:36 pm:

pez, what's a frieghtliner ?

By Trace on Tuesday, December 26, 2000 - 10:34 pm:

Clothes, clothes, clothes -shirts, 3 (usually only get one) pairs of jeans (xmas is the only time i get new jeans, at least one pair a year keeps me happy)boxers, socks and NO TIES (YEAH) (needed more clothes).
    Tool box with tools in it.
    The Perfect Storm on DVD.
    A green for indoor golf during winter.
    Titan AE on vhs
    New Legend of Sleepy Hollow on vhs
    Civization II, test of time CD Rom
    Beetles 1 CD
    Flashlight.
    Assorted dollar store cologne (from the girls).
    My aunt always gets me a new flashlight every year, I have a drawer full of them......
    And a new watch from my wife (i collect watches)

By Trace on Tuesday, December 26, 2000 - 10:36 pm:

I bought my wife the Rocky Horror Picture show 25th anniversary on dvd. ugh

By Nate on Tuesday, December 26, 2000 - 11:23 pm:

ugh?

By amanda on Tuesday, December 26, 2000 - 11:35 pm:

_just as long as we're together_(by judy blume)
    pajamas
    a hairband.
    2001 day calendar with quotes of inspirational women.

my mother died five days before christmas. wow. that was incredibly painful to type.

i taught my five year old sister how to tie her shoes. she woke me up on christmas morning not to play with presents, but to watch her tie her shoes. how cute.

in the spirit of no longer wanting to be a depressed individual. i don't want to be bell_jar anymore. i guess i'll just be me.

By dave. on Wednesday, December 27, 2000 - 12:14 am:

hi, amanda. sorry about mom.

By Daniel ssss on Wednesday, December 27, 2000 - 12:36 am:

hello amanda, good bye bell jar. each time a parent dies we get another chance to grow up. your loss will be remembered in my prayers.

gifts:

a great didjereedoo from Down Under in a handmade bag from Guatemala,

a replacement topo conservation atlas for Missouri, prolly lost by one of two sons rock climbing last summer,

a bright green shiny 9hp 26 inch two stage electric start, six speed forward and two reverse gas powered snow blower,

and

a two and one half hour breakfast of eggs toast and onions and potatoes with my boys,

email from South Smerica

phone call from discerning friends

the gift of another day on earth, brisk air to breathe, and the promise that everything's still working

By semillama on Wednesday, December 27, 2000 - 12:58 am:

Italian sweater from my uncle ( for a guy who dresses pretty shabby, he has good taste in clothing gifts)

Assorted odd stuff from my mom, including an Goldberg action figure/game mentioned previously here, a weird grass/feathers/coconut head thing, a Jesse Ventura magnet (right on!), a set of Anime videos (The Legend of Oseaflowne), a red panda slinky, little rubber stretchy lizards, the Beatles "1" ( I actually wanted actual albums, but I guess I will have to supply those myself), Monty Python's Contractual Obligation Album, Sukay's " Return of the Inca", a goose down comforter with a duvet that actually mathces sheets I own, a set of flannel sheets, teh Generation-X series of comics, up to 30 or so, and a set of bad hardware art from San Antonio depicting what appears to be conquistadores.

My brother got me "Return of the Dragon" and "X-men".

My dad got me a scanner, Orson Scott Card's "Ender's Shadow", Phillip K. Dick's "Valis" and "A Scanner Darkly", and some totally bitchin' maglites, ranging from pocket size to Detroit cop head basher.

My condolences on your mom, Amanda. Any thing you need to get out, we're hear to listen (well, read). Thoughts are with you.

By sarah on Wednesday, December 27, 2000 - 01:25 am:

i got a phone call at my aunt's house from my mother, who gave me a thorough list of grievances and things i have done wrong or thing i've done in the last seven days that have upset her. and then she told me that if i can't be less emotional and "behave" myself, that she doesn't want me to come back to her house, that she will pack my remaining things and bring them to me at my aunt's house, or take me the airport so i can return to hawaii early.

oh well. at least i tried. maybe i'll try again in another four years.

amanda, sorry about your mom. i'm really, really sorry. i think i know how you feel.

By dave. on Wednesday, December 27, 2000 - 01:43 am:

sarah, your mom needs to be dramatically slapped by a totally hardcore babe like yourself.

i mean babe in a good, intelligent, kick-ass, riotgrrl way, not the objectifying, diminutive way.

go on, do it!

By dave. on Wednesday, December 27, 2000 - 01:44 am:

semillama, let me know how the ender book is.

By heather on Wednesday, December 27, 2000 - 03:16 am:

i got...

a conversation with a friend [who during our _very long_ relationship cheated on me and left me three times] and i quote...
    "i feel responsible toward your parents. i think they look to me to take care of you [...etc]" and i don't remember exactly, but something like... 'they wouldn't blame me, though. i think they're suprised that i put up with you for so long.'

it was the cruelest hour that i ever remember experiencing.

what is wrong with me.

sarah would love to meet you. i am spending time in ann arbor, northville, berkley, birmingham and rochester. [i'm having trouble emailing out from here]

amanda. so sorry about your mother.

By Tom on Wednesday, December 27, 2000 - 05:59 am:

Amandamandapadandaranda. Hello. So good to make your acquaintance.

"Devil Ball" keychain.
    Shot glass (it says "who's your daddy?" on the side.)
    Harry and David fruit/chocolate/nuts
    Money from the parents, still concerned I won't make it on my own after 4 years. (still right, too, all things considered.)
    Tin of homemade mom cookies.
    Mocha Cappucino powder. Just add hot water! (actually very good.)
    Phone call from my father (he would have called earlier, but I told him I would be in Kansas with Trace, and he thought I'd actually gone.)
    Phone call from mother. We ended up getting in an argument about homosexuality when she implied that a friend of mine may have adopted a young boy because he was "unnatural," and may be making designs on the boy. She has decided that all homosexuals are depraved sex fiends. Little did she know that these conversations are the best gift she could give me, and possibly the only reason I still talk to her.

My roommate gave me an absolutely incredible gift:
    She went away. For the last three days now, I've had time and space to write ~2000 words per day. I feel 509% more human now. Job hunt until 5pm, fast food meal, down to the coffee shop and scribble until 11pm. I'm well into the middle of the beginning of whatever the hell this thing is.

AND I may yet make it onto the staff of the Oregonian. I missed the deadline date for a layout position, but I'm talking to the guy again tomorrow. Whether he knows it or not.

I got alot of promises for Xmas, too. I'll send you this, we'll visit then, etc.

Now that Xmas day is passed, I'm getting into the merry mood. Bring it BACK!! I WANNA DO-OVER!!

By Tom on Wednesday, December 27, 2000 - 06:09 am:

Amanda: is the Cat's Pajamas.

"How old are you if you don't know how old you are?" (neat question courtesy of Satchel Paige.)

Heather: go kick some ass.
    Sarah: go kick some ass.

I'm making my new years resolution now, to beat the rush: I'm gonna kick more ass this year. I think you should all join me. This will be the year of "please don't bother me, because i sorta like you, and I would hate to KICK YOUR ASS, but I will if you keep standing there and sounding off like a moron. I don't even really want to. I'm tired, and not in an ass-kicking mood, but I made a resolution to myself, so, y'know, *shrug* What can a guy do?"

Sem: I'm incredibly jealous. I never got to finish the Generation-X storyline. sosad.

Sorabji always seems to feel the wrath of my caffiene highs. Sorry, luvees.

By Trace on Wednesday, December 27, 2000 - 07:33 am:

yes, ugh. I cannot stand musicals. but at least this one is slightly amusing

By Sarah on Wednesday, December 27, 2000 - 12:11 pm:

heather: i'm in rochester. 248 651 1806. maybe we can save each other. what are you doing for new years?

By semillama on Wednesday, December 27, 2000 - 04:17 pm:

Goddamn what are you doing in Rochester?

Go to OU and see if the cockroaches with chef's hats that I spray painted outside the dorm cafeteria are still there. Also the outline of myyc razy friend Scott with a "Bob" head for a face, which is outside the northeast entrance to Dodge Hall. I'm certain the heads we painted on the insides of the elevator doors in the south side of Hamlin Hall are still there.

Or if'n you all are seriously bored, you can drive 9 hours to Houghton and I'll entertain you.

By moonit on Wednesday, December 27, 2000 - 09:02 pm:

Sorry to hear about your mum Amanda.

I got:
    lingere and a penis keyring (which i opened in front of my whole family including my grandmother),
    chocolate
    purfume
    2 cds - Fur Patrol (Pet) - great kiwi band - download Lydia if you can find it on Napster) and Beatles 1
    outdoor furniture (this present made me realise I am now old. outdoor furniture *sigh*)
    a cross-stitch my grandmother made
    and lots of little junky toys

By Daniel the very quiet therapist sssshhhh on Wednesday, December 27, 2000 - 11:25 pm:

and a belated "gift" late last night, rather early this morning: a three hour discussion with my thoroughly heroin addicted good friend of many heartache filled years, long haired and beautiful and newly breasted female survivor, who tells me vividly what huddling under blankies and sweating feels like while throwing up, how not even the valium and librax combination can calm her, and would I please get her drunk ...

and today the second quiet call to tell me good bye. Apparently, I won't get to see her boob job unless I attend her funeral.

yes, friendship, shared experience, suicide, the plea to watch over her children: the gifts that keep on giving. Right until the end, and after.

By Daniel Still on Wednesday, December 27, 2000 - 11:29 pm:

and then forgetfulness: What I Want? an interlude in some airport between planes, a surprise visit or at least a call from you- know- who .... but what the hell?

Santa's been here and gone

By Tiny Elf on Thursday, December 28, 2000 - 12:10 am:

But the elves haven't been yet.

By Thistle on Thursday, December 28, 2000 - 12:25 am:

Elves? Where? *pouncemunchyum* *skitter*

A very noxious purple hat.
    Far too many calenders, money, the old pit and pendulum, an argument, and computerus application time waster. Shazzom.

By J on Friday, December 29, 2000 - 01:24 am:

I got a beautiful coffee table book of angels,I got a wonderfull bust of two cherubs,I got a gift card for tower records,and for Steinmart,and for Tower Records,and some beautiful hair things.And my s/o say's we are going shopping now,while everything is on sale.

By SnowblowingDanielssSs on Friday, December 29, 2000 - 11:58 pm:

Any Biker Bars in Rochester, Sarah?

And Ms Tiny Elf... you know where my chimney is, and you can climb down it anytime...anytime.

Say, what's a noxious purple hat look like? I got a noxious green one to go with my snowblower. You know, the BIG one that Frosty wanted but I GOT!!!!

By Cat on Saturday, December 30, 2000 - 01:59 am:

I have a lovely black straw hat with feathers and black and pink roses that I wear to the races sometimes.

There's also my rabbit skin wide-brimmed hat ala Crocodile Dundee minus those gross teeth things. It has a sweat stain on the brim from the day I planted the gardenias.

I have a pink straw hat for the beach. And a green straw hat with a huge bow for absolutely no reason but it looks cute on my entrance hallstand. There's more but I'm too hungover.

By Martha Stewart friend of Dan on Saturday, December 30, 2000 - 11:42 am:

rose matched wallpaper?

By semillama on Saturday, December 30, 2000 - 02:26 pm:

Biker Bars in Rochester? Way too white-bread. That's where Madonna grew up, you know.

By Tiny Elf on Saturday, December 30, 2000 - 04:12 pm:

I'm slipping into my chimney cleaning outfit.

By sarah on Saturday, December 30, 2000 - 07:18 pm:

heather and i are meeting in Rochedster at Main Street Billiards tonight. i'm going to try to convince her to drive us downtown to see G Love and Special Sauce at ST. Andrews. if not, no biggie. we'll just suck down beers and talk trash about sorabjiites. either way it's good with me. i'm just thoroughly fired up to meet her, finally. my second sorabjiite encouter.

but going downtown would rock so hard. we'll see how cracy it gets.

i'm in a mood. word.

By sarah on Saturday, December 30, 2000 - 07:19 pm:

p.s. i'm already drunk off my ass. step-family gathering. can you say brandy and eggnog? mass quantities required for survivial.

By Daniel ssss on Sunday, December 31, 2000 - 12:23 am:

Spent time in Birmingham once with the daughter of a school priniciple, with whom I drank the night away at her high school prom some many miles distant north. I think we started drinking in Royal Oaks and plowed north, and returned thoroughly fixed in the back seat of a 68 Mustang. Not sure of the proximity of Rochester. Spent many a night with vodka in Benton Harbor, closest drinking town to my undergrad years at Valparaiso...never did figure out why we drove so damn far just to drink in Michigan. I think my fraternity was banned from all clubs in Indiana and Illinois...Michigan seemed the closest. Early on, when awakening on a snowencrusted park bench in beautiful downtown Gary In next to the then boarded up first few floors of a Howard Johnsons....I decided I was not going to be a low bottom drunk, not me. So I finished school and grad school and became a high bottom drunk. Not much difference in the end...just spent more money to keep appearances up.

Be careful Sarah, and have a HNY you two. And everybody else. Still waiting for Ms Wonderful here in MO (oh, that's just a persona awaiting another persona I guess). Elves welcome.

By Tom on Sunday, December 31, 2000 - 01:37 am:

New Years will be crazy. I haven't flown in so long.. I wonder if I still remember how. I'm thoroughly looking forward to San Francisco, but I can't get hold of my old drinking buddy. Oh, AndreKarpov, where are you?

*sigh*

It'll be fun, though. Back to the ocean. Drunk on the Embarcadero. yes.

By heather on Sunday, December 31, 2000 - 01:37 am:

ummm.....so it's heather and sarah and the return key won't work. fuck you all we've had a lot to drink. also i smell like smoke which i don't like very much.

By sarah and heather on Sunday, December 31, 2000 - 01:42 am:

heather amd i got fucked up and we played pool all night. we won 2 out of 3. now we're going to have sex, because why the hell not. we hate men, they try to pick us up at the bar but to no avaail. it's better then we imaginedd.

don't worry, we'll post photos so you can you can enjoy varicaroussly. whatever/ werre trashed/.
    love to you all, wish you were here.

love,

s and h

By heather and sarah on Sunday, December 31, 2000 - 01:44 am:

the eggnog did not like the brandy. but we're drinking it anyway. so there.

By Tom on Sunday, December 31, 2000 - 02:25 am:

Oh, dear lord. Next, announce your engagement. I'm leaving, and I'm not taking my computer with me, so there.

By Daniel ssss on Sunday, December 31, 2000 - 11:29 am:

viva la difference! Frosty and I are going to get down with the snowblower.

Happy Hangovers everyone.

By semillama on Sunday, December 31, 2000 - 02:48 pm:

AH, I am too late to encourage you to go to St. Andrew's, my very favorite place to see a show in the world. I nearly got a concussion at a Soundgarden show there, and that's where I saw Killing Joke. It's also where I was nearly set on fire.

Glad you guys are having fun. I hope I can manage to wrangle up some here.

By sarah on Monday, January 1, 2001 - 04:52 pm:

so, here's what happened. by the time i got to the pool hall at 9:30ish, i was at that point solidly drunk - having drank heavily from 2 p.m. to survive an afternoon game of Disfunctional Step-Family Feud. and for the record, my mother also got trashed, though that side of my family fortunately has been able to avoid alcoholism. in any case, heather shows up at the bar and i'm working on my first Sapphire martini.

heather is a very beautiful woman. i thought she was 24 or 25 years old, though she told me she was older. we hung out and drank a few and i put my name in line for a pool table.

my old friend from back in the day showed up with her boyfriend and the four of us played three games of pool, and i continued to drink. a lot. heather drank a lot too i guess, and so did Janet, but i was so fucked up i wasn't paying attention to much of anything. by the third game it was a miracle i was able to even sink a pool ball in a pocket, let alone hold a pool cue.

i have not drank so much as that in a long, long time. seriously, the last time i got that drunk i was an undergrad in college.

after we finished three games, i said aloud, "i want to go up to the bar and fuck with people." because every time i go out somewhere social in michigan, i get annoyed, because people here can be so lame and uptight and unfriendly and that bugs me. it's like you can't talk to any strangers or strike up a conversation, and if you try to, they look at you like you are insane.

so we turned in our cues and balls. not five seconds after that, heather and i were approached by two guys. Enormous Dufus Heads. they bought us drinks.

they asked us how we met. i was so wasted i could not imagine how i could tell them. saying "we met on the internet" would have been easy enough, but that doesn't really tell the whole story. heather didn't say anything either. she and i just looked at each other and laughed. and i shit you not, one of them said to us, "Did you guys meet over the internet?" and we said yes, we giggled, and i felt very sheepish about that for some reason, even though i've met in person tons of people that i first ran into over the internet, it is hardly a novel experience to me anymore.

"hey, that's cool," one of them said.

and then, without actually saying it, somehow we were able to give them the immpression that were, like, together. together together. and so i think after that i said to heather, "you wanna get out of here?" because frankly at that point i had done what i had set out do and i did not care to get picked up by Enormous Dufus Heads. she said yes, so i think i hugged them and thanked them for the beer and then i apologized. they had tried really hard, they were so earnest about it, but unfortunately this was not their lucky night.

heather and i beat it out of there. she drove in this big ass car that rocked my world - it's just so Detroit - and luckily my mother only lives a mile or less from the bar. i logged in to this here bulletinboard, we typed in drunken abandon, i showed her my stomach, and then we both crashed in the single bed in the guest room at my mom's place.

i woke up feeling very nervous. jittery. i wouldn't typically get so fucked up upon meeting someone for the first time and i felt like i behaved badly. heather just seemed sleepy. she's very cool, btw. easy to talk to, way mellow.

i had to rush off to pick up my grandmother to take her to lunch. so heather and i left at the same time and spoke of getting together again before we both leave Detroit. the hangover kicked in about 1/2 way through lunch w/ grandma, but i managed to keep it together most of the afternoon.

that's my version. it's not the complete story, but it's good enough. heather took pictures w/ a disposable, and who knows what those will turn out to be. yikes.

By semillama on Monday, January 1, 2001 - 05:58 pm:

Oh, the suspense!

That's a good sorabji meeting story.

By Daniel spice shelf man on Monday, January 1, 2001 - 08:30 pm:

I wanna know what happened to the poodle.

Pretty quiet here. Just finished installing shelves in the spice cabinet. Rocks. A built in spice closet. And it is nearly full of those lovely little tiny jars.

Shit. I gotta get a life.

By Cat on Monday, January 1, 2001 - 09:20 pm:

I seem to have got an unexpected gift, a little bit late for Christmas, but you won't find me bitching.

My second last date of the millenium was sleazy but I was so proud of myself because I wasn't scared and just laughed at his creepiness. Not even a twitch of panic. Yeah me.

The last date was adorable and told me lots of nice things and I managed to drown out the cynical voice in my head for long enough to get quite a glow. We parted on a sweet kiss and he seemed decent enough to be flatteringly happy with that.

I woke up feeling beautiful and strong. It's such a blessed relief after weeks of feeling so crappy about myself.

There is light at the end of the tunnel of love. It's not a spotlight, but that's ok.

By Isolde on Monday, January 1, 2001 - 09:39 pm:

How was G Love, Sarah? I fucking love G Love.

I got nothing for Christmas, I expected nothing. I ate dinner with my old science teacher.

By N.b. on Tuesday, January 2, 2001 - 01:06 am:

i once tuned in the radio and heard this
    incredible concert, it sounded like the Rolling
    Stones, only young, and if they had suddenly lost
    all their criminal jadedness and rediscovered
    their r&b roots... never did hear who the band
    was, but went home and started making phone calls
    and eventually found out it was G Love and Special
    Sauce. their record didn't live up to that
    concert. haven't heard their latest ones tho

By patrick on Tuesday, January 2, 2001 - 02:44 pm:

i wanna see pics of heather and sarah for xmas.

By sarah on Wednesday, January 3, 2001 - 12:54 am:

fuckin shit, i'm drunk again and i've got to get up in a few hours to catch a plane and when i land in honolulu i've got to rush off to the office. holy fuck a moley why oh why.

By J on Wednesday, January 3, 2001 - 01:20 am:

you are all buff Sarah,you can do it.

By semillama on Wednesday, January 3, 2001 - 03:12 am:

You're takin' one for the team!

hee.

I have unfortunately grown too responsible to do things like that. I hope to have a relapse some day, but for now...I'll content myself with driving home slightly stoned on snow-covered roads, keenly paranoid for cops.

By Tom on Wednesday, January 3, 2001 - 05:45 pm:

wow, Sarah. that sounds almost EXACTLY like my experience on the night of Jan 1. my first drunken binge of stupidity in this fine year of 2001, except her name wasn't heather.

damn. from the sheepish "we-met-over-the-internet" straight through reckless drunkenness and waking up nervous/jittery/embarrased in a small bed.

wow.

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact