An Aero Candy Bar from the United Kingdom

sorabji.com: What do you want?: An Aero Candy Bar from the United Kingdom
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By
Jim aka Pajama on Thursday, June 7, 2001 - 08:50 am:

This is without a doubt the yummiest chocolate candy I have ever tasted.

At this very moment I'm craving one. And the only place in D.C. I know that carries them is 4 subway stops away. It's raining. I'm broke. This could cause a problem.

By Spider on Thursday, June 7, 2001 - 09:15 am:

They sell them in the coffee shop next to Chipotles on Old Georgetown Rd. in Bethesda, a couple blocks down from the Metro station. Are you near there?

By Jim aka Pajama on Thursday, June 7, 2001 - 03:48 pm:

not as near as I am to the one I referenced earlier -- but thanks. I think I shall get one tomorrow. YUM :)

By sarah on Thursday, June 7, 2001 - 05:44 pm:

did someone say chocolate? i want one.

i went down to the kitchen lounge here and i heard one woman offer another woman some toast. "no thanks... no carbs." she was about 40 years old and maybe 10-15 lbs overweight (whatever that means). there was another, older woman in the lounge, a skinny little thing, with a bag of cheetos and a reeces candy bar in front of her, while she read the paper. i hate people like that. hate them.

i have so much to do. packing, moving sale, boxes, shipping, insurance, health records, bank accounts. and all i want to do when i get home at the end of the day is eat chocolate and drink a bottle of wine and pass out. instead, i go to the gym and then deal with life until i pass out. ack.

oh, and i'm going to be in the bay area the night of july 4th, i get in around 9 p.m. the next morning i'm driving up to the high sierras with some friends for my yearly hiking and camping expedition. hope to see sheila again, and anyone else in the area with time and bottle of vodka.

By Antigone on Friday, June 8, 2001 - 02:14 am:

By Moonit on Friday, June 8, 2001 - 06:53 am:

we get aeros here - peppermint ones too and plain choc. mmmmmmm

if you haven't tried one and you can't get them and you want to try I'm a sucker for a candy swap

By agatha on Friday, June 8, 2001 - 11:21 am:

i was just thinking i really wanted to try one of those. moonie, can you send one or two with my cd, and i'll send you something of your specification?

By heather on Friday, June 8, 2001 - 11:57 am:

By moonit on Friday, June 8, 2001 - 06:32 pm:

No problem.

Ever since Mavis and I did a junk food swap I've been obsessed by American candy.

If I ever get to your side the first thing I'm gonna do after getting off the plane is find the nearest supermarket and drool.

By Platypus on Saturday, June 9, 2001 - 12:59 pm:

Moonit, send me your addy and tell me what some of your favourite candy flavours are, and I'll make you a little care package...

By J on Wednesday, June 13, 2001 - 02:39 pm:

I might be too paranoid to receive candy in the mail,I can send it,send me your address too moonit.

By Kymical on Wednesday, June 13, 2001 - 03:32 pm:

i want candy from japan!!

i want brit candy.

send me candy!!!

i will send the best of the bes in american fare.

By moonit on Wednesday, June 13, 2001 - 04:44 pm:

J i've lost your email address.

I'm quite talented you know.

By J on Wednesday, June 13, 2001 - 05:18 pm:

It's alright,I'm good like that too.

By Platypus on Wednesday, June 13, 2001 - 09:08 pm:

moonit, tell me if there are any types of candy you are radically opposed to. (ie peanuts, or almond roca, or something like that...)

By moonit on Thursday, June 14, 2001 - 04:53 am:

Nope nothing. If I think its weird the boy aka garbage guts will try it ; )

By moonit on Friday, June 22, 2001 - 08:34 pm:

u-no's taste like chocolate aero bars. Cept aero's have big gaps of air in them. At least I thought so.

The boy says that they do too, except a u-no is more nutty flavoured.

By wisper on Thursday, June 28, 2001 - 06:51 pm:

i could live off mint Aero bars.
    people, if you ever have a choice between life or mint Aero bars, take the chocolate.

*wisper's useless story of the day!*
    when i was 14 or 15 my aunt drove a friend and i across the border to Buffalo for shopping. Which i never understand, the dollar always being low low low here, but shoes in the states are cheaper. Sickeningly cheaper.
    Anyhooo, we stopped at a strip mall and found a big sale going on to get rid of Halloween candy (it was Nov.) so my friend and i bought about 10 or 15 mini-Kit Kat bars for very little cash. Kit Kat is our favorite. We sit on the curb and open one each and pull off the first line and ....something is very wrong. We agree. We take another bite, it's worse. We take a third, and at the same time let the offending candy fall out of our mouths and onto the ground. We opened and bit out of all the remaining chocolate bars for the same effect. I think we even went to a grocery store to buy a normal Kit Kat to see if it tased the same. They just tasted...wrong. Sick.

Few years later. I'm in Paris. There is a cool Kit Kat vending machine in a subway station, and i buy one. I could barely contain myself. I made everyone in my little group try it, and watched their eyes light up. It tasted rich. Better than sex. It was darker coloured too. I bought one in the london airport to confirm my theory, which it did.
    Simply, for some reason: US grade chocolate is shit, canadian is mid-range, and uk chocolate will blow your damn mind. See what happens when you split from the monarchy, suckers? no Kinder Eggs!
    I've tested this. I gave our Kit Kat to some american guy and he didn't know what hit him. A friend asked what i wanted when she went to Europe and i said Kit Kat, just Kit Kat. She brought me a 20 pack which i have to hide in my sock drawer from the people i know. One of them ate the first bit and exclaimed: "what the FUCK is THIS?? This isn't like eating chocolate, it's like i'm getting head!"
    I save them for times when i'm not getting nookie.

By moonit on Saturday, June 30, 2001 - 08:23 pm:

yup, usa choccy does taste different. even your cadbury bars are different to ours. some chocolate tastes like it was made with horrible old equal than real sugar. This is one of the reasons I like to do swaps. Its fun to compare.

By Alex on Tuesday, July 24, 2001 - 06:01 pm:

The UK has the best choccy in the world!

CADBURYS is the BEST! What the hell is up with those Hershy bars, they are soft and bendy, and chewy, chocolate should be hard, melty and yummy. Instead they taste like shit!

By Dougie on Tuesday, July 24, 2001 - 06:10 pm:

We send you guys the "leftovers" and keep the good stuff for ourselves. Basically, what Hershey sends to the UK is the dregs, the leftover crap that they scrape from the bottom of the barrels after production for the US market is fulfilled. They use "filler" material to extend the product. There's a reason it tastes like shit.

By Alex on Tuesday, July 24, 2001 - 06:14 pm:

but if Cadburys use the left overs, whay does it taste so much better than Hersheys?

By Stan on Tuesday, July 24, 2001 - 06:23 pm:

dumbass. try a bar of reading comprehension.

By Alex on Tuesday, July 24, 2001 - 06:26 pm:

what?

By Moderator on Tuesday, July 24, 2001 - 06:30 pm:

Sorry about that folks. Alex is feeling a bit logy after all the Cadbury's chocolate he's eaten today.

By Antigone on Tuesday, July 24, 2001 - 06:31 pm:

Case in point...

By Spider on Thursday, June 12, 2003 - 11:49 am:

Last night, I discovered that my grocery store sells British candy bars. I saw three kinds of Aero bars, Yorkie bars (which have a curious slogan of "NOT for girls" on them), this square thing that is like a tea biscuit covered with chocolate (YUM...oh, yeah, no low-carb diet for me this week), and other types of candy and biscuits. I feel like I've found hidden treasure.

I bought a Yorkie bar (haven't tried it yet), that square thing (whose name I forget, but dag, it was good), and a Cadbury's fruit-and-nut bar. Those things are meals unto themselves, man. Yes, I'd say a Cadbury's fruit-and-nut bar is my favorite vehicle of chocolate.

By Spider on Thursday, June 12, 2003 - 11:53 am:

By Spider on Thursday, June 12, 2003 - 12:18 pm:

"This is a big step for Yorkie as the trucker [the old Yorkie mascot] has been an institution, but we felt that we needed to take a stand for the British bloke and reclaim some things in his life, starting with his chocolate," said Andrew Harrison, the marketign (sic) director at Nestle.

You can't make this stuff up, folks.

By moonit on Thursday, June 12, 2003 - 08:25 pm:

I wonder if NZ Cadbury Fruit and Nut will taste different to the UK one?? Guess you'll have to decide Spider : )

By Spider on Friday, June 13, 2003 - 09:27 am:

JOY!

By Spider on Friday, June 13, 2003 - 11:32 am:

OK, at 10:30 in the morning, I'm eating an Aero bar with a white center -- good heavens, is it good. The chocolate is much more creamy and melty than US chocolate. And happily, the whole bar has only 9 g of carbs.

I will never go back to Hershey's chocolate again.

By wisper on Friday, June 13, 2003 - 06:51 pm:

mint Aero is the best one, damnit!

you don't have fruit-and-nut bars everywhere there?
    you poor bastards.

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact