feedback

sorabji.com: What do you want?: feedback
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By grandpa dolemite on Friday, August 31, 2001 - 03:06 pm:

if you've got the time and inclination, check this out.

i'm looking for critical feedback.

do me a favor and tell me what you think sucks.

thanks.

By sarah on Friday, August 31, 2001 - 09:49 pm:

the page looks good swine. but you might want to check it in Netscape 4.x. - that is, if you care about the people out there in the world who still use Netscape.

so you're making music? unfortunately for me i can't hear the audio because my sound card is all whacked out from the move. or maybe it's these speakers. shit.

anyway. rock on.

oh. you coming to new orleans in october?

By grandpa dolemite on Tuesday, September 4, 2001 - 10:52 am:

thanks.

i'm more interested in the tracks than the page. somebody else is whipping up a flash site for us.

the plan is to get a production company off the ground. i'm running into way too many beat kids splitting up $10,000 fees for 30 second commercial spots to be sitting around in an office being somebody's corporate bitchmonkey. besides, i've pretty much lost all ambition to bother trying to excel any further in this pointless game.

i'd rather sleep 'til 5 and get paid for cheesewhiz.

anyway.

i don't think i'll make it to new orleans this october.

you people scare me.

i'm gonna stay in new york where it's safe.

By Dougie on Wednesday, September 5, 2001 - 03:53 pm:

I really like #3 with its moby-like synth intro, the entrance of the drums, and the later sax solo. #1 is cool too. #2's not my cup of tea but that's just me.

Do you know anybody in the business you can pitch your clips to?

By grandpa dolemite on Thursday, September 6, 2001 - 11:33 am:

yeah-- between the two of us we've got enough solid connections to make something happen.

brooklyn jungle kids are eating it up. so far we've been sniffed out by dj seoul, swingsett, soulslinger-- we've talked to rampage from the flipmode squad about doing jungle remixes for his next project-- and tonight we have a meeting with mj cole. (check out the online studio app on his website.)

not bad for a set of incomplete pre-production mixes. we've got one more week to get everything tightened up. if the demo flies, it's gonna be on for real.

anyway-- glad you liked doogaman.

turns out that max (our sax guy) lives catercorner from mark.

shit like that has been happening a lot lately.

By Dougie on Thursday, September 6, 2001 - 01:05 pm:

That's cool -- hope it goes well for you. Nothing beats being your own boss.

"sitting around in an office being somebody's corporate bitchmonkey. besides, i've pretty much lost all ambition to bother trying to excel any further in this pointless game."

Me too. I'm pretty burnt out with the constant string of upgrades, crashes, incompatabilities, patches etc.

It's probably a pipe dream, but I've been thinking about starting an oyster farm. I know next to nothing about it, but there's only one farm out here on LI, and I know there's definitely a market for those tasty critters. Gonna have to do my research though and really think it through. Got a friend who I've mentioned the idea to and is interested. Anybody out there know anything about oyster farming?

By Nate on Thursday, September 6, 2001 - 01:18 pm:

it's strange, swine. all that synchro shit still flies.

By patrick on Thursday, September 6, 2001 - 01:30 pm:

well....liken it to this.

studies demonstrate that humans are attracted to symmetry...facial and body features symmetrical.

Is it possible this extends to hearing. Not so much symmetry but rather order, distinction, and definition.

Hmmm

But then again, if that were the case Kraftwerk and the like would have hit it big a long time ago.

By bingo on Thursday, September 6, 2001 - 02:08 pm:

oysters are prone to disease. you should check it out though; it could be a great change for you. farming anything is hard.

By pez on Thursday, September 6, 2001 - 02:24 pm:

you'd need a lot of equipment. besides caring for and harvesting the oysters, you need the space and equipment to shuck and store the oysters.

another thing: would you operate your own store/restaurant, or have someone else distibute the oysters or various other stores for purchase?

By sarah on Thursday, September 6, 2001 - 04:00 pm:

now i *really* wish the sound worked on my computer.

swine, have you seen mark?

By Nate on Thursday, September 6, 2001 - 04:50 pm:

pez knows everything.

By grandpa dolemite on Thursday, September 6, 2001 - 05:02 pm:

yeah.
    he's alive and well.
    we hung out for beers and steak at his place last month.

he still has your underwear.

By Dougie on Thursday, September 6, 2001 - 05:09 pm:

Haven't gotten that far, Pez, but it'd probably just be raising them to sell to wholesalers. And a restaurant's a whole nother kettle of fish in itself.

By pez on Friday, September 7, 2001 - 01:04 am:

true. but i thought i'd mention it, because i saw a lot of that when i used to camp with my family up around willippa bay.

By Payphone man on Friday, September 7, 2001 - 06:03 pm:

I like the site man!...

How long you been into the web design thing?...

If you got time check me site out "http://www.payphone.de.vu/"
    and tell me what you thing... (tell ya mates if you like it)

Thanks

By Lucas on Saturday, October 13, 2001 - 10:08 pm:

what the hell happened to the old page, dammit!!!!

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact