Go...

sorabji.com: What do you want?: Go...
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By moonit on Friday, January 11, 2002 - 06:48 pm:

The 2003 Mel and Jules USAUK Extravaganza Geezer Tour.

We have the name.

Leaving Auckland, flying to LA, spending some time there, flying to New York, hanging out there with trips to Washinton and Philadelphia where I have a penpal, then flying to London.

We have the plan.

We just need the money.

By patrick on Friday, January 11, 2002 - 06:50 pm:

what are you up to in LA moonit?

By moonit on Friday, January 11, 2002 - 06:55 pm:

Well I don't know.

I would think some drinking, and some sightseeing and some sorabjite meeting if anyone feels up to it.

By patrick on Friday, January 11, 2002 - 07:13 pm:

i mean i realize you may not like me very much but i can show you some interesting parts of hollywood and drink you under the table

By patrick on Friday, January 11, 2002 - 07:28 pm:

well......im pretty good at giving tours...in fact i really like it.

i can show you Harry Houdini's old house, supposedly haunted with secret underground passage ways...though its fenced off. I can show you the best view's in the city. And of course...as always...my Bukowski bar tour is ALWAYS available. I can show you at least 3 different Frank Lloyd Wright houses...as well as a Neutra house if architecture is your gig.

i just realized you said this is for 2003.

I may be dead by then. i was hoping to do this next weekend.

By Nate on Friday, January 11, 2002 - 08:19 pm:

why, praytell, are you going to LA instead of SF?

silliness.

By Platypus on Friday, January 11, 2002 - 08:41 pm:

Yeah, come to SF! I'd meet you in SF. I guess I'd probably give in and drive to LA, too, but SF is more fun. Plus, there are more of us in SF...

By moonit on Friday, January 11, 2002 - 09:27 pm:

I love tours! Especially when given by residents.

If I win Lotto Patrick, we can do it next weekend. However I fail to see this happening, so please try not to injure yourself within the next year or so.

I never thought about SF. The flights go directly from here to LA. And I've got this thing about NY, which is why we want to go there. Of course I actually want to go all over the US, but due to cash constraints have to play it by rationing.

I need to find a map. And then I need to talk to Jules. And I need to save some money. I love you free internet connection.

Sorabjifest 2003?

By Antigone on Saturday, January 12, 2002 - 04:58 am:

Come to Dallas and I can show you where Kennedy got shot.

That's the only interesting thing here.

Besides me, of course.

By Nate on Saturday, January 12, 2002 - 02:34 pm:

there's that brazillian meat eating place. that's a nice thing in dallas.

By Antigone on Saturday, January 12, 2002 - 05:33 pm:

I like the mongolian grill better

By Nate on Saturday, January 12, 2002 - 06:23 pm:

do you know the brazillian place i'm talking about? i have no idea what it's called.

damn. i'm going to have to find something to meet with the dallas engineers about.

By Antigone on Saturday, January 12, 2002 - 06:38 pm:

You mean Texas De Brazil?

By Antigone on Saturday, January 12, 2002 - 06:40 pm:

By Christopher on Saturday, January 12, 2002 - 07:07 pm:

The most incredible continuous dining experience? I take it they have vomitoriums like the Romans? Leave it up to those Godless Texans to resurrect something like that.

By Nate on Saturday, January 12, 2002 - 08:30 pm:

that's the story, tiggy.

meat. arrr

By droopy on Saturday, January 12, 2002 - 08:39 pm:

there's a texas de brazil in godless downtown fort worth. i pass by it all the time 'cause it's on my way home. at night it has lit torches all around it.

what i really want to do is go to riscky's steakhouse and have the great big ol' plate of testicles.

arrr.

By Christopher on Saturday, January 12, 2002 - 08:49 pm:

Sounds Riscky.

By Nate on Saturday, January 12, 2002 - 09:14 pm:

do the cajones cook up tender? i've always wondered about the texture bit.

do they smell like cut grass? brie cheese?

By droopy on Saturday, January 12, 2002 - 09:59 pm:

i've only had them deep fried, which makes any meat tender. it's organ meat, so it isn't as dense as chicken, which is still what it kind of tastes like. i've always been disappointed that i've never had them in perfect little globes, like i'd alway imagined they'd look like. the ones i've had were cut into strips before frying and sort of end up looking like popcorn shrimp.

can't say what they smell like. i'd have to be in the kitchen where they were cooking.

my grandmother used to tell this story about when she was a child and her father worked at the stockyards. when it came to be the castratin' time o' year on the ranch, her father would come home with a big pail of testicles. it was a special time.

By Nate on Saturday, January 12, 2002 - 11:25 pm:

i've always imagined them hard and rubbery.

you know, when i'm imagining eating testes.

i'd eat that, though. sounds pretty good.

By droop on Sunday, January 13, 2002 - 01:02 am:

your own testicles feel hard and rubbery because there's a wall of muscle covering the testes as protection. you have to break through that (like crackin' a nut) and remove the testis which is squishy like an oyster ("mountain oyster").

i talk like i go out for a sack o' nads once a week, but it's been years since i've had them. i do remember liking them. sometime this month i'll go to riscky's and have 'em in gravy. despite anything i might've said about gravy previously.

By moonit on Sunday, January 13, 2002 - 01:32 am:

*cough*

Only a thread about travelling could turn into a thread about testicles.

By semillama on Sunday, January 13, 2002 - 11:56 pm:

If you come, moonit, don't fly to new york, rent
    a car and drive. That's how you do it, or take
    the train.

You'd get to see more sorabjites that way,
    plus our natural splendor.

or, you can take a cross country non stop
    flight. that sounds good....

By Daniel ssss on Monday, January 14, 2002 - 10:25 am:

Better make it a Volkswagen... most other cars won't float the Big Waters...

Come to Missouri... yeah, a Big Quiet Time under the Arch. We could visit the Dog Museum, The National Bowlers' Hall of Fame, and the Dental Museum, to name a few sites.

By the way, Anti, I'm gonna be in Dallas in June --13th thru 16th as it looks now.

How was Auckland, Moonie? You still there?

By Czarina on Monday, January 14, 2002 - 11:40 am:

Nate ate faggots,so I can't see him having any ball boundaries.

I'm kinda disappointed that they're not round when served.I just sorta always assumed they were.This has me confused.[but I wouldn't eat em,or brains or tongue or other oddities of the hoof]

Moonie,be careful if you look at Houdini's house.He was a mean man.Somebody tried to copy his under-water-chain-me-up-escape,and Houdini got pissed,and snuck and put caustic lime into the would be escapers water.I don't remember if it killed they guy or not,but it surely didn't do him any good.There are probably bad vibes there.

And I can second that Antigone would be a good thing to sight-see in Texas.

And,of course,if you get to Texas,you're just a hop away from Lousiana.So there is an open invitation for you here.

I must have missed something.I knew you saw Jules New Years,but has there been a reuninting?

By The Watcher on Monday, January 14, 2002 - 03:38 pm:

If you're going to be in DC maybe I could try and get down there too.

Highly doubtful. But, a nice thought.

I'd love to see both moonit and spider.

By moonit on Friday, January 18, 2002 - 02:33 am:

I spoke to Jules last night, we want to go everywhere but it just seems impossible. However if we can talk Jamie into coming we could probably drive to NY - I know he'd like to do that. We'd be like crappy old Road Rules, but without the whining, and copious alcohol consumption.

I am so fucking tired and pissed off but I can't be arsed writing about it now.

By patrick on Friday, January 18, 2002 - 11:22 am:

MTV is not reality no matter what they call it.
    I've never watched such a show, but if its anything like the dramatic bullshit depicted in Real World...based on what Angry Sam has told me about filming reality TV series like that....its all a load of horseshit.

he's in Phoenix right now filming Elimidate then he's done with the season. we're gonna celebrate because when he's done, he'll have the cash to buy a brand new G4 with Final Cut Pro 4 and can edit the flic we shot last summer.

er

driving cross country is an experience totally worth it.

By The Watcher on Friday, January 18, 2002 - 02:54 pm:

Or extreamly boring.

But, at least there are no security checks you have to go through.

By Dougie on Friday, January 18, 2002 - 02:56 pm:

Damn, Watcher. Is there ANYTHING you like?

By patrick on Friday, January 18, 2002 - 03:13 pm:

well yeah....the plains of texas and the midwest can be extremely damn dull.

we cam to LA via New Orleans, Dallas, Albuquerque, Las Vegas.

the drive from Amarillo west was fucking tremendous. New Mexico and Northern Arizona are gorgeous.

If i were to do it again Id take an extreme northern route, through the Sierras, Idaho, Wyoming Montana and the Dakotas. Its supposedly beautiful driving up there.

i dunno....screaming down the American highway with some Hendrix, your girl and a fat joint are tops.

By droopy on Friday, January 18, 2002 - 03:29 pm:

when i worked at a locksmith shop, i'd occasionally have to make a drive out to a supply shop in some of the starkest texas landscape you can get. a single stretch of highway with long, gray, scrubby plains; occasionally you'd pass an oil derrick pumping away, a train track, then i'd finally come to an industrial complex with warehouses, a refinery, and maybe a gas station and a general store. for some reason i loved it. it was lonesome.

By The Watcher on Friday, January 18, 2002 - 03:31 pm:

Yes, there are things I like.

I'm just in a terrible mood. Feel bad. And, can't make a doctor's appointment.

I think my doctors practice has grown to large.

Next friday I get some sleep. I'll be having gallbladder surgery.

By The Watcher on Friday, January 18, 2002 - 03:45 pm:

I did two cross country trips with my parents when I was a kid.

Baltimore to New Mexico. I loved New Mexico, The Air Force Museum, the St Louis Gateway Arch. I even liked Stuckeys.

But, the miles and miles of miles and miles in the plains is a bit boring. And, although White Sands New Mexico is a wonder to see; in a few minutes the endless white sand and nothing but white sand can be boring too.

By Nate on Saturday, January 19, 2002 - 02:32 am:

did you stop at the big texas steak ranch in amarillo, patty?

By patrick on Tuesday, January 22, 2002 - 12:34 pm:

naw. we had lunch at some mexican joint and had one of the worst "mexican" meals I've ever had in my entire life and then promptly drove to Albuquerque.

Amarillo looked terribly depressing.

By Margret on Tuesday, January 22, 2002 - 02:03 pm:

Watcher, do I know you?
    Baltimore to New Mexico, indeed.
    You've driven the metaphor for my life.

By J on Tuesday, January 22, 2002 - 03:10 pm:

My poor little deceased mother-in-law was such a kleptomaniac I think she was a major reason there are no Stuckeys anymore.My father-in-law was a trucker,drove an 18 wheeler all around Chicago,you'd think he would,t want to drive on his vacation,but he did,went back to Tennessee even when they moved out here.

By The Watcher on Tuesday, January 22, 2002 - 05:35 pm:

I doubt it Margret.

But, you never know who will show up in Sorabji land.

By semillama on Tuesday, January 22, 2002 - 07:58 pm:

What's up, margret?

Been lurking?

By patrick on Wednesday, January 23, 2002 - 12:14 pm:

shes been lurking for years. fuck margret. i refuse to kiss her ass anymore to have her post.

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact