HELP!!!!!

sorabji.com: What do you want?: HELP!!!!!
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By eri on Thursday, April 4, 2002 - 02:52 pm:

I just got a certified letter from the Courthouse where my divorce took place. It is from some asshole prosecuting attorney. I am supposed to sign and have this form notarized that states that my ex has no order for medical support or child support for Hayley, and that the State of Missouri is not responsible to collect the child/medical support. This is a bunch of bullshit. Tom owes between $25,000-30,000 in arrears and the court is supposed to collect it. I went to court and signed the papers years ago, when he first stopped paying (actually when he never started paying).

Does anyone know anything about this? Can anyone give me any ideas of where to start? I am not about to sign some paper saying he doesn't owe Hayley anything. He owes her big time, the asshole.

I called the office of this "attorney" and got a fucking voicemail for some chick called "Norma".
    No one will tell me anything about this.

By patrick on Thursday, April 4, 2002 - 02:57 pm:

STOP!

Get a lawyer. Don't do this kind of stuff yourself.

My sister just went through a divorce and her ex is not paying child support. The guy spent a few days in jail for contempt of court and is now having his pay docked.

By Christopher on Thursday, April 4, 2002 - 03:00 pm:

If the court ordered him to pay support, dont sign that piece of crap.

Association for Children for Enforcement of Support. Check out their website for more help:
    www.childsupport-aces.org/

Or, they have a toll free number: 1-800-738-ACES

I think you might need an attorney.

By eri on Thursday, April 4, 2002 - 03:13 pm:

Thanks for the advice. I got a call from the chick they transferred me to. She informed me that I had to sign that paper and get it notarized as quickly as possible, because I live out of state. I have lived out of state before and had no problems with this. I told her that I had reservations about signing anything that said that he doesn't owe any arrears and she said that he owed $22,000 and change and transferred me to someone else regarding the wording of this letter.

Why does this shit get dumped on me when my husband is out of town and I don't have a fucking clue what is going on?

I will check out that website. Thank you Christopher.

He was supposed to have his child support automatically deducted from his paychecks as of July 1995. He got out of prison in October and I have received 3 checks since then (the most ever in the past 7 years). I know he wants out of it and he wants to sign his rights to Hayley away and have Spunky adopt her, but we haven't had the money to go thru all of the legal bullshit.

Please forgive my bantering but I am really fucked up, freaked out and fucking confused right now.

I think I am going to get drunk, but I don't know if I have enough booze, anyone nearby want to share?!?!?!?!?!

By patrick on Thursday, April 4, 2002 - 03:21 pm:

get drunk. call a lawyer in MO first thing in the morning. don't sign anything.

i know you may think "i have no money to pay a lawyer", and I understand that but in the longrun it will be in Hayley's best interest. Also, most people who seek a lawyer for this kind of shit can't afford a lawyer. If you have to go to back court, you can most likely get homechicken forced to pay your legal fees as well.

By eri on Thursday, April 4, 2002 - 03:30 pm:

I am not going to sign anything. I don't care what they say. I won't sign anything that says that he doesn't owe. He owes her and he owes me. I remember going without food (except the crackers I could mooch off of co workers) for 3 weeks because he wouldn't pay child support while he went off and bought "Hootie and the Blowfish" concert tickets and drove a camaro.

I was thinking of maybe looking for a job to pay for the attorney, but jobs out here won't even cover the daycare. There isn't shit for money here. I might keep looking anyways. I don't know. I need to calm down.

By eri on Thursday, April 4, 2002 - 03:35 pm:

Christopher, you have to join and pay dues with a credit card to get into that website. I don't have any credit cards. I will try to find some others, though. Thank You.

By Christopher on Thursday, April 4, 2002 - 04:00 pm:

Oops....I'm sorry, I just did a quick search for Dead Beat Dads and Missouri, and found what looked like a good place to start. AS we all are saying, talk to an attorney, and sign nothing that could preclude you (and that schmuck) from providing for your child. You'll be OK. You don't have to sign anything today. The wheels of justice grind exceedingly slow....

By eri on Thursday, April 4, 2002 - 04:10 pm:

I am wondering if I don't need to look into this stuff in Texas. Of course, in a couple of months we could be in Alabama. And then a few months later, something else, and then something else, until this military contract Spunky is working on is up and running worldwide. Ugh, that's it, I am getting another drink.

By patrick on Thursday, April 4, 2002 - 04:40 pm:

It will most likely be settled in MO. Start in MO, since that is the origin of the problem

By Cat on Thursday, April 4, 2002 - 06:18 pm:

I'm a bitch 'cause I'm just finding it mildly amusing that Eri's now frustrated with The Law. Last week the law was "IT" and someone should get kicked out of the country because he was wrongly arrested and then they found he had broken a minor law.

Bah. Bad me.

By eri on Thursday, April 4, 2002 - 08:42 pm:

I am not having a problem with the law. I am still divorced, my ex still has to pay child support and he still owes me $22,000 and change. I am having problems with child support enforcement which is a county office, not "the law". I am not signing anything saying he doesn't owe the money, because he owes Hayley and he owes Spunky for doing his job when he was too fucked up to care (which I am sure he still is).

It is lazy asses trying to lessen the work load that are making my life hell, not "the law".

According to the "Bitch test" I am 87% bitch. How bout you?

By patrick on Friday, April 5, 2002 - 11:34 am:

eri...come on. child support enforcement is enforcement of THE LAW.

the legal process is giving you hell, just like it gave that Pakistani we spoke of hell.

By eri on Wednesday, April 10, 2002 - 08:18 pm:

Got a call from the office. The letter is only reliquishing Missouri's having to collect the money, but doesn't do anything to the order. If I call back they will send me a copy of the order. All I need to do is take a copy of the order to the courthouse here in Tex-ass and file for them to collect it. Of course, I will have to do this every time we move.

Whatever.

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact