mp3's

sorabji.com: What do you want?: mp3's
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By sarah on Wednesday, November 13, 2002 - 12:13 pm:

i missed out on the whole mp3 revolution with napster. now i got this huge mega sexy computer with bitchin speakers, a subwoofer, and a cd burner, and not one single mp3 to do anything with them.

anyone got some for me? or know of how i can get some?

By patrick on Wednesday, November 13, 2002 - 12:33 pm:

Gnucleus rocks, sorta.

i've created a 400+ song jukebox on this 'puter here at work based on dave & nates recommendation a few months back. winamp is a solid player.

get it now, i keep reading its days are numbered.

the one complaint is it lacks a lot of the more obscure shit i seek.

now i just need to the tech support to put a burner into this machine so i can make a disc.

By Spider on Wednesday, November 13, 2002 - 12:39 pm:

Since Napster was castrated, it's really hard to find obscure MP3s. I used to use Audiogalaxy, but that's gone now, too, and Gnucleus just doesn't give me any selection.

By patrick on Wednesday, November 13, 2002 - 01:04 pm:

its not TOO bad. I've managed to pluck some decent stuff from gnucleus. Hell I got some Fugazi tunes as well as Eno, and Hope Sandoval (Mazzy Star), Blonde Redhead and a few others that I frankly didnt expect to find.

By J on Wednesday, November 13, 2002 - 02:18 pm:

Sarah I've been useing a program called XoloX and it works for me,I'm happy with it,it's easy for even me to use.

By semillama on Wednesday, November 13, 2002 - 02:21 pm:

A guy at work here uses kazaa! and likes it quite a bit.....

By wisper on Wednesday, November 13, 2002 - 04:30 pm:

i'm a Kazaa girl, myself.

By Paul on Wednesday, November 13, 2002 - 05:15 pm:

i have just one word for you.
    newsgroups.
    mp3's up the wazoo
    for pc www.xnews.com
    xnews is the best.
    you dont always get to choose what you want
    but i find that better sometimes..you discover
    music you would never find otherwise.

By dave. on Wednesday, November 13, 2002 - 06:01 pm:

i concur, paul.

http://www.cosmicwolf.com/power_grab_2002.htm

download that. plug in your isp's news server. it's probably like the mail server except it'll be news.blah.blah instead of mail.blah.blah or pop3.blah.blah.

download the group list and do a filter search for all the group names including the word mp3.

hopefully, your isp is a big fan of usenet.

otherwise, you're stuck with what remains of p2p which mostly sucks.

By Nate on Wednesday, November 13, 2002 - 06:15 pm:

narc

By moonit on Thursday, November 14, 2002 - 06:11 am:

The pandyr uses kazza as well.

By sarah on Friday, November 15, 2002 - 11:01 am:

i'm clicking refresh group list, and it looks like it's counting out the newsgroups, but then nothing NOTHING appears in the group list window after it says it's completed the newsgroup refresh.

By dave. on Friday, November 15, 2002 - 12:39 pm:

well, if you're using powergrab, the default filter is 'binaries'. if your isp doesn't carry binaries groups, that will probably mean no groups will show up in the list window. try typing 'alt' in the filter field and see if anything turns up. if not, you should look for another isp. and ask them if they carry all the binaries groups.

that's a bummer if you don't have that resource available.

By Antigone on Friday, November 15, 2002 - 03:09 pm:

Try here for some mp3's you can download. It's a CD (just recorded last night!) of the trombone choir I play in.

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact