A house

sorabji.com: What do you want?: A house
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By trace on Friday, March 7, 2003 - 03:05 pm:

This may come as a shock to Eri but:

I want a house, mostly in the country, in the suburbs of San Antonio, with about 2-3 acres of land, a small workshop, and a large shade tree on the front lawn, with a swing underneath it.

I know this sounds hokey, but I want to sit on that swing, with my arms around Eri, watching the sun set and the kids playing in the yard

By kazoo on Friday, March 7, 2003 - 03:28 pm:

I want to live in a house here...or an apartment in a house...something with a porch...I mean what's the point of living in the south if you don't have a porch to drink iced-tea on? One of my neighbors up the street has a hanging chair/hamock thing...that's what I want

It is beautiful today...sunny and warm, but not too warm. I'm starting to remember why I wanted to come here in the first place. Now I need to go shopping. I have so little spring weather clothing that fits. I ordered two bridesmaid dresses for my friend's wedding so that I could try on both sizes...I tried them on today...the smaller one fit, I am pleased.

By trace on Friday, March 7, 2003 - 03:33 pm:

Maybe the porch swing would be better then one under the tree. Too many insects can fall off the tree.......

Yes, and the iced tea or lemonade is a must

By Nate on Friday, March 7, 2003 - 04:15 pm:

i have a house i don't want anymore.

By eri on Friday, March 7, 2003 - 04:42 pm:

I want a house, too. Spunky knows my interior requirements, and the plans I made for when we finally get one I want. I never mentioned the aesthetic qualities of one, though. I want a back yard my kids can play in. A back yard that we can have a dog in.

I want Liz and Sherri to be close enough that we can see them and spend time with them. I'd bring Liz with us if I could.

By Rowlf on Friday, March 7, 2003 - 04:58 pm:

I dont want a house. I want to live in a small apartment or townhouse my whole life and use whatever extra money I have on travelling... I wouldnt want to own, I dont like that commitment.

Not yet at least.

I'm sure part of my rejection of this lifestyle comes from growing up in buttfuck nowhere, surrounded by farms, miles and miles from the nearest store, and even further from a friends' house.

Back porch? We dont need no stinking back porch!

By Nate on Friday, March 7, 2003 - 05:27 pm:

i like that idea, Rowlf.

of course, when i've sold my house i'll have a solid chunk of change to go travel on.

so, it's a mystery.

By spunky on Friday, March 7, 2003 - 06:39 pm:

YOur minds MIGHT change when you have kids...
    Then again, maybe it would just make you want to travel more, who knows?

By wisper on Friday, March 7, 2003 - 06:55 pm:

kids?!

ahahHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAH-AOOOHEEHOOREEROWRRROWRR.... kids...?

FFFTTHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA...

kids...!

BWAAAAHAHAHAHA

(heart attack)

stop... stop saying "kids"

I'm...

dying....

By heather on Friday, March 7, 2003 - 10:34 pm:

i think my life would be very much simplified if i didn't want kids. y'all talk me out of it, ok?

By kazoo on Friday, March 7, 2003 - 10:46 pm:

ok.

try going to the mall on a saturday night and think about what it's going to be like to have one or more of those teenage types LIVING with you for at least five years.

oooops my clock stopped...works every time

By dave. on Friday, March 7, 2003 - 10:57 pm:

i dunno, rowlf. a killer back porch . . . that's a worthwhile goal.

By eri on Friday, March 7, 2003 - 11:29 pm:

I want a back yard big enough that I could have an in ground pool in it and still have an area with a swingset and room for the rug rats to play. Not tons of land. I don't want horses and shit like that, just a pool and a playground and a big porch for BBQ's!

By dave. on Friday, March 7, 2003 - 11:35 pm:

i'd rather have a creek with a swimming hole.

yo, meat puppets.

By trace on Saturday, March 8, 2003 - 12:53 am:

I gotta have room for a workshop.
    I want to build remote control airplanes and restore vintage cars.
    After I retire. Until then, it would be a test lab for networking and encryption

The back patio/porch is a must

By wisper on Saturday, March 8, 2003 - 01:38 am:

i think a decent balcony in an appartment is as good as a back patio any day.

i used to have a balcony, i miss it so. Especially on cool summer nights with many candles.

But I had to stop going out on it for cigs between 3-4 pm because kids walking home from the local highschool would slink around and beg for smokes. Sometimes i threw them down, i just got sick of it.
    It's cute how they got when they were desperate.
    "hey!! is that a [band] t-shirt? I LOVE [band]! Throw me a smoke, kay?! please?!"
    Can't hate them, i used to do that stuff too.
    mmmmm, smokes.

--------------------------

life is so sweet and simple when you don't want kids, heather... join us! From when i graduated to the day i die, it's wiiiiiide open. I can do anything, and never have to worry about how close i am to a school or saving for some brats education or buying a 3 bedroom house in a good part of town. And a family car.
    Not being a slave to that stuff for 18+ years.
    And the MONEY i'll save, o-hoohooHOOOO baby, the money alone, it boggles the mind.
    Not to mention the time.

Never having to plan for the day when some screaming shit machine claws its way out of my genitals, demanding to be fed.

Just sit at the front of a WalMart or Toys R Us on a saturday, you'll see. It's a freakin Normal Rockwell scene from hell.

yup, life's a pretty sweet fruit.

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact