oil? Iraq? Cheney? couldnt be!

sorabji.com: What do you want?: oil? Iraq? Cheney? couldnt be!
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By Rowlf on Friday, July 18, 2003 - 09:20 am:

Breaking news from RCPN...

CHENEY ENERGY TASK FORCE DOCUMENTS FEATURE MAP OF IRAQI OILFIELDS

Commerce & State Department Reports to Task Force Detail Oilfield & Gas Projects, Contracts & Exploration

Saudi Arabian & UAE Oil Facilities Profiled As Well

(Washington, DC) Judicial Watch, the public interest group that investigates and prosecutes government corruption and abuse, said today that documents turned over by the Commerce Department, under court order as a result of Judicial Watch’s Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) lawsuit concerning the activities of the Cheney Energy Task Force, contain a map of Iraqi oilfields, pipelines, refineries and terminals, as well as 2 charts detailing Iraqi oil and gas projects, and “Foreign Suitors for Iraqi Oilfield Contracts.” The documents, which are dated March 2001, are available on the Internet at: www.JudicialWatch.org.

The Saudi Arabian and United Arab Emirates (UAE) documents likewise feature a map of each country’s oilfields, pipelines, refineries and tanker terminals. There are supporting charts with details of the major oil and gas development projects in each country that provide information on the projects, costs, capacity, oil company and status or completion date.

Judicial Watch has been seeking these documents under FOIA since April 19, 2001. Judicial Watch was forced to file a lawsuit in the U.S. District Court for the District of Columbia (Judicial Watch Inc. v. Department of Energy, et al., Civil Action No. 01-0981) when the government failed to comply with the provisions of the FOIA law. U.S. District Court Judge Paul J. Friedman ordered the government to produce the documents on March 5, 2002.

The documents were produced in response to Judicial Watch’s on-going efforts to ensure transparency and accountability in government on behalf of the American people. Judicial Watch aggressively pursues those goals by making FOIA requests and seeking access to public information concerning government operations. When the government fails to abide by these “sunshine laws” Judicial Watch files lawsuits in order to obtain the requested information and to hold responsible government officials accountable.

“These documents show the importance of the Energy Task Force and why its operations should be open to the public,” stated Judicial Watch President Tom Fitton.

on this page here you can see some maps n' charts n' stuff

http://www.judicialwatch.org/071703.c_.shtml

By Antigone on Friday, July 18, 2003 - 01:50 pm:

http://famulus.msnbc.com/FamulusIntl/reuters07-18-072017.asp?reg=MIDEAST

Body found in wood matches UK weapons inspector

LONGWORTH, England, July 18 — British police found a body on Friday matching that of a mild-mannered scientist who disappeared after becoming unwittingly embroiled in a furious political dispute about the Iraq war.

The softly spoken 59-year-old had been thrust into the limelight by a row over whether the British government hyped the threat from Iraq in order to justify joining the U.S.-led war.
    The political fallout was almost immediate. Prime Minister Tony Blair's government promised an independent judicial inquiry into events leading up to the death of Dr David Kelly, if it is confirmed.
    Blair has refused previous calls for a wider inquiry into the government case for war in Iraq.
    Kelly's family reported him missing overnight after he went for a walk in the Oxfordshire countryside on Thursday with no coat and stayed out despite a rainstorm. Police found a body in a wood near his home earlier on Friday.
    ''We can confirm that the body matches the description of Dr Kelly. The body has not been formally identified,'' a police spokeswoman said.
    Kelly, a microbiologist at the Defence Ministry who had worked for U.N. inspectors in Iraq, had been grilled by parliamentarians on Tuesday after admitting he spoke to a reporter for Britain's BBC radio.
    The reporter, Andrew Gilligan, said in May a senior intelligence source had told him the government ''sexed up'' data to emphasise the threat from Iraq.
    That report sparked parliamentary hearings into how the government made the case for war, forced Blair onto the defensive and pitted government officials against the broadcaster in a heated war of words.
    Blair spoke to top officials about the case from aboard a flight to Tokyo from Washington.
    ''The prime minister is obviously very distressed for the family of Dr Kelly,'' a spokesman said aboard the flight.
    If the death is confirmed the defence ministry would hold an independent judicial inquiry, presided over by a judge with access to all government papers, he added.
    Kelly's discomfort in the spotlight was evident from his demeanour at the foreign affairs committee hearing.
    Speaking so softly he could barely be heard, he admitted he had met Gilligan but denied telling him Blair's communications chief Alastair Campbell had ordered intelligence on suspected Iraqi banned weapons to be hyped.
    Kelly appeared shell-shocked when parliamentarians at the hearing described him as ''chaff'' and a government ''fall guy,'' put forward to shield top officials from blame.
    Kelly's wife Jane described him as deeply upset by the hearing, family friend Tom Mangold, a television journalist, told ITV News.
    ''She told me he had been under considerable stress, that he was very very angry about what had happened at the committee..,'' Mangold said.

By semillama on Friday, July 18, 2003 - 03:47 pm:

He was murdered by the same cabal that took out Vince Foster!!!!

oh, wait, I am mixing my cabals. Apologies.

He was taken out by the same cabal that murdered Paul Wellstone!!!!

By Doctorate in Microbiology on Friday, March 26, 2004 - 06:18 am:

Dear Sir

I am Doctorate in Microbiology. If you have any kind of vacancies suitable for me in your Institute inform me.
    Sincerely yours,

Rajkumar Singh

By Doctorate in Microbiology on Friday, March 26, 2004 - 06:20 am:

Dear Sir

I am Doctorate in Microbiology. If you have any kind of vacancies suitable for me in your Institute inform me.
    Sincerely yours,

Gunjan Mukherjee
    Microbiology Laboratory
    Visva Bharati University
    Santiniketan
    INDIA

By semillama on Friday, March 26, 2004 - 10:13 am:

We have several vacancies here in the Institute for Advanced Evil. Requirements include being able to produce a bone-chilling laugh at will, excessive wringing of hands, and ability to work with a diverse set of malformed assistants. Dress code includes the standard white lab coat, goggles, and biomechanical implants. Projects will include using nanotechnology to breed tiny android gorillas to attack our enemies from the inside, and figuring out how to make the assthunder effect in our maltitol product more deadly.

Think you're up to it?

By Raj Kumar Singh on Sunday, April 4, 2004 - 09:10 am:

Dear Sir

I am Doctorate in Microbiology. If you have any kind of vacancies suitable for me in your Institute or any company inform me.

Sincerely yours,

Raj Kumar Singh

Microbiology Laboratory
    Visva Bharati University
    Santiniketan
    INDIA

By Doctorate in Microbiology on Tuesday, April 27, 2004 - 04:52 am:

Dr. Gunjan Mukherjee

Dear friends,
    Hers is my detail contact address:

My Address:

School of Life Sciences
    Division of Microbiology
    Visva Bharati University
    Santiniketan-731235
    INDIA
    Phone: +91-3463-261686 (Lab)
    +91-3463-253497 (Res)
    Cell phone:+91-9832138067
    E.mail: gunjanvb@rediffmail.com

By Mir Musaraf Hussain on Tuesday, May 4, 2004 - 04:55 am:

Doctorate in Biotechnology on Friday, March 26, 2004 - 06:20 am:
    Dear Sir

I am Doctorate in Biotechnology. If you have any kind of vacancies suitable for me in your Institute inform me.
    Sincerely yours,

Mir Musaraf Hussain
    Visva Bharati University
    Santiniketan
    INDIA

By heather on Tuesday, May 4, 2004 - 05:25 am:

can someone explain these to me?

By Antigone on Tuesday, May 4, 2004 - 12:18 pm:

We are at a confluence of confused deception.

By Baskar on Saturday, January 22, 2005 - 06:45 am:

P.G in microbiology january 22 2005
    Dear sir,
    I am postgraduate in Microbiology. If you have any kind of vacancies suitable for me in your Institute inform me.
    Sincerely yours,
    N.Baskar

By SUJITH.P.P on Saturday, January 22, 2005 - 06:47 am:

By P.P.Sujith on Saturday, January 22, 2005 - 06:45 am:
    P.G in microbiology january 22 2005
    Dear sir,
    I am postgraduate in Microbiology. If you have any kind of vacancies suitable for me in your Institute inform me.
    Sincerely yours,
    P.P.Sujith

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact