My nephew to live

sorabji.com: What do you want?: My nephew to live
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By Antigone on Tuesday, October 21, 2003 - 05:15 pm:

Zachary, my nephew, was born one week ago.

He has a hypoplastic left heart. Basically, his left ventricle is malformed and can't pump correctly. Tomorrow he may have surgery that will effectively give him a two chambered heart. If he survives, and there's a significant chance he won't, there are at least two more surgeries after that, in six months and two years.

Without the surgery, he will die.

I don't know if there's a god, but I do believe that prayers and thoughts can help people. Please keep Zachary in your thoughts.

By kazu on Tuesday, October 21, 2003 - 05:19 pm:

oh my goodness antigone, i am so sorry.

I will keep Zachary in my thoughts, and you, and your family. Is this your sister's child?

I think I am going to cry now, but I'm glad you shared that with us.

By semillama on Tuesday, October 21, 2003 - 05:21 pm:

My thoughts are with you and yours, antigone.

By patrick on Tuesday, October 21, 2003 - 05:24 pm:

as a new parent, my heart is heavy

duder...hang in there.

you could be looking at the makings of a miracle.

By sarah on Tuesday, October 21, 2003 - 05:30 pm:

good vibes going out Zachary's way, and yours.

By eri on Tuesday, October 21, 2003 - 05:46 pm:

Antigone.....we had a scare like that with Micki when she was less than a week old, only it was permanent renal failure.......if you want me to, I will contact all of the people we did for prayers circles for your nephew. But I won't start the chain without your OK.

By Antigone on Tuesday, October 21, 2003 - 06:02 pm:

Yeah, kazu, it's my sister's baby.

And, that would be great, eri.

Thanks, everyone.

By eri on Tuesday, October 21, 2003 - 09:53 pm:

I will do what I can. My hugs and best wishes and thoughts and prayers etc are with you. If there is anything we can do to help let us know.

By dave. on Tuesday, October 21, 2003 - 11:00 pm:

a fella pretty much needs a left ventricle. how will living with a 2-chambered heart affect his quality of life? i hope we find out.

By agatha on Wednesday, October 22, 2003 - 11:53 am:

I'm thinkin on you and your nephew, too.

By Spider on Wednesday, October 22, 2003 - 12:04 pm:

I'm praying for Zachary and his parents and you.

By Platypus on Wednesday, October 22, 2003 - 04:12 pm:

I will pray for all of you as well.

By Antigone on Wednesday, October 22, 2003 - 07:28 pm:

He's out of surgery and the doctor said he's doing well.
    More details later, but everyone is happy here. :)

Whew...

Thanks, ya'll.

By kazu on Wednesday, October 22, 2003 - 07:33 pm:

oh, antigone, i'm happy for you guys.

By eri on Wednesday, October 22, 2003 - 07:35 pm:

Congratulations. I hope all continues to go well.

By Antigone on Monday, November 3, 2003 - 02:05 pm:

The family now has a page for the little guy. :)

By J on Monday, November 3, 2003 - 02:12 pm:

He's soo cute,darn you Tiggy you were so close to Janny,you should have looked me up.I had no computer when you posted this,I'll remember him in my prayers.

By Antigone on Monday, November 3, 2003 - 02:26 pm:

I know, J, and I'm sorry I didn't call you. Things were just hectic as fuck. But I'll probably head back up for the second surgery in a few months. We should do lunch!

By eri on Monday, November 3, 2003 - 04:14 pm:

OMG Antigone...those pictures.....they bring back memories.

Your nephew is beautiful, and an amazing little miracle.

I am going to have to go and take a break and stop crying. Those cords and tubes and things just bring back so much, and it kills me to see other people have to go thru the same types of things.

By semillama on Monday, November 3, 2003 - 04:22 pm:

I will say that those photos reveal that "Uncle Gregory" is a big ol' softie no matter how he can come across here.

By eri on Monday, November 3, 2003 - 05:56 pm:

I will agree with that one.

By wisper on Monday, November 3, 2003 - 06:00 pm:

have i mentioned how damn creepy it is seeing what y'all really look like?

look more like how you do in my mind!

with clown pants!

By Antigone on Monday, November 3, 2003 - 06:14 pm:

Sem, Uncle Gregory must now rip your lungs out.

By kazu on Monday, November 3, 2003 - 06:45 pm:

You look so cute uncle gwegoreeee....and the wee bairn, yes he looks cute too. i'm so happy for your family, i can't think about it anymore or like eri, i am going to cry.

By J on Tuesday, November 4, 2003 - 10:59 am:

Let me know when your coming back down Tiggy,you know from what I remember from a child development class I took, babies aren't suppose to really focus till they are about 2 months old,Zachary seems to be checking you out more intently than you are him.Already he's advanced:)

By TBone on Tuesday, November 4, 2003 - 11:31 am:

I second the clown pants sentiment.
    I'm really glad he's doing well.
    These pictures remind me of my own infant pictures. I spent the first few weeks of my life full of tubes and under glass like a science experiment. A baby incubator.
    That's probably why I find it so comforting to hang out in the bathroom with the heat lamp on.

By Antigone on Friday, January 30, 2004 - 02:47 am:

I've got an update...

Zachary went in for his second open heart surgery yesterday. He came through with flying colors. :)

Today he was taken off the respirator and he even got to have a bit 'o' breast milk. (yum!) He's in mostly morphine induced sleep at the moment and is recovering nicely. He ought to be out of the hopital in about a week.

He is such a trooper. A few times today the morphine wore off and he woke up. He was a bit grumpy, but he never cried. (Even with a four inch incision in his chest!) The kid's got guts.

By eri on Friday, January 30, 2004 - 09:27 pm:

Congratulations Tiggy. I am glad to hear he is pulling through so well.

By kazu on Friday, January 30, 2004 - 09:45 pm:

Tiggy, I am so happy he's doing so well. I saw the new pictures on the site, Zachary is so cute.

hi eri!

By patrick on Saturday, January 31, 2004 - 10:29 am:

thats brilliant to hear.

in my family, an old soul is on his way out. in a sleep, recovering from hip replacement surgery. the problem is he won't wake up. my grandfather.

the details later, but we could be bound for atlanta anytime.

but i want to reiterate, at a time like this,im happy to hear this tiggy.

By J on Saturday, January 31, 2004 - 01:01 pm:

Me too and I'm sorry I didn't have a car yesterday.

By kazu on Sunday, February 1, 2004 - 12:42 am:

Patrick, I got similar news about my grandmother this evening. I will be Massachusetts bound soon. I'm going to look at baby pictures because my DVD player won't work and I need to smile.

By eri on Sunday, February 1, 2004 - 01:34 pm:

Hi Kazu

To both Patrick and Kazu, I am hoping that all goes well, or as well as it can. My thoughts are with you and your families.

And again, congrats Tiggy

By Antigone on Sunday, February 1, 2004 - 06:59 pm:

Hey, patrick and kazu, I know what you're going through. My grandmother died only a few weeks ago, but I could see her qualities in ger great-grandson. She was strong and stubborn, holding out for five years after two strokes and heart failure. Zachary definately inherited that strength.

He's now off most all monitors except the blood oxygen one. Last I heard he may go home as early as tomorrow.

By eri on Sunday, February 1, 2004 - 09:21 pm:

All I can say is WOW.....you would think that he would at least be on a bradichardia monitor, which is also doubled as an apnea monitor, but with his surgery, you would think more heart monitors when he went home. That is just amazing. It's a major YEAH BABY YEAH!!!!

Congrats

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact