I want my dog to be alright..

sorabji.com: What do you want?: I want my dog to be alright..
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By Dani on Sunday, May 30, 2004 - 06:47 pm:

In November I went to a breeder and bought my Daughter a 12 week old English Bulldog. We stayed away from dogs for the last 10 years because eventually, there is heartbreak.
    I drove to Sarasota to get the puppy and when I got there, there he was...a little fat brindel and white English Bulldog sleeping on the back seat of the breeders car. He had a little blue bandana tied around his neck and it was love at first sight. I picked him up and looked at his beautiful face and on his right eye, there was this big blob of red mass. I did not care because I just said fuck it, I love him and I will have what ever is wrong with him fixed at the vet. So I got back from Sarasota and went directly to the vet. The vet informed me that he had cherry eye and that it was very common and typical in English Bulldogs. I had researched these dogs for years on the internet so I knew about cherry eye.
    So the very next morning the vet did the surgery and removed the cherry eye. I also had him neutered at the same time. He did not do well with the anestesia (I could not spell that right on a bet) and we almost lost him. He ended up being just fine and has been the best pet we have ever had. He never did anything wrong. He never went to the bathroom in the house, he never barks, he never chews, he is just the most lovable animal I have ever seen. He loves to ride in the truck with me and swim at the beach. He loves the pool. He loves the bird. He loves being here with us.
    This morning I wake up and the dog is snoring as usual along side me. I lifted him up and put him down on the floor and I noticed blood all over my bed. I flipped and called the vet. Of course his primary vet is closed today because it's Sunday so I had to take him to an emergency care center in New Port Richey.
    We're in the waiting room when this total fuckin' fruit loop guy comes out and takes us back to the exam room. I had a bad feeling the second I laid eyes on this vet.
    By this time I'm hysterical crying and the vet just had no patience or compassion so it made everything worse.
    The vet informs me that my dogs ut-oh needs to be operated on because of some stretching out that happens when the dog gets "wood."
    Because the vet was a total weirdo and could not keep his eyes still, I refused to leave my dog there. He appeared to be more interested in my boobs than my dog. So the vet tells me to take the dog home and make sure he gets NO MORE WOOD until my primary vet can see him. The vet pushed his ut-oh back in and home we went. So now I am keeping the dog secluded in my bedroom so he wont get excited around the kids. I am hoping that my primary vet is open tomorrow and that they can do whatever it takes to make him OK.
    He's only 10 months old. He is such a huge part of our life. I'm hoping everything will be alright.

By Gee on Monday, May 31, 2004 - 10:30 am:

wood as in errection?

I've never heard of anything like this.

I'm so sorry for your baby. I hope he comes out alright.

By Dani on Monday, May 31, 2004 - 11:46 am:

Yup, as in erection...I have heard of it with bulldogs but I never expected it to be like this. This morning he woke up and I took him outside and when he came back in the house, he was standing at full attention dripping blood everywhere. So I had to lube "it" all up and shove "it" back in. It's really nasty and I can't wait until tomorrow morning to take him to his regular vet. He is sleeping on the tile now and he looks comfortable. Breaks my heart to see him not well.
    Thanks Gee. I hope he'll be alright also.

By Kalli on Thursday, June 3, 2004 - 01:02 am:

Oh Dani, I hope everything turns out alright too... I've
    never heard of this before either but I COMPLETELY
    understand your frustration with emergency vets. The
    coldness they put on makes it really hard to trust them
    with your animals. (Eh, in my case, my children)
    Although I understand that because of the trauma that
    comes through there, they have to desensitive
    themselves, it doesn't make it any easier. When we had
    to put our Cubby down, the blonde huge titted ditz at
    the front desk almost got my foot through her nose.
    We're losing one of our best friends and she's chatting
    on her cell phone about her loser date the night before.
    Unprofessional and uncompassionate. Nothing is more
    frustrating.

Let us know what happens ok?

By Dani on Thursday, June 3, 2004 - 02:44 pm:

Thanks alot Kalli.
    Everything turned out OK. He had a condition called prolapsed mucosa. He had surgery on Tuesday and they cut off 1/4 inch of his "pecker" and now he's loaded with stitches for the next 2 weeks. But he's doing really good and we could not be happier! The bleeding has stopped and he seems to be doing really well.
    Emergency vets are awful and very frustrating. They have no hearts and should not be dealing with animals in need of medical care. I'm sure there are some good ones but I have not come across any yet.
    Thanks for your concern.

By semillama on Thursday, June 3, 2004 - 05:15 pm:

*whimper*

By kazu on Thursday, June 3, 2004 - 05:24 pm:

New York: Oct 18, 1884. A little monkey, a native of Bahia and belonging to the ring-tailed species, three weeks ago escaped from his owners ard broke his right leg just above the knee. Mortification set in, and amputation was necessary to save the animal's life, so he had been turned over to Dr. Watts, of Boston, for treatment. He weighed but five pounds, and was very weak.

(dani, I'm glad your dog's doing better)

By Dani on Thursday, June 3, 2004 - 06:45 pm:

Thank you.

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact