I want to find the good ,ol boys

sorabji.com: What do you want?: I want to find the good ,ol boys
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By V on Tuesday, April 11, 2006 - 09:06 pm:

Spider,HAL 9000,The Watcher,Dodi the good looking,...Dave the awesome,(now and then,)

By Dodi on Sunday, April 16, 2006 - 06:30 pm:

Thanks V! I wish that I could post on a regular basis, but for some reason, I can't. By the way, how is The Watcher? Is his wife doing okay?

If I don't post back right away, it's not because I don't want to. I just can't seem to log on........

XO

By V on Saturday, April 22, 2006 - 11:09 pm:

Dodi,first dump all the stuff on your computer,they all clog up now and then,re-boot,keep your anti-virus up to date,v just killed a monster one.,damn thing shut me down for 3 days.

By V on Saturday, April 22, 2006 - 11:26 pm:

...The Watcher?...I think he got pissed off by the endless insults from Sorabjis,you know,like a pack of wolves round a stag,,,but I do wish him well.v? well I can take a direct hit from a nuke,and still post as normal.I dont ever give up.,same as you. xxx

By Dodi on Sunday, April 23, 2006 - 03:34 pm:

I wish him well too.

Don't give up....NEVER~!

By Iv on Monday, April 24, 2006 - 11:55 pm:

Dodi,for years,I think I will die the next day,years go past and v still exists,perhaps v has a reason to live? for a fact I save the lives of 2 people so far,just for makeing them laugh,so intent on killing themselves,then they meet me,so I buy them a drink,a meal,and I say,"you want to kill yourself",,,"put it off same time next week,",,,"give it more thinks"....some do,and some v has saved,2 perhaps 3 people so far from death,yet you kids regard me as an Anti-Christ?...

By V on Tuesday, April 25, 2006 - 09:41 pm:

...Shit,I posted as "ivy" again :(

By Dodi on Saturday, April 29, 2006 - 03:15 pm:

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.............

By V on Saturday, April 29, 2006 - 04:16 pm:

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm............................ to you too !

By Dodi on Thursday, May 4, 2006 - 06:55 pm:

Right back at ya sweetie.:)

By V on Monday, May 8, 2006 - 12:37 pm:

xxxxxx

By V on Monday, May 8, 2006 - 12:59 pm:

...Fact,if you trap a nerve,or dis-locate a bone,its all most normal in a few weeks so I find.v has both right now,but its better each day.I dont trust hospitals,my Father died in one,age 58,...but I expect they got there financial target right for the year ending ,72.

By Ophelia on Monday, May 8, 2006 - 01:30 pm:

hi... i'm sort of "medium semi-old girls" not "good old boys" but i just popped in thinking the same... good old boys, wonder what they're up to. still think about you all, so just saying hi. sometimes i just want to make sure this place still exists.

By kazu on Monday, May 8, 2006 - 01:47 pm:

don't be a tease...at least let us know how you've been.

By V on Monday, May 8, 2006 - 02:47 pm:

Ophelia,this place is much more than that,it is an "Event Horizon",,,powered by anti-matter,it has been beyond space and time.

By wisper on Monday, May 8, 2006 - 06:57 pm:

Ophelia, i think a long time ago you mentioned that you had a Microsoft Word document outlining everything you knew about all of us so that you could get your facts straight.

....was that you?

Every so often i am consumed with needing to see that document.

Anyway, you're neat ;)

By Ophelia on Monday, May 8, 2006 - 11:33 pm:

Hi!!!

wisper, yeah that was me. haha i had forgotten that but i think i still have it. it would be a bit outdated by now! and thanks. you are neat too.

you know what V? I think you may be right.

I am doing okay. I am still at college, still in VT. When was I last here? Hmm... well in the last few years I have kept studying on and off, worked on organic farms in PA and Ecuador, lived in the jungle, saw 3 poisonous snakes (apart from zoos), consumed countless pb+j sandwiches, and made many wonderful friendships.

I fell in love for the first time in November. That was a wonderful time. My most recent life-changing event though was less wonderful. I became pregnant and had an abortion. I am still dealing with that. It is hard. I am currently in school and that is where I want to be. I am scheduled to graduate next february. I want a baby but know better than to go and get pregant again to try and replace the one that is gone now.

I am trying to heal and become stronger.

I don't know that I planned to tell all that but there aren't so many people I talk to about it in real life and sometimes I just need to say it to help me process it.

i hope you all are healthy and happy.

love,
    Ophelia

By platypus on Tuesday, May 9, 2006 - 01:21 am:

Ophelia!

I missed you. Stay and tell us more about your adventures.

By Ophelia on Tuesday, May 9, 2006 - 03:49 pm:

kazu, wisper, platypus:
    you ladies make me feel warm and fuzzy.

i will stick around for a while and lurk anyways...

is pez still around? seems like i remember a lot of names that i don't on the threads.

By Ophelia on Tuesday, May 9, 2006 - 03:50 pm:

...don't *see* on the threads.

By platypus on Tuesday, May 9, 2006 - 03:57 pm:

talk to me about poisonous snakes

yes, pez is still around.

By Ophelia on Tuesday, May 9, 2006 - 05:06 pm:

I like poisonous snakes... okay poor word. I am enthralled by them. Also, I shouldn't have said 3 poisonous snakes. 2 were poinsonous, and one was a boa, about 5-6 feet long. There was another boa too, a littler one who had been cut with a machete, and someone had tried to nurse back to health but taken really poor care of. When I met her she was really near death, without enough water, and infested with about 50 ticks... a lot when your body is only about 3 feet long. I spent an afternoon with a friend trying to feed the snake with a straw and picking the ticks off. It was about where I would say kill it to put it out of misery, but someone had already committed it to a human-dependant life and wasn't going to give up on it. Really sad. I left there the next day so I never found out how whether she revived at all or not.

The other snakes were in the jungle.

The first dangerous snake I saw was the most magical one. It was bright red. Lipstick, fire-engine, dangerous red. And beautiful. Its 3-foot long body was wrapped around the banister on the porch of our cabin, moving very slowly, and I walked by it twice without seeing it. Shadows and patterns of light in the jungle do that. When I saw it, I was startled. I couldn't stop looking at it. I was really entranced by the beauty. It looked so calm but so dangerous. After a while I did tear myself away to get my camera, but the pictures did not come out. Even though there was some fear in what was captivating about it, my overwhelming sense was beauty not danger. I didn't get scared until I was thinking about it later, after C got back to the camp and his mother sent him up to go and kill it with his machete. I realized maybe I should have been more worried if it was dangerous enough to kill.

That night I participated in an ayahuasca ritual and saw anacondas circling the cabin and protecting it.

Later on, I had much more fear associated with the snakes in the jungle. Anacondas that I saw in later rituals were also power figures, but more as judges and guides than guardians.

The next snake was the 5-6 foot boa I mentioned. C and I and his mom and little sister hiked into their community in the jungle two days before Christmas and were cleaning up the house, which they hadn't been to for a few months. The boa was under a mattress in one of the bedrooms. I was standing at an angle where I couldn't see what he and his mother had uncovered, but I could see their alarm. They were speaking in Quichua, and backing out of the room, but I asked what was going on so they told me in Spanish that there was a boa. His mom and I waited in the kitchen while he went back with machete and killed the boa.

All of the snakes in this story end with machetes.

The third snake. This one was little, but also poisonous. We were doing some work on the tourist cabins, ripping up an old walkway to re-use the wood in a new cabin. I picked up a log and there was a snake under it. I was surprised, jumped back, almost dropped the log back onto it. That would have gotten it mad, I should think. I told C and (big surprise) he got his machete. He told me afterward it was poisonous.

Later in the jungle, when I was sick, I got paranoid about anacondas when walking around at night, especially when crossing the river. I had crossed this river many times without being afraid. Some nights I was certain there were huge anacondas stalking me. I shouldn't have watched that idiotic movie! I did hold an anaconda in a zoo. It was definately big enough to kill a human but not really big enough to want to. And it was well-fed.

But really, they are powerful and frightening and awe-inspiring animals.

By lapis on Wednesday, May 10, 2006 - 12:24 am:

hey, ophelia! i'm kinda jealous, never seen a "wild" snake longer than a foot (even my younger sister has seen a rattler).

still around, mostly lurking. there was a period of time where i didn't even visit for some months and then slooooowly began posting under a new name. i think someone thought i was cyst? i i i i i i i i......

haven't posted significantly for a long time. time to change that, waiting for my bedsheets to dry.

By semillama on Wednesday, May 10, 2006 - 12:23 pm:

When I was in El Yunque in Puerto Rico, you could SMELL the snakes, even if you couldn't see them. Kind of smelled like fruit.

By V on Wednesday, May 10, 2006 - 06:48 pm:

Ophelia,nothing like a 7 foot boa round my neck on a warm day,nice and cold,its spiders that creep me out...big fat ones.I have to set my cat on them.The only killer snakes in England are Adders,some call them Vipers due to the "v" on the back,now very rare...Tia,the cat, eats most of my house monsters,huntsmen and wolf spiders.

By V on Thursday, May 11, 2006 - 06:59 pm:

...droopsky posts as 39? no way,21 tops,so you want to dissent with v? ...droopsky,you cant be old,
    as you post so young.So tell this ,to v,you are not 39,is joke to v,da?

By Ophelia on Thursday, May 11, 2006 - 08:51 pm:

sem,
    i know that snaky fruity smell. i smelled it in this cave by a river where i was told an anaconda lived... (s)he wasn't home at the time though.

hi pez!

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact